Day 33 to Uprising

Uprising

                Kris usually doesn’t take much interest in Luhan’s love life. Not because he wasn’t interested, but because he didn’t want to interfere. He was 100% supportive of his uality and encouraged him to talk about or at least be open enough to discuss it. Luhan’s strange behaviour for the past few days threw Kris for a loop, leaving the older man confused. Why was his son acting so strangely?

                Luhan started coming back home past midnight, something he never, ever did. He looked distracted all the time and had a really sappy grin on his face. Luhan was just scooping through his cereal bowl, watching the milk fall out of his spoon.

                “Luhan?”

                “Huh?” Luhan responded, dropping his spoon on the bowl.

                “Is everything okay?”

                “Yeah. Why wouldn’t it be?”

                “You seem a little distracted.”

                “Oh.” Luhan looked back at his cereal bowl. “I’m probably just tired.”

                “I’m not surprised. You have been home late every night for the past few days.”

                “You know?” Luhan was so careful in making sure he didn’t leave any traces. He waited until Kris was asleep and walked as lightly as he could.

                “Of course I know. You think you walk lightly but you don’t.” Kris grinned. “Research keeping you up?”

                “Uh…yeah.” Luhan heaved a sigh of relief (he wasn’t sure why but he did).

                “I hope you’re making good progress with it then.”

                “Thanks Kris.” Luhan smiled to himself (again) and ran his spoon through his bowl again. He remembered the night before, where he snuck into Sehun’s cell and they started talking about music. He remembered the way Sehun laughed when Luhan admitted he had never heard of My Chemical Romance and the spent hours going through their songs, feet tapping away and eardrums bursting at the sound.

                He remembered the way his heart skipped several beats when Sehun took his hand.

                He remembered how beautiful Sehun looked when he smiled.

                Now Luhan was just smiling to himself again, like an absolute fool. Kris shook his head and laughed.

                “If I didn’t know you any better I would think you’re in love.”

*********************

                “Kris thinks I’m in love.” Luhan told Sehun that night, as they laid on the ground (the bed was too small) with pillows tucked under their heads.

                “Is that strange?” Sehun asked.

                “Maybe. How would he know? He’s never seen me in love.”

                “Have you never been in love? Or in a relationship at least?”

                “Not that I can recall.” Luhan shook his head. “My whole life was spent in academics. I guess my first love was science if you can call it that.”

                “Pathetic.” Sehun scoffed.

                “Is it my fault I didn’t find anyone attractive?”

                “Even until now?” Sehun asked, raising an eyebrow. “You are constantly surrounded by beautiful people and you haven’t even found one attractive?”

                “Not true.” Luhan pouted. “I think Taeyong is quite handsome.”

                “Oh yeah.” Sehun nodded. “That kid looks like he came out of a comic book.”

                “And I think Kai is handsome too.”

                “Dude picks his nose and farts like a train.”

                “Chanyeol is good looking too.”

                “That man never picks up after himself and has ears the size of an elephant.”

                “Are you going to just pick on my taste all the time?” Luhan rolled his eyes. “Why do I even bother with you sometimes?”

                “I’m supposed to make fun of people. That’s my job. Without it I would be a free man.”

                Luhan laughed and Sehun chuckled with him. “You’re impossible.”

                “I’ve heard that before.” Sehun grinned. “but I think my goal in life is to make the impossible possible.”

                “Like what?”

                “Well, someone used to tell me that my dream of becoming a famous performer was impossible.”

                “You made that possible.”

                “Yes. And then Kai said it was impossible to eat 17 bananas in one minute.”

                “You made that possible?”

                “Oh yeah. Though I did throw up after that.” Sehun laughed.

                “What else?”

                “I’m not sure. Why don’t you give me something impossible and I’ll try to make that possible.”

                “Okay,” Luhan thought for a while. “When I come up with something I’ll let you know.”

                “Don’t give me something lame like putting on 100 layers of pants or something. Give me something really tough.”

                “I’m thinking, I’m thinking!” Luhan slapped him playfully, eye brows creased together.

                “I’m glad we’re doing this.” Sehun teased. “I’ve never snuck a boyfriend in before.”

                “Since when am I your boyfriend?” Luhan fake gagged.

                “Since the day you ran to me and cried in my arms.”

                “Can we please not revisit that?” Luhan sighed, falling back on his right arm, trying to hide his face. “Can we pretend that never happened?”

                “Why? You looked so cute back then.”

                “Cute?!?!?!?” Luhan almost screeched.

                “Yeah. Red nose, wet eyes and those sniffles. You sounded like a whining puppy.” Sehun smiled teasingly. Luhan curled his lip in disgust at the memory of it and he slapped Luhan’s arm hard.

                “Stop doing that!”

                “I don’t know why you are so embarrassed. Most people would be grateful to be held and comforted by the mighty Oh Sehun.”

                “I would rather choke on a wooden spoon and die.” Luhan rolled his eyes. “No one has ever seen me cry before.”

                “It must be scary for you. Oh my poor baby.”

                “Stop teasing me!”

                “My poor baby was scared of a kiss….”

                “It wasn’t the kiss that scared me, you .”

                “Want daddy to kiss you and make it all feel better?”

                “I don’t have a if that’s what you’re implying.” Luhan huffed, turning his head to look up the ceiling so that he would avoid looking at Sehun. A moment of silence passed between them until Sehun’s soft whispers broke the quiet.

                “I really could kiss you.”

                “What?” Luhan turned his head.

                “I really could kiss you.” Sehun said, speaking up a little louder. He held Luhan’s gaze through the darkness, making out the young scientist’s features and reaching for his hand.

                “You…want to kiss me?”

                “Yes.”

                “Oh.” Luhan could feel his cheeks burning and he lowered his head again. Another awkward silence passed through the room. Was Sehun trying to flirt with him? Luhan was useless in flirting. What should he do? He silently wished he had taken his friend’s offer back in university and sat for Flirting 101.

                “If I asked nicely would you let me?” Sehun ran a finger down the back of Luhan’s hand, sending shivers down his spine.

                “That would spoil the mood, wouldn’t it? Who asks someone they like for a kiss?”

                “Because it would be rude to kiss someone if they didn’t want to be kissed.”

                “Then how do you know I want or don’t want to be kissed?”

                “You didn’t say no. That’s a start.”

                Luhan felt like combusting then and there. He was so close to just exploding into a million atom bombs that would light up the dark room. Suddenly, he started wondering what it really would be like if he kissed him. What would it be like to feel Sehun’s lips on his?

                “We don’t have to kiss now if you don’t want to. I can wait.”

                “For how long?” Luhan asked.

                “I waited my whole life for a friend like you. What’s wrong with waiting another lifetime for a kiss?”

 

A/N: I don't know about you but I live for hunhan, which is why I needed this so badly XD