NEWSPAPER #2

Uprising

A/N: DOUBLE UPDATES!!

 

S.M.E ARSONIST CHARGED

Former Researcher Charged with 2 Year House Arrest

SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA: It has been a long and gruelling battle, and after 14 weeks of deliberation, the case of the S.M.E. arson has finally been settled.

Lu Han, the 25-year-old former researcher at S.M.E. pleaded guilty to causing the explosion that burnt S.M.E. compound and caused 3 deaths and several minor injuries. Judge Roseanne Park ruled that it was “impossible to acquit him of the full charges he admitted to” due to lack of evidence and was sentenced to 2 years house arrest.

“My client understands what he has done.” Kim Jaejoong, lawyer for Lu Han told the press earlier this afternoon after the court hearing. “He is deeply remorseful and is hoping to use this time to reflect on his actions. I apologise on his behalf to the families of individuals affected by his actions.”

When asked if it was possible that Lu Han was just a pawn in a much bigger organisation behind the attack, Kim swatted the accusations aside. “My client is taking full responsibility for what happened.”

Kim also commented on the lighter charge that Lu was sentenced to. “It is not uncommon for arsonists to receive a sentence of 2 to 3 years. Judge Roseanne Park said that Lu Han posed no danger to society and was therefore allowed to sit his sentence in house arrest.”

Judge Roseanne Park told the press later that afternoon that Lu Han’s case is just the beginning for a much larger problem that is on the rise.

“Cases like Lu Han’s are less about causing a destruction and more about making a statement.” The judge said. “We are on the verge of a revolution. Society is changing and unless we start conforming to it, we are putting ourselves at war with one another.”

 

a/n: the real truth behind everything will be revealed in next week's updates. Next week will be the last as this story draws to a close. I sincerely thank everyone for their continuous love and support. Your love is what drives this story, although I am eager to hear what you guys think of my story! Please do leave comments and upvote this story to show your love! All of this means so much to me, thank you all!!