Day 35 to Uprising

Uprising

               "Are we seriously just going to sit here and pretend nothing happen between us?"

               "I'd rather not discuss it." Luhan said, extracting the syringe from Sehun's arm. It has been a few days since he ran down to Sehun's cell, snuck in (if you could call it sneaking in when the guard wasn't paying attention) and cried in his chest. Luhan was mortified, embarrassed and confused that it all happened. He really would not discuss it at all.

               "Why? Are you embarrassed?" Sehun reached for a small cotton pad to cover the tiny injection wound that was made.

               "Yes." Luhan made a fuss over his syringes and medical equipment. He was extracting blood samples from each member to do an analysis.

               "Why?"

              "Sehun, stop asking."

              "It's me isn't it?" Sehun asked. "I do this all the time. I always screw up with the person I like."

              "It's not your...what do you mean the person you like?" Luhan looked up.

              Sehun shrugged sadly. "I'm no good in flirting. Usually people are more turned off than ."

              "Trust me Sehun it's nothing to do with you. It's just..."

               "What? What is it?" Sehun asked, holding Luhan's elbow.

               "I didn't want to do that in front of you. You know, cry my eyes out." Luhan shook his head. "That was not meant to happen. I don't usually get so emotional but I..."

                "It's this job isn't it? It's starting to take it's toll."

                "There's just so many things here that I can't quite comprehend." Luhan sighed, bringing his hands to shield his arms, as if the room's temperature just dropped. "There's a small boy named Jisung. I just saw him go through an operation where his eyes were replaced and his legs and...and...he was just..."

                "He was a child."

                 "Yes."

                "I had my first operation when I was 13." Sehun said. "It was to fix my teeth."

                 "What was wrong with them?"

                 "They weren't straight, and I had pretty bad lisp as a child, so they made me undergo speech therapy." Sehun sat down and pulled Luhan down with him. "Knocked out like a light with that anaesthesia."

                 "And you agree with the procedure?"

                 "I suppose. All I wanted was to be given the chance to debut. The chance to perform. They told me if I did what they said, I would debut. Chances are they told Jisung the same thing."

                 "They did."

                 "Luhan, what happened to Jaehyun and Doyoung was not your fault." Sehun said. "They weren't injured, just terribly confused for a bit. No one knows what happened except you, me and them. You didn't plan to hurt them on purpose."

                 "It's just scary." Luhan wiped a small tear from the corner of his eyes. "And I was so embarrassed that I just felt so vulnerable that I came to you..."

                 "Are you ashamed of coming to me?"

                 "No no! In fact..." Luhan smiled a little at Sehun. "You made me feel better."

                "Comfort comes in strange ways don't they?" Sehun leaned back, smiling widely to show his teeth that were surgically perfect and Luhan took the time to admire his whole face. It was perfect, exactly how S.M.E wanted it to be. How could someone so beautiful also be so nice? It must be a crime to be this perfect.

                “You didn’t think someone like me could make you smile again can they?”

                “I didn’t think anyone could make me smile. Period.”

                “Okay Luhan! Time’s up!” Jungkook called, knocking Sehun’s door. Luhan sighed as he packed his stuff, preparing to leave. Sehun helped him carry his things before smiling.

                “I wish you could come down to see me again.”

                “I’m not sure if I should be doing this.”

                “Why not? I thought we were friends.” The hurt in Sehun’s voice was very real.

                “We are.”

                “Then please come.” Sehun held Luhan’s hand tightly. “I really do want to see you again.”

                “Come on! Let’s go!” Jungkook called again.

                “I have to go.” Luhan took his things and closed the door from behind him. Sehun watched Luhan leave, the shape of his back imprinted in his mind. He could only hope Luhan does return.

*********************

                “You’re lucky we’re friends.” Luhan told him later that night, when he snuck back in to Sehun’s cell. Jungkook had a habit of watching late night TV with the volume turned up so loudly the walls vibrated. Good for Luhan, because that meant no one heard him enter or leave.

                “Did you tell the other members about me coming to see you?”

                “No, not at all.” The lights were off in the cell, to make it seem as if Sehun was asleep. Both boys sat on Sehun’s bed, the sheets pulled up over their legs.

                “I feel like a kid again.” Luhan snickered. “Late night talks with your best friend under the covers.”

                “We did that all the time in the dorms.” Sehun laughed. “Jongin and I used to chat all night about our dreams, the crazy stunts we pulled on the hyungs.”

                “It must be nice to have friends like that. Debuting together and all.”

                “Yeah. He’s a great dancer you know.” Sehun sniffed. “Now he can’t dance anymore. Not the way he used to at least.”

                “Because of the…”

                “Yeah.” A moment of silence passed between them. A quiet so deep and heavy Luhan could hear his own heart pound.

                “You know something Luhan?”

                “Yeah.”

                “I blame myself.” Sehun admitted. “For bringing my hyungs into this. For causing him so much pain. Jongin can’t dance. Baekhyun hyung and Kyungsoo hyung were badly injured. We’re all trapped down here.”

                “Sehun.” Luhan didn’t know what to say. Suddenly Sehun’s name was all he could say.

                “If there really is a way out of this, will you promise me that you will save them first instead of me?”

                “But what about you?”

                “I’m the invincible Oh Sehun.” He joked. “I can do anything.” He laughed loudly, but Luhan knew he was trying to make light of the situation.

                “Okay. I promise.” Luhan nodded, scooting closer to Sehun.

                “Thanks.” Sehun mumbled, pulling the sheets up his body a little more. “God this topic is morbid.”

                “You started it.”

                “Did not! You started it!”

                “Did not!”

                “Let’s change the subject okay?” Sehun paused for a bit, his finger on his chin. “What do you think about cows?”

                Luhan laughed, and he started talking about cows. They talked about all sorts that night, bodies pressed next to each other, hands slapping each other’s arms and sharing secrets so deep you could bury someone in it.

                Luhan was slowly, but surely, falling for him. And it was starting to be dangerous.

 

A/N: EXO won Artist of the Year at the recent MMA's and my heart broke into pieces when Baekhyun teared up during his speech. These boys are still so humble despite all their successes. Please vote for them for the MAMA awards! Let's give EXO another Daesang!