Day 60 after Uprising

Uprising

2 months after that fateful day, and the world seems to have quiet down from the havoc that was created, but according to Kris, the debates are still ongoing.

“World governments are up in arms about this.” Kris told Luhan over dinner. “My friend who is a councilman said that the UN is going to have a big meeting about this with all countries presidents and prime minister’s compulsory attendance.”

“That big huh?” Luhan said.

“Uh huh, and here you are.” Kris smirked a little. “The boy who created the tsunami.”

That term was phrased by the media whenever Luhan’s name came up. He was regarded as the unsung hero, the hidden warrior, the messenger and many other names that shouldn’t even be connected with him, in Luhan’s opinion.

All I did was just to rescue the one I loved.

Luhan never heard from Jessica after that day. She sent him a lawyer, who under his strong debate was able to lighten Luhan’s sentence to 2 years with an ankle monitor and after that nothing. Zitao, a now full time member of the Uprising visited from time to time, although Luhan was convinced that Zitao actually came more often that he noticed, just to spend time with Kris of course.

Zitao told him Jisung was alive, and so were the other N.C.T. members. They were taken to the rehabilitation facility with E.X.O., and seemed to be recuperating well. Jisung sent him a card through Zitao, that enclosed a photo of him in the facility. He was playing badminton with Chenle, smiling in the photo. Jaehyun and Doyoung are now working in the facility as therapists and Taeyong was also recovering nicely.

Like a normal person.

Professor Kim never made it out alive. His remains were found and he was buried in a nearby graveyard, where Luhan made his first visit a few days ago.

Here lies

Professor Kim Taehyung

The world doesn’t need soldiers to protect it, it needs people like you.

There can’t be much for the world now since Luhan is under arrest. He laid down fresh flowers by his grave and tipped his head in silence. Professor Kim risked his life for him, and he was forever grateful to the man who gave him a second chance. A chance to make a difference.

Luhan wasn’t quite sure what happened to the serum he gave Sehun before he dashed back into the building. Zitao said they used it but did they make copies of it? Were they able to? It wouldn’t surprise Luhan if they did, because Uprising now has some of the most talented scientists working under them now. Zitao said a lot of his former colleagues have started working there.

S.M.E.. The world’s largest entertainment company, burned to a crisp and destroyed by a boy.

Some nights Luhan could feel like someone was watching him. As if a guardian angel was protecting him.

If there was someone he knew exactly who it would be. The same person who risked his life to pull him out from a fire.

He was lying when he said he didn’t know. Of course he knew, how could anyone forget a face like that?

“Sehun.” Luhan breathed as he opened a window and the handsome former idol stepped into Luhan’s room. It was past midnight and the only light in that room was the moon outside, shining into Luhan’s room. Sehun looked absolutely beautiful.

“Waiting up for me?” he teased.

“I was getting tired of pretending I didn’t know you were watching me at night.”

“I needed to know you were okay.” Sehun took Luhan’s hands in his. “Does that make me sound creepy?”

“No, for some reason I sleep better knowing you are here.” Luhan smiled. “It’s like having a bodyguard.”

“Or a guardian angel.” Sehun grinned, showing all his teeth and it turned into an adorable gummy smile. Luhan couldn’t help but smile back, feeling Sehun’s arms entangle around his waist.

“I miss you.”

“I miss you too. I wish you could come to the facility and see us all. We are making tremendous progress.”

“No more fits?”

“Only at the thought of being away from you.”

“Cheeky.” Luhan swatted his chest playfully. “So what happens afterwards?”

“I don’t know.” Sehun shrugged. “We were given the option of leaving and staying.”

“What have you decided?”

“I haven’t. All I know is wherever you go, I’ll go.” Sehun pressed their foreheads together. “I just want to be with you Luhan.”

“I know.” Luhan teased, poking his tongue out.

“I still can’t believe you took the blame for us.”

“I had to. I don’t want them finding you.”

“Well it doesn’t seem like anyone will.” Sehun laughed. “Unless you spill the beans.”

“I won’t say a word.” Luhan shook his head. “When will we get to be together again?”

“Every night from now on.” Sehun said. “I will come every night just for you, and until the day you are free, only the moon shall bear witness to our moments together.”

“So poetic,” Luhan giggled. “Been reading lately?”

“I had to do something.”

“Well, you’re here. What do you want to do now?”

“This.”

Sehun took Luhan’s lips with his, arms around his waist, feeling the warmth of the body that gave him life.

 

A/N: TRIPLE UPDATES!!