Day 15 to Uprising

Uprising

          For once, Luhan thought that he might actually be wrong.

          He almost peed in his pants as they came to the exit checkpoint of the S.M.E. compound. Jaehyun and Doyoung were with him, carrying backpacks and a luggage bag each. The security officer opposite them had a poker face rivalling that of a supreme court justice.

          “What’s your reason for leaving the premises?”

          “Scientific excursion. We have the pass.” Luhan handed over his tablet, showing a forged permission pass to exit the premise. Luhan had spent the night before carefully planning his escape. He hacked into the security framework and found passes that he could change and tweak to give them access. He was so careful, but not careful enough to anticipate an actual human officer checking them before their “trip”.

           Jaehyun and Doyoung looked just fine, probably because Luhan didn’t tell them he was sneaking them out. The effects of Triple X were still at large, so thankfully they weren’t sweating or even shaking on their shoes like Luhan was because apparently, they don’t feel fear either.

           “I just need to run an ID scan on them.”

           “Okay.”

           Jaehyun sat behind a screen as a biometric scan was done on him. Luhan took his tablet back, turned around to pretend he was checking something. He pulled up a screen and ran a series of codes. The lights and numbers flashed before him as he held his breath tightly.

            Completed.

           “Next person please.”

           Luhan could have sworn he peed in his pants as he ran the second code.

            Completed.

           “Seems like everything is in order.”

           “Of course it is.” Luhan nodded as the officer typed into his computer and the access gate opened. Luhan took Jaehyun and Doyoung’s arm in each hand as he walked them across the gate and into the world outside of S.M.E.

           “Wow.” Doyoung breathed.

          “What?” Luhan asked.

          “I haven’t been out here in a long time.”

           Luhan smiled at him. “Welcome to the real world.”

***********************

           “I just want you to know that I hold you completely responsible for this if anything happens.”

           “I know Kris.” Luhan rolled his eyes. “Will you stop nagging me? This will work. It’s going to be fine.”

           “Your boss doesn’t know anything about this, does he?”

           “No, and he’s not going to find out if you don’t say anything. Not even to Zitao.”

           “Fine.” Kris sighed, waving his hands in the air. Dr. Wang, the anaesthesiologist that Kris promised was now conducting a brief checkup before putting both boys to sleep. Luhan prepared small vials of his serum with a syringe on standby. As calm as he tried to appear, he was really shaking violently like a bobble-head doll.

           Finally, after months of research, my serum can undergo the final testing.

           “Any last words to say to them before I put them to sleep?” Dr. Wang called from the guest room. Luhan raised his hand and went in, carrying his tray of vials and syringes with him. The guest room was decked out to resemble a hospital. Two beds and two anaesthesia equipment nearby. Dr. Wang would come by every day to ensure the equipment was functioning perfectly, and if Luhan’s estimations were correct, by the 3rd day they would be off the equipment, and when they wake up they would be normal again.

           Hopefully.

           “Are you two ready?” Luhan asked.

           “Yes.” Jaehyun nodded.

           “Yes.”

           “I just want to say thank you.” Luhan took each of their hands in his. “I couldn’t have made it this far without the two of you. We’re just one step away from success.”

           “We know.” Doyoung smiled a little. “We can’t wait.”

           “I just…um…” Luhan rubbed his head. “I just want to ask you something.”

           “Sure.”

           “You understand the risk we have with this experiment?”

           “Yes. We signed the forms and everything.”

           “Good, because even though I am confident of a success, you still never know.”

           “Yes.” It’s oddly calming to talk to the two of them about the possibility that they could die, because the only way someone would be afraid of death is if they lived. Which is why they don’t seem to be afraid.

          “Why would you still help me?”

          “Because there is a chance we may live after this.” Jaehyun said. “And if we don’t, that’s not so different than how we are now.”

          “We want to feel alive. This…this thing we have inside us. It kills us. We don’t feel alive. We don’t feel…human.” Doyoung continued.

          “But you could die before you even become human again.”

          “It’s better to die trying than to never have tried at all.”

           Luhan nodded, squeezing both hands a little tighter before sighing deeply. He looked at Dr. Wang and gave him a nod. Two minutes later, both equipment were and in a matter of minutes, Jaehyun and Doyoung fell in a deep, deep slumber.

          We want to feel alive.

          Suddenly, Luhan felt this insane amount of pressure building on his shoulders. It was his job to make them come to life again. And if they didn’t, he would never forgive himself.

          With a deep breath, he plunged the syringe into Doyoung’s arm.

***********************

          “You seem very distracted.” Sehun said, waving his hand in front of Luhan’s face when he came to see him that night. Luhan had been strangely quiet, his eyes wavering and dozing off every now and then.

          “Huh?”

          “Were you listening to me? I was talking about Chanyeol’s strange bedroom .”

          “Oh, I’m sorry.” Luhan shook his head. “I was just thinking about something.”

          “What?”

          “You’re not going to believe me if I tell you.”

          “You know who else said that?” Sehun grinned. “Kai when Kyungsoo agreed to go out with him.”

          “I’m serious.” Luhan sighed. “It’s kind of insane.”

          “It can’t get any more insane than this.” Sehun looked around. “Just tell me.”

          “I have just invented something to reverse the effects of Triple X.”

          “Holy .”

         “Exactly. And…in two weeks…” Luhan sighed. “You and I are getting out of here.”

 

A/N: I have been working on the ending and let's just say it isn't necessarily what you guys would expect XD But then again I am the self-proclaimed queen of twists so do prepared to be surprised