FILE #8

Uprising

Note: Below details a correspondence between Professor Kim Taehyung and Dr Huang Zitao after the board meeting regarding E.X.O.

 

PERSONAL MESSAGE: S.M.E SYSTEM

PARTICIPANTS: PROFESSOR KIM TAEHYUNG, HEAD OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT

                                DR HUANG ZITAO, RESEARCH LEADER

DATE: 18/12/43

TIMESTAMP: 13:35

 

KIM: Zitao?

HUANG: Here boss.

KIM: I just came back from the board meeting and you will be pleased to hear that you get to keep your job.

HUANG: Am I supposed to say thank you? Because you threw me in front of the ing firing squad when this was also YOUR idea.

KIM: Sarcasm ill befits you my dear Zitao

HUANG: And common sense seems to have missed you when you were born.

KIM: Watch your tongue young man. I am still your boss and just because you keep your job doesn’t mean I can’t make it miserable.

HUANG: Right. My apologies.

KIM: I’m hoping you have been working on some sort of serum to cure E.X.O.

HUANG: I have, but it’s not that easy. Their hormone and stress levels are through the roof. Many of the researchers are terrified of even going to get samples from there. The medic squad has to chain them to their beds.

KIM:  So I have heard.

HUANG: It’s not that easy. I need time.

KIM: You’re on a timer here Zitao. The board is giving us only 30 days to come up with a credible solution or else we will have to go with their decision.

HUANG: Their decision on what? Jesus ing Christ don’t tell me…

KIM: I can’t hide anything from them. They have eyes and ears all over the place.

HUANG: Why didn’t you insist that we will handle it?! This is clearly our mess so we should be the ones to clean it up, so to speak.

KIM: You think I didn’t try persuading them? You try sitting in a room full of old people who own more money than world governments peering at you through their expensive Chanel sunglasses.

HUANG: What did they decide?

KIM: The board’s intention is to lock them up until further notice. It seems HQ is also putting out a PR team to cover our tracks and swallow this up with some other piece of news.

HUANG: Locking them up would not solve anything. Besides, where are we going to lock them up? Jail?

KIM: No, apparently, we have some sort of secret holding facility that was used to store classified materials. HQ says we can empty them out into a makeshift detention centre of some sort.

HUANG: I don’t see how-

KIM: Listen, what they did was cause a riot. A ing riot with more than a hundred casualties. The company is losing money to compensate the victims, members of the press and even the venue they burnt down. Do you not see the catastrophe that has happened?

HUANG: Sir…

KIM: Someone needs to be held responsible. Government wants action. Even if we find a cure the boys would still be subjected to criminal punishment. Do you want to send them to a prison far outside the city where they could be mistreated or mixed in with some other thugs or do you want them near and close to you?

HUANG:

KIM: I guess you would prefer the second option, considering how close you are with one of the members.

HUANG:

KIM: Didn’t think I would find out, did you?

HUANG: I don’t know what you are talking about.

KIM: I told you, there are eyes and ears all over this place. You better straighten up and fly right or do you want everyone else to know that E.X.O, the greatest project that S.M.E has ever attempted is to be terminated because of YOU? Because of a reckless night with alcohol?

HUANG: You. Don’t. Know. Anything.

KIM: I know enough to hold you more than responsible for this. If I were the board, you wouldn’t even be alive to sit on your pretty messaging me right now, so you better cut out the threats and start behaving. Capiche?

HUANG: Yes sir.

KIM: I expect full cooperation from you Dr Huang. You are a genius researcher but terribly reckless. You are given a second chance at redemption here, so either you and your team come up with a plan in 30 days, or the boys are locked up.

HUANG: Yes sir.

 

A/N: This update is a day late but yesterday was technically still New Year hahahahaha anyhow I'm back on track now so thank you for sticking around even into the new year! I wouldn;t be here without you guys!