Present Day

Uprising

A/N: Once again! Double updates!

 

“When I woke up, I was in the hospital.” Luhan said. “Kris had been waiting for me to wake up. Apparently I was knocked out for 3 days.”

“Yes, according to your medical files.” Jessi opened them and read from it. “Severed concussion and asphyxiation. You were lucky to be alive.”

“I know.”

“Do you know who saved you?”

“Fire fighters?”

“That was afterwards. They found you lying on the pavement outside, unconscious. Someone pulled you out from the rubble.”

“Guardian angel perhaps.” Luhan shrugged.

“You’re not curious as to who would sacrifice their life for you?”

“Nope. I’m alive and that’s all that matters.”

Jessi sighed as she opened the files before her. “Source of arson was caused by an explosive placed in one of the central computers that burnt the computer room. An explosive placed in the device you installed.”

“Yes.”

“So, what happened to the Uprising?”

“What are you talking about? You’re looking at him.”

“Are you saying that you did this alone?” Jessi eyed him. “You are saying you planned to burn down S.M.E that resulted in 3 casualties and 2.3 million USD worth in damages and years of database wiped out in an instant?”

“Just 3 casualties? Wow that’s a record.”

“Those 3 casualties are innocent Luhan.” Jessi said, slamming the file back down on the table.

“You couldn’t have done this alone. There are questions left answered. What happened to E.X.O.? Your boss, Zitao?”

“I have no clue.”

“So everyone you worked with in S.M.E. disappeared?”

“I don’t know.”

“Luhan,” Jessi rubbed her temples. “Do you understand what you are confessing to? This would incarcerate you for the rest of your life. Life sentence with no parole. Your future is destroyed now.”

“You mean the government is going to pay to lock me up and feed me three times a day and provide me a place to sleep for the rest of my life?” Luhan sniggered. “I’m not complaining.”

“Listen Luhan. I need names. Who are the leaders of the Uprising?”

“I keep telling you I am the Uprising!!” Luhan yelled.

“Excuse me Miss Ho.” A man burst into the room, wearing a neat suit with a briefcase in his hand. “My client shall answer no more questions from here on now.”

“Who the are you?”

“My name is Kim Jaejoong, Luhan’s lawyer and my client has answered all that he can. There will be no more questions from now on.”

Luhan almost smiled when he saw Jessi’s veins on her neck. She grabbed her files and sighed, leaving the room in a hurry.

“I didn’t call for a lawyer.” Luhan said, looking at the man.

“Not you.” Jaejoong slipped a piece of paper into Luhan’s hand.

I hope you find him useful. From, Jessica.