Prologue

Uprising

                “Chief, are you sure about this?”

                “There’s no harm in trying.” Chief Inspector Kim Namjoon twirled his pen as he sat down in his chair. He looked up at the assistant hovering over him. “Is he here yet?”

                “In any minute…”

                There was a knock on the door and the assistant opened it, revealing a slender woman in a trench coat with glasses perched on her nose. She had dark hair and tan skin, and from her strides you can tell she was a professional at her work.

                “Chief Inspector Kim Namjoon?”

                “Jessi Ho,” he stood up and shook her hand. “It’s not every day we are graced with the presence of the nation’s best interrogator.”

                “You flatter me.” Jessi placed her suitcase down and removed her trench coat. She looked inside the glass cubicle next to them. “Is that him?” she asked, looking at the man sitting inside.

                “Yes.”

                “He looks young.”

                “You’re right.”

                “Of course I am.” Jessi was handed a case file and with one quick check in the mirror, she stepped into the cubicle. The man sitting at the table with his head down looked up briefly, and Jessi was slightly taken aback. He looks nothing like a criminal.

                “Hello Mr. Luhan.” She greeted him.

                “It’s Mr. Lu. Han is my name; Lu is my surname.”

                “Of course. My apologies Mr. Lu.” Jessi nodded, opening the files before her. “You do know why we are here today?”

                “Yes I do.”

                “And what we want from you?”

                “Yes I do.”

                “Is there anything you would like to say before we begin?”

                Luhan took a deep breath. He shut his eyes, and his hands clamped together.

                “My name is Luhan. I am the Uprising.”

 

 

A/N: A small teaser to show you what I have been working on! Let me know what you think!