04

Moving On.

 

The alarm clock rang again & Jooyeon extended her arm to turn it off. She sat up straight, still half asleep.
 
Kevin on the other hand, woke up on his own & stood up, half awake.
 
The 2 got out of the rooms at the same time. Jooyeon, who was still rubbing her eyes walked forward as well as Kevin, who was circling his head with his eyes closed. They bumped into each other but only passed, like nothing happened.
 
They stopped upon realizing that they had bumped into something.
 
Jooyeon stopped rubbing her eyes & blinked it while Kevin widely opened his eyes.
 
They turned around at the same time, 'YAH! WHO ARE YOU?!'
- - - - - - -
Kevin was seating on the couch with his arms crossed while Jooyeon was standing beside the landlord.
 
'Ah. Hehe. I'm sorry I forgot to...' The landlord said rubbing the back of his neck.
 
'Why didn't you tell me earlier?' Jooyeon said.
 
'Because, you've been depressed this past few weeks. How can I tell you to move out with that kind of state' The landlord explained.
 
'Ahjusshi...' Jooyeon started to tear up.
 
'M- mianhe. I- I don't mean to...' The land lord was shocked to see Jooyeon tearing up.
 
'Aniyo Ahjusshi. Gwenchana. I'm gonna pack my things now' Jooyeon left & went in her room.
 
Kevin gave the landlord a clueless face. The landlord shrugged his shoulders.
 
'You may go. Thank You' Kevin stood up & the landlord left.
 
'Hello? Jonghyun? Tell boss, i'll be late. Gomawo' Jooyeon called Jonghyun.
 
'You know, you can stay here' Kevin said leaning on the door w/ his hands on the pocket.
 
'I don't want to live w/ a complete stranger' Jooyeon gave him a weak smile.
 
'Hello, my name is Kevin Woo. 23yrs old. I left America due to some reasons & it's my first time in Korea' He introduced himself in English.
 
'Bwo?! I don't understand' She complained in Korean.
 
Kevin introduced himself in Korean, 'Now. I'm not a COMPLETE stranger to you anymore'
 
'Even though' Jooyeon murmured.
 
'Ts. Tell me, where are you gonna stay?' Kevin asked.
 
'Um.. Um..' Jooyeon tried to think hard. She can't stay at Nana's place because all of her family members lives in one house.
 
'See. I don't want to be the reason of one being homeless' Kevin shrugged his shoulders.
 
Jooyeon glared at him *What a show off*”
 
'Plus, I need someone to help me with chores & learning Korea..' Kevin added.
 
Jooyeon didn't mind him.
 
'Ok. What about this? You can live here free & you can stay whenever you want, BUT! You have to help me learn about Korea' Kevin said.
 
'About Korea??' Jooyeon asked.
 
'History, Geography, Culture, Tradition, Language, etc' Kevin explained.
 
Jooyeon nodded, 'What about chores? I'm working'
 
'Well, I'll be the maid in the morning while you, in the evening' Kevin said.
 
Jooyeon was thinking about the deal.
 
'So, you accept it?' Kevin asked.
 
Jooyeon stood up & walked towards him, 'DEAL' She offered a hand.
 
Kevin shrugged, took Jooyeon's hand & shook it.
- - - - -
'Aish! Where is she?? JONGHYUN! Did she called again?' Nana asked, looking at her watch.
 
'Aniyo' Jonghyun answered while punching the customer's orders.
 
Jooyeon entered the cafe, running.
 
'SORRY! I'M LATE' She shouted while running.
 
'Yah! What happened? Why are you late?' Nana offered water to Jooyeon.
 
Jooyeon thought for a moment 'Ah.. Woke up late &.. TRAFFIC!' It was the best excuse that she can ever think of.
 
'Ow.. I see' Nana slowly nodded her head.
 
'Ah Right! What time are we going to meet Bekah?' Jooyeon was putting her apron on.
 
'Molla. She only told me that she'll meet us' Nana pouted her lower lip.
 
'Are you talking about me? Huh?' A voice suddenly said.
 
2 girls turned around & saw Bekah over the counter smiling, 'BEKAH!'
- - - - - -
'Thank You!' Bekah bowed her head while Jonghyun gave her coffee.
 
'Yah! Why didn't you tell us that you're going to visit at this time?' Jooyeon asked.
 
'I wanted to surprise you. I guess it worked' Bekah said after sipping some of her coffee.
 
'We missed you' Nana smiled.
 
'Me too' Bekah looked at Jooyeon & Nana.
 
'How's America? Auntie? Uncle?' Jooyeon asked excitingly.
 
'Haha! They're fine. Don't worry' Bekah chukled, 'You? How are you 2? How's Eli? Where is he? How are you 2 doing?'
 
Nana looked at Jooyeon who only lowered her head.
 
'Uhm.. I'm sorry but why?..' Bekah became clueless.
 
'Mianhe, but I have to go back & help Jonghyun. I'm already late for work. I need to start now. Mianhe Bekah- ah. We can talk next time. Welcome back' Jooyeon bowed & held her tears.
 
'Y- yah. Jooyeonnie!' Bekah called while Jooyeon ran to the staff room.
 
'What happened?' Bekah asked Nana.
 
'Bekah, t- they broke up' Nana explained.
 
'BWO?!' Bekah shouted & all of the customers looked at her. She bowed many times & gave them a fake smile.
 
'Bwo?!' She asked Nana again w/ a lower voice.
 
'They broke up.. last 2 weeks.. to be exact' Nana explained.
 
'Wae?' Bekah asked again.
- - - - - -
'Aigoo~ Nothing to do' Kevin bended to see what's on the fridge
 
'Nothing's here too' Kevin closed the fridge & sighed.
 
He got his laptop & turned it on, once it was open he saw the wallpaper & touched the screen.
 
*How are you? Are you eating well?* Kevin thought.
 
His thoughts were cut when someone video- called him on skype. He fixed his hair & answered it.
 
'Hello! Ma, can you see me?' Kevin started to talk in English.
 
'Ne. How are you did you get there safetly? How about our condo there? Is the boarder taking care of it?' His mom asked.
 
'Yes. Yes, I did & yep, the condo is doing good. It is well taken care of' Kevin smiled.
 
'Have you bought your phone already?' His mom asked.
 
'Ah Bakta! I forgot. Hehe! Maybe I'll buy one later, i'll just e-mail my # to you' Kevin said.
 
'Arasso. I'll wait for it. I need to rest now' His mom said 'And by the way, look for a job. Ok?'
 
'Yes. I will. Good Night Ma. Loveyou!' Kevin waved his hand.
 
Then the skype disappeared.
- - - - -
'I'm back' Jooyeon said, changing her shoes but stopped by Kevin.
 
'Ah! You're just in time. I need your help' Kevin grabbed Jooyeon's wrist.
 
'Ah! Ah! Wae?' Jooyeon tried to let go.
 
'Help me to buy a handy phone' Kevin dragged her outside.
 
'Arasso, arasso. I'll go with you. You can let go now' Jooyeon said.
 
Kevin removed his hand while Jooyeon rubbed it.
 
'M- mianhe. Kaja! The mall might close soon' Kevin said & started to walk.
 
Jooyeon sighed, fixed her shoulder bag & followed Kevin.
 
When they were in the elevator, the atmosphere was awkward & no one was talking. Jooyeon scratched her neck while Kevin cleared his throat.
 
*Ting* The elevator door opens upon reaching the 1st floor. Kevin got out first & Jooyeon followed.
 
When they got out from the building, Bekah's taxi was getting nearer to the  building.
 
'Oh! Isn't that Kevin?' She saw Kevin got out from the building, flagged a taxi & went in.
 
'Oh! Jooyeon- ah!' She then saw Jooyeon going out from the building & rode the same taxi w/ Kevin.
 
'W-wae? They know each other?' Bekah whispered & the taxi in front of them started to drive off.
 
'Excuse Me, but can you follow that cab please?' Bekah pointed Jooyeon & Kevin's cab.
- - - - -
'We're here' Jooyeon said getting out from the cab.
 
Kevin paid before going out. He looked at the mall & the cab went off.
 
'Follow me' Jooyeon instructed & got inside the mall.
 
The 2 went to a phone store & looked to buy one. Jooyeon looked around, letting Kevin to choose by himself.
 
Kevin seemed to have a hard time picking so he asked some help from the worker.
 
'Ah. Excuse me, but can you please help me to pick' Kevin asked.
 
'Sure? What type do you want to have? Touch/ Type?' The girl staff became clingy & moved closer to him.
 
*T.R.Y Do It Now! Can You follow me. Ye-* Jooyeon answered her phone.
 
'Hello! Bekah? O! I'm at a cellphone shop' Jooyeon turned to Kevin & saw the staff squealing silently while Kevin was busy looking at the phone models.
 
'I'm sorry but I have to hang up. Bye!' Jooyeon ended the call & giggled at what she's seing.
 
'O! I want to have a phone like her. So that we can have a couple phone' Kevin faced the staff.
 
'L- like who?' The staff stopped from squealing as well as Jooyeon from giggling.
 
Kevin turned his direction to Jooyeon & pointed her, 'Her. My Girlfriend'
 
Jooyeon eyes widen & pointed herself, 'Me?'
 
Kevin walked to her & held her shoulders, 'Ne'
 
'I want this model too. Thank You' Kevin got Jooyeon's phone from her hands & gave it to the staff.
 
'Ah. Ne. We'll be preparing them for you. Please follow me & wait' The staff said.
 
'Here it is Sir. It's all ready. Here's your #' The staff handed the phones to them.
 
'Arasso. Here's the payment. Gomawo' Kevin handed her the payment.
 
'Jagi~ What's your #?' Kevin gave his phone to Jooyeon.
 
Jooyeon sighed & rolled her eyes. She got the phone & punched her #.
 
'SAVED! You see this? I named you, Jagiya <3' Kevin said.
 
'Arasso. That's all. Thank You' Kevin held Jooyeon's hand w/ his left hand while the right was holding the paper bag.
 
Once they got out the store, Jooyeon removed her hands & started to shout at Kevin.
 
'YAH! BWO- YAH?! YEOJACHINGU?! JAGIYA?!' Jooyeon shouted & the people started to look & pause at them.
 
'Y- yah! Keep your voice down! Ssh! Ssh!' Kevin started to panick.
 
'Yah! YOU- mmm' Jooyeon shouted but stopped by Kevin's kiss.
 
After 5sec. Kevin pulled out & hugged Jooyeon.
 
'Yah. Mian but I only did because the girl was so clingy a while ago' Kevin whispered while Jooyeon was still shocked & still w/ her eyes wide open.
 
Kevin broke the hug & the people started to continue to walk again.
 
'Kaja!' Kevin said grabbing Jooyeon's wrist.
 
Kevin & Jooyeon stopped once they saw Bekah standing in front of them.
 
'Jooyeon- ah' Bekah said looking at Jooyeon, shocked & Kevin looked at her.
 
'Bekah..' Jooyeon said & pulled her hand from Kevin's grip.
 
Kevin looked at the two & was confused.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[A/N] BABABA! Here's another update. It's longer than the usual though.