17

Moving On.

 

'Jooyeon- ah, gwenchana?' Nana asked.
 
'Eh?' Jooyeon finally came back to her senses.
 
'Is something wrong?' Nana worriedly asked.
 
'N- nothing' She shook her head.
 
'Oh come on, are you really gonna hide something from me?' Nana said.
 
'I- it's just.. Kevin' Jooyeon started, 'I don't know what am I to him right now'
 
'And what does that mean?' Nana got confused.
 
'I.. Well.. He kissed me yesterday & when we got home, his ex suddenly showed up asking him to marry. He should've said no if we're official' Jooyeon explained.
 
'Why? Did he say yes?' Nana gasped.
 
'N- no.. He's still thinking about it' Jooyeon sighed.
 
'WHAT?!' She almost shouted, 'I can't believe him'
 
'Well.. Let's not blame him.. Maybe.. He just got shocked?' Jooyeon shrugged.
 
'On what part? Kissing you? Or seeing his ex again?' Nana crossed her arms.
 
'That.. I.. don't know' Jooyeon shook her head & looked on the ground.
 
'Tss. Sometimes, you really can't understand men' Nana scoffed.
- - -
Kevin got up from his bed & looked at the time, *Shoot! It's already 9:30! Breakfast! Jooyeon!*
 
He hurriedly got out from his room & ran to the kitchen. He stopped when he saw a note on the table.
 
*Had my breakfast. Made one for you too. Don't skip breakfast ok? :) -Joo*
 
He smiled after reading the note. He sat down & ate the breakfast Jooyeon made for him.
 
After eating, the door bell rang & Kevin got up to get it. When Kevin opened the door, he saw a man standing. 
 
The man was shocked upon seeing Kevin, instead, he bowed & said sorry, after that he left.
 
Kevin closed the door & tilted his head to the side, 'Weird'
 
Then he remembered his work, today is his day off but he didn't attend yesterday so he thought of paying it by working today, 'Ah! I have to text Minhyuk that I'll work today but I'll be late'
 
He rushed to his room & texted Minhyuk. After cleaning the dishes, taking a bath & dressing up, he left the condo.
 
When leaving the building, he saw Lizzy waiting for him at the lobby. He sighed & tried to avoid her but she saw him & called him ahead of time.
 
'Kevin!' Lizzy called out.
 
Kevin rolled his eyes & continued to walk out of the building but he was stopped by her.
 
'Now what do you want?' Kevin asked, slightly irritated.
 
'What's your decision?' Lizzy asked.
 
'Do you think I can think about that overnight?' He scoffed, 'What are you asking from me.. is not easy'
 
'It is easy if you still love me & if you really want to fight for our relationship' She held his arm.
 
'I'm sorry Lizzy, but I really can't answer you this time. Give me more time to think about it' He removed her hands, 'I have to go. I still have work and I'm already late. If you excuse me..'
 
She gave way for Kevin & he left the building leaving her.
- - - -
'Miss, can I have a iced coffee?' A man ordered.
 
Jooyeon turned around & punched his order without looking at him.
 
'2000 Won Sir' She said, still busy punching his orders.
 
The man extended his arm & paid for the coffee, when Jooyeon was about to give the receipt, she gasped.
 
'Thank You sir. Please wait & take a-' She gasped, 'Eli..'
 
'Hello Jooyeonnie' He smiled at her.
-
'How are you?' Eli asked, they are now seating at the table set.
 
'Fine.. You?' Jooyeon nodded, 'And by the way, congratulations on your wedding. Wish you happiness, to the both of you'
 
'No.. And no, I'm not yet married' He shook his head.
 
'Why? Huh? I thought..' She asked.
 
'That's why I'm back. Because I promised one person that I'll be back' He explained.
 
'But I know, you told her that you'll only be gone for a month. And it's now 1 month & 2 weeks' She said.
 
'I'm only delayed for two weeks & I think, there's no change' He confidently said.
 
'There is' She raised a brow, 'The girl you made that promise to is now happy & she already decided to move on'
 
'What?! I am sorry' He looked down.
 
'It's ok, but what I wanted to ask, why? Why didn't you tell me ahead of time? I should've understand you & not make me wait for you like a fool for a month' She asked.
 
'I don't know.. I'm so confused that time, I don't know what to do. I'm afraid that you'll just get hurt' He breathed in deeply.
 
'Well Eli, whatever may the reason be, it will hurt me ofcourse. I loved you & that will hurt alot if you're going to break up' She then crossed her arms.
 
'Loved?' He asked.
 
'Yes.. Is there anything wrong?' She answered.
 
'N- none' He said.
 
'Ok then.. I have to go back to work' She stood up.
 
'No. Please take a seat, I still wanna talk to you & say something' He pleaded.
 
'Fine then' She shrugged & took a seat.
 
'Thank you' He gave a weak smile.
 
'No problem. Go on' She gestured her hand for him to continue.
 
'I now came back, aren't we suppose to get back together too?' He asked.
 
'Eli..' She said.
 
'I know.. but that's what our deal right?' He said.
 
'But you only said a month. I already decided to move on' She said.
 
'Please don't. Marry me' He held her two hands.
 
'What?! Eli..' She was shocked.
 
'Please' He begged.
 
'Can I think about it?' She asked.
 
'Well.. I see this coming.. Ok then, but I have to know the answer by Monday' He sighed.
 
'Ok..' She nodded her head & stood up, 'I have to.. get back to work'
 
'Wait, is your # the old one?' He too, stood up.
 
Jooyeon nodded & left. She proceeded to the staff room & locked all by herself. She leaned on the door & closed her eyes.
 
*Wae? Why are you back just now? Now that I've decided to move on. Why have you to ruin things?* She thought.
-
'Nana, where is Joo?' Kevin dropped by to the cafe first to see Jooyeon.
 
'Eh? Jooyeonnie? S- she's in the staff room & I don't think she's ok' She said.
 
'Why?' He raised his tone a little.
 
'You see that guy over there?' She nodded her head to Eli's direction making him to look back, 'That's Eli.. He's back'
 
'Her ex is back?!' He almost shouted.
 
Jooyeon went out of the staff room & Kevin walked fast to her & hugged her.
 
'Heard you're not ok' He whispered.
 
'Kevin..' She said, 'I-'
 
Someone pulled them from each other & Jooyeon's eyes grew wider when she saw Eli.
 
'WHAT'S HAPPENING & WHO ARE YOU?!' Eli shouted, making the customers to looked at them.
 
Jooyeon bowed & dragged the 2 men at the staff room.
 
'Now what is your problem?!' She scowled at Eli.
 
'Who is this guy & why was he hugging you awhile ago?!' He asked.
 
'He's my friend! Can't I be comforted by my friend?!' She said, 'And why are you mad anyways? As long as I can remember, you already broke up with me'
 
'What? That is stupid! I just proposed just now' He said, 'I'm your fiance now'
 
'Proposed? Fiance?' Kevin asked in a low voice.
 
'Kevin..' Jooyeon turned to him & looked at him with worry in the eyes.
 
'Yes. So please back off' He scowled at Kevin.
 
Kevin got out & ran off the cafe.
 
'SHUT UP ELI! I HAVEN'T SAID YES!' Jooyeon shouted & ran to catch Kevin.
 
'Kevin!' She shouted but he was too far away. She still continued to ran.
 
Eli on the other hand, was left alone on the staff room. Jonghyun barged in.
 
'Excuse me, but non- staffs are prohibited to enter this room. Please go out!' Jonghyun said.
 
Eli sighed & went out of the room.
 
'You just got Jooyeon into trouble. And if you don't want her to be fired, get out of this cafe now' Jonghyun warned him.
 
Eli have no choice & left the cafe.
 
'I've already called Bekah, she said she's on her way' Nana said, 'Agh! Why is this all happening right now?!'
 
'I don't know. Hope Jooyeon's fine' Jonghyun sighed.
 
'I know Jooyeon, she's strong. I know she's fine' Nana continously nodded her head.
 
After 5mins, Bekah arrived. Not too long, Jooyeon was back too.
 
'Drink water first' Jonghyun offered her a water.
 
'Thank you' She pantly said.
 
'Gwenchana?' Nana asked.
 
Jooyeon nodded & drank up straight the water.
 
'What happened & where were you?' Bekah asked.
 
Jooyeon told them everything what had happened during the festival up to now. They all gasped after hearing the story.
 
'Wow! I've missed a lot of things already' Bekah pouted, 'And what had happened is really complicated'
 
'I know. I don't know how long will this take. I hope it will end soon & to add, Kevin is mad at me' Jooyeon sighed.
 
'Then end it ASAP. Also straighten & clarify things with him' Bekah adviced.
 
'I will' She sighed.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
[A/N] Things are more getting complicated. Tsktsk. Is this the start of the end? Hmm. Stay tuned and found out! :))