18

Moving On.

 

 

Jooyeon got home & to her surprise, Kevin was already home watching TV.
 
'We need to talk' Jooyeon stood in front of him.
 
Kevin turned the TV off & looked at her. Jooyeon sighed & sat down beside him.
 
'Ok.. first of all.. Eli's not my fiance.. Yes, he proposed but I told him, I'll think about it' Jooyeon started.
 
Kevin just kept a straight.
 
'Say something' She shook him.
 
'Fine. If you don't want to talk, then I'll just stop this' She stood up but Kevin grabbed her hand.
 
Jooyeon looked at him irritated & swept his hand from hers. Kevin grabbed it again & pulled her making Jooyeon to fall in his lap. She tried to stand up but Kevin hugged her.
 
'Im sorry' He said.
 
'Aren't you mad?' Jooyeon asked.
 
'I am.. at myself' Kevin looks at Jooyeon in the eye, 'Mianhe. Sorry I didn't trust you. Sorry-'
 
'Ssh. It's ok' She piped him down with her index finger. (HELLO IDIOMS! HAHA! :D Pipe down means keep quiet/ to keep someone to be silent)
 
'Don't be. Ok? Let's just solve this problem together' She smiled at him.
 
'Ok' Kevin smiled back & leans Jooyeon's head to his shoulder.
- - - -
The next morning, Kevin walked Jooyeon to the cafe first, so he'll probably have to stay there for an hour & a half for him to get to work.
 
'Hey Kevin!' Nana waved at him.
 
'Hey Nana!' He waved back.
 
'You're so mean' Jooyeon pouted.
 
'Why?' She smirked.
 
'You didn't greet me but you greeted Kevin instead!' She beamed.
 
'HA- HA! That was so childish of you' She said.
 
'Enough of that. Guy bestfriend is jealous because he couldn't join you~' Jonghyun sang.
 
'Aww. Jonghyun-ah! Come here' Jooyeon hugged him.
 
'You ok now?' He pulled away.
 
'Yes' She gave a reassuring smile.
 
'Good. I'm just here, alright? Always keep that in mind' He patted her head & Jooyeon nodded.
 
Kevin coughed, getting jealous of the two.
 
'S- sorry' Jonghyun said. Kevin nodded & smiled at him.
 
'I'll be back. Ok? I'll just put my things in the locker. OK?' She said & excused herself.
 
Kevin glanced at the entrance & he saw Lizzy coming in, *Not again*
 
'Hi Miss. 1 cappuccino please. Thanks' Lizzy ordered.
 
Kevin was only standing beside her, hoping not for him to get noticed.
 
'3500 Won Ma'am' Nana said.
 
When Lizzy was about to get her money, she saw Kevin, 'K- Kevin..'
 
Kevin looked at her & bowed his head.
 
'Why are you here?' Lizzy asked.
 
'Ah Miss? 3500Won' Nana interrupted.
 
'Sorry. Here it is' Lizzy handed the money to  Nana.
 
'Why are you here?' Lizzy asked again.
 
'Isn't it obvious? Getting a morning coffee like you do' He answered.
 
'About the..' Lizzy started.
 
'I'm back~' Jooyeong sang while fixing her apron, she came to a stop when she saw Lizzy.
 
Lizzy & Kevin turned to her. Lizzy looked confused, 'Can we talk?'
 
Kevin looked back on her and nodded.
-
'I thought she was your assistant?' Lizzy asked.
 
'No.. She isn't. The real is, she is the one who has my heart now' Kevin explained.
 
Lizzy scoffed in disbelief, 'Ah! So she is the one who ruined everything?'
 
'No.. You're the one. She should've be my girl right now but you showed up & messed up everything. I don't want her to get hurt by your sudden presence, so I held back a little bit' He shook his head.
 
'Ok then Mr. Woo' She nodded her head, 'I'll take that as a no. Here'
 
Kevin looked at her then at the invitation which was Lizzy handed him. He took it & read it.
 
'You're invited to Kim Kyoung Jae & Park Sooyoung's wedding' He read it out loud.
 
'Kim Kyoung Jae?' He asked.
 
'My fiance. Hope you can come' She stood up & smirked.
 
Kevin also stood up & bowed at Lizzy, 'Thank you Lizzy'
 
'No problem. Well, I have to go' She bowed back.
 
'Ts. I've gone too for for this, do you think I would give up this easily? You're wrong Sang Hyun, you're wrong' She mumbled, grinning while walking out of the cafe.
 
Jooyeon went to talk to Kevin, 'What did she say?'
 
'Nothing. She already gave up & I told her that you're the one who's in here now' He held her hand & put it in his heart.
 
'Aish!' She pushed him slightly away, 'You have to go to work'
 
They laughed.
 
'Ok then' Kevin kissed her forehead, 'Bye!'
 
'Bye' She giggled & looked Kevin to walk away.
 
She sighed & shrugged her shoulders. She turned around to clean up the table which they used. She saw a white envelope & took it.
 
'What is this?' She mumbled to herself, she opened it & pulled the paper.
 
'Kim Kyoung.. hah!' She gasped, 'Kim Kyoung Jae.. Eli..' Tears started to form in her eyes.
 
Her hand in & the other holding the invitation, 'He told me that he's back because of me.. How come?? Don't tell me..'
 
'Jooyeon- ah! You ok?' Jonghyun noticed her.
 
She shook her head & showed the invitation to him, 'Kim Kyoung.. Isn't this.. Eli?'
 
Jooyeon nodded her head & tears were now flowing from her eyes.
 
'Ssh. Don't cry' He hugged her but quickly pulled away. 'Go to the staff room, I'll take care of this'
 
'Gomawo' Jooyeon wiped her tears & walked away.
 
After cleaning, Jonghyun approached Nana & told her everything.
 
'Is she alright now?' Nana asked.
 
'I don't think so.. Let's leave her alone first' Jonghyun said.
 
Nana nodded. She sighed heavily, worrying about her bestfriend.
- - - -
Jooyeon had a bad day, she didn't bother to ruin Kevin's day so she decided not to tell him today. She was waiting for the elevator, then someone tapped her on her shoulder.
 
'Yes?' She spun around, 'Lizzy...'
 
'If you're looking for Kevin, he's still at work.. Here's the-' She said.
 
'No. I came here to talk to you. Can I have a moment with you?' Lizzy cut Jooyeon out.
 
She was speechless & she just nodded her head.
-
'So.. heard you're the lucky girl' Lizzy started but Jooyeon lowered her head.
 
'You see.. I don't know what you did why did he change his heart all of a sudden?' She said.
 
'Do you love him?' Lizzy asked & Jooyeon nodded.
 
'Wow! I've never seen such a girl who can love a man within a month. Tell me, do you know him that much?' She started to intimidate her.
 
Jooyeon just lowered her head, because Lizzy's right. She loves Kevin but she doesn't know Kevin that much.
 
'Stop this stupidity & stay away from Kevin. Get it?' Lizzy warned before leaving Jooyeon.
 
Jooyeon started to cry heavily.
- - - -
Kevin got home but Jooyeon still wasn't home.
 
'Joo?' He the lights.
 
He got no answer. He looked for her in her room, but still she wasn't there.
 
'Where is she? She should've got home 2 hours ago' He got his phone & dialled her #.
 
No answer. He tried it again & again. Still, no answer. He gave up & texted her instead.
 
*Where are you?*
-
Jooyeon sighed upon reading Kevin's message.
 
'Mianhe Kevin.. Mianhe' She said on her way home.
 
When she was home, he heard Kevin talking to his room.
 
'No Mom. My decision's final, I won't get her back anymore' Kevin said.
 
Jooyeon just get into her room & looked at her face in the mirror.
 
'You're totally a mess right now Jooyeon' She said to herself.
 
Kevin heard the slamming of the door & ended his conversation with his mom.
 
*Knock Knock*
 
'Mmm?' Jooyeon said from inside of her room.
 
'May I come in?' Kevin asked.
 
'Sure' She said & Kevin entered her room.
 
'Where have you been? I've been calling you' Kevin said.
 
'Ow. Sorry. Turned it to a silent mode' She lied.
 
'Btw, you forgot this' Jooyeon handed him the invitation.
 
'Ah. Sorry. This is the invitation to Lizzy's wedding & to her fiance Kyoung Jae' He took the card.
 
'Do you know who's Kyoung Jae?' She asked.
 
'No. Haven't met him nor heard of him' He answered.
 
'Well.. I know him' She weakly smiled.
 
'You do?' Kevin's eye widened.
 
Jooyeon stood up & got something from her cabinet.
 
'Read this' She handed him a letter.
 
He took it & unfolded the letter. He started to read it out loud but he was starting to realize why did Jooyeon let him read the letter, he skipped the body of the letter & jumped to the part where you can find the sender's name.
 
'Your boyfriend who loves you so much, Kim Kyoung Jae/ Eli' He mumbled, 'K- kyoung jae is.. Eli?'
 
'This is such a huge coincidence' Kevin can't believe it.
 
'I know. What are we gonna do?' Jooyeon asked.
 
'Nothing' He answered.
 
'Why don't we just stop & Let's get back to what we're really fighting for from the start?' She suggested.
 
'Are you asking me to stop loving you & go back to Lizzy?' He scoffed.
 
Jooyeon nodded.
 
He scoffed again, 'I'm sorry. I already let go of someone from the past & I'm not going to do that again. Not on you'
 
'But..' Jooyeon tried to say something but he quickly got out & slammed Jooyeon's & his door.