11

Moving On.

 

It was Jooyeon's day off & it was the day that Eli will be back. It's been a month since Jooyeon & Eli broke up.
 
Jooyeon faced the calendar & sighed, *This is it. This is the day*
 
Kevin got out from the bathroom w/ only a towel wrapped on his trunk & was drying his hair w/ a towel.
 
'Joo, I thought it's your day off? Why are you so dressed today?' He asked.
 
'He'll be back. I have to go' Jooyeon said w/o even looking at Kevin.
 
Kevin looked at Jooyeon & sighed, when she closed the door, he looked at the calendar & saw that the date today was encircled.
 
'It's Eli' He said & went to his room to change.
- - - -
Jooyeon was walking along the Han River & started to reminisce.
 
*FLASHBACKS; 4yrs. ago*
 
'Wah! Yeppeoda!' Jooyeon shouted as she looks at the river.
 
'Haha! Jooyeon- ah, it's really pretty here' Bekah said.
 
'Yup. It is' Nana also said.
 
'When my mom will visit me, i'll bring her here' Jooyeon said.
 
'I hope I can also bring my family here' Bekah frowned.
 
'Aw.. I'm sure they would love it in here' Nana pouted.
 
A guy was throwing pebbles on the river & the 3 girls shifted their eyes on him.
 
'Yah. What's that guy doing?' Bekah asked.
 
'Oh no! Why is he throwing pebbles at a beautiful place?' Nana asked wanted to approach the guy.
 
Jooyeon had the courage to approach him & she did approach him, 'Excuse me, but what you are doing is... not right. Is there any problem?'
 
'Tss' That was the only word that the guy said & left.
 
'Huh? Weird' She went back to her friends.
- - - -
'Ah! So heavy!' Jooyeon was struggling carrying her grocery paper bags.
 
A guy approached her & offered his help, 'Excuse me, do you need help?'
 
'Oh yes. I do' Jooyeon replied & the guy grabbed the paper bags.
 
'IT'S YOU!' She shouted once she saw the guy's face.
 
'Huh? Me?' The guy asked trying to figure who she was.
 
'The Mr. who is throwing pebbles at the Han' She said, glaring at him.
 
'Ah! So it's you. That Ms. Intruder at Han' He jokingly said.
 
'Haha. Very funny' Jooyeon rolled her eyes.
 
'Now if you don't mind Miss, can you now to your home. This stuff is kinda heavy' He said.
 
Jooyeon then led the way to her house. As they were walking home, they were talking that led them to become closer.
 
'Ok. Here we are. Thank You!' Jooyeon said once they reached the lobby of the building.
 
'Ok. Here you go. NP' The guy handed her the groceries.
 
Jooyeon just nodded & smile but when she turned around, the guy said, 'Im Eli. Hope to see you again'
 
She turned back again to see Eli, 'Jooyeon'
 
With that, Eli waited for Jooyeon to enter the elevator. That was the start, after that day, Eli would always wait for Jooyeon at the lobby to take her to work. That lasted for almost a year.
- - - -
A garden, a table for two, christmas lights hanging on every tree & a calm night that the sky is full of stars.
 
Eli was in white tux & is waiting for Jooyeon. This is the day, where he will ask Jooyeon to be his. He can't be at ease, he felt uneasy & nervous. What if she'll reject him? That was he's thinking.
 
'Hey' Jooyeon showed up, wearing a bright blue fitted dress & a heels.
 
'Wow. Yeppeoda' Eli was startled.
 
'Haha. Thank You' Jooyeon felt shy upon hearing Eli's compliment.
 
'Shall we eat?' Eli pulled her seat & waited for her to be seated.
 
When Eli reached his seat, they started eating & talking. After they ate, Eli stood up & knelt down before Jooyeon.
 
'You, you are the reason why I smile. You are the reason why would I wake up every morning. Whenever you aren't with me, I am nothing. I always wanted to be there for you, to protect you. Whenever I think of you, I feel like I'm going insane. Everything about you is beautiful. So Lee Jooyeon, would you be my girlfriend?' Eli proposed.
 
She was speechless. She wants to say something but nothing went out on . Eli was still looking at her, straight in the eyes, waiting for an answer.
 
Jooyeon nodded & smiled.
 
'Is that a yes?' Eli suddenly held her hand.
 
Jooyeon nodded again, making Eli to jump up in happiness.
 
'WHOO! LEE JOOYEON FINALLY ANSWERED ME' Eli shouted & hugged her.
 
'Saranghae' Eli said.
 
'Na doo, saranghae' Jooyeon smiled & said.
 
*END OF FLASHBACKS*
 
Jooyeon sighed upon remembering her every moment with Eli.
 
'You said it will only take you a month. Where are you?' Jooyeon as she watched the sun set.
 
She sighed & when the sun has finally set, she left Han & decided to get some Soju.
 
'Ahjumma. 1 bottle of Soju please. And kimchi' Jooyeon called out.
 
Her phone then vibrated, she got a text message from Kevin.
 
*To Joo: How was it? Are you now home? What's for dinner? I'm hungry. - Kevin*
 
Jooyeon didn't reply & placed her phone at the table. The ahjumma got out w/ her orders.
 
She quickly opened the bottle & pour on her shot glass. When it was her third shot, she started to cry& ruffled her hair in frustration.
 
That continued until she drank up straight her 9th bottle.
 
'Yah. AJUMMA! Another BOTTLE please' Jooyeon said.
 
'Aigoo. This girl is drunk' The Ahjumma mumbled & got another drink for her.
 
'Haha. Gomawo Ajumma' She clinged on to her arm.
 
'Ah ne, ne. Stop it now arasso, that's your last' Ajumma said & left.
 
After the 10th bottle, she gave up. She passed out. The ajumma got shocked & tried to wake her up.
 
Luckily, her phone suddenly rang & ajumma answered it.
 
'Hello? Joo? Where are you??' Kevin asked worriedly on the other line.
 
'Excuse me, but the one you are calling passed out. She was too drunk. Mind if you fetch her?' Ajumma said.
- - - -
'Bwo?! Ne.. Ne.. I got it. Thank You. I'll be on my way' Kevin hung up & ran.
 
'Aish. That girl' Kevin said as he was trying his best to ran fast as he could.
 
Once he reached the place, he saw the ajumma waking Jooyeon, he run towards them.
 
'Sorry, it took me so long' Kevin bowed.
 
'Gwenchana. Here, take her home. Don't take advantage of her right?' The ajumma said.
 
'Ah, you took it wrong. She's just my friend' Kevin smiled.
 
'Ah. I thought.. Btw, get her home. Ok? Buy her some medicine, so that her head won't hurt when she wakes up' The ajumma started to clean up.
 
'Arasso. Gomawo Ajumma. How much is her bill?' Kevin asked.
 
'It's fine' Ajumma said.
 
'Gomawo' Kevin bowed.
 
'Jooyeon- sshi, ireona!' Kevin shook her body but it was no use.
 
'Ireona! Yah! Jooyeon! Lee Jooyeon! Ireona!' He tried again.
 
'Look young boy, that's no use. I tried that so many times' Ajumma said while cleaning Jooyeon's table.
 
Kevin sighed & decided to piggyback ride her. They headed at the drugstore to buy some medicine. After that, he continued to walk home w/ Jooyeon at her back, sweat dripping on his face but he didn't care.
 
Once they got home, Kevin carefully laid Jooyeon on her room. He went out to get some water.
 
Kevin lifted Jooyeon's head & poured the powdered medicine on . He assisted her in drinking the water.
 
Jooyeon coughed & Kevin put the glass on the table & put her down. He stood up & picked the sachet & the glass.
 
He felt that someone held his shirt, he turned around & saw Jooyeon holding his shirt.
 
'Eli, don't leave me' She said.
 
Kevin sighed & put what he's holding back to the table & sit on the floor.
 
He solemnly looked at Jooyeon who started to tear up while sleeping.
 
'You're even crying in your dreams. It must be really painful for you' Kevin wiped her tear.
 
Jooyeon grabbed his hand & hugged it, right in her heart.
 
Kevin was shocked by her action & found himself smiling.
 
'Pabo. I'm not Eli. Would you still be able to move on?' He said, while caressing her bangs with his other hand.
 
He then looked at Jooyeon's eyes, nose & down to her lips. He gulped & stared at her lips, he slowly leaned to her but stopped when he was an inch away, he then looked again in her eyes. She's still sleeping, she was still hugging his hand.
 
He closed his eyes & leaned more, making them to kiss. It was a soft & gentle kiss.
 
Kevin felt his heart beating fast, he opened his eyes & parted from hers.
 
He touched his chest, 'Why am I like this?'
 
He shook his head & drank water. He then shifted his gaze back to Jooyeon & smiled.
 
He spent hours looking at Jooyeon. Soon enough, he fell asleep, his head resting on the couch & holding each other's hand.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[A/N] Tantananan! DOUBLE UPDATE GUYS! :) For me to make it up to you. ENJOY!