08

Moving On.

 

*Ding Dong*
 
Kevin & Jooyeon opened their eyes & pulled away. Kevin coughed while Jooyeon turned her back.
 
'I- I- I'm sorry about that. I'll go get the door. Ok. Bye!' Kevin got out of her room & sighed.
 
*WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! IDIOT!* He thought to himself.
 
He opened the door to see who is it & saw an unfamiliar face who is standing in front of him.
 
'Um. Excuse Me, but who are you? And who are you looking for?' Kevin asked.
 
'I'm Jonghyun. Friend of Lee Jooyeon. Y- you know her?' Jonghyun introduced himself.
 
'Ah. Joo? She's in her room. Come in. I'll call her' Kevin let him inside.
 
*JOOYEON-AH! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING A WHILE AGO?! WHY DID YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES?? HUH?! PABO!* Jooyeon thought as she hits her head.
 
*Knock Knock* 'Joo? Someone's looking for you. His name is Jonghyun' Kevin said in a high voice.
 
*Jonghyunnie? Wae? Why would he come at my house this late?* Jooyeon was confused.
 
'Ne. Tell him I'll be there in a minute' Jooyeon shouted & started to change.
 
'She said, wait for a minute. Ara?' Kevin told Jonghyun.
 
Jooyeon changed as fast as she could, not wanting Jonghyun to wait that long.
 
'Jonghyunnie. Wae?' Jooyeon said as she got out from her room.
 
Jonghyun stood up while Kevin looked at her & went inside his room, leaving the both of them to have some privacy.
 
'Jooyeon, can I talk to you outside?' Jonghyun asked.
 
Jooyeon nodded & they went to a playground near her apartment.
 
'So... we're already here. Wanna spill it out now?' Jooyeon started.
 
'Um. I- I- I don't how will you take this but..' Jonghyun paused, while she was behind him.
 
'But..?' Jooyeon asked.
 
'But I really want to tell this to you now. I know it's not right but I want you to know it now before it's too late. It's Now or Never' Jonghyun continued.
 
'About what Jonghyun? Please tell me now' Jooyeon was getting impatient.
 
'About...' Jonghyun was still gathering all his courage for him to say it.
 
'Jonghyun, if you can't say it then I think I should go back' Jooyeon turned around.
 
'I LIKE YOU. I LIKE YOU EVER SINCE WE'RE IN JUNIOR HIGH!' Jonghyun shouted making Jooyeon to stop walking.
 
Jooyeon turned around, 'Jonghyun..'
 
Jonghyun sighed & opened his eyes. He turned around, 'Im not asking you to answer me w/ a yes. I'll I want is you to know what I feel about you'
 
'Jonghyun.. I'm so-' Jooyeon said but was interrupted by Jonghyun.
 
'AH! AAAAA! AH! AH! I don't want to hear it' Jonghyun covered his ears.
 
'Not now Jooyeon. I just confessed to you today. Please consider & think about it' Jonghyun smiled.
 
'Arasso. Please don't expect too much' Jooyeon said worriedly.
 
'Haha! Of course I won't. Don't worry about me, eh?' Jonghyun tried to be happy.
 
'Ah! Look at the time! It's getting late. Go. Go home' Jonghyun looked at his watch.
 
'A- arasso. You too, you should go home now' Jooyeon said & started to walk.
 
Jooyeon walked backwards to see Jonghyun. He waved his hands & smiled, trying to convince her that he's happy. When Jooyeon saw it, she turned around & walked normally.
 
*I don't want to hear your answer. Because I know it already* Jonghyun sighed & slowly puts her hand down.
- - - -
Jooyeon got home still confuse w/ what Jonghyun had told her.
 
'Yah! It's already 8:30. What's for dinner?' Kevin asked as he was focused at the TV.
 
Jooyeon sighed & sits on the couch where Kevin is laying.
 
'What happened? Why do you like you're not okay?' Kevin sits up straight.
 
Jooyeon nodded her headed lousily & rested it on the couch.
 
'He confessed' Jooyeon said looking at the ceiling.
 
'Who? The guy a while ago?' Kevin asked.
 
'Ne. He told me that he likes me ever since we're in junior high' Jooyeon explained.
 
'Ooh..' Kevin said.
 
*Tonight I shall be here. Tick Tack Tick-* Kevin answered her phone while Jooyeon sits up straight & looked curious.
 
'Ma! Oh!' He stood up & took the call inside of his room.
 
'I guess I have to cook now' Jooyeon turned the TV off & headed to the kitchen.
 
'Fine. You? Are you eating well?' Kevin asked his mom.
 
'Ne. I am. Kevin.. have you heard?' His mom said on the other line.
 
'Heard about what?' Kevin asked,opening his laptop.
 
'The wedding is still on' His mom said.
 
Kevin sighed, 'Umma. I don't want to talk about that'
 
'Kevin...' Her mom said.
 
'Ma. You know why I went here right?' Kevin said.
 
'But..' Mrs. Woo still wants to speak.
 
'Ma, it's really getting late here. I need to rest. Let's talk again some other time' Kevin lied.
 
'Ah. I got a job. A chef' He added.
 
'Really? That's good to hear! How did you manage to get one?' Mrs. Woo asked.
 
'Let's just say that, a fallen angel is here to help me' Kevin smiled.
 
'Oh.. Well you should introduce that 'fallen angel' of yours some other time to me. Ok?' Mrs. Woo joked.
 
'Haha! Ne, Umma!' Kevin laughed.
 
*Knock Knock* 'Kevin- sshi. Dinner's ready' Jooyeon said.
 
'Ah. Ma, I need to hang up now. Ok? Good night.. Ne. I Love You to! Bye' With that, he ended the call & went out of the room.
 
'Yah! How come you didn't wait for me?' Kevin complained as he saw Jooyeon already eating.
 
'Wae? Tss' Jooyeon made a face.
 
The two ate dinner together & share  stories & jokes w/ one another. Together, laughing about it. After they ate, Jooyeon was supposed to be the only to wash the dishes but Kevin helped him since he doesn't have something to do.
 
'About that guy friend of yours, I guess he really likes you a LOT' Kevin said.
 
'Do you think so?' She asked.
 
'Uhm-m. You said a while ago that he likes you eversince you're in junior high. THAT WAS AGES AGO! And still, up to now' Kevin nodded.
 
'You're right. All these years, he's being loyal & only has 1 sided love' Jooyeon sighed & passed a plate to Kevin for him to rinse.
 
'Have you ever seen him as a man/ merely just a friend?' He asked.
 
'Just a.. Friend' She answered.
 
'Is it ok if I'll give him a chance?' She added.
 
'Well, if I am to ask. No' Kevin said.
 
'But why?' Jooyeon looked at him.
 
'Joo. Are you really that clueless?' He rolled his eyes.
 
'You just a got out from a relationship right? & you still can't get over w/ your ex. How could you possibly say 'Yes' to your friend if he knows that you're not still over w/ him?Do you think he'll be happy w/ that? He explained.
 
Jooyeon shook her head.
 
'See..' He said '& come to think of it, if you'll give him a chance, but you really can't give him the same feeling then he'll just get hurt'
 
'You have a point' Jooyeon pouted.
 
'Getting in a relationship is not a joke. It isn't something we can enter & leave easily. You have to feel love before you can enter one. If not then, for sure, one will always get hurt' Kevin added, finishing the last plate.
 
'How come you're so good when it comes to love?' Jooyeon asked, removing her gloves. 'Is it based on experience huh?'
 
'Hm. I think I'm only using both my mind & heart' Kevin answered, drying his hands.
 
'Have you ever had a girlfriend?' Jooyeon asked.
 
'Why did you asked?' He leaned on the sink.
 
'Just curious' She shrugged.
 
'Haha!' He laughed.
 
'Why?' Jooyeon smacked him on his arm.
 
'OUCH! AISH!' Kevin rubbed the part where she had hit him.
 
'Really.. Have you?' Jooyeon asked, wanting to know the answer.
 
'You? What do you think? Guess' Kevin folded his arms.
 
'Hm.. You're like the type of guy that is good w/ love, so I suppose you already had.. MANY!' Jooyeon said into which Kevin hardly laughed at.
 
'MANY?! HAHA! Do I look like a player?' He tried to stop laughing.
 
'Well, you're good looking, nice & friendly. That's why' She explained.
 
'You think they will easily fall for that?' He asked.
 
'Of course! Who would not want her guy to be like that?' Jooyeon said.
 
'You girls are really like that eh? You want the PERFECT guy & the PERFECT relationship' He sighed, 'I tell you, there is NO PERFECT in this world. Us guys, also commit mistakes just like you'
 
'I know that!' She raised her voice 'Back to you. How many? 3? 4? 5?'
 
'You really want to know?' He asked once more. She nodded, really wants to know.
 
'Come closer' He instructed & she complied.
 
He slowly leans on her ear slowly before whispering.
 
'Si.. Si.. SECRET!' He whispered & ran, sticks out his tongue.
 
They ran around the house as Jooyeon tries to catch Kevin & beat him up.