What was that?

Fate 【ON HOLD】

It wasn’t a normal day at school. As soon as Yumi, found herself inside the class, Luhan jumped out of nowhere and shouted “SURPRISE!!” , shocking the out of her.

“Luhan!”

“What? It’s your birthday!”

Yumi frowned at him. “Keep it a little down”, she mumbled.

“Eh?” He shook his head and followed her.

The girl look over at Sungyeol’s seat and notice they haven’t arrive yet. The teacher came inside the class and started her normal lectures. The girl look out at the window once in a while not really absorbed in the lecture. And the classes ended just like that.

“Hey, where’s that guy?” Luhan asked turning back at her. She shook her head and stood up as they both head off to the cafeteria.

“Was I first or him?” He asked. The girl was confused. “You mean?” she asked back.

“Wishing you …I mean. Why isn’t he here btw?”

“Stop talking about him.”

‘Eh?’

“……”

“Haven’t he wished you, yet?”

"......"

"Maybe an emergency came up?", he tried to reassure her knowing that situation.

She smiled faintly at him and turned to order her snacks. 

Suddenly someone close her eyes from behind.

"Don't open your eyes!" Yelled Sungyeol as she was trying to take his hands off.

She just stood quiet as he pushed him out of the room followed by Luhan.

Yoomi stopped her steps as Sungyeol did after walking some long metres.

"TADAA!!!" Shouted the 6 of them out of nowhere surprising her with their loud mouths. She opened her eyes to find herself in one of the empty classrooms with the 7 of them infront, smiling widely at her. Luhan smiled seeing them too. 

"Did you guys do all these?", she commented as her eyes wander around the classroom as some little decorations were done with 'Happy Birthday Song Yoomi' written on the board.

"Myungsoo's idea!" Woohyun smiled cheekily making the male blush faintly. Yoomi bit her lips trying to hide her smile. 

"Actually it was my suggestion to hold a big surprise party, but then this guy said you won't like it that way...so 'tada!'" Sungyeol said with a gummy smile.

The girl nodded but didn't dare to look at Myungsoo or she might just embarrass herself. The fact that Myungsoo knows those little things of hers makes her feel special and she wouldn't deny how her heart feels so fluffy and soft at the moment.

On the other hand, Myungsoo has been waiting for her to at least freaking look at him. The moment she entered the room, after getting the surprise, she hasn't even glance at him. 

'Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you~' Sunggyu came up holding the cake. And all of them sang along.

'Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday  to you!'

'Saengil chukhahae Yoomi-ah' all of them said with smiles as she blew out the candles.

"Thanks guys." she said sincerely tearing up a little. No one other than her parents wished her like this before. Even if they are guys they sincerely think of her as a friend and she couldn't thank them more.

While she was thinking all these, she didn't realise what an idiot was planning behind the sleeve. She got startled when Woohyun suddenly smashed the cake on her face.

"Yah!!" They all laughed at her as she yelled saying 'waste of cake!'

"Where's the wet tissue?" Sungjong asked as Myungsoo held out his hand and look at her waiting for her to take it. She stole a little glance at him as she took it mumbling a small 'thanks'.

All of them saw their little exchanges and smiled. 

"Oyeoye Yoomi. Here, its my gift for you" Sungyeol said cheekily handing a box wrapped in green. 

She took it and slowly opened it to see ...

"What's this!?" Woohyun commented and started laughing.

"A drone? Seriously Sungyeollie!?"Dongwoo laughed his off.

"Its her birthday not yours. What's she gonna do with that!?" Howon commented as Sungyeol glared at them.

"Well its her gift not yours!"he snapped back.

"Thanks Yeollie i'll fly it well" Yoomi teased to a grumpy Sungyeol.

"Here, here, here! Tada!" Sungjong said as he came forward to give her his gift but retreated back his hand and opened it himself.

"Jajaan!" He said as he took out a black dress and swirl around holding it.

"Isn't my taste great!? You'll look sooo pretty in it:)" he commented happily and the others agreed.

Sunggyu leaned to the girl and wishpered something making her blush red. All of them looked at him with a question mark above their heads. Myungsoo, a little more than curious to what he said. 

"What did you just say to her? Are you making fun of my taste?" Sungjong glared at the older guy.

"What !? I just said Myungsoo loves black" he  said out loud making all of them to appreciate a quiet moment of blushing left and right.

"Its not wrong. He'd go all smitten if she wears it" added him boldly again. Myungsoo looked away a little annoyed with his boldness. 

The moment got interrupted when Luhan was found missing...

"Eh? Where's Luhan?" They look around to find him nowhere.

"Taadaa! I went to take this out" said Luhan from the door bringing a small box. 

"Here. Open it at home" he said making all of them question him.

"Why can't it be now??"Woohyun said.

"You don't need to know. Yumi ah, here" she accepted it with a smile. The others thought she's gonna open it but seems like she respected Luhan's proposal so she put it inside her pocket. Myungsoo denied his jealousy over it ...secrecy and all.

Soon the others bring out their gifts for her, Sunggyu giving her an elegant keychain, followed by Dongwoo giving her a plushie bear, Woohyun - gift her a gift card, Howon bought her a tab.

All of them turned to Myungsoo.

"What?" He answered .

"Yours?" Woohyun asked.

"I don't have it" he replied nochalantly, hands inside his pockets.

"Tsk! Bet you forgot it too like you forgot to wish her" Sungyeol said making him frown.

"Hey! I didn't forget.. I have my reasons!" He snapped back. They nodded mumbling 'earlier you said you haven't wished her though'

He just kept quiet. The girl bit her lips hiding her disappointment. He haven't wish her personally. She wouldn't mind any other not wishing her...heck she doesn't even care about her birthday morever she always forgets it. Her parents will always be the one to remind her.

But then, why is she so sad with him not wishing her..?

*-*-*

Class resumed and as usual had their normal classes with Myungsoo all the while closing his eyes, probably sleeping.

When the bell rang and Myungsoo woke up to find Yoomi nowhere in the class.

"Where did she go?"

He stood up and walk out of the class to go to the washroom. As he came out he saw Luhan and the girl in search walking towards the classroom laughing.

'Talking about something funny, eh?'

He followed them at the back slowly and didn't enter the class and just watch them from the back.

"Yah! I told you to wear that clip i gave you the last time!" Luhan complained.

"I'm not used to it"she pouted.

"You kept it back at home?" He asked.

"..." Yoomi thought for a while and shook her head.

"It must be in my bag" she said taking it out.

"Here" she showed it to him. He took it and stood up to clip it on her hair.

"There.. Don't take it out..it looks so good on you" the girl just pouted.

"Btw, i want to say something "

"What is it?"

*-*-*

 

Soon school hours ended. Yumi walked side to side with Myungsoo who haven't said anything in a while.

"Luhan said he might go to China for a week"she said starting a convo.

"Oh...when?"

"Tomorrow i guess...so he went home early" she said as he nodded.

"....."

Myungsoo was holding her gifts from the others for her.

"You haven't wish me today. I'm disappointed" she said honestly. Myungsoo stopped walking at turned to look at her. The clip on her hair cought his eyes and remembered what he saw earlier.

"What did he give you?" He asked.

"Luhan? I haven't checked it yet..he told me to check it at home."

"Seems like you guys keep a lots of secrets"

"Huh? NO!! We don't. What makes you think that!?"

"Who gave you that clip?" He asked.

"Oh! Luhan gave me it the last time"she said.

He nodded. 'Luhan..Luhan..Luhan..' Its annoying him but he shut his emotions up.

"He had to forced me on wearing it. I'm not really used to putting this on"

"Where's the one i gave you?"he asked.

"Oh...i left it at home."

"..."

"And you brought what he gave you?" He questioned her.

"Hah??"

"Forget it" he replied and continued walking.

'Wait...is he sulking? Because of that?'

She walked faster and look at him.

"Myung...are you.."

"What?" 

"H-huh? N-nothing.."

"...."

.

.

.

Yoomi wondered if she should tell him now or how long she can bear this burden of hiding her feelings. Its getting heavier and heavier. She really wanted him to know that she feels the same for him...but she couldn't bring up the courage to say it. She's just too shy to speak her hearts out. Should she tell him out now?

'Should i tell him? Should i? It's now or never..'

Just thinking about it makes her heart pound in nervousness. She swore its her first time to feel such a strong heartbeat, beating so fast for someone else. Should she say it? Should she not? Its nerve wrecking her. Her heart doesn't help and keeps on speeding up, the more she thought she should say it at the moment. Her whole body was shaking in nervousness.

"M-myun..." Her voice seemed to came out as a wishper as the boy didn't seem to hear it. She closed her eyes and her fist tight. 'Now or never'

"Myungsoo!" She suddenly called shocking Myungsoo. He looked down at her as he stopped his feet .

"I-I..."

"??"

"I-i want t-to say that i-i like you!" Did she say it a little too fast and stuttered  a lot? He didn't seem to get what she said as he kept his eyes frozed on hers.

"...."

"...."

"I don't hate you...i want you to keep on liking me like that. I want you.. to openly show that you're jealo-"

"Do you have raise my hopes up like that?"

"...."

"You're shaking too much. Don't force yourself and say things you'd regret" saying that Myungsoo continued to walk like nothing happened leaving her frozed on the spot with tears swelling up her eyes.

"...."

'I-I hold up a lot of courage to say that...and yet-and yet he...'

.

.

"YAH! KIM MYUNGSOO!!"

Myungsoo was startled when she called him like that and turn to see her stomping her foot and walk up to him.

As soon as she was before him, she stared straight at his eyes before giving a hard kick at his shin making him cry out an 'aah!', scrouching down a little bit, holding his leg, biting his lips to bear the pain.

"Yah!! You--" He stopped mid sentence as she suddenly pulled him down by his neck-tie and tip toed up to kiss his lips. 

Myungsoo widened his eyes and frozed at her action.

"..."

"...."

He felt weak and jelly?

She pulled away slowly and didn't dare to look up at him.

Little did he know, she kicked him for her advantage because of his height.

"S-see you t-tomorrow" she said looking anywhere but him before rushing off her feet.

.

.

.

.

He bit his lips slowly with a flushed face.

'What was that?'