Opening Up.

Fate 【ON HOLD】

MYUNGSOO'S POV

 

"Myung. Stop. Why are---"

"We are going inside together today." I interrupted her. She mumbled some incoherent words turning away, angry i guess.

We drive in the school parking lot . She didn't move or try to go out when the car stopped .

"Why aren't you moving out?" I asked confused.

"Scared?" I added again.

"Myung. Its not that i'm scared. Its just that they might misunderstand and think other ways. I'd be just a burden."

I sighed.

"Yumi.." i always like it when her name slips out from my lips:)

"You know...i'm gonna clear up everything today, if thats what you're afraid of. Don't worry, you're not a burden okay?" I hate it when she thinks like this:(

She nodded and went out saying nothing. I went out too and took her hand :).She look up raising an eyebrow. I just smiled at her and shook it off dragging her towards the school.

Just as when we enter , people started murmering. I know after all that had happened yesterday and today since we came to the school together we'd be the talk of the school. She look down while walking. I just sighed. I walk pass the classroom pulling her. It seems that she's confused since we didn't enter the class and just pass through it as she look up.

I pulled her till i found that b*tch i'm looking for right now.

Aha!!" There that b*tch is!;)

I walked up to her pulling Yumi. She stood behind me, no she's not scared, she just doesn't like the fact that we're garnering attention. The students look at our side and started murmuring. Soon there are full of students in the hallway looking at our direction.

That Suji girl seems confused too as i just stood there infront her.

"O..oppa! Were you looking for me!?" She asked fondling her hair. Ewww...I better settle this soon before i puke seeing this b*tch.

I turned away from her and glared at the students. They stopped talking.

"LISTEN!! YUMI HERE IS MY FRIEND AND WE DO LIVE TOGETHER. BUT THATS BECAUSE OF PERSONAL MATTERS AND MY PARENTS SETTLED IT FOR HER! SO DON'T GO AROUND SPREADING UNWANTED RUMOURS!! IF YOU DARE LAY A FINGER ON MY FRIEND OR BULLY HER...I'M NOT GONNA LET YOU GO SO EASILY!"I declared loudly enough for all of them to hear. I glared at the b*tch at the last part.

The hallways was quiet, maybe they're surprised that i suddenly speak up unexpectedly. Dont't take it wrong...i'm not a hearthrob of the school or anything like that and i don't kno about fangirls. Its just that i don't really poke nose into something like yesterday before and speak up because of it but this involves, Yumi and she's the main victim. I'm not gonna let it go easily. It might be even the first time for  some students hearing my voice. As i told you , i don't speak a lot.

The tone i just used was colder than i thought it would i guess as all of them look down not wanting to meet eyes with me. I felt that Yumi shivered too. I just squeezed her hand assuring her.

"And Stop All the Stupid Murmurings!! You hear me!!!" I added again. I turned to the b*tch and glared at her.

"But oppa..you can't just stand up for her! How about me?! You're mine and you know I'm your---"

"Just because i was engaged to you doesn't mean i'm yours". I muttered angrily glaring at her.

Oops!I felt Yumi stiffened. Did i say that out loud? When i look down at her, seems like she heard it. Fortunately, the others didn't hear.

 

 

YUMI'S POV

 

I was shocked when i heard what  Myungsoo said . He was engaged to Suji? I just shook it off as he drag me to class.

The tone he used today was so scary. It was so cold. He didn't even used that tone before to me when i first came. It was so much colder today that i felt goosebumps.

As we reach class, he lied down to sleep saying nothing and turned at the window side. Luhan came at waved at me.

"Morning!:) Are you feeling okay?" He asked worried.

"Morning! I'm okay.:)" i smiled back.

Throughout the 4 periods , i just focused on copying the notes while the guy beside me just sleep and sleep and sleep. I just sighed. Bell rang indicating it was break. Thats when he woke up. I look at him. He didn't look at me and just stared nowhere.

"Hey. Lets go!"Luhan chirpped and i nodded and walk out taking one last glance at Myungsoo .

 

When we reach the cafeteria, we were standing at the line to the counter. I search for  a familar  figure looking if he already came here but i couldnt see as i saw Sunggyu, Sungyeol,   Dongwoo oppa and Sungjong there at a table chatting when i turned back i was shocked to see Woohyun oppa at the front of me smiling.

"Hi Yumi!" He chirpped.

"Oh...hi oppa:)" he was with Howon oppa .

"From today you're eating with us!"He suddenly said.

"W..what? N..no its okay ---"

"Aye! You're going to reject my offer? The one whom you hugged and  cried to yesterday??" He teased...i blushed.

"Just kidding ...Are you feeling better?" I nodded and smiled

"But you  guys still have to eat with us,right buddy?" He asked to Luhan as he slung and arm around him.

Luhan awkwardly smiled. Howon oppa pushed me to their table after taking orders and Luhan was at the back with Woohyun oppa.

"Noona!" Sungjong chirpped.

I just smiled.

"Yea..You're eating with us!" He clapped. He offered me a seat beside him. Luhan took the seat beside me too. They all waved at me happily, except the fact that Myungsoo wasn't there. Just when i thought, he came with his plate and seat at the opposite of me. He started eating not even glancing up.

"Yumi eat up. Don't just stare in the air" Sunggyu oppa said . I nodded and started eating. The guys were talking whatever that came out about things here and there. I was confused. When i look around, no one was looking at our side. They were doing their own things chatting and eating. Myungsoo's power i guess...i didn't know he was that effective . if i was the one , no one will even listen to me. It was wierd . Even Luhan was already blending in as he talked with the guys and laughed. This guy sure does blend in well in just minutes.

I look up at Myungsoo again but he still looked down eating not even talking with the others. He talk a lot at home when we eat. Why do i feel like he's avoiding me somehow??

 

School was over . I waited for Myungsoo at the gate with Luhan. He came out with the guys . We waved good bye and we went home

 

Inside the car------

           ----silence-----

See he's ignoring me....

"Yumi." he called suddenly.

  Finally!:) no more ignoring:)

"Hmm.?" I answered trying to pretend normal.

"You heard ...what i said earlier at Suji?"

Is he talking about that engage thing??

"About what?" I asked.

"I know you heard it...about me and her being engaged before."

"O.." that was the only thing that came out from my mouth. I thought he wasn't going to say anything about it after all i don't need to know anything personal.

"Sorry. I was ignoring you earlier, i was fidgeting if i should explain to you about it or not" he said.

Oh..thats why. I do want to know but i don't need to know , right? 

"Its okay , you don't have to explain. I don't have the right to and i'm not curious." I said partly lying.

"Huh?You're..not curious?" He asked .

"Yea...i'm not"

"I wished you would" he mumbled but i heard it.

He wants me to know? Why? That kinda things are personal ,right?

We didn't talk much after that and we reach home.

 

 

 

Later that night while tutoring-----

Myungsoo was working out some of  the calculations in physics while Yumi did her homeworks beside him not really focusing.

 

MYUNGSOO'S POV

"Myung." Yumi called out .

"Hmm?"  We were working out the problems. We have a monthly test next week.

"You promised me that you won't get angry like you did before when i ask about your parents right?"she asked making sure. I  stopped moving writing.

"Yeah,.you wanna ask about it?"I looked up at her and said as i know she wasn't gonna let this go.

"Umm..the question i left to ask last time while playing the game..i'll use it now. I want to know about what happened between you and your parents for you to be so angry at them. Do you hate them? Why?"she asked carefully keeping her eyes on mine.

I just sighed...

"Well, i'm angry at them. But i can't say i hate them...Ev-"I couldn't help but pause a little . It was hard for me, to remember those long forgotten nightmares. I felt her suddenly holding my hands...encouraging me to go further i guess.

 I stared  at her for a moment. Its not a bad thing to let out...

"Everything  started when i was eight  . Before that , i was a happy kid , we were a happy family. I was happy when i woke up to see my parents , i was happy to do evrything together with them.They were always with me , in school events . I was the priority for them in everything ,just like other kids.

   But when my dad's business became big       everything changed. Their priority wasn't me anymore. I tried to understand at first but.. i couldn't. It was hard for me , i was just a kid of merely 8."

I unconciously paused again but managed to put a smile, a very sad one.

Yumi was trying to console me as i felt her squeezing my hand tightly.

"Let it out Myung. It'll make you feel better"she said rubbing softly at my back making me smile a lil'.

"It was so scary , that they always left me behind ... just for the sake of their business. I woke up to see the  unfamiliar empty room everyday and to see many strangers walking around in the house . They hardly come back home."

   "It took from days to years just to see their faces. They left me for abroad , going around here and there for what they call meetings.

At school events, i was always alone unlike other students who were with their parents and there they were  teasing me saying bad things about me . I even fought with them and even punch them once  but that lead  everyone to ignore me more  . I was scared that they forgot  about me . No one knows how much i always cried alone everyday at  the corner  . No one understood me , i couldn't trust the maids  either...not even one , when they were being changed evrytime. Even when i was sick , they were never home and just told over the phone to the maids to take care of me . I didn't like it one  bit . Was i that of a burden to them...??" 

I realised that tears already escaped when Yumi  timidly wiped it off slowly and that i was shaking  from those painful memories.

YUMI'S POV

He choked in every sentence and his tears were already falling. He was shaking , trying to hold it in, it was hard i know. I hugged him assuring it was okay .Thats when he poured out, his feelings which he bore alone from when he was barely 8 , along till now. He was always alone and i can somehow relate his phobia. Alone , the word itself is lonely , isnt it? He cried at my shoulder. I rubbed his back. I too , was always scared of oblivion.

 

He lean back after a while.

"Sorry..it just sound like im  a clingy kid to tell it like this only now"he muttered not looking up. I just shook my head telling its okay.

"Thats why I'm close with the 6 guys. They were like a family to me. *he chuckled a little*I met them at1st year of middle school except Jjong, met him at 2nd year. They had the same problems with me somehow except that they had grandparents and that their case wasn't that bad compared to mine. They understood me the best." he smiled a little. I smiled back.

"Their family treated me like their family too.And i was so happy about it. I got jealous sometimes as they had great people as their family...but still happy as they treat me like one too.My parents nearly send me abroad  for studies in 3rd year and i was scared that i was going to be sold off or something like that but i managed to pursuade thanks to Sunggyu hyungs parents. I don't think i would be able to survive without the guys , had we been separated."he continued.

"I moved in with the hyungs and jjong in our apartment in last year of middle school. I wasn't lonely anymore and i was happy but still i couldn't open up that much to them even if i tried to...its just so awkward. Sure we talk a lot and joke around each other..but i just couldn't talk that much. All i did was laugh a little and be so happy on the inside...forgetting my worries.

About being engaged to Suji, it was last year....and it broke off earlier in january this year . My parents broke it off. I was so angry when they first told me about it. My mom told me i had to do it as the company was going down and all and that i didn't need to worry about it since they'll break it off again. I felt like i'm just  a puppet for them. But i signed the contract anyway..since it was for a year only and i didn't want their years of abandoning me to go waste .The guys don't know about it too , i didn't tell them since it wasn't important and to be broke off anyway..."he ended.

I just chuckled.

"What?" He asked.

"You're a good son.^_^"

"I don't wanna be their son:("

"But you are...Myung. I can understand how you feel... but i don't want you to regret things"

"I know...but i want them to feel how i felt back then."

"Revenge?justice??"i joked. He smiled sadly 

"Myungsoo...if revenge is called justice  then it just becomes a chain of hatred which you'll surely regret if its against people who you love....even if you deny they aren't"

He look at me confused.

"What i'm telling you is...Its never too late for you...i regretted the times when i had arguments with my parents  ....i never get to say sorry for it too...I'm sure they don't want me to be sad now so i just live with a smile. I was so shocked when i heard about them that day, i couldn't believe it. I wasn't in my right mind for days...but i just collected myself and accept it as fate.If not that i won't be able to go forward which my parents would never want. I'm not saying i think your parents ....you know. I'm just hoping that you  won't regret anything in your life. I won't want it Myung..."

"never too late huh? I understand it now.....but--"

"Whatever you're living with right now , its with the hardwork of your parents Myungsoo.I too think that they have gone far...too far...i agree..but still all of this would belong to you one day. They are doing this all for you at the end. Can..you think it in a positive way? I don't want you to have regrets. You're my friend  ...Myung, a precious one, my first and the one i can trust the most for now. Can you let it go and open up for the best ..at  least try to     please?"i asked hoping a positive answer from him.

He didn't answer for a while and just look at me. After a while he nodded. I smiled genuinely .

"Ok . Anyways, earlier today...i was hoping you would be curious about the engagement thingy."he suddenly said randomly.

"Why?" I asked still confused about it.

"I don't know. I felt like i wanted to come clean about it with you."

I nodded not really understanding what he was refferring to.

"Yumi.."he  called me out again.

"Hmm.."

"Do i look really unattractive to you?"  

I was totally confused. Why is he suddenly asking me this? Ijust gave him a confused look.

"N..n..nevermind.Its late i'll go...goodnight!" He said and rushed out leaving me confused.

 

At Myungsoo's room-----

MYUNGSOO'S POV

I lied down at the bed  staring to nowhere. I realised that she really doesn't feel anything more towards me...more than friends; I was at her Friend zone.

When i asked her if  she was curious about the engagement, i  hoped that she would. I wanted to hope for a little, a very little hint of jealousy...but no she wasn't even curious,as expected to be honest.

I realised two things today...

That she just see me as her precious friend nothing more...and

I felt the opposite...she's more than a friend and that what i denied before  wasn't something i  could deny anymore,

                       I Love Her...