Guilt.

Fate 【ON HOLD】

 

 

   "Umm..I'm Daehyun's younger sister."she said slowly. Myungsoo's eyes widened.

Jung Daehyun, he was the son of Myungsoo's butler meaning this girl before him is also his daughter.

"Mr.Jung's daughter?"he asked with a raised eyebrow not really sure.

The girl brightened and nodded. Daehyun wasn't that close with Myungsoo. But he was always brought to his house by Mr.Jung to play with Myungsoo when he was a kid so that he won't be lonely. Too bad he was stubborn always when the elder boy tried to approach him and wasn't able to have a close relationship . Its not that Myungsoo didn't like the elder kid, he just wasn't able to open up like he did to the 6 guys, then. Besides, the elder kid always looks out for him even if they didn't have much talks. Myungsoo knew it but his insecurity for trusting people didn't let him able to accept the elder one. Myungsoo also knows that the elder kid knows him very well even without many talks, after all he came every weekends to his house for 2 years without missing a day which kinda made him guilty. But when he was ready to accept him as a friend, it was already late as the kid stopped coming because Myungsoo met the 6 guys already and he kinda goes to Sunggyu's house or the other's on weekends. Myungsoo ask to Mr.Jung about his son once but seems that his dad helped him study abroad already and he didn't get to meet him after.

It was a silent friendship between them. Myungsoo as a kid did thought about being friends once he's back. But he didn't hear anything about him till now. He never asked his butler too as his pride came first and just like that it came as a memory he kinda pushed back long ago.

"Oh..i see . How's your brother doing?" He asked curious but trying to sound normal.

The girl looked shocked when he asked that. She kept quiet.

Did i say something wrong?**

He saw her gulping down slowly nervous.

"Oh..seems like you didn't heard about it"she said looking down slowly.

Heard what??**

"O..o..oppa passed away last year.."she muttered slowly stuttering , tears making its way on her eyes.

Myungsoo was shocked, eyes wide. The other guys look at their side kinda hearing their conversation and slowly stood up one by one leaving the two to talk about the tragic thing.

"H..how?" He tried to say something but only that escaped his mouth.

The girl blinked off her tears and smiled.

"Uh..he got uh..into a road accident last june..and l..left us" she choked a bit.

Myungsoo couldn't say a word. Now that it sinked in, Mr.Jung took his leave for about a month last year for personal business which he just shook it off. That was it. Guilt rushed over him not knowing what to say or do.He did like the older kid a lot and even thought about being able to approach him once he's back. He blamed himself in his mind for forgetting a person who once looked genuinely after him.

"S..sor..ry..I I didn't know" slipped from his mouth unconsciously.

"Its okay. Lets just hope that God's taking care of him well."the girl said trying her best to sound chirppy.

He nodded slowly still not wanting to accept it.

"He told me about you a lot and even complimented you over me saying this and that. I kinda wanted to meet you as my brother considers you as his best friend"

Her words weren't helping the poor boy. Guilt with more guilt flows through his body. He gulped trying to calm himself.

"Uh..Jin.."

"Jinhee "she smiled and said it for him.

"Jinhee shi. Can we talk about it outside?"he asked as the atmosphere doesn't really suit the place to which she nodded.

They walked out, realised it was already dark and went to the cafe next to the club and she ordered coffee.

"Myungsoo shi..??" She called as she saw the other in his own world.

He snapped back.

"Oh..i'm sorry. I kinda--"

"Its okay. You don't need to feel bad about it. Can we be friends?"she asked to which the male nodded unconsciously.

"Actually , i'm his twin"revealed Jinhee as the Myungsoo widened his eyes at her.

"So...i'm your noona i guess hehe"she giggled a bit.

Myungsoo nodded .

"He was right. You seem to be the quiet type. Didn't change..i see"she said.

Myungsoo blushed wondering how much the other knew him.

"I'm working as an intern at your dad's achitechture dept..so i kinda asked to Mr.Kim and my dad about you a bit sorry..hehe."she said nervously at the younger guy's quietness.

"Its okay."he said. Myungsoo remembered Daehyun being older than him by 4 yrs so basically Jinhee is too so its possible that she's a newbie at work. But she didn't look that older than him.

"Jinhee sh--"

"Noona , just call me noona..we are friends right?"she asked trying to lift up the mood.

"N..noona.."he blushed a bit. Can't help . Its his first time addressing  a girl 'noona' okay??not to mention the second girl next to Yumi that he has talk to for quiet some long minutes.

"I'm sorry..i really didn't know--"

"I told you its okay. Anyways, i can talk to you casually , right?"she asked a bit free now.

He nodded and she smiled.

"My brother told me many things about you . So i was really curious about you and now i finally get to meet you."she said happily 

 

Myungsoo was still guilty but shook the thought off for the time being and tried to know more about Daehyun . Its too late now, that he knew but he still wants to genuinely make up for it. He tried his best to talk comfortably with the older girl so that she too will feel comfortable around him. He doesn't want to regret anymore. That he learnt from Yumi and he was going to accept everything in a positive way now---starting from getting close to this noona and accept her as one of his friend which he wasn't able to, to her deceased twin . His mind was too occupied right now and their little chat was kinda turning long with all the things he missed about Daehyun, totally forgetting that its late. Late for something important.

 


 

 

Yumi was waiting outside her workplace wondering why Myungsoo's late again. But she was a patient girl so she waited and waited and waited until 30 mins passed. She didn't want to call him up and ask him where he was and why he's late..that's not her place to do. That sounded bossy and she didn't like the thought of doing it. She was worried but stayed positive as usual.

But another 30 mins passed and she was getting scared not because she was alone but because she was really worried about the male. He wasn't there when she came back from Luhan's too but shook it off as he might be with the boys. She isn't going to hesitate anymore in calling him up or the boys maybe, so she took out her phone and pressed the button only to lit up 3-4 seconds and black out with a 'plump'.

"Crap!" She hissed and remembered going to Luhan's with half battery and Lucy playing with her cell phone earlier before they played hide and seek .

"Aish...not now!"she started shivering from nervousness not knowing what to do. People walking, were getting lesser and lesser by the moment.Should she head back...alone?..What about Myungsoo..??Where's he?She gulped hard.

She looked around again to search for some help  but saw no one. A little no. of people was still around but almost all of them were men..which she wouldn't dare to ask for help and same reason for not taking a cab too.

She turned to her right shivering in nervousness but froze when she heard quick footsteps towards her from behind. She tried to turnback but suddenly got pulled roughly to hit a lean body. She was shocked and terrified , eyes wide , holding a breath.She tried pushing him , struggling to break free from the tight embarace closing her eyes , fighting back the tears but stopped when he mumbled something through her hair.

 

         *****

Myungsoo was walking back home thinking about Daehyun with a heavy shoulder totally forgetting about Yumi when suddenly , his phone rang.

"Oh..hyung?"

"Myungsoo ya. I know you won't have it but Yumi might . But her phone's off so can you go over to her and ask about the 5 important question format for physics??"asked  Sungyeol said from the other line which made Myungsoo chuckle.

"Since, when were you so studious hyung??"he teased.

"I'm always! So now go. Pliz."

"I'm not at home now . I'll ask when i reach."

"Eh?? Its 8:20 now. Aren't you supposed to be home with her from work by now??"

Myungsoo froze at Sungyeol's words and gulped.

"Or are you guys eating ou---Myungsoo? Myungsoo!?"the other line said as Myungsoo didn't answer him for his previous question.

"H..h..yung. I'll call you later."saying that he cut off and sprinted towards the girl's work place. She might be at home but somethings telling him to go there. Knowing her, she might even still be waiting till now. He tried to call her as he ran but her cell is off. The block wasn't that far so he sprinted at his best. The road was empty, dark and frightening.

Guilt, worry, frightened written all over his face. He still remembered that day clearly. He was scared. He had promised himself he won't let it happen again but this scary and crazy thoughts came over his mind making him hate himself over and over again. His heart beat crazily . He felt something cold ran down his spine. No nothings going to happen**Never did he felt this scared and worried for someone. He was wishing for her to be at home safely by now.

But something was pulling him far from a positive mind-set which made his eyes tear up involuntarily, cold sweat running down his forehead. How can he forgot about her??

 

 

He stopped running as he reach the area, having heavy breathes looking everywhere here and there but froze when he saw the way too familiar figure , there , turning her back on him, still in front of the shop, letting him to have only one thing in his mind right now---which he did.

He felt the girl froze in his arms but pushed him and struggled, the next moment , to let go of her  which he couldn't. Even if he knew she'd be more scared, his body didn't agree . He hugged her so tightly not wanting to let go, face burrying in the girl's hair , taking in her scent that he missed the most right now.

"I'm sorry"he mumbled through her hair which let the girl stopped pushing him back. She couldn't hear him or his voice properly but came to know its him from the scent she came familiar with not too long ago. She breathe out relieved and lean back to him, when she felt her shoulder wet ..thats when she knew he cried.

"I'm so sorry..."he repeat his words again clearer than before, still desperately hugging the petite girl. "Its okay"he heard her mumble back . The girl tried to lean back but the boy didn't let her pulling her back. He wanted this to lasts longer.

Yumi just softly patted his back trying to say she's okay. Both of them could feel their heart beating in sync. Yumi just thought it was because she was frightened and scared a minute ago but Myungsoo knew better. Myungsoo's breath calmed down with ease , slowly.

He wanted more at this moment but knew he didn't have the right to , so he hesitantly lean back but left a soft peck on her forehead to which the girl blushed but unfortunately he didn't notice it.

"Why didn't you call me?"the male asked softly.

"You must be busy besides my phone is dead"she replied.

"Why didn't you go back?"he asked again.

"I knew you would come . I was worried and scared but its better to stay positive , right?"she asked back to which the male chuckled.

"Pabo." He said which made the girl frown. Myungsoo snickered.

"You should've just gone home if it was late."he said.

"But it was toooo••• late when i had that thought , that i was sooo••• scared to go back alone" she said honestly exaggerating the 'too'  and 'so' part trying to make him feel guilty just as a joke.

The boy knew it but she was too cute for him to handle. If she was only his , he knew he would be able to own that little lips of hers but he knows the better for now. He pulled her cheeks on both sides making the girl to yelp in pain as he giggled.

"Ah!ah--.s..stopAH!Myung!!" He laughed and retreated his hands.

"What was that for!?"she spat.

"For being too••• cute. Don't act soooo••• cute or i might just kiss you next time"he said mimicking her as a joke even if it really wasn't a joke.

"Lets go "he said smiling and turn to walk ahead totally oblivious to the girl who was blushing like crazy.

What the??**W-w-as that a joke?

Myungsoo turned back and frowned as she just stood there . He walked behind her, and push her shoulder slowly from the back turning his frown into a smile.

"Btw, Can i ask why you ran late? or are you going to get angry because i asked like you did last time??"she asked turning back a bit relieved and happy that her Knight in Shining Armour is with her now.

Myungsoo chuckled at her and nodded 'yes' at her first question and shook his head a 'no' to her 2nd question to which Yumi chuckled back.

"So , why?"she asked.

"I'll tell you at home :)"

Yumi nodded and they head back together smiling.

 

***

They reach back home by 9 . Just as they stepped in the male's phone rang to which he picked up without looking at the caller ID.

"Yes..."he answered calmly.

"YAH KIM MYUNGSOO!! WHY DID YOU SUDDENLY HANG UP ON ME?? DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS!!?"shouted Sungyeol from the other side to which Myungsoo kept his phone farther from his ear.

"Sorry..something came up"he said feeling guilty. He knew Sungyeol  was genuinely worried.

"And what is it?"

"I'll explain later"

"Ok Then How about What i had Asked You Before??"he asked anger visible through his tone

"What did you asked before??.".Myungsoo felt more guilty now. It was because of the unpredicted circumstamces that came his way but still.

"Ah...you see. I'll pass to Yumi ..talk to her yourself"he remembered and said passing it to Yumi who knows nothing and just shrugged when she gave him a look.

"Hello??...oh..oppa"she said and slowly walked up to her room after indicating Myungsoo that she 'll bring it up with her as Sungyeol was asking something about Physics.

Myungsoo smiled but it soon turned into a frown.