Chapter 9

Unexpected Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun slowly opens his eyes as he groans in pain. His head feels weird but at least it doesn't hurt anymore. Baekhyun slowly sits up as he looks confused around him. Like he thought, he's alone. Baekhyun holds in a sigh as he puts a hand against his head. His head still feels weird, but at least it doesn't hurt anymore. Oh god, what was that intense pain he felt and where did it come from?

 

“Baekhyun? Are you awake? Thank god, you're awake.”

 

Baekhyun looks at the door that had gotten open without anyone knocking on it. In the door opening stands a relieved Xiumin who hurries to walk into the room and over to Baekhyun's bed.

 

“How are you feeling? Are you feeling better?”
“Yeah... I-I'm sorry about last night, I just woke up and then my head begun to feel like it would explode...”
“About last night... Did you hear anything?”
“I woke up because of the shouts and then my head begun to act weirdly.”
“I see... I'm sorry for waking you up.”
“It's okay, I'm rather sorry for making you all worry about me.”
“Yeah, Mr. Park got really scared back there. You should go and see him as fast as possible, he's in his room.”
“Isn't he sleeping?”
“He said he can't sleep until you have seen him.”
“O-Okay, then I better go and see him right away.”
“Are you sure that your head is alright?”
“Yeah, it just feels a little weird, but it doesn't feel like it's going to put me in pain again.”
“Okay, but be careful. We don't want to worry Mr. Park more than necessary. He... has enough of his own problems to worry about.”

 

Baekhyun nods as he remembers last night and the middle aged man who appears to be Chanyeol's grandfather. Last night Baekhyun got this sudden pain after seeing the grandfather, but why? His blood red eyes even saw Baekhyun before he left, Baekhyun is sure that he did see him.

Baekhyun carefully gets out of his bed while Xiumin watches him carefully. Baekhyun feels quite normal, which means that last night something weird must have occurred. Maybe it was some kind of moon magic that affected him? He does remember that his father once became strange because of the moon magic that affected him weirdly.

 

“I'm fine Xiumin, so don't worry about me. I'm not sure, but there might have been some moon magic that affected me weirdly last night, so there is nothing to worry about.”
“Are you sure about that? Lay said that you passed out of exhaustion.”
“I admit that I felt quite weird last night, but I'm fine. Really.”
“Okay, then... Then I won't stop you.”
“Thank you for worrying about me Xiumin, you're the best.”

 

Xiumin just smiles at Baekhyun who slowly makes his way out of the room and towards Chanyeol's room. It feels weird to walk towards Chanyeol's room since Baekhyun has never been in it before. Baekhyun hesitates before he reaches his hand out to the door and carefully knocks on it.

It doesn't take many seconds before the door gets opened by a tired looking Chanyeol who stares down at Baekhyun. For a couple of seconds, his eyes looks really relieved, but then they change as Chanyeol reaches his hand out and grabs Baekhyun's wrist gently. Chanyeol carefully pulls Baekhyun into the room before he closes the door behind him.

 

“C-Chanyeol, a-aren't you tired? You should go to bed. X-Xiumin told me that you got worried and that I had to see you before you would go to sleep. So I came to say that I'm-”
“You scared me like hell last night...”

 

Chanyeol's eyes are filled with pain, but he still looks relieved. Baekhyun slowly begins to feel guilty as he looks down at the floor instead of staring back into Chanyeol's pained eyes.

 

“Baekhyun... Are you really alright?”
“I'm fine... I just feel a little weird, that's all.”
“Did you... wake up last night because of me and my guest?”
“Well... Yes, I did, but I didn't really mind it-”
“Did you hear anything?”

 

Baekhyun feels how he can't answer Chanyeol. He can't lie to Chanyeol, because Chanyeol seems to know when he's lying and he might get angry if Baekhyun even tries to lie. But Baekhyun doesn't want to say that he stood and listened and even watched Chanyeol argue against his own grandfather.

 

“Baekhyun, did you hear anything?”

 

Baekhyun feels how it becomes harder and harder to open his mouth as he just stares down at the floor. He's ashamed of himself for not being able to face Chanyeol like this. He's ashamed of himself for eavesdropping on Chanyeol when it's none of his own business. But still, he's more ashamed to know that Chanyeol truly doesn't care about him.

 

“Baekhyun... Please... Just answer me.”

 

Chanyeol's hand suddenly touches Baekhyun's jaw which startles him slightly. He didn't expect Chanyeol's warm hand touch him like this. Chanyeol gently tilts Baekhyun's head up to face him while Baekhyun stares into the pained deep brown eyes in front of him. The coldness Baekhyun usually feels from the eyes is gone and is replaced with pain and pain only.

 

“I'm sorry... I... I did... I did hear... quite a lot...”
“So you know that... my grandfather wants to kill you?”

 

Baekhyun gulps when he hears the words, but it's probably true that Chanyeol's grandfather wants to cut Baekhyun's head off. Baekhyun did hear that middle aged man say something like he wanted to kill him before Baekhyun accidentally met his eyes. The moment Baekhyun's eyes met the middle aged man's eyes, the pain inside of his head took over. The more Baekhyun thinks about last night, the more his head begins to act weirdly.

 

“Are you aware of me not being able to be a part of my own family now?”
“Yes... I'm sorry... I-It's my fault, isn't it?”
“It's my own fault, not yours. I chose this, not you.”
“Chanyeol... I'm truly sorry... A-Ah... M-My head...”
“Baekhyun? Are you alright?”
“It hurts again... M-My head...”
“Try to not think too much, okay? Come here, sit down.”

 

Chanyeol is fast to lead Baekhyun further into the room and helps Baekhyun to sit down onto the quite big bed. Baekhyun feels kind of awkward, but the weird pain inside of his head begins to come back and stops him from thinking about the embarrassment he feels. He holds a hand against his poor head while holding back a groan that wants to escape his mouth. Why does his head feel like this? It's like you have a hangover and a huge headache is slowly sneaking up on your already sensitive brain that is already in pain and confusion.

 

“I will get Lay, he can probably help us-”
“P-Please don't leave me... Not alone...”
“But you need help-”
“Chanyeol... Please, I'm fine... I just need to rest a little.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes, I'm fine... Please, just sit down.”

 

Chanyeol slowly sits down beside Baekhyun on the bed. He hesitates to do so, but after a couple of seconds he sits down beside Baekhyun who manages to calm down his poor head. What is wrong with him? Why is he acting like this? Why is his head spinning whenever he thinks about the middle aged man from last night?

 

“Are you sure that we shouldn't get Lay?”
“Is Lay some kind of doctor or what?”
“Actually, he does have an education within the medical career.”
“W-What? And he's a chef?”
“He's a vampire, he has lived for quite long and he can't work within the same area for his whole life. He needs to switch job and area from time to time, just like everyone else.”
“I see... Well, he's kind of weird if you ask me...”
“Yeah, I know, but he knows what he's doing.”

 

Baekhyun suddenly realizes that he's having a normal conversation with Chanyeol for the very first time. It feels weird since they're talking so casually, Chanyeol has been so cold and harsh towards him during Baekhyun's time here. What has happened to him? Maybe... Chanyeol acts all cold and harsh towards Baekhyun because of his family situation?

 

“Uhm Chanyeol... About last night...”
“What is it?”
“I couldn't help to hear what you said about peace... I-I don't know if it will make you feel better or worse if I say this, but I also only came here to gain peace within our races. I don't know if it's such a great thing for me to say this, but... I couldn't help but to feel glad to hear that you also think about the peace declaration as much as I do.”

 

Chanyeol stares at Baekhyun for a while in silence as Baekhyun looks down at his feet that kicks in the air lightly. It feels weird to sit like this beside Chanyeol, but it kind of feels good. Baekhyun had no idea that being near Chanyeol like this wouldn't make him nervous or scared. He actually feels kind of comfortable.

 

“I'm not sure if I should be happy to hear what you said or not...”
“Me neither, but I hope you didn't take it wrong.”
“I think I should take that as a good th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter