Chapter 12

Unexpected Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

“Is Baekhyun asleep yet?”
“Yes, I checked just in case he would try to find us later.”
“Good, then we can start planning.”

 

Chen and Xiumin nod while Chanyeol picks up a couple of documents. He reads them through as he sighs. He isn't really sure how to do this, he has never done anything like this before. But he will probably come up with something eventually. He hopes he does.

 

“Hey Chanyeol... You told us to prepare everything for tomorrow.”
“Don't tell me you haven't.”
“We have already told both Kyungsoo and Lay to be here tomorrow and we also prepared your room as well.”
“Good.”
“But the problem is... We think Baekhyun isn't really in the mood for something like this.”
“I know that... Don't you think I know how homesick he is?”
“Then... why don't we do it another time?”
“No... It has to be tomorrow... Or I will have to wait for a whole month.”
“It's not like you're in a hurry.”
“All the other couples have gotten engaged or will get engaged within this weekend. I can't be the last one, can I?”
“It's just Friday.”
“It's still Saturday tomorrow and then it's Sunday and then I will have to wait for a whole month.”
“Then we should try to find as many things that will make Baekhyun feel really happy tomorrow during the day until you come back home.”
“But what will make him really happy?”

 

Chanyeol sits and thinks a little about it while he curses on the inside. He knows exactly what would make Baekhyun really happy, but he can't allow that. Not until they're married... Chanyeol sighs as he leans back in the chair to think even harder and deeper about this.

 

“What about chocolate or candy? We have strictly forbidden candy and chocolate and the only sweets he gets is home baked cookies that isn't filled with .”
“That's a good beginning.”
“If he would prefer ice cream, give him that as well after his lunch. Also, prepare a huge warm bath filled with rose pedals and something sweet smelling for him. That should make him happy too I think.”
“What scent should we pick to the warm bubble bath?”
“Ask Lay if he knows if Baekhyun has any favorite fruit, then try to find something that smells similar to it.”
“Kya, you seem to know your things Chanyeol.”
“I don't, I'm just thinking about what I have seen in movies.”

 

Both Chen and Xiumin sigh as Chanyeol closes his eyes. What else is necessary for tomorrow? Flowers? Probably. But what kind of flowers? He has no idea what Baekhyun likes and what he doesn't. Maybe he's allergic? No, then he would have reacted to the flowers around the house for a long time ago.

 

“Flowers... We need flowers.”
“Ah, he loves white roses and Lilies.”
“Then get both of them and make sure its a nice bouquet.”
“As you wish sir.”
“ Will we need anything else?”
“Do you have the most important thing you need tomorrow already?”
“Yes, it's exactly how you wanted it.”
“Good, then I have nothing else I want to fix for tomorrow. Just make sure that Baekhyun feels happy and doesn't think too much about his family.”
“We will try our best. Is that all you need from me?”
“Yes Chen, you can leave now and start preparing. Xiumin, I still need your assistance with some paper work.”
“Of course Mr Park, I will stay right here to help you out.”

 

Chanyeol nods a quick thanks to Xiumin and then he nods goodbye to Chen who hurries to bow before he takes his leave. Then they all go back to work since they still can't afford to take it too easy all day and night long. After all, tomorrow is a very important day.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun has a hard time to fall asleep. His mind is keeping him awake by the thoughts of his family and how far away he might be from them. But he begins to feel a little better. After all, he knows that his family is alright and safe. And they know he's alright and safe as well. Also, he has gotten more strength from them to keep on going.

For a while, he almost forgot why he's here. He forgot that he's here only for them and that he truly wants to bring peace to their kind; to everyone. Baekhyun takes a deep breath as he closes his eyes. The moon is shining bright outside. Tomorrow it will be full moon and Baekhyun is pretty sure that he will be totally protected tomorrow.

Baekhyun suddenly opens his eyes when he realizes something, he hasn't seen the full moon or the moon for a very long time. Before he would go out a lot, sometimes at night just to see the starry sky and the beautiful moon. He can't believe that he hasn't taken his time to adore the night sky for this long.

Baekhyun sneaks up of his bed as he makes sure to not make too loud noises. Baekhyun walks with light and gentle steps over to the big window as he stares out at the beautiful night sky. Baekhyun feels how all his worries and problems get washed away in the moon's beautiful light.

Slowly he sits down onto the floor in front of the big window as he stares out at the sky with all the small stars. The power from the moon fills him as he closes his eyes. He can sense the milky light wash over him and fill him up. He didn't realize how empty he feels on power until now. The moon is very important to him and his kind, therefor he shouldn't forget to appreciate the moon like this.

 

“Please... give me the strength to keep fighting... Dear goddess... please grant me... your deepest love you can effort... and the most joyful bath of all times... Dear goddess... please watch over my family... and watch over the ones I love the most...”

 

Baekhyun lets his prayers echo silently in the room as he prays to his goddess. He hopes that no one hears him except the dear goddess of the moon. Baekhyun then slowly opens his eyes as he smiles up at the sky. He thinks he will stay here for a little longer, just so he can make sure that he has admired the sky long enough. If possible, he will try to do this tomorrow night as well.

Baekhyun watches the sky for a long time and he doesn't notice how he lies down on the floor. Then he closes his eyes and slowly drifts off to his own dreamworld. At that moment he doesn't even realize that he's lying on the floor. No, at that moment he just enjoyed the moon and the sky while he gathers courage and joy from the moon's beautiful light.

 

***

 

“Baekhyun, wakie wakie!”

 

Baekhyun opens his eyes tired to find himself lie on his bed. That's weird, he's pretty sure that he fell asleep on the floor last night. W-What is he doing here then? Baekhyun hurries to sit up as he spots Chen stand by his bed with a big smile on his lips.

 

“Good morning sunshine!”
“C-Chen?! Y-You're here early today! Aren't you supposed to be home?”
“Not today. I felt the need to spend the day with you and Xiumin will be coming by lunch as usual.”
“Y-You don't have to do that. Oh Chen, you must be exhausted. You should go home right now and sleep a little. Else you will get really tired for the rest of the day.”
“Baekhyun, has anyone ever told you that vampires don't need to sleep?”
“W-What? Well... I'm sure that someone has probably mentioned it before... Now when you say it... Didn't Chanyeol tell me something like that?”
“We just sleep because we want too, so don't worry too much about me. Now, let's get you up so we can get the day started.”
“What time is it?”
“8 am of course!”
“Urgh... It's too early...”
“Hahaha, I was joking! It's already 10 am, so we really should get you up.”
“Okay... I'm coming...”

 

Baekhyun stretches his tired body out before he gets up of the bed. But he can't help to keep wondering: how did he end up in the bed when he's pretty sure that he fell asleep on the floor last night?

 

***

 

“I-I don't know... I-I d-don't want too...”
“Oh come on, just sing already! You know the words and all, so just sing already!”

 

Baekhyun blushes like a fool as he tries to open his mouth to sing the song Chen wants him to sing, but it's impossible. Baekhyun is too embarrassed to sing it out loud, he never sings in front of anyone if he doesn't have too.

 

“Geez, I guess it can't be helped then. Here, you play the song and I will sing then.”
“O-Okay.”

 

Baekhyun hesitantly switch place with Chen before he gently begins to play the calm melody on the piano. Chen begins to sing right away with his amazing and very powerful voice. It's almost scary how well he can sing. It's also a little sad that he stands here and sings only in front of Baekhyun and not in front of a thousand fans who would die to hear his lovely and powerful voice.

 

“See, it's not that hard.”
“Y-You're amazing Chen, I can't believe that you're still here.”
“What do you mean with that?”
“I mean, you have a real talent right there. You can sing really well you know.”
“Thank you Baekhyun, it makes me glad to hear that.”

 

Chen smiles happily and very satisfied at Baekhyun who smiles back. Suddenly, Xiumin comes into the room with a really big smile on his lips. Xiumin carries a small box with him as he hurries over to Baekhyun and opens it right in front of him. Before Baekhyun knew it, the sweet and wonderful scent of chocolate surrounds him. Oh dear goddess, how he has missed this wonderful scent!

 

“Baekhyun-ah, look what I got for you~”
“W-Woah, it's actually chocolate!”
“Yes. It's really fine chocolate, so you should definitely eat it.”
“Wait, it's to me?!”

 

Baekhyun gasps surprised as Xiumin nods and smiles big at him. Chen hurries to smile and nod as well to assure Baekhyun that he can eat it. But... What if Chanyeol finds out? Or maybe... it's Chanyeol who said that Baekhyun could have some?

 

“Come on, don't be shy. Pick one and taste it. It's delicious!”
“B-But... What if Chanyeol... finds out?”
“Oh, he said it's okay. The truth is, his sister sent this and he didn't want it. It's such a waste to throw it away, he said. Therefor he said it's okay for you to eat this for this time.”
“Then... Thank you for the treat.”

 

Baekhyun carefully picks up a small chocolate piece and shows it into his mouth. The sweet chocolate melts in Baekhyun's mouth so smoothly and gently, it's almost scary. The chocolate is perfect and really delicious too!

 

“Omo, it's delicious!”
“Here, have another one.”
“A-Are you sure?”
“Of course! Eat as many as you please! Oh and we got you a dessert today after the lunch if you would like some.”
“Really?”
“Yes, it's ice cream! Also, Chen will prepare a bath for you that you can take before the dinner. Chanyeol will be eating with you tonight.”
“Woah, really? That's... actually nice to hear.”
“We thought so too! Now, come here sweetie. Let's go and do something you want to do.”
“Really? Anything?”
“Yes, anything you like!”
“Then... I would like to go out on a walk.”
“I'm afraid we can only walk around in the garden though.”
“I'm fine with that too.”
“Then let's go out and take a small stroll around the garden while Chen help Kyungsoo prepare the lunch for you.”
“Okay.”

 

Baekhyun smiles happily as he takes another chocolate piece to eat. Woah, today seems to be a really great day! But he wonders why everything is so perfect. It's almost too perfect, isn't it? Or is it just Baekhyun's imagination?

 

***

 

“Kya, I smell so good! I mean, I smell really sweet! I smell cherries! How did you know that I love cherries?”

 

Baekhyun laughs happily as he sniffs his hand once again. The warm and lovely smelling bath truly did something amazing to him. He feels so fresh and clean and he smell cherries! Chen truly knows how to make an amazing bath! But isn't it weird? They have never d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter