Chapter 30

Unexpected Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

~It's dark... Everything is dark... Everything hurts... Tears are streaming down his cheeks and his body is failing him the longer he's running. Blood is streaming down his right arm, his cheeks and his left leg. It's becoming hard to run, his head is feeling light and dizzy and it's hard to breathe. The shadow is closing into him, it's calling him and chuckles whenever he stumbles and nearly falls. Eventually it reaches him, it grabs him and pulls him backwards and closer to it.

The shadow, whom is a tall man, forces him into his grip. He can't struggle against the man anymore, his body is too weak. He screams and cries, but even screaming and crying have begun to feel hard to do. He's scared. Everything hurts. He doesn't want to play with this man, he wants to go home. He wants his parents... He doesn't want to die...

 

***

 

“B... Baek... Baekhyun... Baekhyun? Please try to hear me... Baekhyun-ah...”

 

Voices... That's right, he can hear voices... But why is it so hard to open his eyes? He can feel a gentle and warm touch: someone is holding him. Sometimes something wet hits his face: is it raining? It takes some time before he finally manages to open his eyes. He can see his mother, though something is wrong. Her eyes are red and swollen and her cheeks are wet. She's crying while clinging onto him. He's so confused: where are they? Why is she crying?

 

“Baekhyun...? Oh my little boy...”

 

She gently pulls him into a warm embrace and is holding him gently. She's warm and smells good. Her scent is calming him even though he doesn't know why he's scared or upset. He can only close his eyes and let his tired mind rest for a little while...~

 

***

 

Everything is aching – literally. His head is aching, his back is aching, his throat is aching, his feet is aching; even his toes and fingers are aching. He doesn't remember when he woke up or when he came around again, but he hasn't been able to open his eyes for a while. He's tired or rather exhausted. He feels like he's dreaming from time to time, but then he wakes up only to feel sick and pain. He can't hear clearly which is strange and his head is aching violently in pure pain.

Eventually he finally opens his eyes, though something feels weird. When he opens his eyes he expected to see a white ceiling, but to his surprise someone is blocking his view. He feels how he stares right up at Lay who is staring down at him with his deep brown eyes: he looks scary serious. Has he even seen Lay being this serious before? He can't remember and trying to think about it only hurts. That's right, his head is hurting and trying to think too hard hurts. Why does it hurt so much?

 

“Baekhyun? Can you hear me?”

 

Lay gently grabs his head and tilts it to the side while studying his face. What is he doing? Ah, that's right... Something happened before he passed out, but he can't recall what. He must have worried everyone – again.

 

“Lay... Where am I...? Am I... home...? My head hurts...”
“It's alright, you don't have to worry. Your head will stop aching soon, I promise. Does your head hurt a lot? Is the medicine helping you at all?”

 

Lay gently grabs Baekhyun's head and twists it around slightly while watching him react to the moments. Luckily his head doesn't hurt physically, but it does hurt mentally. Why is head aching like this...? Why does he get a feeling that it's not something physical that has caused this pain...? Or... maybe there is something physical that did cause this...? He's not sure, but thinking too much at the moment only causes more pain.

 

“It doesn't look like his head hurts because of an external damage. With other words, nothing has hit his head to cause this pain. Though... I can't say if there is anything wrong with him or not... Baekhyun, where do you feel the pain around your head?”
“It's everywhere... It all hurts... It hurts to think too...”
“I see... It does sound rather strange... I... I have honestly never heard anything like this before... Your eyes don't show any signs of your brain being damaged and your head isn't swollen, so nothing has hit you to cause the pain... Though, you have a rather high fever that gets both worse and better within only a couple of minutes...”
“Lay, are you trying to tell us that not even you can tell what is wrong with him?”
“I'm afraid that whatever is causing this, it's not something I can figure out just like this. I don't believe there is something wrong with him – physically. Though...”

 

Lay looks rather troubled at Baekhyun who tries to focus his eyes on him. That's right, there are other people in the room. Now when he thinks about it, he can sense other people and he can even hear their voices. Though, his ears hurts. Why does his body hurt so much...? Why must his head ache all the time...? What is this pain...? He struggles to keep his eyes open, but a sudden wave of exhaustion washes over him. While Lay is talking to someone behind him, Baekhyun feels how he slowly closes his eyes even though he doesn't want too.

 

“I think that he's being affected by something else.... Treatment is... that's it cause... and...”

 

The voices around him slowly fades into a silent mumble in the background the more he closes his eyes. He can't take this pain any longer... Please, just make it stop... He will do anything, just make it stop... Dear goddess... Make it stop... Please...

 

***

 

~Young one... Why are you turning a blind eye to the truth...? Is it because of fear of getting hurt...? Ignorance is a fools way... Don't turn your back or look away – don't turn a blind eye to the truth. Look at it, accept it and embrace it... Fear... Hate... Love... It's all a part of the truth... Dear young one, open your eyes and see the truth in front of you...~

 

***

 

The night is dark and the scent of smoke and alcohol is lingering around in the air. The moon is shining brightly, but the tall trees are covering it's calming light. Where is he? Ah, that's right, he's not supposed to be out here. It's getting the late, the sun has even gone down. His mother is probably worried since he hasn't come back home yet and he promised to not be out after the sunset. He's standing in the rather dark forest which he wasn't supposed to enter on his own.

There is suddenly a man standing in front of him. He's smirking towards him, though something feels wrong. He smells funny and disgusting. His eyes are staring at him like a wolf stares at its pray. The man walks funny; he's stumbling slightly while chuckling silently. Why is he walking towards him? Is he lost in the forest? Maybe he's on his way home too?

 

“Hello little boy, what are you doing out here all alone? Are you lost?”
“I-I'm not lost, I'm on my way home. I was just playing with the butterflies.”
“Ah the butterflies! They're beautiful here, aren't they? But it's rather dark outside, are you sure a boy in your age will be alright on your own?”
“I can find my way home, no matter where I am. I have to go now, before my mom gets worried and comes out to look for me.”
“Little boy... Tell me... Are you perhaps alone out here? You haven't lost anyone?”
“No, I didn't lose anyone. I'm on my way home and came here alone. I just wanted to play with the butterflies since they're pretty.”
“I see... Well, I also want to play... Will you play a game with me?”
“I-I don't know... My mom will get worried and it's late... I want to go home.”
“Don't be shy, let's play a game... You and I... Let's see how fast you can run.”
“I don't want to play, I want to go home.”

 

Why does this conversation seem so familiar...? He doesn't like the fact that there is weird man standing in front of him. The tall man only smiles at him until he suddenly grabs his arm while smirking. It hurts, his nails are digging into his skin and there is pain all over his skin where the man is holding him. He's strong and easily lifts him up into the air only by pulling his arms upwards. The man is smirking at him with his white teeth and his bright shining eyes. Fear washes over him and he can't help but to scream and kick with his legs. He does everything he can to get out of the man's grip, but he can't. He's stuck and the man only grins at him.

 

“I told you that I wanted to play. You should have ran, little boy...”

 

The man smirks at him and his eyes suddenly turn red – blood red. His whole body reacts to the suddenly violent man and he kicks and screams with all his might. The man only smirks before he suddenly throws him to the side and lets him roll around on the ground before he manages to get back up on his feet. He's smirking happily while stumbling forward.

 

“Since you're so lively, let's play a game! Run little lost lamb, run for your life and let me have some fun will you? You don't have to worry, it won't hurt for too long. Let's have fun one last time, alright? I promise, I will finish you off quickly.”

 

Fear washes over him while the man stumbles towards him. He's chuckling silently before he gets ready to attack him. His body moves on its own, the man doesn't even have to try to attack him again before he begins to move. His legs begins to run and he feels how his heartbeat races quickly. His breathing becomes heavier while he stumbles down a small path that leads deeper into the forest.

 

“That's good boy! Keep running! Run for your life and let nature do it's job!”

 

The man suddenly begins to chase him, though he's much faster than anything he has ever seen before. He easily skips over small obstacles such as bushes, stones and dirt piles. He himself struggles to keep running with his slightly unsteady legs. The fear and the sudden shock makes it hard to control his body and the man easily catches up to him. He tries to grab him by his right arm, but he manages to dodge the sudden attack. Though, he did not get away from the man untouched. He feels how pain covers his right arm and how something warm and wet streams down to his hand. He cries in pain and nearly stops for a moment. But the moment he sees the man smirk at him with his red glowing eyes, his body begins to move again despite the pain.

He stumbles down the path while crying and running. His body has finally begun to realize the danger he's in and is slowly turning into a wolf. His muscles grows bigger, it's easier to see through the darkness with his eyes adapting to it and his ears pick up nearly every sound that is within 10 meters around him. Though, it's not enough for him to get away from the man. Once again the man easily catches up to him and appears right in front of him. The man smirks and tries to catch him, but he manages to take a sharp right turn. Though, once again he did not get away unscratched. Pain washes over him when he feels his left leg get covered in blood.

He trips slightly and hits the ground, but it doesn't stop him. He wants to live; he wants to live so badly! He forces himself up on his feet even though he can barely move his left leg. He struggles to move forward, but it's hard to run any further. Tears are streaming down his face while he keeps running. The man keeps chasing him, he forces him to throw himself to the sides and causes more and more pains to appear on his body.

His surrounding has become so dark and it's so hard to move. His head feels both heavy and light and it's hard to breathe. Finally he spots an open field with the moonlight covering it. The milky light is his way out of here, he only needs some of it to be able to get away. If he gets into the light, the goddess will protect him. He struggles to keep running towards the field while crying. He wants to live, no matter what! He wants to live!

Blood is streaming down his right arm, his cheeks and his left leg. It's becoming hard to run, his head is feeling light and dizzy and it's hard to breath. The shadow is closing into him, it's calling him and chuckles whenever he stumbles and nearly falls. Eventually it reaches him, it grabs him and pulls him backwards and closer to it.

The shadow, whom is a tall man, forces him into his grip. He can't struggle against the man anymore, his body is to weak. He screams and cries, but even screaming and crying have begun to feel hard to do. He's scared. Everything hurts. He doesn't want to play with this man, he wants to go home. He wants his parents... He doesn't want to die...

The man smirks happily at him, but he's suddenly looking pained. He chuckle silently, but he doesn't look the slightest amused. He can't move his body anymore, he's too tired. His body feels heavy and he's in no position to move. The man has a tight grip around him, there is no chance that he will suddenly let him go.

 

“Don't look at me with those eyes... Though... I'm sorry... It's not your fault... Don't be so scared, it won't hurt... I will make it quick, I promise... Please don't look at me like that, I'm just doing what is natural for me. You understand, don't you...?”

 

The man looks hesitant, but he then snaps out of it when he sees how much the boy is still struggling to get out of his grip. He doesn't want to die here, not yet. He wants to live... He wants to live...! He grabs the man's hands and tries to use his nails to scratch them, but the man doesn't even flinch. He only lets out a small sigh before he suddenly slams him down against the ground. Pain covers him and he feels how he loses all the strength he has left.

 

“You're mine little boy... Don't blame me after you're gone, it's only natural...”

 

Pain hits him and a scream echoes through the night. He can't see what is going on anymore, but it hurt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter