Chapter 13

Unexpected Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

“Byun Baekhyun, will you marry me, Park Chanyeol?”

 

Baekhyun stands speechless in front of Chanyeol. His mind is screaming and his heart is beating weirdly. His instincts tells him to stay, but also to go at the same time. He's so confused at the moment and he just wants to ask Chanyeol to wait. He just wants to tell him that he's not ready yet.

Chanyeol holds out a small black box and opens it slowly. A ring shines from the inside of the small box as Chanyeol smiles one of his warmest smiles Baekhyun has ever seen. If Baekhyun says no now, everything up until now will be pointless. If Baekhyun says no, he knows that there won't be any peace between the two races which he has worked so hard for.

 

“Baekhyun, will you marry me?”

 

Chanyeol repeats his question once again as he stares right into Baekhyun's deep brown eyes. Baekhyun feels how his heart is beating faster and faster by now and his mind isn't working correctly. Baekhyun wants to open his mouth and answer Chanyeol, but he's not sure what to say.

 

“Baekhyun? Is that... a no?”

 

Chanyeol begins to look really serious by now, like he got ready to scold and scream at Baekhyun because he hasn't answered Chanyeol yet. Baekhyun hurries to open his mouth, but the words are stuck inside of his throat. He really tries to say something, but it's like the words are glued to his tongue.

 

“I... I...”

 

Baekhyun struggles with the words as he tries to not freak out. He's so nervous right now, his hands are even trembling and his heart is beating faster and faster. Chanyeol begins to look a little impatient and Baekhyun knows very well that Chanyeol hates to wait, especially since he stands on one knee in front of Baekhyun.

 

“I... I...”

 

The words can barely escape Baekhyun's mouth. He's in shock, he can't speak properly. Chanyeol keeps staring at Baekhyun who tries to pull himself together, but his mind won't listen to him. He needs to say the words Chanyeol needs to hear to seal the deal! Just say it and everything will be fine!

 

“I, Byun Baekhyun, wants to marry you... Park Chanyeol.”

 

Finally the words gets pressed out of Baekhyun as Chanyeol smiles satisfied. Chanyeol hurries to stand up again, he really didn't like to stand like that in front of Baekhyun. As fast Chanyeol stands up, he picks out the ring from the small box and then puts the box away. Baekhyun stares at him nervously as he tries to calm himself down a little.

The truth is, Baekhyun doesn't want to do this. He doesn't want to marry Chanyeol, but he has too. Baekhyun finds it really hard to just look at Chanyeol from time to time. How is he supposed to marry someone he can't even look at properly from time to time?

 

“Baekhyun, may I borrow your hand?”

 

Chanyeol asks with his gentleman voice as he holds out his own left hand. Baekhyun hesitates a little before he slowly and very carefully reaches his left hand out to Chanyeol. Baekhyun's soft hand touches Chanyeol's slightly bigger hand that also feels soft. Baekhyun watches Chanyeol slowly and gently put on the ring onto Baekhyuns ring finger. Chanyeol looks so satisfied while doing it.

 

“It fits perfectly, just like I thought it would.”

 

Baekhyun only nods slowly while he stares at the ring. It fits him perfectly, just like Chanyeol said. It's a beautiful ring that isn't decorated with a thousand diamonds. The ring is simple and it's made of pure silver that have only one small diamond on top of it. It's simple, but Baekhyun wouldn't like it any better than this.

 

“What do you think?”

 

Chanyeol asks as he slowly lets go of Baekhyun's hand, but Baekhyun won't stand and study the ring. He's not really interested in getting married, but he does it because he has too. He almost forgot for a moment why he actually is here at this mansion and why he can't even see his family at the moment.

 

“It's... a very beautiful ring.”
“I thought you would say that.”
“It's simple and elegant... I like it.”

 

Baekhyun knows that he doesn't sound like the happiest person on Earth right now, but he's trying really hard to not look bothered. But now when everything is finally over, maybe Baekhyun can go back to his room? He's actually quite tired and if Chanyeol would force even more shocking things upon him, he's pretty sure that he won't be able to handle it.

 

“Not to be like that, but if we're done here-”
“We're not quite done yet.”
“N-Not?”
“There is one more thing I need to do to seal the deal. Didn't Mrs Lee tell you that every noble vampire family has a special engagement ceremony?”
“W-Well... She did say that, but she never told me your family's ceremony.”
“I'm not surprised that she didn't tell you. Okay Baekhyun, I need you to relax.”

 

Chanyeol tries to speak as calmly and assuring as possibly. Baekhyun isn't very calm, his hands have begin to tremble again. He's nervous. He doesn't like this feeling he gets, something will definitely make him feel really uncomfortable very soon.

 

“Trust me Baekhyun and just relax, okay?”

 

Baekhyun nods a little, but his heart is still beating crazily. Chanyeol takes a step closer to Baekhyun who gets really tensed, he can't relax like this! Baekhyun can hear how Chanyeol sighs quietly to himself before he puts his hands onto Baekhyun's shoulders. Baekhyun carefully glances up at Chanyeol who tries to smile a warm smile.

 

“Don't worry, it's nothing dangerous. Just relax and close your eyes.”
“C-Close my eyes?”
“Yes, I think it will be easier for you if you just close them.”

 

Baekhyun feels even more uncomfortable now, but he doesn't say anything. Baekhyun slowly closes his eyes as he feels Chanyeol's body warmth get closer to him. W-What is Chanyeol up to? Baekhyun feels even more tensed than before, even though Chanyeol told him to relax.

 

“Relax Baekhyun... Try to relax a little...”

 

Chanyeol is suddenly whispering to Baekhyun, which Baekhyun finds weird. It's like Chanyeol is trying to be calming and all romantic, but Baekhyun is only nervous and scared that he will screw up. Chanyeol takes another step closer to Baekhyun, he's as close as he can get without hugging him. Baekhyun feels even more nervous now when Chanyeol is so close to him. Chanyeol is totally silent: what is he doing? Baekhyun tries to relax, but he just can't. It feels like Chanyeol will do something that Baekhyun really doesn't like.

Baekhyun feels how he suddenly opens his eyes when he feels Chanyeol's breath close to his neck. Baekhyun was about to ask Chanyeol what he's doing, but before he can say anything, he feels how Chanyeol quickly grabs his jaw and tilts his head slightly to the right.

Chanyeol is fast to lean over to Baekhyun and all Baekhyun can see in that second is a pair of red glowing eyes. Before Baekhyun can jerk away from Chanyeol, Chanyeol is fast to pull Baekhyun closer to him. The pain shoots right through Baekhyun's body as Baekhyun lets out a painful scream.

He doesn't try to escape from Chanyeol though, instead his body just shuts off. Baekhyun can't move, he can barely breath. His heart is beating crazily and he can feel how tears begins to stream down his cheek. Baekhyun feels dizzy, something isn't right with him. He feels how a sharp pain from the inside of his head and he's pretty sure it isn't Chanyeol who does it. Baekhyun feels how he grabs Chanyeol's shoulders as he cries in pain, he hates this so much! Chanyeol, please stop it! Let go already!

 

“I-It hurts... Chanyeol it hurts!”

 

Chanyeol finally pulls out as he looks up at Baekhyun who loses all his strength. Baekhyun collapses right at the spot as he holds a hand against his head. It hurts so much. His neck hurts too: everything hurts.

 

“Baekhyun-”
“It hurts... Chanyeol... Make it stop... Please... It hurts...”

 

Baekhyun cries as he holds his head, but it won't stop hurting. Chanyeol hurries to crouch down to Baekhyun to help him, but before Chanyeol can do anything, Baekhyun feels how the pain grows stronger and he only screams in pain by now.

 

“B-Baekhyun! What's wrong?”
“I-It hurts! Make it stop! Make it stop!”

 

Baekhyun cries even more as he can hear something from the distance. There is a voice that says something he can't hear. But suddenly he can see a pair of red eyes stare into his soul. Baekhyun feels the fear grab him as the pain grows stronger and stronger.

 

“A-Argh!”

 

Baekhyun screams in pain until everything finally turns pitch black in front of his eyes and the pain disappears at the same time. He feels how he loses the power to stay awake and passes out on the very spot.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

“Baekhyun?! Can you hear me?! Baekhyun!”

 

Chanyeol feels worried: what did just happen?! Baekhyun just collapsed and then he says it hurts, but it's not the bite mark that hurts. Baekhyun just screamed and then he passed out. Chanyeol feels how he curses silently: he's not sure what to do. He should get Lay to come, after all he has been a doctor once.

 

“It hurts... Stop it... It hurts...”

 

Suddenly Chanyeol can hear Baekhyun's weak voice as he hurries to look down at the boy. Baekhyun is crying, but he's still passed out. Chanyeol can hear Baekhyun mumble in his sleep, but what he says doesn't really make sense. Chanyeol isn't even hurting Baekhyun anymore: so why would he still be in pain?

 

“Baekhyun? Baekhyun wake up. Hey, can you hear me?”

 

Chanyeol tries to wake Baekhyun gently as the boy slowly opens his eyes. He's finally awake again! Chanyeol sighs out in relief as Baekhyun stares confused up at him.

 

“C-Chanyeol...?”
“Yes, it's me. How are you feeling?”
“It hurts...”
“What hurts?”
“My head... It hurts...”

 

Chanyeol sits silently with Baekhyun in his arms. Baekhyun head hurts again and Baekhyun collapsed as well, just like last time. Chanyeol better try to get Baekhyun back inside to begin with, then he can try to figure out what is going on.

 

“Can you walk?”
“I don't know...”
“Then I will carry you.”
“Thank you...”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter