Chapter 24

Unexpected Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun stares up at the dark sky that gets filled with beautiful fireworks. His ears hurts slightly since he hears better than the others, but it's not painful. Chanyeol stands besides him, his hand is locked with Baekhyun's while they watch the sky. Luhan and Sehun are standing beside them, though Sehun is busy with embracing Luhan from the back and whispers in his ear between the fireworks.

It's a beautiful night and it's only a minute or two left before it's a New year. As fast the fireworks ends, Sehun suddenly shouts happy new year and Luhan joins him. Baekhyun looks over at Chanyeol who smiles before he joins Sehun and Luhan.

 

“Happy New year everyone!”
“Happy New year my friends! Let's enjoy this year to our fullest!”
“Let all the new couples and engaged people have a wonderful year!”
“H-Happy New year everyone.”

 

Baekhyun smiles at the others who talk happily about their new year that is ahead of them. There are actually quite many things that is going to happen this year, but the most important thing will be Baekhyun's and Chanyeol's marriage. That's right, they're getting married in April. It's not that far away anymore and they haven't even started to plan it. They haven't even sent out any invitations to it!

 

“Let's all have a wonderful year with lot of happiness, laughter and luck.”
“So, do you guys want to spend some time alone for the rest of the evening or do you want to hangout with me and Baekhyun for a little longer?”
“D-Don't say it like that! We won't be doing anything like that Chanyeol!”
“Not? I'm surprised, you never care whoever hears it or-”
“Don't even mention it! Geez, you will embarrass me and Sehun if you do.”

 

Chanyeol laughs, though Baekhyun isn't sure what they're talking about. He looks over at Sehun and Luhan and notices how they're blushing. He suddenly realizes what Chanyeol joked about: he thought they would go to their bedroom to have some “fun” on their own! Baekhyun is fast to slap Chanyeol's arm while blushing like a fool.

 

“D-Don't joke about such things! It's not only embarrassing for them you know!”
“What's wrong? Don't tell me that you actually thought we would be doing such stuff.”
“I-I did not do that! You're being a ert!”
“It's in my nature, to be a ert is a part of a man's body. Right Sehun?”
“I hate to admit it, but yes, it is a part of our nature.”

 

Luhan gasps and is fast to slap Sehun's arm, though it looks more flirty than angrily. Sehun laughs at his boyfriend while Luhan scolds him silently. They look to have fun with each other and they have already spent so many years together. Baekhyun feels how Chanyeol is trying to grab his hand again, though he seems to be unsure about it. Baekhyun looks back at the giant who gives him a weak smile.

 

“What do you want to do Baekhyun? Do you want to give those lovey-dovey people some space or do you want to occupy them a little longer before we go to our room?”
“I-I honestly don't know, but if you want to give them some space, then let's do so.”
“You two, we're going to let you have some time alone. You have your New year ritual to do, right? It takes a while, so I will leave it to you.”
“Oh right, we have to prepare the ritual! Are you sure that it's okay for us to just leave you guys alone? You came all the way here to spend some time with us.”
“It's alright, there is a day tomorrow as well. Like I said earlier to Sehun, we will be staying a couple of days like you told us.”
“Then please go ahead and do whatever you want. If you want us anything or if something happens, you can find us in the basement.”
“Goodnight you two, in case we don't see you before we go to bed. Good luck with the ritual thing!”
“Goodnight Baekhyun! Let's make pancakes together tomorrow morning!”
“Sounds great! I will see you in the kitchen around 10 pm?”
“Say 11 pm instead, I think this guy here won't let me leave bed until then.”
“Haha, if you say so! Then see you tomorrow!”

 

Chanyeol gently pulls Baekhyun with him while Baekhyun waves goodnight to Sehun and Luhan. They're staying outside a little longer to enjoy the sky that is slowly showing its hidden treasure: the stars. Baekhyun looks up at the sky while walking towards the house with Chanyeol. What are they supposed to do now? Are they going to go to bed right away or is Chanyeol planning on trying to work behind Luhan's and Sehun's back?

 

“So, did you tell Luhan that you enjoy cooking or something like that? It's not very often he invites people to cook with him.”
“He said he wanted to see my cooking skills and exchange kitchen secrets.”
“What is kitchen secrets? Do I even want to know? Actually, never mind, I don't want to know. Just don't get too used to stand in the kitchen.”
“Why not? I like being in the kitchen from time to time. Is it that wrong for me to cook?”
“It's not wrong, it's just unusual. We have more than enough money to pay for chefs to cook for us and Lay is our friend, isn't he? It would be mean to let him work less.”
“He would actually enjoy more days off, he said that himself. If you don't believe me, you can ask him yourself. Maybe you should let me cook at least once a month?”

 

Chanyeol only chuckles and helps Baekhyun take off his jacket as fast they enter the house. Baekhyun is a little surprised, Chanyeol is acting like a gentleman and he's not even trying to scold Baekhyun. Is he feeling alright? Baekhyun can't help but to be slightly suspicious, after all, the giant did act a little weird earlier today.

 

“Chanyeol... I don't want to be rude, but... Are you feeling alright? I can't help but to notice that you're acting a little strange today.”
“Let's just go to our room for now. We shouldn't disturb Luhan and Sehun, I don't want to get in their way. Come here, let's talk in our room.”

 

Baekhyun lets Chanyeol lead the way over to the stairs that leads up to the second floor. The house has three floors if you count the basement. The funny thing is, Luhan and Sehun have their bedroom in the basement because they hate to wake up to the sunlight during the morning. They're both vampires like Chanyeol, but they're the first vampires Baekhyun has heard sleeping in the basement. Though, the basement is very cozy and well decorated with small lamps and candles. Baekhyun wouldn't mind having a room like that if he's going to be honest, as long he get to see the moon and the stars from time to time.

They walk up to the second floor and down a corridor with five doors. One door is the bathroom, another door is a closet and the other remaining doors are bedrooms or rather guestrooms. Baekhyun and Chanyeol walks to the last door that is the furthest away from the stairs.

 

“Are you tired yet? Do you think you can stay awake a little longer or should I just assume that you will fall asleep the moment you get to sit down on the bed?”
“I'm not that tired, especially since you always come into our bedroom around 2 am in the morning. I'm not complaining, I'm alright with you going to bed around that time.”

 

Chanyeol chuckles while they enter the guestroom. There is a king sized bed in front of the wall across the room and on it's right side is a window and on the left is a drawer. The room is simple, but it's more than enough for Baekhyun and Chanyeol who are only going to stay for a day or two. Baekhyun lets go of Chanyeol's hand and hurries over to his side of the bed. He picked the right side of the bed the moment they stepped into the room and he doesn't care what Chanyeol thinks about it.

 

“I love this bed, it's big and it's normal! It's not one of those over expensive beds that you would buy. It's a simple bed and I love it.”
“Why do you keep saying those words as simple and normal? It's just a damn bed.”
“Sorry, I'm just glad to see something I'm used to. I wasn't raised in a rich family you know, I was raised in a normal family with normal circumstances.”
“Are you claiming that I'm abnormal? That I'm strange and weird?”
“No, I'm just saying that this is normal for me, but for you this his abnormal.”

 

Chanyeol lets out a small sigh before he closes the door and walks over to his side of the bed. Baekhyun watches the giant sit down on the bed with a long sigh leaving his mouth. Chanyeol closes his eyes for a couple of seconds and just enjoys the silence that falls over the room. Baekhyun tries to not stare at his fiance, though it's not going too well. He's curious about what Chanyeol is thinking about and what he's feeling at the moment. Is he relaxed or is he tired of faking his mood? Did he fake his laughter and happiness earlier too?

 

“Chanyeol... Can I disturb you a little longer? There is something I want to talk about.”
“Sure, go ahead. It's not like we have anything better to do anyway.”

 

Chanyeol sits up straight and looks over at Baekhyun. Chanyeol has suddenly become more serious, not cold but serious. Is he actually trying to take Baekhyun seriously? Baekhyun can't help but to feel a little amazed, but at the same time happy. This is how he wants Chanyeol to act around him all the time.

 

“I... I know this will sound weird, but... Did you notice something about me the past weeks that is different?”
“Different...? I'm not sure what you're talking about. What's different? Don't tell me that you cut your hair and you wanted me to notice.”
“N-No, it's not like that! I just... I just wanted to see if you would notice something or not, but you didn't seem to react to it at all. Chanyeol, I haven't been wearing the engagement ring for a month or so, but you didn't even notice.”
“It's because I didn't care. No offense, but if you don't like wearing it, then don't wear it.”
“It's not that I don't like wearing it, I just...”
“You just what? I don't understand what you're trying to tell me. Is there something wrong with the ring or are you too embarrassed to wear it?”

 

Baekhyun stares silently at Chanyeol before he lets out a sigh. Like he thought, Chanyeol does only think about business around him. He was right all this time and even Luhan predicted this. Why is it so hard for Chanyeol to forget about the business part all the time? Why is Baekhyun even reacting like this? Well, Baekhyun knows why, but he doesn't want to accept the truth. He doesn't want it to be true.

 

“Let's not talk about it, I just wanted to see if you noticed. Instead, let's talk about something else like... How was your day today? Have you enjoyed yourself?”
“I'm surprised how you're trying to change the topic so quickly. Are you hiding something from me?”
“I'm not hiding anything, I just didn't know what I wanted to tell you myself.”
“You're a very confusing man Baekhyun, do you know that? You say things, then cut yourself off and pretend you never said anything at all. It's almost a little annoying.”

 

Baekhyun chuckles and is about to say something about Chanyeol's annoying attitude, but then he stops himself. Does he want to start a third world war here or does he want Chanyeol to be the more comfortable person he is right now? Baekhyun would prefer the later.

 

“Baekhyun... There is still something I want us to do tonight before we go to bed.”
“If you're talking about the whole biting me thing, then forget it. I told you earlier-”
“Can you please just trust me about this? I promise you, it won't hurt.”
“Why should I trust you? Last time it did hurt and my head reacted strangely to it too!”
“Baekhyun, give me a chance to prove that vampires don't always harm people when they bite. Can't you trust me just for this once?”
“Why do you so desperately want to bite me? I don't get it.”
“Because first of all, vampires bite their partners during New year to strengthen their bound. Second, I could really need some blood right now. Third, I want you to learn to trust me.”

 

Chanyeol stares seriously at Baekhyun, but Baekhyun feels uncomfortable. The last time Chanyeol bit him ended badly, he doesn't want it to end like that again. It's New year and he doesn't want to start the new year with tears and screams, he wants to start it with laughter and joy. Is it that hard to understand?

 

“I don't want to be rude, but why should I trust you? You said you wanted blood, so-”
“Please learn to trust me. I promise you, if you just trust me, a lot of things will be easier for both of us. In the future, if something happens, I want you to be able to trust me. See this as a practice or a test, you can call it whatever you want! Just trust me on this.”

 

Why is he so damn persistent?! Baekhyun feels both angry and frustrated. He doesn't want to get bitten, but this damn giant is making some damn good points! Wait, what does he get out of this?! He shouldn't give into this!

 

“I-I don't know Chanyeol, i-it's nothing I feel comfortable with. I do trust you, I just-”
“You don't trust me good enough if you can't let me bite you. It doesn't have to be the neck, it can be the wrist or any other part of the body. Though the neck is easier to bite and it makes it less painful.”

 

Baekhyun sighs tired as he groans. Why is he so easily convinced to do those kind of things? This stupid giant is doing something to him, isn't he? He hates to admit it, but he has a hard time saying no to Chanyeol. Why can't he just say no and let it stay like that?

 

“D-Does it really not hurt? C-Can you really guarantee me that it won't hurt the slightest?”
“It will only sting in one second, not more. As long you relax and trust me, it won't hurt. I promise you, it won't hurt. I even dare to say that you will enjoy it.”

 

Enjoy it? Enjoy someone biting him and his blood? That's not very enjoyable! But if Chanyeol is saying that, should Baekhyun trust his word? Chanyeol is fast to get over to Baekhyun on the bed before he grabs his jaw. Baekhyun can feel how his heart beats weirdly the moment Chanyeol's fingertips touches his skin. What is this feeling?

 

“Just try to relax and trust me. I know it's strange, but I think you will like it-”
“T-Then if I let you do it... You have to let me do something as well.”
“And what is that? A werewolf thing?”
“Yes, a damn werewolf thing. Got a problem with it? It doesn't involve you, so you can rest assure about that part. I just want to go out one night, when it's full moon and do what I want to do without you watching me or following me.”
“Well... That's a very interesting request from you. How can I trust you and know that you won't runaway from me when I let you go out alone?”
“You have to learn to trust me Chanyeol, it's very important for our future together. You said it yourself, didn't you? If I have to learn to trust you, then you have to learn to trust me.”

 

Chanyeol chuckles while his fingertips Baekhyun's jaw and then slides down Baekhyun's neck. It's a soft touch and it's really strange, but Baekhyun likes it. Usually he would freak out, maybe try to bite Chanyeol's hand in anger and then scold him while trying to make some distance between them.

 

“Fine, I will accept your request. If you need it, then I won't say anything. I admit that I haven't seen you or heard you talk about your werewolf side for quite long now. I have only heard small details about you, but you haven't really shown me your wild side.”
“Wild side? Is that the best word you could find to describe my true nature? Really?”
“Then what should I call it? Your dog side? You would get pissed if I did, right?”
“Yes, I would. You can call it wild life if you want, as long you don't insult me.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter