Chapter 4

Unexpected Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun stares at himself through the mirror as he sighs. Chen and Xiumin isn't in the room anymore, they're downstairs and helps Yuri to prepare the dinner table. Baekhyun lets his hand gently touch his soft brown hair that lays perfectly.

 

“Well... I guess this is it...”

 

Baekhyun mostly mumbles to himself, but he's pretty sure that someone must have heard him if they're even near his room. Baekhyun slowly stands up from his chair as he stares at his clothes. He wears black jeans and a nice shirt to it, which makes him look pretty... cute. He likes it, but it's hard to explain how such simple clothes makes him look so elegant yet casual.

Baekhyun sighs as it suddenly knocks on the door to his room. Baekhyun is fast to turn around and waits patiently for the person to step into the room. Then he remembers that here in this mansion, you have to give people permission to enter your room.

 

“C-Come in!”

 

The door gets open fast as Chen exhales tired. He must be impatient, Baekhyun can tell by the way he stares at him. Chen walks fast over to Baekhyun and bows weakly at him, but he still shows respect to Baekhyun which feels really weird.

 

“Mr. Byun, the dinner is ready to be served.”
“O-Oh... Okay.”
“It means that you will have to come with me now.”
“Of course, I will just...”
“What?”

 

Baekhyun stares down at the floor as he gathers all the energy he has left in his body. He's kind of nervous, but mostly scared. Is he really ready to do this? Is he really ready to meet Mr. Park? The more Baekhyun thinks about it, the more nervous and scared he gets.

 

“Are you trying to gather courage or what? If you do, then you're not doing a very good job.”
“I-I know that...”
“Remember what we told you earlier? Do not ever leave Mr. Park waiting. He will cut my throat if we don't go down soon.”
“I-I'm sorry...”
“Sorry? For what? Don't tell me you're not going.”
“I-I don't feel so well... I-I feel dizzy...”

 

Baekhyun feels how he has to grab something as he grabs the chair he has been sitting on. Chen looks worried by now as he realizes that Baekhyun isn't trying to get away with anything. This is actually real.

 

“Please... Just give me a moment to calm down.”
“A-As you wish Mr. Byun... I will go and inform Mr. Park about this-”
“N-No, wait... I can still go... I just... Need to calm my head.”
“Are you sure? We're not used to sick people, but you're still close to a mortal human. You can't help it if you get sick-”
“I have to go... No matter what... I'm just nervous... That's all.”
“If you say so... Then sit down and take some deep breaths. I will get you some water, it will help.”

 

Baekhyun nods as Chen hurries to get him some water. Which means that Baekhyun will have a minute or two to calm his nerves. He's so nervous, he's almost trembling. He doesn't want to do this, but if he doesn't... Then there will be no peace, only more wars. He needs to do this.

Baekhyun slowly stands up as Chen watches him carefully. It looks like the water helped a lot to calm Baekhyun's nerves down. When they are about to leave the room, Xiumin comes rushing in as he looks really impatient.

 

“What are you doing? What is taking you so long? Mr. Park doesn't like wait-”
“Honey, don't say anything like that, please. I just managed to calm him down.”
“Calm him down...? What's the matter?”
“I'm so sorry, I felt so dizzy and it felt like I was going to faint. Please forgive me for being so delayed.”
“How are you feeling now? You're not sick, are you?”
“I-I'm fine, I'm just... really nervous and...”
“And?”
“I'm just really nervous to be honest...”
“We can understand that... But if you're not feeling well, then it's nothing that can help it-”
“I-I feel better now! I swear!”
“Are you sure?”
“It looks like he's fine compared to before.”

 

Chen speaks calmly as Xiumin eyes them both before he sighs and nods. Baekhyun slowly and steadily walks towards the door as Xiumin and Chen follow him in silence. They're probably watching him in case he would get all dizzy again.

 

“Is he mad?”
“Mr. Park? No, he's not mad to be honest. He's more... impatient.”
“Impatient in a good or bad way?”
“I think it's in a okay way, but I'm not sure.”

 

Chen and Xiumin talk quietly behind Baekhyun who still can hear them clearly thanks to his werewolf hearing. They arrive to the stair as Chen stops him and tells Xiumin to go downstairs first and tell Mr. Park they're on their way.

When Xiumin is gone, Chen turns to Baekhyun and makes sure he looks at least okay. He fixes Baekhyun's hair and shirt before he nods with a small smile on his lips. Baekhyun isn't sure if he's happy for real or not, but it feels kind of good to see Chen this calm.

 

“Now, don't try to act like someone else. Act like yourself, okay? But just... don't bring up the topic about family if Mr. Park doesn't. Also, don't mention your dizziness, else you might end up going to your room within the very second you mention it. If you now doesn't wish to go to your room that is. Don't hesitate to tell us if you're not feeling well.”
“I will, I promise.”
“Good, then we're ready to go. We will go downstairs and you will be greeted by Xiumin and Mr. Park, okay? I will introduce you, so you just have to say; Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Park.”
“Okay, I will do my best.”

 

Chen nods as they slowly walks down the stairs as Chen watches Baekhyun carefully. They then walk towards the dinning room when they arrive to the first floor. Chen is fast to lead the way as Baekhyun follows him without any hesitation.

The nervousness takes over Baekhyun even more by now, but he tells himself that there is nothing he can do than going in there and say hello. He just have to try to be himself as much as possible without making Mr. Park angry, that's all. And he will just have to keep in mind that he's only here because of his family and for his own race.

Chen stops by a door opening as Baekhyun slowly stands beside him and stares first at Xiumin, but then he sees how someone stands up from the dinning table and slowly and very elegant walks over to them. Baekhyun's eyes gets stuck at the tall body that is dressed nicely in pretty casual yet elegant looking clothes, just like his own.

Baekhyun's eyes meet the almost cold brown eyes that stares down at him before a small smile is formed on the young man's face. Baekhyun feels so relieved to see that the one he's going to marry is a young man, if this now is Mr. Park that is.

 

“Welcome to the dinner. I'm Xiumin and this is Chen, we're going to serve your food for tonight.”
“Let me introduce myself, I'm Park Chanyeol, the owner of the house and the one who asked you to come here.”

 

Baekhyun feels how his heart begins to beat weirdly when he hears the surprisingly deep yet pretty warm voice from the tall and almost cold looking young man. Chen is fast to clear his throat as he bows deeply.

 

“Sir, let me introduce the guest for tonight. This is Byun Baekhyun, your soon-to-be-fiance.”
“Good evening Baekhyun.”
“Good evening Mr. Park, it's a pleasure to meet you.”

 

Baekhyun bows deeply as he tries to smile as normally he can, but it feels like he tries a little too much. Chen doesn't look weirdly at him though, so everything must have gone pretty well this far.

 

“Oh my, what a lovely young man you are. Please, allow me to show you to your seat.”

 

Mr. Park asks nicely as he holds out his hand towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun isn't sure what to do yet, but lucky him Xiumin gestured Baekhyun to lend Chanyeol his hand. Baekhyun did as Xiumin gestured as Mr. Park gently pulls Baekhyun with him over to the dinner table. Chen is fast to pull out Baekhyun's chair as Chanyeol smiles and gestures Baekhyun to sit down.

 

“Thank you very much Mr. Park.”
“Oh please, call me Chanyeol.”
“As you wish, Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol smiles as he walks over to his side of the table and lets Baekhyun sit down. Chen helps Baekhyun with his chair before he's fast to stand next to Xiumin who has helped Chanyeol to sit down as well.

 

“Well then, we're going to serve your dinner. I hope you don't mind if we only got two dishes tonight.”
“We don't mind at all, right Baekhyun?”
“A-Ah, of course not.”

 

Baekhyun is fast to agree, even though he isn't sure how many dishes they usually serve on a formal dinner. But the dinner tonight isn't that formal if you ask him. Not what he thinks anyway.

Baekhyun watches Chen and Xiumin disappear out of the room quickly as they leave Baekhyun alone with Chanyeol, who is going to be his fiance soon. And soon they will be married as well. Or if everything goes well, they will get married. But it isn't anything Baekhyun is looking forward to at the moment.

 

“So, Baekhyun: how old are you?”

 

Baekhyun is almost taken aback by the sudden question as he is fast to clear his throat to answer Mr. Park. But to be honest, he thought that Mr. Park knew how old he is since he asked him to marry him and all.

 

“I-I'm 20 years old.”
“Really? That's amazing. You don't look that old.”
“Not? I hear that sometimes to be honest.”
“I can understand that. Tell me; how was your journey here?”
“It was... Calm and pretty long.”
“You don't like cars that much, don't you?”
“I don't hate them, I just don't like to travel too far.”
“I see.”
“D-Do you like to travel a lot Mr. Park?”
“Well... Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It depends on my mood.”

 

Baekhyun nods as he looks down at his hands that rest on top of each other on his lap. He wonders how long it will take before the food comes. It's not like they're sitting on a restaurant, but he's not sure if he needs to sit here awkwardly with this stranger.

 

“Are you impatient?”
“Ah, n-no. I was just... thinking about my long day.”
“Oh right, you have been up for a whole day already.”
“Uhm... M-May I ask when you go up?”

 

Chanyeol smiles a really charming smile, but he doesn't look that happy. Did Baekhyun say something rude? He really hopes he didn't make Chanyeol pissed off, because according to Chen and Xiumin, he's quite scary when he's mad and pissed off.

 

“I go up after lunch sometime.”
“I-I see.”

 

Baekhyun tries to flash a kind smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter