Chapter 7

Unexpected Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun opens his eyes tired as he sits up and yawns. The sun shines into his room as the birds flies by outside his window. Baekhyun smiles happily as he suddenly realizes something, Yuri isn't here yet. Did he seriously wake up on time on his own or is it Yuri who is late? He glances down at his alarm clock as he gasps. It's already passed 10 am! Baekhyun flies up of his bed as he searches for something to wear, but then it hits him, it's Friday... He doesn't have any lessons on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays...

Baekhyun breathes relieved out as he sits down on his bed again. As fast Baekhyun had sat down on his bed again, it suddenly knocks on the door. Baekhyun looks almost scared over the door as he chuckles lightly. Can someone really have such a good timing? Really?

 

“Come in!”

 

The door gets open as Xiumin comes in with a huge smile on his lips. To Baekhyun's surprise, it's Xiumin and not Chen who comes in today. Maybe Xiumin needs a break from Chanyeol and his screaming? After Baekhyun's and Chanyeol's walk in the garden yesterday, Chanyeol went straight back to his office and screamed some more before Xiumin told him that he needs to be more quiet because Baekhyun was supposed to sleep. Of course Chanyeol didn't shut up anyway, but that doesn't really matter now.

 

“Good morning Baekhyun-ah.”
“Good morning Xiumin. Is everything well with you?”
“Yes it is, thank you for asking. Uhm... About yesterday.”

 

Xiumin closes the door behind him fast as he walks over to Baekhyun who begins to get worried. Did he get Xiumin into more trouble than necessary? He really hopes that he didn't cause Xiumin more troubles than what he already has done. Maybe he shouldn't have opened his mouth at all during his walk with Chanyeol yesterday?

 

“Y-Yes? Regarding yesterday?”
“Thank you for speaking up for me.”
“Y-You heard hat?”
“Yes, I did. I was leaving the tea when I heard your conversation by mistake. But listen, you shouldn't speak up to Chanyeol like that-”
“But it's not nice of him to treat you like that. Pardon my language, but he's acting like an when he screams at you like that.”
“Baekhyun, don't say that too loud-”
“I know, but still... I hate people who are acting like s...”
“Think about your family and why you're here, okay? Keep that in mind when you speak to Chanyeol, alright?”
“I-Is he mad at me?”
“I think he was, but something else stole his anger last night.”
“Why is he so mad?”
“I can't tell you I'm afraid and I wouldn't ask him myself, so please pretend you haven't seen or heard anything.”
“Yes sir...”
“Now, we better get you some breakfast and then you should take a shower. We got guests coming today around afternoon, they're here to drink some tea and talk a little. Chanyeol is really looking forward to it since it's one of his older friends.”
“Oh, he invites his friends over?”
“Actually it was his friend who did, but Chanyeol doesn't mind it. He would actually need to think about other things right now.”
“Is he... stressed about work?”
“He's stressed about everything...”
“Hey Xiumin... Can I go out and take a walk around the garden?”
“Like right now? What about breakfast?”
“I'm not that hungry yet, I will eat after my walk.”
“Are you sure?”
“I'm sure about it, so can I go and take a walk?”
“Stay to the garden then, we don't want you to run around in the forest and-”
“I'm not a dog...”
“S-Sorry, you're right. Well go then, I can't stop you from going out.”

 

Baekhyun smiles as he changes his clothes quickly before he sneaks his diary and a pen with him. Xiumin lets Baekhyun sneak downstairs as he gets his jacket and shoes on before he leaves the mansion. Baekhyun feels the cold fresh air surround him when he steps outside. Baekhyun can't help but to smile like a fool. The nature always manage to cheer him up, no matter what.

Baekhyun walks down the stone path as he watches his back carefully. He bets that Xiumin is watching him right now, but Baekhyun doesn't mind. He's just going to the pavilion to write in peace and to breath in some fresh air for once. He hasn't been outside that much since he came here, but now he can take his time to sit in the pavilion.

Baekhyun sits on one of the chairs in the pavilion as he picks out his notebook and pencil to write in it. Just as he was about to begin, he hears how someone walks up behind him and he hurries to hide the book in his lap as he smiles at whoever who comes behind him.

 

“Mr. Byun, your morning tea.”
“Y-Yuri, you didn't have to-”
“Of course I do, it's your morning tea. It's very important to you, right?”
“Uhm... Let's say that.”
“Haha, here you go Mr. Byun. Please enjoy your tea. Do you want a blanket sir?
“No thank you, you can leave me alone.”
“Okay, I got you a sandwich as well. Xiumin told me that you need to eat something, so I made a small sandwich for you. Please enjoy.”
“Thank you very much.”

 

Yuri leaves right after she served Baekhyun and walks straight back to the mansion again. Baekhyun breathed relieved out as fast Yuri is out of his sight. If he hadn't heard her, she might had seen what he was writing. Baekhyun takes a sip of his tea before he picks up his notebook again and begins to write in it. Baekhyun takes his time as he concentrates on his writing. He wants to practice his handwriting skill as well while he's at it.

 

~October 6, Friday: Hello precious diary.
I'm back! So a day have passed and now it's Friday morning. I have some news for you!
Yesterday after I had finished my classes and even managed to take a nap, Mr. Park called for me. I went to his room to see him when I heard how he screamed and shouted furiously in his office. At first I thought he was angry for himself, but Xiumin was there and Mr. Park ended up lashing all his anger on him. I feel really bad for Xiumin and I admit that I didn't do anything at the spot, but I couldn't let the thought go.
Mr. Park wanted to take a walk with me, even though he was really annoyed and angry at the moment. He showed me around the garden, which was nice except that I opened my mouth and accidentally mentioned him screaming and how he had lashed his anger on Xiumin. Mr. Park looked like he could have murdered someone when I told him that I didn't think it was such a good idea to lash out his anger on Xiumin. Oh god, if glances could kill, I would have been dead for a long time ago!
In the end of that conversation I shut up to not get Mr. Park to hit me. I got really scared to be honest, I truly thought he could have slapped me at the spot, but I'm not sure if he would.
We was silent for a long time after that conversation and I stared at the flowers and at the traditional bamboo fountain that made me and Mr. Park relax a little, even though we both knew that everything wasn't okay. After a while, Mr. Park acted more nicely, but I still get a feeling that he's not that happy with me.
Today one of Mr. Park's old friends will come by to drink tea and chat with us. I hope to see a much nicer and calmer Mr. Park, but to be honest I'm not sure if I should be there with them. I don't want to be in the way and I'm scared. I don't want to get hurt by Mr. Park and the thought about how strong he might be scares me.
Mr. Park has acted cold towards me the whole time I have been here. He has just acted to be nice towards me from time to time. I can tell that he's somewhat disappointed with me or maybe he's not happy with his choice. I don't mind if he tells me that he doesn't want to marry me anymore and that he can find someone else, because then I would be able to go back home and live a normal life. But I'm afraid that it might not happen anyway.
I can't contact my family at the moment since Mr. Park ordered Chen or Xiumin to take my phone and he probably has it at the moment. I find it really rude and insulting to take my phone, to keep me away from my family. But I'm not planning on staying silent about it for much longer. I will try to get it back as soon as possible, since they're probably really worried about me.
It feels like I'm making Mr. Park sound like the worst person ever, but even though he has acted cold towards me and been furious the other day, I can still sense something in him that isn't as cold as he appears to be. I'm wondering if his behavior has something to do with his family or about work, but hopefully things will get better soon.
Well for now, I will try to hold out and stay silent as long as possible. I will also pray for Mr. Park to be in a good mood today and that he will become less cold towards me in the future.~

 

Baekhyun puts down his pen as he closes his diary and drinks up his tea and eats up his sandwich. Then he gets up and takes his dishes with him towards the door. He didn't come many meters though before Yuri comes running and takes the dishes away from him.

 

“You could have just left them there for me Mr. Byun.”
“B-But I can-”
“No no, it's my job. Please take it easy instead, okay? Is there anything else you need?”
“N-No thank you. I will be in my room for the rest for the day.”
“As you wish.”

 

***

 

Baekhyun sits on his bed and is almost done with a new book he picked out to read this morning. In the middle of the last pages, it suddenly knocks on his door to his room. Baekhyun hurries to put a bookmark in the book before he closes it and turns to the door.

 

“Come in.”
“It's me.”
“O-Oh, Mr. Park.”

 

Baekhyun gets up fast and bows as Chanyeol smiles weakly, but he doesn't seem that amused at the moment. Baekhyun didn't expect him to be that happy to see him anyway, but he had expected a better mood from him. Or rather hoped for him to be in a better mood.

 

“I want you to get ready before my friend comes over.”
“Is the time that much already? Then I will get ready right away.”
“Good.”

 

Chanyeol steps into the room and sits down on the bed as Baekhyun stares dumbly at him. Why won't he leave the room? Is he going to watch Baekhyun while he gets ready or what?

 

“U-Uhm, d-do you mind if I-”
“We need to talk.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter