Chapter 14

Unexpected Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Everyday that passes by from now and on is looking mostly the same for Baekhyun. Everyday he will go up around 10 am and eat breakfast before he either practice playing the piano or practicing a tea ceremony or just reading a book. After lunch he trains with Xiumin and every other day he will practice with Chen if needed.

During the late afternoon, closer to the evening, Baekhyun eats dinner with Chanyeol before they split up to do whatever they want. Then they meet up around bedtime and say a simple goodnight before they go to bed. That's how Baekhyun's days looks like mostly of the time, with other words not much happens between the ordinary days. That was what Baekhyun thought until one day when something new happened.

 

“There you are Baekhyun! I have been looking for you everywhere!”
“Sorry, I didn't hear you calling me.”
“Chanyeol needs to see you right away!”
“Okay, I will go to his office then.”

 

Chen nods seriously before he hurries to walk away again. Something new must have come up, something important. Baekhyun hurries to stand up as he walks towards Chanyeol's office. After barely two minutes Baekhyun stands outside Chanyeol's office. He gently knocks on the door and then waits for Chanyeol to call him in, like he always does when he comes here.

 

“Come in.”

 

Baekhyun hurries to open the door and takes a step into the room. He doesn't hesitate to step into Chanyeol's office when Chanyeol has called him, so it only takes him a couple of seconds to get inside and close the door behind his back.

 

“You called me?”
“Yes, I got an invitation today.”
“An invitation? To what?”
“It's an invitation to a ball that is held in Seoul every year, both vampires and werewolves go every year among with humans. It's a tradition for some families to go.”
“Oh, I see. So, do you want to go?”
“We need to go.”
“O-Oh, then I will tell Chen to help me with my clothes and-”
“The ball is tomorrow night, I already informed Chen so he's busy with looking for clothes already. Tomorrow we will leave here at 6 pm and arrive around 7 pm at the ball. The ball starts around 6:30 pm, but we won't miss anything. The ball will later end at 12 am, which means we won't be home until at least 1 am or maybe even later depending on how fast we get to leave.”
“I will make sure that I will withstand the whole night.”
“Good, I don't want to hear any whining from you.”
“Yes sir, I will try my best.”
“Then you can take your leave.”
“Yes sir.”

 

Baekhyun turns towards the door and is about to get out, but Chanyeol stops him almost right away. Did he forget to tell Baekhyun something?

 

“Ah wait, I almost forgot to tell you.”
“To tell me what?”

 

Baekhyun turns around to face Chanyeol as he watches the giant lean back in his chair. He stares seriously at Baekhyun for a couple of seconds before he finally opens his mouth again.

 

“The wedding date has been settled, so we need to sit down and start planning it.”
“I-I get to plan it too?”
“Only a little, like small details. But I still need your approval on a couple of things. So yes, you get to plan it with me.”
“Wow, I'm amazed.”
“It's not only my special day after all and you won't get to marry someone else for years.”
“Mm... I guess you're right.”

 

Wow, Baekhyun didn't even expect Chanyeol to talk so nicely to him. Also, Baekhyun gets to plan the wedding with Chanyeol as well. But... Baekhyun is nervous about a lot of things now when he thinks about. First of all, he will have to show everyone how well he can behave at the ball and eat like a real noble. Then he has to behave even more at his very own wedding with Chanyeol. Also, he's scared that he will have to... Oh ! He has to kiss Chanyeol at the wedding!

 

“Yah, what's wrong with you? Why are you staring at me like that?”
“I-It's nothing! I-I will leave now! Bye!”

 

Baekhyun hurries to walk towards the door as Chanyeol sighs annoyed after him. But Baekhyun doesn't care if he sighs after him or not, because right now he's too freaked out and too embarrassed to stand in front of Chanyeol. He can't believe that he thought about such a stupid thing! Of course he doesn't really need to kiss Chanyeol at the wedding: right? Please tell him that he doesn't have to kiss him...

 

***

 

“Baekhyun! There you are! I was looking for you! What are you doing?”
“Trying to remember everything I learned so I won't screw up.”

 

Baekhyun stares desperately at the book in front of him as he sighs. He remembers everything Mrs Lee taught him during his first two months here, but he can't help but to feel nervous about tomorrow night's ball. What if he messes up? What if he forgets something really important? What if he embarrasses himself or Chanyeol? Chanyeol will kill him if he does something wrong!

 

“Oh come on Baekhyun, we all know that you already know everything you're reading right now. Mrs Lee has taught you well and you won't screw up.”

 

Chen smiles at Baekhyun who sits up on his bed that he was lying on for a second ago. Chen walks over to the bed and picks up the book before he puts it away, then he turns to Baekhyun with a weak smile on his lips.

 

“Are you ready for the dinner yet?”
“Right... Dinner... I almost forgot about it.”
“Baekhyun, you shouldn't worry too much about this and just try to enjoy yourself instead. A ball is something really amazing and you will experience it for the first time tomorrow. Don't let the chance slip away because of your nervousness.”
“But... I don't know about anything when it comes to balls. I have never been to one. I don't know how to behave, even if Mrs Lee told me about it. I... I don't want to make Chanyeol upset or angry at me... I don't even know how to dance...”
“You don't know how to dance?”
“Of course not... I... I never went to any parties or graduation balls... I was a social person, but I didn't like to go to crowded places where people sweat and stink... So I never got the chance to experience dancing and such things.”
“That's a huge problem! You should have mentioned that earlier!”
“B-But I never thought that I would have to go on balls so soon.”
“But now you will be going tomorrow night and you can't even dance! Lucky you that both me and Xiumin knows how to dance and we can probably teach you right now!”

 

Baekhyun stares at Chen who looks a little stressed, but he still tries to smile towards Baekhyun who can tell that Chen doesn't really have time for this. Maybe Xiumin has time for this then? Or... No, he's probably busy as it is with work and all the preparations for tomorrow night.

 

“Chen... You're too busy to teach me and Xiumin is also busy. So just forget about it and get back to work. I will come up with an excuse tomorrow if it's needed-”
“No! That's absolutely not okay! You will have to learn how to dance tonight or tomorrow morning!”
“But you're too busy! I don't want you to get burned out because of something silly as dancing!”
“Let me at least think about it! I-I will come up with something!”
“Oh Chen, you're too stubborn!”

 

Baekhyun whines a little, but Chen doesn't seem to listen to him at all. Instead he hurries to leave the room to try to find a solution to Baekhyun's problem. Well Baekhyun did say that it's not necessary for Chen to help him with this problem, but it looks like Chen will try to solve it anyway, even though he has enough to do.

 

***

 

Baekhyun walks down the stairs slowly as he looks around him. He can't see Chen or Xiumin anywhere. Where are they? Chen had fetched Baekhyun only for a second ago to tell him that the dinner is ready, yet he's nowhere to be found. Baekhyun sighs silently as he walks over to the dinning hall to find Chanyeol sit and wait for him. Baekhyun hurries to sit down on his seat as Chanyeol glances up at him with emotionless eyes, at least he's not staring coldly at Baekhyun anymore.

 

“You're late.”
“S-Sorry, I was looking for Chen or Xiumin-”
“They have already left the mansion. They're busy with preparing for tomorrow.”
“I see, that explains a lot.”
“Is there anything I can help you with? After all, everything Chen and Xiumin can do, I can do.”

 

Baekhyun carefully glances up at Chanyeol who shows some food into his mouth. The table was already set with their food when Baekhyun arrived, which means that Chen and Xiumin truly must have left just a minute ago. Baekhyun thinks a little about his “problem” as he shows some food into his mouth as well. Should he tell Chanyeol the truth about him not knowing how to dance or should he just stay silent about it until Chen tells him?

 

“I-It's nothing serious, really.”
“Not? So you're not going to tell me about you not knowing how to dance then?”

 

Baekhyun stares a little startled at Chanyeol who puts down his fork on his plate. He then looks straight into Baekhyun's eyes as he clears his throat.

 

“You do know that we will have to dance tomorrow, right? No matter what you say, we will have to dance. It's a tradition to dance at the ball, especially if you're young.”
“B-But, I don't know how to dance and-”
“Therefor you should have come to me right away. I can dance too you know, even if it doesn't look like it.”
“B-But you're busy with work, I don't want to bother you-”
“You're just making up excuses right now. Chen told me that you don't seem to want to learn how to dance. I don't care what you think, you will have to learn how to dance anyway. So after you have finished, we're going to start practicing right away.”
“W-We...? Y-You're going to teach me?!”
“Have you even been listening to me?”

 

Chanyeol sounds irritated as he grabs his wine glass to take a few sips of the wine. Baekhyun stares speechless at Chanyeol who continues to eat his food as casually as he can. Baekhyun isn't sure how to react to this, but he certainly feels surprised and nervous. Does that mean... that he will have to spend the rest of the evening with Chanyeol? Like it isn't awkward enough that they have to share bedroom!

 

“Aren't you going to eat? We don't have much time to waste here after all.”
“Mm... Sorry...”

 

Baekhyun grabs his fork as he starts eating again. During the whole dinner, he can't let go of the thought of him and Chanyeol dancing together. At the moment, it sounds mostly like a joke to him, but he gets a feeling that soon enough that joke will turn into reality.

 

***

 

“Okay Baekhyun, listen to me carefully. I will only tell you everything once, so you better pay me all your attention. Got it?”
“Yes sir, I-I will do my best.”
“Good. Then let's get it started. First of all, let's get into position.”

 

Baekhyun stands awkwardly in front of Chanyeol who is fast to take a step closer to him. He then holds out his right hand to Baekhyun who stares dumbly at it. Is he supposed to take it or is Chanyeol going to do something else?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter