Chapter 10

Unexpected Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Because of last night, everyone is a little careful with Baekhyun. Chanyeol is in his office the whole day, like usual, but he orders Chen and Xiumin to keep an extra eye on Baekhyun who mostly sits in the living room with a book in his hand. They told him to take a few breaks between the reading to not exhaust his head more than necessary, but Baekhyun feels perfectly fine.

Around dinner time, Baekhyun expected Chanyeol to come down and eat with him like he usually does, but for the first time since Baekhyun came here, Chen told Baekhyun that Chanyeol won't be eating with him tonight. Baekhyun isn't sure if Chanyeol is busy or if he doesn't want to see Baekhyun at the moment after this morning. Well, Chanyeol did begin to act weirdly after their short conversation earlier today.

Baekhyun ended up sitting alone in the huge dinning room while he chews on his food in his own pace. It truly feels empty and big in here when Chanyeol isn't sitting on front of him. Sure, Chanyeol didn't talk too much with Baekhyun during their dinner, actually he doesn't say very much around Baekhyun mostly of the time, but at least it didn't feel empty and boring when he's around.

 

“How is the food Baekhyun?”
“It is delicious, I wish Chanyeol would have tasted it.”
“He will get his chance tomorrow. He's just really busy right now.”
“I see... Then I won't disturb him.”
“I think that would be a good idea.”

 

Baekhyun nods as he wipes himself around his mouth with a tissue before he gets up of his chair. Baekhyun thanks D.O in the kitchen before he walks back towards his room to take it easy the few more hours he has left of the day. Though he can't stay up the whole night, he needs to get up pretty early on Monday morning for his classes. So he better not go to bed too late.

 

***

 

A couple of days goes on like they usually do. Chanyeol has somehow become colder towards Baekhyun again, that is what Baekhyun thinks at least. Chanyeol doesn't come down to eat dinner with Baekhyun at the moment and he's mostly of the time in his office. The time he doesn't spend inside his office he spends either in his own room by sleeping or going out on meetings somewhere in Seoul.

Baekhyun begins to feel lonely, even though he has Chen and Xiumin who check upon him from time to time. But not even they seem to be enough to keep Baekhyun company. Lay is busy in the kitchen the whole days and D.O isn't even here during the week, D.O is only here during the weekends. Then there is Yuri who is busy with cleaning the big mansion. Oh and then there is Mrs. Lee who doesn't like Baekhyun too much, but she's still trying to at least accept him during their lessons.

 

“Mr. Byun, you're almost done with your training by now.”
“I am? That's good I guess.”
“The engagement isn't too far away.”
“Yeah... It is really closing in on me.”
“At this rate, we will actually get you ready for the engagement and the wedding in time. It's actually a miracle. I didn't think you would be able to memorize all the ceremonies.”
“And I got the book if I need to get reminded about them.”
“Exactly, but still, I didn't know you had it in you.”
“Thank you, I guess...”

 

Baekhyun isn't sure if he's supposed to take that as a compliment or if he should see it as an insult. But he just pretends it's a compliment as he keeps practicing a new vampire ceremony that Mrs. Lee taught him this morning. After a while Chen comes into library and walks over to them with a smile on his lips. He's here to check up on them, like he always does when he comes to the mansion.

 

“How is it going?”
“It's going well, it's almost a miracle.”
“Mrs. Lee, haven't I told you to treat Mr. Park's soon-to-be-fiance better?”
“But it's true, he has been doing really well lately.”
“That's good to hear, but don't insult him please.”

 

So it it was an insult after all? How rude... But now when Baekhyun thinks about it, he has been living here for a long time and the scary thing is: he hasn't thought too much about his family the past few days. He has been so busy with his own problems that he hasn't even thought about his own family for a while.

 

“When are the lessons over today?”
“We can quit after he's done with the ceremony he's practicing right now. If it is important I mean.”
“Well, I got some things I need to talk about with Baekhyun, so it would be good if you could quit a little earlier today.”
“Then we will end the lesson as fast he's done here.”

 

Chen nods as he excuses himself and leaves the room. Mrs. Lee seems really satisfied with today's lesson, so she doesn't even bother to watch Baekhyun practice the rest of the ceremony. When Baekhyun is done, they pack down all the ceremony things so Mrs. Lee can leave and let Chen come back early. If Baekhyun is going to be honest, he thinks Mrs. Lee really wants to go home earlier today and that is the only reason why she ended the lesson earlier for once.

 

“Thank you for today Mrs. Lee.”
“It's my job, now excuse me.”

 

Baekhyun bows quickly to Mrs. Lee who leaves the room quickly while Chen comes walking towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun sighs tired as Chen smiles proudly at him.

 

“You're doing really well, I'm proud of you.”
“Thank you, I'm really trying my best.”
“Now, we need to talk a little. Chanyeol will be leaving tomorrow morning for a business trip and it looks like Xiumin and I will have to come with him. We will be gone for around four days, but during that time you still got Yuri and Lay. I know it's kind of sudden, but Chanyeol wasn't sure if he wanted to go all the way to Busan for two days filled with business meetings. After all, he's a little unstable right now.”
“I can understand that after all that has happened...”
“Do you know about what has happened?”
“I happen to hear everything and yes, Chanyeol knows that I know what happened that night when his grandfather was here.”
“Oh, so you did see that. Anyway, please don't think too much about it.”
“I won't, after all it's none of my concern as long Chanyeol doesn't ask for my help.”
“Good because it won't help if you also get worried about the situation.”
“So, that was all you wanted to talk about?”
“Uhm, I think so. I honestly expected you to complain about us leaving.”
“I don't want everyone to leave... But I can't do anything about it. Though I would really appreciate if I could... get my phone back while you are gone. It's just for a few days, right? My family must be really worried and... I really want to talk with them. I promise I won't leave the mansion to see them, I don't even know where I am right now. So please, can I get my phone back? I can ask Chanyeol myself if you can't give it back to me without talking to him.”

 

Chen hesitates before he sighs and looks really burdened. Baekhyun knows what it means. It means that Baekhyun has to talk to Chanyeol himself to get his phone back.

 

“I will go and talk directly to Chanyeol, I think it's the best if I ask him after all.”
“I'm sorry Baekhyun. I wish I could just give it to you, but it was actually he who said we had to take it and-”
“I know and it's alright. I understand the situation. I will just have to talk with Chanyeol, that's all.”

 

Baekhyun smiles to Chen who replies him with a weak smile. Baekhyun excuses himself as he begins to walk towards Chanyeol's office to talk with him about his phone. Baekhyun thinks it's about time for him to get it back and to call his family. After all it has been almost two months since he saw and talked to his family last, they all must be really worried about him by now.

Baekhyun walks up to the second floor and slowly walks towards Chanyeol's office. Xiumin must also be in there since he's nowhere to be seen. Baekhyun walks over to the office door as he takes a deep breath and gathers all his thoughts before he knocks on the door gently.

 

“Come in!”

 

Baekhyun opens the door as he takes a step into the office. He hurries to bow to Chanyeol who sits with a pen in his hand while his other hand holds up a paper. Xiumin stands and sorts a couple of papers in the other corner of the room while Chanyeol is fast to look over at him. Xiumin understands what Chanyeol wants right away as he hurries to leave the room and closes the door behind him.

 

“You want something Baekhyun?”
“Uhm, yes. I came to talk to you.”
“Obviously.”

 

Chanyeol is back to his cold self once again, Baekhyun can tell by the way he talks to him and how he looks coldly at him. Why did Chanyeol have to go back to this cold side of his?Baekhyun holds in a sigh as he tries to stay strong. Chanyeol might be in a bad mood, but Baekhyun won't let his mood affect him.

 

“I just heard from Chen that you're leaving tomorrow for a business trip.”
“Yes, that's true. What about it?”
“I was just wondering... While you're gone, can I... Can I get my phone back? It's just for a few days and I promise to keep studying hard-”
“I don't think it's such a good idea. I can't keep an eye on you while I'm gone and-”
“P-Pretty please Chanyeol! I-I truly just want to talk to my family again! I... I haven't heard from them for almost two months... They must be really worried about me and I don't want them to be that worried about me.”

 

Chanyeol sighs as he puts down the pen and the paper he's holding. He then leans back in the chair as he stares over at Baekhyun with his cold eyes. Baekhyun gets a feeling that he won't be able to convince Chanyeol to give him his phone back.

 

“I'm sorry, but I have to say no. I want you to keep your studies up and you're almost done, so it can wait for a week or two. Can't it?”
“J-Just let me call them once! I can call them today! I can make it short, just let me call them and tell them I'm alright!”
“Don't scream please, you will give me an headache.”
“So-Sorry... B-But Chanyeol...”
“Please, call me Mr. Park while we're in my office.”

 

Baekhyun feels the frustration take over him, but he can't lose his temper right now. He needs to stay calm and try to convince Chanyeol in a mature way. If he proves to Chanyeol that he's mature enough to handle business like this, than maybe he can get his phone back?

 

“Pretty please Chanyeol, can I just give them one call? Is that too much to ask for?”
“Yes, it is. It's troublesome to fetch the phone and to put it back. You can wait two more weeks and that's it.”

 

Baekhyun feels how the frustration grows stronger, but he doesn't want to lose his temper. Baekhyun takes a deep breath and tries to control his feelings as good as possible. But right now it's really hard, it's so damn hard to not walk over and punch Chanyeol in the face.

 

“Chanyeol, please let me just call them once. I will make a really quick call, I promise. I just want to call them and say hi and tell them that I'm fine. I promise I won't take too long-”
“A no is a no! Are you seriously that stupid or what?! I'm busy, so can you please get out already?”
“But-”
“A no is a no! This conversation is over!”

 

Baekhyun feels the anger grab him along with the frustration that has gotten built up inside of him. He can't take this anymore, he just can't! If Chanyeol is going to act like an towards him just because he's in a bad situation with his family, then Baekhyun can't just stay put any longer!

 

“Just because you can't see your family doesn't it mean that I can't have contact with my family! At least I got a family that loves me and I love them! It's not my fault that you chose to marry me of all people!”
“Enough! Get out and go to your room!”
“I'm not a damn baby nor a child!”
“Don't make me more angrier than what I already am!”
“You're just being unfair! Who is the child here?! You or me?!”
“Go to your room before I hurt you Baekhyun!”

 

Chanyeol roars angrily as his eyes turns red. Baekhyun feels how his senses takes over and he is ready to either fight or run. For a second, it felt like Chanyeol would attack him and hurt him. But it's then Baekhyun realizes that Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter