Chapter 19

Unexpected Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun sighs tired while the sun hits his face. It's too early to wake up! Baekhyun groans tired and cuddles up closer to the warmth besides him. He doesn't know what this warmth is, but it feels so freaking wonderful to sleep besides it. Baekhyun begins to fall asleep again as he suddenly feels a warm hand touch one of his cheeks gently. Of course he can't keep his eyes closed after the sudden touch.

Baekhyun hurries to open his eyes to find someone lie right in front of him. His eyes stares into another pair of deep soft eyes that is staring right back at him. Baekhyun is about to jerk away until he sees who it is. Chanyeol smiles softly at him as he lets his hand push some of Baekhyun's hair out of his face. Baekhyun can feel a blush creep up on his cheeks and it doesn't take long before it feels like his face is burning.

 

“Good morning Baekhyun.”
“G-Good morning...”

 

Baekhyun can't help but to blush and wonder at the same time: what happened last night? Everything is quite blurry because he cried so much and he got dizzy afterwards. But he does remember Chanyeol being nice towards him and carrying him to bed. He also remembers that Chanyeol said he would sleep besides him because Baekhyun felt scared of the shadows.

 

“C-Chanyeol...? A-Aren't you... b-busy?”
“It's only morning... Or rather lunch time.”
“Oh... R-Really?”
“Yeah. Which suddenly reminds me, you haven't eaten for days.”
“D-Days...? W-Wait, how long... have I been... l-locked up in there?”
“More than three days. Don't you remember that I told you that last night?”
“N-Not really... Omo... I-I'm starving...”

 

Baekhyun feels how his stomach wakes up to life as it growls furiously. Baekhyun holds his hands over it as he tries to not whine. He had no idea that he could be this hungry! It even hurts as hungry he is! Chanyeol chuckles as he gently helps Baekhyun to sit up on the bed. Wait... Who's bed is this? Woah, it's Baekhyun's bed! So it really was Baekhyun who asked Chanyeol to stay beside him last night after all!

 

“Lucky you that I already have ordered food. It should be here soon.”
“H-Here? W-Why don't we go downstairs?”
“Do you think you will be able to walk when you barely could stand last night?”

 

Baekhyun sits silent for a while as he tries to remember more of last night. Slowly and carefully he starts to remember how he had cried and begged Chanyeol to not kill him. Shortly thereafter, Chanyeol hugs him and then he passed out. The next time he wakes up, he asks Chanyeol something and they talk. He can't remember what they're talking about, but he knows they mentioned days and that Chanyeol won't hurt Baekhyun. But much more than that he can't remember.

Baekhyun is thinking deeply about last night as it suddenly knocks on the door to the bedroom. It doesn't take very long before the door gets open and in comes three young men: Chen, Xiumin and Lay. They all smile at Baekhyun with warm and relieved eyes while they walk over to the bed with a tray each in their hands. Chen carries a tray with a teapot and teacups along with sugar, spoons and fruit. Lay and Xiumin holds a food tray each that is probably Baekhyun's and Chanyeol's breakfast/brunch.

 

“Good morning. We hope you didn't wait too long for your food.”
“Please enjoy it and take your time while eating.”
“We will be right downstairs if you need us.”
“There is more food if you still want some more after you finish this plate.”

 

They all bow towards Chanyeol and Baekhyun before the leave the room again. Baekhyun stares at the tray he received as Chanyeol smiles his charming smile. Woah, he's smiling a lot today! Baekhyun doesn't dare to say it out loud since he doesn't want to ruin the mood. Chanyeol can be quite sensitive when it comes to his mood and comments about it can ruin it within a second.

 

“Please dig in and don't mind me. You must be starving.”
“T-Thank you for the food!”

 

Baekhyun hurries to pick up his chopsticks and a spoon before he begins to eat. Oh god, he forgot for nearly two seconds how good food truly is! How could he be without this for three whole days?! He can't believe that he actually skipped eating and sleeping! He didn't even drink any water! How can he be so stupid?

 

“Is it good?”
“It's delicious!”

 

Chanyeol smiles happily as he starts eating himself. They barely talk while they're eating, which isn't weird since Baekhyun stuffs his mouth with food and Chanyeol seems to enjoy watching him eat. After Baekhyun nearly finishes his plate, he stops eating for a while and just breathes to enjoy the moment.

 

“Are you done already?”
“Almost... I just need a break.”
“You're so silly sometimes. Would you like some tea?”
“D-Do I have to serve it?”
“Not this time, I will do it for you for once.”

 

Baekhyun smiles a thankful smile before Chanyeol grabs the teapot. He slowly and elegantly pours up tea in the teacups to him and Baekhyun. After he has poured up the tea, Chanyeol gently handles Baekhyun one of the teacups before he grabs his own. Baekhyun holds his hands around the warm teacup and smiles happily. It's slightly warmer than Chanyeol, but last night it felt like Chanyeol was some kind of campfire that you want to sit in front of and warm yourself.

 

“Thank you for last night... You didn't really have to do what you did... But you still did...”
“I fetched you because I was the one who scared you. Remember?”
“I wasn't talking about that... I meant about... you sleeping beside me... Thank you for that.”

 

Baekhyun feels how he blushes a little more once again while Chanyeol stares at him in silence. After a while he smiles a little as he clears his throat gently.

 

“Not to be like that, but after we get married, we're supposed to share bed anyway. I kind of saw it like a practice for the future. And you looked really scared last night, so I couldn't just leave you.”
“Well... I truly felt scared the whole time I locked myself into the room... I-It felt like something was going to kill me...”
“Sorry... I might be the source of that feeling-”
“No, not really... I just... I-It was a shadow... I felt a shadow creeping closer and... it just... It just tried to kill me... Or it felt like that...”

 

Baekhyun shivers when he thinks about the weird feelings he has had the past three days. Chanyeol nods slowly, this time his smile has disappeared from his lips. Too bad that he stopped smiling, because Chanyeol has a very warm and calm smile. But he can't sit and smile when Baekhyun tells him such serious things.

 

“It really felt like that huh? So it wasn't really me who scared you?”
“I think you triggered those feelings to be honest. I don't know why you triggered them, but it felt like... It felt like I had been in a similar situation like that before.”

 

Chanyeol nods silently before he drinks some more of his tea. Baekhyun drinks some of his tea as well and glances down at his food. He should finish this before it gets cold, but he's not that hungry anymore. But he can't throw away this food that Lay has made for him. Also, he doesn't want to worry the others that he won't start eating again.

After Baekhyun and Chanyeol finished the breakfast, Chen and Xiumin come back to the bedroom to fetch the dishes. Chanyeol then hurries to get up to leave for some work and Baekhyun will probably have to figure out what to do for the rest of the day alone.

Chanyeol starts changing his clothes right away while Chen and Xiumin leaves the room. Baekhyun sits awkwardly on the bed as Chanyeol puts on a new shirt and a new fresh pair of pants. Then he turns to Baekhyun with a weak smile on his lips. At least Chanyeol is trying to smile towards Baekhyun for once.

 

“I will have to leave for some work. But today I thought that maybe... Maybe we should start planning some things together? We got Christmas coming up and New year as well. And shortly thereafter we will have to think about the wedding and start planning it. What about you come by my office around tea time?”
“N-No offense, but... Can we sit in the living room instead of your office?”
“Sure, if that makes you feel more comfortable. Then I will go downstairs to the living room around 2 pm and meet you there. Okay?”
“T-Then I will be waiting there for you. Until then, please don't bother to think about me.”
“I won't need to worry about you, because I know that Chen and Xiumin will take good care of you while I'm gone.”

 

Chanyeol smiles a short warm smile towards Baekhyun before he turns back to his more serious and calm self again. Well, there goes the happy and warm Chanyeol and now the more cold and expressionless Chanyeol is back.

 

“If you excuse me then, I will take my leave.”

 

Chanyeol turns to the door and finally leaves the room. Baekhyun lets out a sigh as fast the door is closed an lies down on the bed. He can't believe that he slept beside Chanyeol for a whole night without being a nervous wreck. Baekhyun closes his eyes tired and curls together among the blankets and pillows.

A sudden scent reaches Baekhyun's nose after a while as he sniffs the blankets and pillows carefully. Baekhyun opens his eyes as he stares at the spot beside him. Here is where Chanyeol sat and even slept for only some minutes ago. Baekhyun feels how his hands touches the spot as he absorbs the last warmth from the sheets. Baekhyun isn't sure why, but he misses the sweet scent of Chanyeol beside him.

That's right, Chanyeol smells sweet. Not sweet as in candy sweet, but sweet as in fruity sweet. Baekhyun knows it sounds weird, but Chanyeol has this wonderful sweet scent that he can't really explain. Baekhyun closes his eyes again and inhales slowly: Chanyeol's scent is truly the best scent in the whole room.

 

***

 

“Baekhyun? Baekhyun wake up. Baekhyun, please wake up.”

 

Baekhyun groans tired as he opens his eyes. Wait a little... Did he just fall asleep again?! Chen sighs tired as Baekhyun sits up on the bed. He feels so confused because he can't remember falling asleep after Chanyeol left. Oh , what time is it?! He's supposed to meet Chanyeol at 2 pm!

 

“C-Chen! What time is it?!”
“It's past 1 pm.”
“Oh... Good... Y-You scared me for a second.”
“Wha do you mean I scared you for a second when I didn't even say anything scary?”
“I-I'm supposed to meet Chanyeol at 2 pm in the living room, I thought that I had overslept and-”
“Missed it? Then Chanyeol would probably have come to you instead of just skipping it.”
“T-That's true... But still... Anyway, let's not talk more about it.”

 

Chen nods as he hurries over to Baekhyun's drawer to find him some new decent clothes to wear. Baekhyun watches Chen look around for a while before he comes back with a small pile of clothes in his hands.

 

“Here you go, some fresh clothes to wear. But first, go and take a shower. Then you can put the clothes on.”
“I'm not a child you know... I-I know how to take care of myself.”
“It's only my job Baekhyun, it's just my job.”
“I know... But still...”
“Anyway, let's not waste any time here. Go and take a shower and get dressed. Then meet me downstairs and-”
“Chen... I'm still meeting Chanyeol before 2 pm.”
“That's right... Then get ready to meet him. Which reminds me, Lay said he had something important to ask you.”
“Lay? Then... Tell him that I will come downstairs after I have taken a shower.”

 

Chen nods with a smile on his lips before he excuses himself and leaves. Baekhyun hurries to stand up as he glances over at the spot on the bed he slept on. Why did he suddenly fall asleep like that? He was just enjoying the scent of Chanyeol and then he just dozed of into sleep?

Baekhyun shakes his head as he hurries to head towards his bathroom. He doesn't have time to stand here in the middle of the room and think about such silly things. Right now he should get ready and get downstairs to talk with Lay before he needs to meet up with Chanyeol.

 

***

 

Baekhyun yawns tired as he walks into the kitchen where Lay stands and prepares the tea and some cookies for Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Baekhyun smiles kindly towards Lay who drops everything before he rushes over to him and hugs him tightly. This in practical confuses Baekhyun more than anything else that Lay has ever done or said to him before.

 

“Are you alright?! Did I cause this?! Omo, it wasn't my fault, right?!”
“L-Lay, calm down! I'm fine.”
“Really?! Promise me you're alright!”

 

Lay hurries to check Baekhyun as he grabs Baekhyun's cheeks and squeezes them. Baekhyun can't help but to chuckle as Lay looks relieved at him. Baekhyun must have worried Lay a lot, which he absolutely didn't mean to do. Lay slowly lets go of Baekhyun's cheeks and lets out a long sigh.

 

“I really thought that it was my fault for you getting scared like that... I mean, I thought Chanyeol was angry because I took you out or something.”
“No, it wasn't about that.”
“And it wasn't about the whole birthday thing either?”
“No, actually... Someone wrecked Chanyeol's office and at first he thought it was me. I-I just got really scared when he furiously-”
“I get it, let's not talk about that. I know how scary he can be, therefor we shouldn't talk about it. But... Does that mean that you never gave him...?”
“Yeah, he still hasn't gotten it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter