Chapter 21

Unexpected Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

“Hey Chen, what are you and Xiumin doing for Christmas? Chanyeol said you wouldn't be home for over a month.”
“We're going for a new honeymoon.”
“Honeymoon? Isn't that something you do once after you get married?”
“Well, many say it can only be done once, but not according to me and Xiumin. Actually, there are lots of couples who goes on a honeymoon from time to time.”
“I see... Where are you going? Tell me, please!”
“We're going to Europe.”
“Where in Europe?”
“We're going to visit more than one country, but we will go to the ones that are most famous as France, England, Spain and we thought to visit Germany too. We have four countries, which means around one week we will stay in each country.”
“Woah, sounds quite amazing. You will be gone for a whole month and leave me alone with Chanyeol?”
“Yes, but Lay and Yuri and Kyungsoo will be here.”
“Ah, don't misunderstand, I'm actually glad that you will leave.”
“Hey... It sounds even worse when you say it like that.”
“Haha, I meant it in a good way! You two seem to be busy here all the time, so I'm glad that you will leave and enjoy yourselves for once.”

 

Chen smiles as he puts down a couple of documents on Chanyeol's nightstand. Baekhyun sits on his bed in his and Chanyeol's room as he stares up at the ceiling. It's already winter and Christmas is only a week away now. Chen and Xiumin will be leaving tomorrow afternoon, so they're busy with fixing the last few things here at the mansion.

 

“So, Baekhyun, you're going alone with Chanyeol to a cabin in the mountains. Or am I wrong?”
“You already know that we're going there, Chanyeol even ordered you too find a good cabin to stay at.”

 

Chen laughs as he nods, it's true that it actually was Chen who booked a cabin and not Chanyeol. That giant didn't even do anything himself, he just asks Chen or Xiumin to do it all the time. Will he really be alright without Chen and Xiumin around?

 

“Baekhyun, while we're gone, please behave-”
“Why do you all tell me to behave when that is exactly what I'm doing? It's something that has been bothering me a lot lately.”
“Sorry, I will try to stop saying that to you all the time.”
“Thank you, I would really appreciate it. Actually, you should say that to Chanyeol instead.”
“Geez, do you want me to get killed?”

 

Baekhyun chuckles as Chen sighs tired. He must be tired since he and Xiumin has worked the whole night and day without rest. Baekhyun gets up off the bed as he smiles towards Chen.

 

“Are you done for today now?”
“No, I have to deliver those to Chanyeol and talk to Lay and Yuri. Xiumin is away and is fetching the last mail for Chanyeol at the moment, so I will have to talk with Lay and Yuri in his stead.”
“Then give me the papers, I will go to Chanyeol while you talk to Lay and Yuri. That way, you have less things to do.”
“Yah, if you do that, he will get angry at me. You're not his maid-”
“You're his assistant, yet he can treat you like butlers. Besides, he will either have to fetch all those papers himself or ask me to help him while you're gone.”
“Are you really sure that you want to do it?”
“What's so hard with bringing papers over to Chanyeol's office?”
“Well, you're right, it's not like I ask you to fly.”
“Haha, exactly! Now trust me and let me help you out.”
“You know, you're supposed to be a noble person Baekhyun. You can't act like this all the time after you're married.”
“Why not? Maybe not around other people, but when no one is around, it should be fine.”

 

Chen stares silently at Baekhyun as he holds out the papers. Baekhyun takes the documents and smiles kindly at Chen.

 

“See, you can't even think of an argument that will convince me that I'm wrong. Haha, don't worry, I won't turn out to be his maid after this.”
“Haha, take it easy while we're gone as well then. Okay?”
“Yes, don't worry. Now get going, so you won't get even more stressed.”

 

Chen smiles and hurries to leave the room to talk with Lay and Yuri. Baekhyun, on the other hand, walks towards Chanyeol's office with the documents in his hands. He doesn't dare to even take a look at them, he just looks straight forward and ignores the fact that he might hold very important documents in his hands.

Baekhyun gently knocks on Chanyeol's office door before he enters the room. Chanyeol glances up at him from his desk as he looks rather confused than surprised. Chanyeol raises one of his eyebrows as he stares at Baekhyun and then down at the documents Baekhyun's is holding. Baekhyun flashes him a bright smile and walks over to him quickly.

 

“Here, those are from Chen. He looked to be really busy, so I told him that I would deliver those to you.”
“Ah... Wait... Yah! Haven't I told you to stop helping them out? Baekhyun, I'm seriously starting to think that you're-”
“I know, I'm sorry, but you should have seen him. You're pushing them too hard from time to time Chanyeol, even you should know that.”
“They're the ones who never tell me if they have more than enough to do. And besides, this is not your business. How many rules are you going to break? I have caught you going into the kitchen to make tea once, you baked a whole cake when Lay was watching twice and you help Chen and Xiumin out.”
“It can't be that bad, can it? I mean, aren't you glad that they help you out when you need it? That is exactly how they feel when I help them.”
“It's their job, not yours. You seriously pissing me off at the moment.”

 

Baekhyun can see how Chanyeol becomes more and more pissed the more they talk, but it doesn't matter. Baekhyun knows that Chanyeol has warned him to not piss him off, but something like this shouldn't really piss him off. Baekhyun holds in a sigh as he clears his throat gently.

 

“So... Uhm... It's only a week left until Christmas...”
“Mm... It is.”
“So... Uhm... Can I go with Lay into town tomorrow afternoon?”
“Why?”

 

Chanyeol looks up at Baekhyun, his eyes are full of suspicion. Baekhyun struggles to not sigh as he tries to stay calm.

 

“Well, it's only one week left until Christmas, right?”
“Yes, you stated that earlier. What about it?”
“Chanyeol... What do you usually do during Christmas?”
“Eat food, relaxes and... Drink blood.”
“O-Okay, the last I didn't have to know.”
“You asked.”

 

Chanyeol looks even more pissed, he's obviously not in the mood to talk today. Baekhyun hurries to look away as he gathers the courage to try to talk to Chanyeol, this time he really doesn't want to piss Chanyeol off even more.

 

“I thought that... you would like a Christmas gift...”
“No, I don't need anything. You can ignore the whole thing with buying gifts to me, it's totally irrelevant when it comes to me.”
“But... I-If I really want to buy something, will you still let me go?”
“I think it's better if you stay home, where I can keep an eye on you.”
“But Lay will be with me-”
“I said no, so stop arguing and leave the room please. I have work to do.”

 

Baekhyun sighs disappointed as he turns around to leave. What's wrong with Chanyeol? Baekhyun really wants to buy him a gift, because if he has to spend his Christmas alone with Chanyeol, then they're going to have a proper Christmas. Baekhyun leaves the room in silence as he sighs. Stupid Chanyeol, he's way too boring.

 

“Fine... If he truly doesn't want anything, I shouldn't force him to accept gifts.”

 

Baekhyun nods as he walks towards their bedroom to rest. He has nothing else to do until Chen and Xiumin come back home. He will make sure that he will see them off and that they will have a good time while they're in Europe.

 

***

 

“Baekhyun, have you packed everything you need?”
“Yes sir Chanyeol, I have packed everything.”

 

Baekhyun tries to stay composed as Chanyeol looks through his closet. That giant, does he even know what kind of clothes he has? Baekhyun secretly watches Chanyeol look through his closet as he holds back a sigh. Chanyeol looks a little lost to be honest, like he's not sure what he should take or if it even is his clothes.

Baekhyun looks down at the book his holding as he tries to keep reading it, but hearing Chanyeol mumble pissed under his breath really makes it hard to concentrate. Baekhyun can hear Chanyeol curse and mumble annoyed to his clothes, but he doesn't seem to be able to find what he's looking for.

Baekhyun tries his hardest to ignore Chanyeol's mumbling, but after a while it's really hard to not ignore him. Baekhyun can't stand to watch Chanyeol throw clothes around and mess his whole closet up, not after the hard work Chen and Xiumin has put down to organize it.

 

“Okay, stop it! I can't take it anymore!”

 

Chanyeol stops right away and stares a little startled at Baekhyun who puts his book away. He can't let Chanyeol be an idiot and mess the whole closet up! Baekhyun walks quickly over to Chanyeol who looks even more pissed at him than at his clothes.

 

“What is it? You're getting in my way, I have to get back to work-”
“I know that, which is why I'm going to help you.”
“What...? What are you trying to say?! That I'm not capable to pack my own clothes?!”

 

Baekhyun hurries to take a step back from Chanyeol who realizes his mistake to scream. He hurries to clear his throat as Baekhyun carefully takes a step closer to the giant.

 

“I will just help you to organize it, so you can find everything faster. You're more than capable to pack your own clothes, but you're unfamiliar with your closet. I was also unfamiliar with my things, until I begin to pick out clothes for myself. Now, do you want to get back to work so we can leave for our trip tomorrow or do you want to get your hair even messier than what it already is?”
“Yah... Do not test my patience...”

 

Chanyeol is still pissed, Baekhyun can tell that he's not in any mood to joke around. This is something that really disturbs Baekhyun, that Chanyeol can't take a joke. He's way too serious about everything, he only relaxes when Luhan has come by or when... Well, he relaxes more when he's alone as well.

 

“I'm not testing your patience, as your fiance, it's my job to help you out. Now, what are you looking for?”
“S-Sweaters... Warm clothes...”
“Lets see... It should be over here... Okay, you got like ten sweaters. Here, you can pick whichever you want. Over there you have hoddies, which is a surprise since I thought you never wear stuff like that. You have t-shirts and other lose clothes all the way over there.”
“I see, it was further into the closet. Well, I don't need you anymore, so please get out of my way.”
“Yes dear, just don't get lost in there~”
“Baekhyun... Don't. Test. My. Patience.”

 

Baekhyun sighs as he leaves the closet before Chanyeol actually gets angry for real. Can't that giant just stop taking all of Baekhyun's jokes so seriously? It's actually scary how serious he is all the time. Baekhyun sits down on his bed again and starts reading his book. This time Chanyeol isn't muttering or cursing under his breath, which is good for an exchange. It takes Chanyeol another 20 minutes before he has finally packed all the clothes he will need for their trip tomorrow.

 

“Remember, tomorrow morning we will leave the mansion at 9 am. Kyungsoo will have breakfast prepared for you at 8 am if you would like some. We will be gone for four days instead of three, but that doesn't really matter. The trip will take a while, so you better prepare for a long journey in the car.”
“Yes, you told me that yesterday and the day before that. Thank you for the reminder, but I got it now.”

 

Chanyeol eyes Baekhyun in silence before he heads towards the door. Will he finally leave to work again? Good, now Baekhyun might actually be able to relax a little. When Chanyeol is around and acts so pissed and tensed, it makes Baekhyun feel tensed and nervous. Seriously, if this is how he will act during the whole Christmas holiday, Baekhyun won't be able to relax or enjoy his time in the mountains.

 

***

 

“Are you sure you got everything with you?”
“Yes, I got clothes, two books and I got a couple of games with me.”
“Games...? What games?”
“You will have to see when we're there!”
“Yah, I don't want any unnecessary package with me!”
“It's only cards, calm down.”
“I really hope it is.”

 

Baekhyun sighs as he grabs his bag and Chanyeol grabs his own. Yuri and Kyungsoo stands by the door and smiles at them, they must think they're acting quite funny towards each other. If Baekhyun and Chanyeol had left for a trip like this a couple of months back, Baekhyun wouldn't even dare to open his mouth when Chanyeol asked him if he has got ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter