My Pretty Hyung/ My Cute Baby Jinyoung

JinMark One Shots

LOL.....its been a while hasn't it? Happy New Years Eve!!! I got a bit carried away with this one shot so it turned out really long~~ Hope you guys enjoy, comment if you want to haha <3  I'm not double spacing this one at all xD 

Warning: It's a lot of cringeworthy fluff hahaaa

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mark and Jinyoung’s parents being graduates of the same university and living in the same city, were happy to have their children get to know each other as well. Both Jinyoung and Mark’s older sisters were best friends as well. So when they were born, their parents wanted the same for them.

The first time Mark met Jinyoung was when he was 4 and Jinyoung was 2 years old.

 

1997

Jinyoung’s parents had wanted to go visit the Tuan’s since Jinyoung was easier to travel with now that he was older and their daughter had wanted to visit her best friends. With a call, it was easy for them to go over and put Jinyoung in Mark’s playpen while the sisters reunited and the parents chatted in the kitchen.

Mark, as the older one, went over to the baby they just placed in his play pen with the instructions of “play nice”

 

“What’s your name?”

“…”

“Do you not have a name?”

“…”

“Can you even talk?”

“…”

“How can I play with you if you can’t talk?” Mark asked pouting at the other.

“…”

Mark sat in front of the younger and matched back his blank stare with another of his own.

The staring battle continued for a while till Jinyoung finally opened his mouth. “Are you a boy or a girl?”

“Yah, I’m a boy! Do I look like a girl to you?” Mark asked upset.

Jinyoung just looked like he was about to cry.

“Hey, hey! Don’t cry” Mark rushed over to hug the other.

“Hyung is really warm.” Jinyoung muttered even though some tears still escaped his eyes.

“Aigoo, what a crybaby.” Mark said while wiping away the younger’s tears and then smiled at the younger for the first time.

“Hyung is pretty. Like a girl. But hyung is not a girl.” Jinyoung stated blankly in his baby English.

“Yes, hyung is not a girl. And you do not call other boys pretty.” Mark chastised the younger.

“But. That is the right word.” Jinyoung then stood up and placed both of his small hands on either of Mark’s cheeks. “Pretty hyung.”

Mark blushed and took the younger’s hands from his face and held them instead. “Well then you’re cute”

“I know” was Jinyoung’s only response with a cute 8 toothed-smile.

Mark just laughed at the younger. “So, what is your name cute baby?”

“Jinyoung. What is pretty hyung’s?”

“Mark”

“Mark pretty hyung.” Jinyoung repeated with a smile.

Mark shook his head and corrected the younger. “Pretty Mark hyung.”

“My pretty Mark hyung!” Jinyoung exclaimed with another full-face grin which showed his eye whiskers causing Mark to blush for the second time.

“Ok my cute baby Jinyoung”

“Pretty Mark hyung, let’s be friend!” Jinyoung exclaimed “You can be Jinyoung first friend”

“I would love to.” Mark said returning the smile.

The younger stared in awe for a couple seconds then tackle hugged Mark to the floor who yelled out causing the attention of their parents to go over to the two boys who were now rolling on the floor in a hug because Jinyoung wouldn’t let go.

 

“What are our sons doing?” Jinyoung’s mom asked.

“I don’t know, but it’s really cute.” Mark’s dad said chuckling and getting up with his camera to snap a couple pictures.

“Sorry for not bringing Jinyoung over earlier to meet Mark. It’s been a bit hectic at home.” Jinyoung’s mom apologized to Mark’s mom who just shook her head.

“I was a bit worried about their age difference, but it seems it’s going to be just fine.” She said as she smiled affectionately at the two small boys playfully shoving each other with bright smiles on their faces.

 

2009

 

As Mark was packing his bag to leave his high school, he got a call from his mom.

“Hey sweetie, can mom ask a small favor of you?”

“Sure, mom what is it?” he asked while resting the phone between his shoulder and cheek so he can finish packing up.

“So Jinyoung’s mom can’t make it today to pick him up from school. And I know you got your car this year. Do you think it’s possible for you to pick up Jinyoung today?”

“Uh, I guess so Mom. But didn’t his school finish 30 minutes before mine?” Mark asked his brows furrowed in concern.

“Oh, did it? His mom called me about an hour ago but I thought I wouldn’t tell you till you got out of school.”

“Moooommm” Mark exclaimed. “Jinyoung must have been waiting so long!” He swung his bag on his back and hurried out the school.

“Bring him over tonight then. I’ll cook for him. Tell him sorry from aunty.”

“Mom…”

“Gotta go back to work sweety. Drive safely, see you later at home with our Jinyoung.” And before Mark could respond his mom she hung up.

Mark sighed and was walking to the parking lot when “Yah, hey Mark. Wait up!”

Mark turned around to face his best friend Jackson. “What do you want Jackson? I have somewhere to go!”

“Geez, and here I was excited to see you and you’re not excited to see me.”

Mark turned to keep walking to his car and Jackson trailed behind. “I said I have somewhere to go.”

“And where is that somewhere? Are you meeting someone more important than me? Your own best friend?”

“Yea kinda.” Mark said a bit abashedly.

“Ooh, who is it? A girl, a guy? What way do you swing anyway?” Jackson asked.

“If you’re my best friend then shouldn’t you know what way I swing?” Mark threw back at him with a smirk.

“I feel so betrayed. First he says he has someone more important than me then he says I don’t know him as well as I thought.” Jackson fake cried.

As Mark was clicking the button to open his car, he finally turned to face his friend. “Why did you approach me anyways? Did you fall asleep in class and need the homework again?”

“Well yea that would be useful thanks, but I was wondering if you could drop me home. I kinda lost my wallet earlier today.” Jackson said giving Mark disgusting puppy eyes.

“I don’t know Jackson, I have to pick up someone right now..” Mark trailed off.

“You can always drop me off after you pick up whoever this person is. That way I can meet them too.” Jackson said with a smirk.

Mark sighed. “It’s too late to say no isn’t it?”

“Yea, kinda.” Jackson replied as he walked around the car to the passenger seat and got in. “So what are you waiting for? I thought you were in a rush.”

Mark rolled his eyes and got in the car. He was already 45 minutes late to get Jinyoung, and he didn’t want him to wait much longer.

 

On the 20 minute drive to Jinyoung’s school, Jackson wouldn’t shut up asking him questions about who this was and why they attended a middle school, and if he was into really young guys. Or girls. And Mark answered none or either vaguely. He didn’t want to share Jinyoung with anyone he knew as yet.

As Mark pulled up to the school, there were still people lingering in groups hanging out so he felt a little bit better hoping that Jinyoung might not have been alone for the entire time, till his eyes spotted the lean figure that was sitting by himself under a tree with a book pouting to himself.

“Oh Jinyoung…” Mark said softly as he got out the car completely ignoring Jackson’s questions.

 

Mark walked slowly over to the younger and took in his soft features. He had grown up a lot from the 8 toothed 2-year-old he met 12 years ago. His dark hair slightly fell over his eyes from his bangs casting a shadow upon his still chubby baby cheeks. His skin just as pure and pale as it was back then. His no longer short chubby legs were crossed, while his also not so small hands turned the pages of the book he was reading.

Jinyoung was still his cute Jinyoung, but he has grown a lot more beautiful over the years and Mark felt happy that he could witness this change in the younger.

As Mark was staring, Jinyoung glanced up from his book and smiled his favourite eye whisker smile causing him to smile back.

“Ah hyung!” Jinyoung exclaimed while closing his book and standing up. Mark took this time as Jinyoung was gathering his things to fully approach the younger.

“I’m so sorry! Did you wait for long?” Mark asked softly. Jinyoung who finished putting his bag on his back just tackle hugged Mark and they landed on the ground again causing the both of them to laugh.

“Aye how can you still be that pretty with a frown on your face?” Jinyoung teased and Mark made a face. “Didn’t I say not to call other boys pretty?”

“But you are pretty hyung. You’re my pretty Mark hyung.”

Mark rolled his eyes trying to ignore the way his heart squeezed at the words.

Jinyoung muttered in Korean into Mark’s neck “You’re the only guy I call pretty anyways”

“Huh?” Mark asked with a smile on his face.

“Nothing. And it’s ok hyung. I caught up on some reading I wanted to do while waiting. It wasn’t that bad.”

At this Mark smiled more and hugged back the younger rolling them over so he was on top. “Sorry I was late though, my mom called me when my school ended to tell me to come. She says sorry and she’ll make you dinner.”

“Sweet! And don’t be sorry hyung. I don’t mind waiting if I’m waiting for you.” Jinyoung smiled softly and Mark’s heart melted at the sight.

“Aigooo, how can my Jinyoungie still be so cute?” Mark asked while pinching the younger’s cheeks who immediately swatted them off and pushed Mark off him so that they were both sitting.

“I'm 14 hyung, I’m not cute anymore.” Jinyoung pouted.

“No matter what you will always be my cute baby Jinyoung.” Mark said while gently removing a few leaves from the younger’s hair.

“Hyung…” Jinyoung whined even though his cheeks and ears were turning red.

“Haha, you’re even cuter when blushing.” Mark teased and Jinyoung shoved him and got up and stormed towards Mark’s car.

“Yah! Haha, wait up!” he yelled lightheartedly and jogged to catch up with the other, taking his bag from him then holding his hand and smiling apologetically. Jinyoung just smiled back and squeezed his hand.

 

A low whistle sounded from the direction of Mark’s car and he froze. He forgot Jackson was there watching that the entire time.

“So, this is the Jinyoung you were talking about?” Jackson asked with a smirk.

If Mark’s hands weren’t preoccupied with Jinyoung’s bag and Jinyoung’s hand he would have facepalmed himself.

“Yea, and who are you?” Jinyoung asked coldly to Jackson surprising Mark at the tone in his voice and the possessive squeeze of his hand.

“I go to Mark’s high school, I’m Jackson.”

Jinyoung muttered something under his breath in Korean which even though Mark didn’t hear, it sounded unpleasant.

“Well I’m Mark’s best friend Jinyoung.”

“Are you sure you’re just his best friend?” Jackson asked wiggling his eyebrows causing Jinyoung to frown.

“Jackson” Mark growled.

“Okay okay, I won’t say anything Markie-pooh” Jackson said with a wink and got back in the car.

“He’s in my seat Mark…” Jinyoung said a bit upset. Mark could always tell because he always dropped the hyung when he was displeased with Mark.

“He just wanted a ride home, I couldn’t say no Jinyoungie.”

“But he is still sitting in my seat…and he called you Markie-pooh?” Jinyoung pouted.

“Don’t think about it, and its only for 10 minutes. He only lives 10 minutes away Nyeongie.” Mark said rubbing small circles on Jinyoung’s hand to calm him down and as always Jinyoung sighed and said fine.

Mark smiling in small victory, kissed his baby’s cheek and told him to get in as he was placing his bag in the backseat. The small smile wouldn’t leave his face because he was happy Jinyoung got jealous over him.

 

2011

Mark’s phone vibrated.

“Guess what hyung?” 1:31am

 

“Did you get accepted into your top choice for high school?” 1:32am

 

“Wah, you guessed it right!” 1:32am

 

“You never told me which school it was.” 1:33am

 

“Because it was a surprise hyung!!” 1:33am

 

“Well I won’t be surprised till you tell me Nyeong” 1:33am

 

“Your high school!” 1:33am

 

“Mine? You wanted to come to mine? As your top choice? Why?” 1:36am

 

“Because my pretty Mark hyung is there...” 1:40am

 

“Yah, Park Jinyoung. Is that the only reason?” 1:43am he typed back even though his heart rate picked up a lot more than before.

 

“I thought you would be happier to hear that hyung…” 1:46am

 

Sighing because he can already envision Jinyoung pouting, just pressed the call button and it was picked up on the 3rd ring.

“Hello? Why’d you call?” Jinyoung’s voice though surprised still sounded sad.

“Aigooo, my baby is pouting right? Well stop. I’m happy you’re coming to my school Jinyoungie. That means I can see you every day for once.”

“Really hyung? Are you actually happy and you’re not just saying that?

“When have I ever just said anything?”

Jinyoung chuckled and Mark realized that he really loves the sound of it.

“Hyung….”

“Yes Jinyoung?”

“It’s just, you’re turning 18 this year. And you’re graduating high school in a year. You might go to university far away from me. I realized recently…that I don’t know how much time left I have with you. So, I wanted to spend more time with you even if I’m still a child to you. That’s why I wanted to go to school with you.”

“Jinyoungie….”

“Yes hyung?”

“Open your window, I’ll be there in 5 minutes okay?”

“You’re coming over? But why?”

“Just open it and wait.” Mark said and hung up. Picking up his car keys and heading out yelling to his mom that he was spending the night at Jinyoung’s.

 

The short drive to Jinyoung’s and the familiar climb up the tree next to his window was nothing new to Mark since he has done it since he was 7 years old without fail. Except once when Jinyoung scared him and he fell and broke his leg for the first time.

Mark smiled at the memory as he eased himself through Jinyoung’s window to be greeted with an arms crossed bed-haired Jinyoung in the soft blue pajamas he bought for him a year ago.

“Hyung why did you come here? It’s almost 2am.”

“Then why did you announce your news to me at 1am?”

“I-That-I…Well….” Jinyoung dropped his hands glancing at the floor.

Mark just opened his arms widely “My cute baby Jinyoung?”

Jinyoung looked up and smiled and ran towards Mark and wrapped his arms around Mark’s neck. This time he was prepared so he easily caught the younger in a comforting hug. One of his hand tracing the lining of hair at the back of his head and the other holding the small of his back.

They stayed like that for a while till Jinyoung exhaled unto Mark’s neck causing goosebumps to rise on his skin.

“I’m going to miss you so much hyung. I don’t know what I will do without you in my life.”

“You’d live Jinyoungie” Mark joked but Jinyoung doesn’t respond so he realized he meant it seriously. He pulled Jinyoung from his neck but the younger still hid his head in his shirt.

“Jinyoung, you know we still have one year together. And even then, it’s not like I’m studying abroad in another country for university you can come see me you know. If you got your license at 15 like I did.” Mark teased.

“I’d drive over 1000 hours just to see you hyung.”

Mark chuckled at Jinyoung’s cuteness. “Tell me that when you can drive.”

“HYUNG!” Jinyoung yelled and hit his chest. “I’m being serious here.”

“And you think I’m not?” Mark asked rubbing away the pain on his chest.

Jinyoung pouted at him and Mark held his breath. Jinyoung really did grow up gorgeous. Even though he was still only 16.

Mark reached over and gently fixed Jinyoung’s bed hair, then traced his hands down to the now narrowing baby cheeks he loved, and then ran his thumb over Jinyoung’s pouty mouth.

“Even if you don’t know how to drive. It’s ok because if you need me I’ll always find my way to you. You don’t need to worry about how much time you have left with me, because I swore from the day you asked me to be your first friend that I wanted to stay by your side and protect you. The day your mom placed you in my playpen 14 years ago, was the day you were placed in my life and I don’t want, no I couldn’t ever fathom my life without you Jinyoung.”

“Mark hyung~” Jinyoung said as tears started falling from his eyes.

“Aigooo, what a crybaby.” Mark said with a small smile kissing away the tears that fell down Jinyoung’s cheeks. “How have you not changed in 14 years?”

“because I thought you wouldn’t like me anymore” Jinyoung muttered in Korean.

“I like you because you’re you Jinyoung. Even if you change your still my cute baby.” Mark responded in fluent Korean causing the younger’s eyes to widen.

“What? You thought you could get away with muttering things in Korean for more years than you already did?” Mark asked again in Korean.

“When did you learn?” Jinyoung asked back in English.

“From around middle school ish, so 5 years?”

“You mean all this time you understood what I was saying?” Jinyoung exclaimed.

“Yes.” Mark said kissing Jinyoung’s cheek.

“Like the time you said I looked y when we went to the Bahamas 2 years ago, or when you said you hated my hair color when I died it pink, or when you cursed at Jackson when he called when we were at our café together, or even the day you said I’m the only guy you call pretty. I’m still happy about that. You actually listened and didn’t call other guys pretty.” Mark trailed off with a smirk at a blushing Jinyoung.

“Oh my god hyung!” Jinyoung said blushing darker and covering his face with his hands. “You weren’t meant to hear those things.”

Mark just chuckled and waited for Jinyoung to remove his hands from his face but he didn’t.

“Jinyoung you have to face me at some point, I am staying over tonight after all.”

“Then let’s sleep then” Jinyoung muttered and without moving his hands started to stumble blindly back to his bed.  

Mark giggling at the younger’s cuteness, swept him off his feet in a bridal carry to the bed.

Jinyoung finally removed his hands from his face to wrap around the elder’s neck in shock.

“How are you so thin yet so strong?” Jinyoung asked while admiring his hyung’s side profile.

Mark gently set Jinyoung down on the bed and responded with a wink “All the better to lift you with my dear.” And laughed as he dodged the flying pillow and lied down next to Jinyoung on his twin bed which has gotten too small for them as they grew taller.

“Nyeong?”

“Mmn?”

“Are you really just going to sleep facing the other way?”

“Yes hyung.”

Mark frowned. They always slept facing each other. Finding comfort in breathing the same air, occupying the same space.

“Even if you’re pretty frowning, you’re prettier smiling hyung. Don’t frown.”

“If you don’t want me to, then turn around.” Mark poked Jinyoung’s back.

“Fine, you’re so childish hyung” Jinyoung muttered in Korean while turning to face his hyung.

“I know” Mark responded with a small smile.

They lied there staring at each other’s face which was illuminated by moonlight with small smiles on their faces.

“Where will I ever find someone who knows and understands me as well as you do Jinyoung?” Mark whispered.

“Never. I think I’m one of a kind.” Jinyoung replied with a smile.

“I think so too.” Mark then giggled. “Should we get married then like how we said we would when we were younger?”

“Hyung you can’t joke like that.” Jinyoung chastised with red ears.

“Whoever said I was joking?” Mark asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Then are you proposing right now then?” Jinyoung asked laughing a little.

“Well not right now. Plus I wouldn’t do that in bed with you. That would be later.” Mark hinted winking causing the other to blush more and roll his eyes.

“Instead I guess I’m kind of asking if you, um…like me?” Mark blushed asking.

“That’s a dumb question, of course I like you hyung.”

“Well not like the simple like, like…like like…” Mark stuttered again.

“As I said before hyung, of course I like you.”

“Ugh Jinyoung you’re making this so hard.” Mark groaned.

Jinyoung just smiled then leaned forward and pressed a quick kiss to Mark’s lips who froze in spot.

“I meant it when I said yes hyung.”

“So…so…so….will you…like…be my boyfriend then?” Mark asked.

“No one else but me could have that role anyways.” Jinyoung responded with the eye smile that Mark loved and Mark reflected with the canine filled smile that Jinyoung loved.

Mark held Jinyoung by his waist and pulled him flush against his body with one hand then caressed the other’s cheek. “You don’t know how long I’ve wanted to do this” Mark muttered before closing the gap between their lips in a deep kiss.

Once they broke away flushed and panting. Mark pressed another soft kiss to Jinyoung’s forehead.

“Why did you stop kissing me as we grew up?”

“Ugh, can we not talk about this.”

“But I’m curious…” Mark pouted and did aegyo, something he learned just for Jinyoung who was always weak to it.

“I thought you didn’t want me to kiss you like that anymore. And mom said that when friends get older they don’t kiss each other.”

“You haven’t kissed me on the lips since you were 5. Do you know how much I missed it?”

“ert…” Jinyoung muttered in Korean again.

“Just for you.” Mark responded in Korean.

“It’s going to take me a while to get used to that…” Jinyoung said blushing.

Mark tilted his head questioningly.

“It’s unbelievably y when you speak Korean, it shouldn’t be legal.” Jinyoung admitted.

“Unbelievably y?” Mark questioned while lightly squeezing Jinyoung’s peach eliciting a small moan from the smirking elder.

‘S-shut up.”

“It’s ok. I want to take you on dates, and tell our parents and wait a bit before we do anything. I love and cherish you too much to take things fast.”

“But we already know each other like we know ourselves.” Jinyoung responded blushing still.

“You’ve only seen how perfect a friend I am. I have yet to show you what an awesome boyfriend I can be though.” Mark said winking again.

“Stop, stop that. Stop being y. I want to sleep tonight.” Jinyoung complained while squeezing his eyes closed in an effort to block out Mark.

“I’m still here.” Mark whispered ily in Jinyoung’s ear causing the other to stiffen.

“Have I ever told you how much I loved your voice after puberty?”

“Not really.”

“I love your voice….and I also love you Mark hyung.”

Mark gazed at the beautiful boy in front of him. His bangs hanging over his sparkling eyes as the white moonlight bounced off his milky skin that were tinged pink and his now pinker kissed swelled lips. He had never felt love this strong in his life for anyone much less anyone outside of Park Jinyoung.

“And I you Jinyoungie. I love you my baby.”

“Baby?”

“Well, I have been calling you that since I’ve met you.”

“But now that sounds different…”

“Don’t like it?”

“No, I love it. Say it again.”

“Baby, my baby. My only baby. The love of my life. My cute baby Jinyoung” Mark said each with a press of his lips to Jinyoung.

Jinyoung then ran his fingers along Mark’s neck and cheek, “My pretty Mark hyung.”

They smiled at each other again before pressing their lips together in a longer more passionate kiss.