Confession Song

JinMark One Shots

Mark POV

It was the November of 2015, a year after their debut and they were relaxing in the recording studio after hearing the main promotion song that they would repackage for their MAD album. 

Confession Song....

There were so many things they wanted to tell the fans and this was the best way for them to express how much they loved them. But the Confession Song project made us have to help others get together as couples but what about us?

There was enough tension in the group already from all who were scared to confess to each other. 

JackBam has been going strong for a while since Jackson was straightforward the very day he figured out he liked Bambam. He used our I Like You song to confess to Bambam but it’s not really so easy for the rest of us. 

Especially me. 

I wasn't too sure myself that I liked Jinyoungie but there were certain signs that I did. 

When Jackson was telling me about his crush on Bambam I totally didn't listen to him because it just sounded so cheesy and cringe worthy and I just couldn’t but now when I started feeling the same thing I realized I should have listened to him after all.

I found myself zoning out just thinking about him at random times of the day.

I became more protective of him.

I didn’t want anyone else to sit next to or stand next to him.

I got jealous when the other members were too close to him and that was often especially since he was the umma of the group.

I got jealous when he would let Bambam sit in his lap but he would refuse to hold my hand.

I got jealous when he would lean so comfortably on Jackson but then it was only momentarily with me.

Now, having him sing that he loves someone to other has been bothering to older male so much he doesn’t know what to do.

Jaebum though had the exact opposite issue. He was able to use this song as a way to get closer to Youngjae by saying “oh we should practice our vocals for the song” or “let’s rehearse together” which made no sense since their only part in the song was just singing I love you.

Which made it so obvious that they liked each other. Jaebum just took the chance while practicing to say, “I do, I actually mean it. I love you.”

That was the second confession in our group using the song so that means it was out of the way for me to use. I sighed and rolled over in my bed. Ever since the two couples got together Jackson has been spending more time in Yugyeum and Bambam’s room causing Yugyeum to run to Junior’s room leaving him by himself in his double.

What was he supposed to do now?

A soft knock at his open door made his attention go to the figure in the bright light causing him to squint.

“Mark hyung? Are you awake” Jinyoung asked.

Mark couldn’t reply because he has been feeling Jinyoung’s rejection and hasn’t been able to deal with him recently without his emotions being all over the place. He laid in place facing the wall as he felt Jinyoung come closer to him then lied on his bed behind him and back hugged him causing him to blush and freeze up.

“Mark hyung, even though you’re asleep, I’m still going to talk to you ok?”

“I’m sorry for not always giving you as much attention as I used to. I feel like our skinship became much more meaningful lately and I don’t know. I don’t know what I am feeling and I feel so confused when I see you.”

“Mark hyung, I don’t know if I’m like the other members because Yugyeum keeps coming to me complaining about how lonely he is, but you know what? He was jealous because he came to admire you because he thought you were so cool but I got so upset hyung and I don’t even know why.”

“I don’t know if I like you or not, and I don’t know if you like me or not but one day if you do know or if I know, I would love to confess or be confessed to with our confession song. Don’t you think its cute?”

“Haha, why am I even waiting for an answer since you’re asleep? Do you mind if I sleep with you tonight? Even though I have been avoiding some our skinship, I really miss it and love it?”

“Good, I’m glad you said I could.” Jinyoung finished and snuggled more into Mark who was trying to control his breathing from that entire confession. When Jinyoung finally fell asleep, Mark turned over and kisses Jinyoung’s nose gently.

“I also don’t know if I like you Jinyoung-ah.” I said while running my hands through his beautiful dark raven black locks and looked at his beautiful sleeping face. “But I am definitely attracted to you.” He confessed.

And that really was the main truth. He always saw Jinyoung as cute but after the If You Do promotions, where the clothes became so much more fitting, and his hair got styled up more often. He was much ier in Mark’s eyes and when he danced, he couldn’t take his eyes off of him. Even though he has seen Jinyoung in almost nothing since they were all comfortable around each other in the dorm, lately he hasn’t been able to do it anymore. Every bit of skin that was exposed caused Mark’s eyes to be drawn to it.

“I’m sorry I think of you like this Jinyoungie, especially when I don’t know if you like me back the same way. Our skinship….even like this makes me happy, it’s more meaningful too. I wish we could stay like this forever.” I said and cuddled him closer. Having his scent infiltrate my nose and his warmth next to me, I soon fell asleep.

 

 

A couple months later, we had started preparing for our flight log departure album and Jinyoung and I became closer since that night. We would often sleep together but no words were said about our feelings. We went back to having our skinship but it became more secretive and we would both smile at each other when it happened. Jinyoung even asked me to collaborate on a song with him for the fly album and I gladly agreed. It accurately described me, when I was around Jinyoung and he must have felt the same because our lyrics seemed more realistic than anything else but Jinyoungie wanted it to be about a girl because as he said our “fans are so ” and will probably think it was about us slightly blushing. Jinyoung blushing was the cutest thing he had ever seen and he couldn’t help but place a kiss on his cheek and asked bravely “but isn’t it?” But before Jinyoung could respond Jackson had walked in and stole Jinyoung’s attention.

 

That ended up making their skinship awkward again but not because they were unsure of each other’s feelings but they were more scared so to confess first. Mark knew everyone else in the dorm could possibly already tell that something was going on between them and that made him shyer around the younger male but it was unavoidable that one of them would confess first and Mark decided it would be him.

 

They were shooting the trailer video for Fly and upon seeing the script, he realized it was the perfect time for him to confess. He talked to a couple staff into changing the filming in a way so that they he could show his feelings to Jinyoung and they surprisingly agreed.

In the video where they were all in the car, he was able to sit next to Jinyoung and be the friendliest to him.

When Jinyoung woke up from sleeping on the bed in the scene where it seemed like no one else could see him, he woke up to look at him and he tried to convey his feelings to him through that scene.

Even if no one else pays attention to you, I will always see you and care.

The other scene where Jinyoung found out he couldn’t fly and the others could, he asked to make sure that he was the last one that Jinyoung saw and he flashed a bright smile at him as he flew by so that to anyone it would seem like he started crying when he saw Mark.

Even if I seem to pass you by, you’re the only one I see. You’re the reason I smile.

Jinyoung seemed confused at first why there were so much scenes with him and Mark but he didn’t mind at all. The other members also seemed to play it off as nothing since they have also been seeing enough Markjin with all the photoshoots they do and also how much time they spend together regardless of the fact that they were songwriting together.

It was finally time for the scene that Mark was looking forward to the most. He was able to confess to Jinyoung the way he had asked for when he thought he was asleep. He was both nervous and excited to finally be able to tell Jinyoung how he felt.

They were all in the car together and the wind was blowing and they were supposed to act natural for the shoot but everyone but Jinyoung knew that the cameras were not filming.

So Mark sat next to Jinyoung who in turn smiled his bright smile at him that made Mark wonder if someone so beautiful would accept his confession but it was now or never.

“Jinyoung-ah,” he started gaining attention from the other. “Take one side of the earphone in your hand”

“What is this Mark?” he said joyfully detecting the lines from confession song as Mark put the headphone in his ear then Jinyoung stared out the window to keep acting for the video.

Mark pressed play on their song and it started to play.

 

Hundreds of confessions without success

I feel so unconfident should I just go back

I say I’ll confess for sure

but it’s pointless with no actions in the end

Can’t keep my head up in front of you

 

Jinyoung’s eyes widened in shock at the song choice then whipped around to stare at Mark who was nervously playing with the hem of his shirt but smiling at him in that way that always made him forget to breathe. There was no way that this could be what he thought it was.

Mark then used his finger to skip to the part of the song where his rap came on and he rapped alongside his own voice.

My heart beats like a DRUM

My arms just wait for the day to hug you tight

My calendar just waits for the day marked red

My confession just waits for my courage

Though I am still a timid fool

I hope this song I wrote for countless nights

Deliver my sincerity

 

Jinyoung covered his mouth and the small eye wrinkles appeared showing that he was smiling but he was also turning pink not believing that it was actually happening.

 

Mark then paused the song and took out the headphones and took one of his hands in his and knelt which was very hard to do in a moving vehicle.

“I loved you for a very long time, and I fall more in love with you every day. Jinyoungie….I love you.”

Jinyoung who was still happy started crying tears of joy. He was being confessed to the way he always wanted to be. Meaning that one night that he thought Mark was asleep he really wasn’t.

“So Jinyoung…..shall we?” he asked.

Jinyoung happily nodded and wrapped his arms around Mark and they hugged each other tightly.

“I loved you for a long time too Mark hyung. I didn’t think you would have loved me back……thank you for loving me.”

Mark just smiled then slowly closed the gap between them to kiss those lips he has always wanted to but never had the courage to and Jinyoung responded easily.

 

“EWWWW!” the other members chimed in the background breaking their sweet moment making them pull away.

Jinyoung hid Mark’s shirt from embarrassment. He forgot the other members where there for a moment. While Mark just laughed and held Jinyoung tighter. They were finally together.

“Ya!” Jinyoung somewhat yelled and pulled away from him. “I’m so mad at you for pretending to sleep when you weren’t.”

“Sorry?” he said still with a smile and did cute aegyo for him which he knew Jinyoung could never resist.

“Unfair hyung, how can I be so upset when my boyfriend is so handsome.” Jinyoung whined trying to be upset and failing while Mark’s smile grew more and he pulled Jinyoung into another hug. “Boyfriend?” he asked.

“Isn’t that what happens after a confession?” Jinyoung asked cheekily. “Pabo….” He said quietly and leaned in for another kiss.

“EWWWW” the other members said again and this time they almost hurled themselves out the car leaving the couple in the van alone which made them much happier.

They finally assured that they had the same feelings for each other.