Sometimes Snow Isn't all that Bad

JinMark One Shots

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. I'm a bit late cuz i got busy with the holiday season but here is a small winter based MarkJin story <3

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Mark hated snow. Being raised in warm climate places all his life and then living in the inconvenience that snow caused in college made him hate it. Sure it was pretty when everything was white, but he did not have experience walking in snow and no shoes that had traction.

 

Hence, winter was crap for him. And being the poor college student he was, he didn’t think he needed to buy winter boots until it either snowed over 3 feet or he had to leave early before they cleared the sidewalks and streets. For his three years there though, it had never given him a need to buy any.

 

Unfortunately for him, he had a final on the last day before they got kicked out of their dorms and were forced to go home. So after his final with his friends, he decided to hang out at the top of the hill in their dorms for the night celebrating the end of finals.

 

What he didn’t count on happening though was it snowing while he was in his friend’s dorm. And of course the snow people just considering that there weren’t that many students left didn’t bother to try and put salt out on the street and sidewalks.

 

He saw the aftermath and waited for an hour but it just kept snowing and there were still no snow trucks out.

 

He sighed as he saw his chances of going home safely going out the door. Alongside him. Because his friend also needed to sleep to catch his bus at 4am and it was already 2am.

 

So here he was contemplating his reason for living in one of the furthest dorms from campus all the way down the hill. It was slippery slope. In the literal sense of the word.

 

His entire trip home was a slide downhill away and a lonely one. There were no people outside at all. No cars either.

 

He started his trip tentatively taking penguin steps because just plain walking kept making his foot slip.

 

He was still on semi-flat ground and he was already half dying as it was, clinging to the railing of the bridge he had to cross.

 

As he was slowly approaching the other side, he glanced up because as shocking as it was. He heard voices.

 

As he looked up he saw a tall man wrapped in a thick winter coat and snow boots waving goodbye to a younger looking male who was also dressed properly for winter, making an easier journey across the bridge. He must have been a freshman since only freshmen live on this side of the bridge and the other must have been an upperclassman because he started walking down the hill that he was dreading.

 

Mark felt pathetic at this moment. All he was dressed in were two sweaters and wearing converse, half freezing and cannot take a step or two without wobbling or his foot sliding.

 

 

Now he knows how new born calves feel.

 

 

He finally made it across the bridge and stared at the downward incline he had to go down that he saw the guy from earlier easily and slowly walking down.

 

But you know, screw Mark’s life.

 

The first step he took to go down the hill, he slipped and actually fully fell this time. And if he didn’t have time to regret his life then, it was when he slowly noticed he was also starting to slide down the hill on his and couldn’t stop.

 

“Woah!” He yelled out as he continued to slide downhill and anything he grabbed for was not stopping him at all. Although he loved extreme sports even this was a bit much for him and he closed his eyes as the wind whipped his face.

 

When he suddenly stopped he kept his eyes shut for a bit then opened them one by one. To see a pair of legs and looking further up he saw the guy in winter coat from earlier. Well, really handsome guy in winter coat that has now seen him at the most embarrassing moment of his life. First impressions are just dandy….

 

“Thanks.” he muttered now only to look down at the snow he despised the most.

 

“No problem,” the guy muttered then offered his hand to Mark to get up.

 

Mark looked up the hand and contemplated his entire life right then and there. If he stayed down, he wouldn’t fall again, but if he took that hand, that beautifully pale smooth hand, that was offered to him, he risked slipping right again in front of the handsome guy.

 

“Do you want to stay down?” the guy asked chuckling and Mark still embarrassed just nodded.

 

The guy laughed a bit more before covering his mouth to stop. He then stooped down in front of Mark.

 

“It’s ok. We’ve all been there. But trust me, going down on foot is better.” The guy said in a warm tone and when Mark finally looked up he saw a warm smile. The man was truly handsome and Mark couldn’t help but stare. The way the white snow coating his dark hair contrasted and how each snowflake melted against his porcelain skin made Mark question how he has never seen this guy on this small hilly campus before.

 

“Let’s try walking shall we?” the guy offered and extended both his hands and this time Mark took both and the guy stood up after placing his shoes in front of Mark’s pulling Mark with him. Luckily Mark stood stably with the boy’s help.

 

They stayed a bit in that position just staring into each other’s eyes. Till the guy spoke up again still not letting go of Mark’s hands. Not that Mark minded. 

 

“I’m Jinyoung by the way.”

 

“Mark.”

 

“International student?”

 

“Yea.”

 

“From where?”

 

“U.S.”

 

“What year?”

 

“Junior.”

 

“Mmn, I’m a sophomore. Where do you live? An apartment?”

 

“No, dorm.”

 

“Oh, where?”

 

“Why?”

 

“So I can see if I can offer to walk you home.”

 

Mark felt his heart drop to his stomach and start beating a crap ton faster.  He was only able to let out 1-2 word answers because his throat had already closed up from the way Jinyoung was staring at him. What is this? Christmas snowy romance things like this only happen in dramas and bad Hallmark movies.

 

“So?” Jinyoung asked with his head cutely tilted.

 

“Wh-why would y-you want t-to?” Mark stuttered out

 

“You seemed to have difficulty walking when I saw you on the bridge. Not to mention you almost slid past me.” Jinyoung said stifling a laugh again.

 

Mark puffed out his cheeks feeling embarrassed again that he saw him earlier. Yet again they were the only people out at this time in this weather.

 

“I live in the Gothic House.” Mark said glancing to the side not being able to look in his eyes anymore.

 

“Wow, that’s far. Did you choose to live there?”

 

“Yea, I thought it would be nice. I didn’t take into account winter and the hills….”

 

Jinyoung laughed this time out loud and said “Welcome to Seoul winters.”

 

Mark just pouted again.

 

“Hey, turn that frown upside down. I’ll walk you home so you don’t die slipping down these hills.” Jinyoung said with a smile. “Can’t have you hate the beauty of snow and winter.”

 

Mark looked back at him. “Is winter you’re favourite season?”

 

“Yea! How’d you know?” Jinyoung asked with a bright smile. Mark was not about to say because your face lit up and your eyes started sparkling.

 

“Good guess.” Mark shrugged and Jinyoung smiled again. How was this man so nice?

 

“Alright, let’s get walking. You seem to be freezing with every second we stay here.”

 

“Ah, yea…lets walk then.” Mark said trying to not say he was getting warm from his feels.

 

“To start walking you’ll have to let go of one of my hands.” The guy said smiling again and Mark blushed and for once since he left his friend’s dorm he felt warm again.

 

“R-right” Mark stuttered out and let go of one of Jinyoung’s hands that he was hyperaware of holding. Jinyoung laughed again and it echoed in the empty school.

 

“You’re so cute hyung.” He said and his eyes crinkled in such a cute way and his dimples also showed and Mark couldn’t help smiling back.

 

“Wah there it is!” Jinyoung exclaimed. “A smile is better adorning that pretty face of yours.” Jinyoung said winking and holding his hand a bit sturdier. Which Mark needed because that statement made his legs go weak.

 

“And let’s be on our way.” Jinyoung exclaimed smiling at Mark again and taking the first courageous step. Mark just followed along somehow managing not to slip as much holding on to someone for support and every time he did Jinyoung quickly pulled him into a small hug to keep him upright with a smirk on his face which Mark returned with a shy thank you smile.

 

They made small talk about their majors, their hometowns, family and plans for winter break and such. Mark realized this was the fastest he had ever opened up to anyone but Mark assumes it was just the boy’s kind nature that allowed him to open up that easily to him and that patient smile that waited for him to formulate what he wanted to say in Korean or assisted him when needed since Jinyoung spoke English.

 

Jinyoung was his winter angel that saved him from the crutches of…well crutches. He was sure if he had walked home on his own he would have fell and broken something and needed crutches.

 

Though if there was a way to get crutches for his heart he would get it because he needed support for the way his heart was falling so fast for his winter angel.

 

“Mark hyung~”

 

“Mmn, Jinyoungie?” Mark answered with a smile hand still tightly grasping the other and trusting his eyes to leave the sidewalk to look up at the boy because they were on a flat walkway for once. Jinyoung quickly slung his arm around with him with his phone out.

 

“Huh?” Mark responded.

 

“Say cheese!” Jinyoung said and Mark being obedient as ever smiled as Jinyoung took a picture.

 

“What was that for?” Mark asked.

 

“I wanted to remember this moment. And plus what if you don’t remember me later. Or even worse if I tell my friends I met someone as doll-like as you and they don’t believe me.” Jinyoung said semi-teasing semi-honest.

 

Mark just blushed as Jinyoung removed his hand from around his neck to intertwine it back with Mark’s.

 

Jinyoung smiled and Mark took a step back to admire the smile the boy adorned…

 

But again Mark’s life.

 

Because the second he took a step back and stared at Jinyoung’s smiling face, it was like seeing it for the first time and it took the breath out of him. Causing him to lose his footing falling backwards.

 

“Ahh!” Mark let out a small scream and Jinyoung grabbed Mark’s other hand but the momentum from the tug downwards ended up throwing the younger boy off balance.

 

They both tumbled to the floor in a hug but upon impact with the floor Mark ended up kissing Jinyoung in a harsh press of the lips which was stranger because both of their mouths were open from shock of falling.

 

Jinyoung bounced off the kiss from the impact and tried rolling off of Mark from the shock but that threw them off the flat path and they rolled downhill together.

 

Jinyoung tucked his face into Mark’s neck and clung tightly to him, not really but still realizing he was pressing his lips unto the elder’s neck, until they hit a tree. He took a deep breath and tried to regain himself after just lying on Mark for a bit and thinking about what just happened. Mark on the other hand was frozen. Not from the cold (well yes from that too) but he just kissed a boy he just met barely 15 minutes ago and he enjoyed it as painful as it was. Just as much as he appreciated those fluffy warm lips pressed against his neck. Just having Jinyoung lie there on his chest in a tight hug was also making his heart pound more alongside the fact that they kissed.

 

Jinyoung who was trying to regain his breath, heard Mark’s thumping heart and hoped it was for what just happened rather than a fear of his life ending from falling and rolling downhill.

 

Mark was the first one to break the tentative silence and tense atmosphere where they both stayed in the position they landed in. “Well, that happened…Are you ok Jinyoungie?”

 

Jinyoung was still in shock that his first kiss was taken so easily. Not that he was complaining because Mark was handsome as hell. But what was this entire situation? What were the gods doing to him? And why was Mark’s only reaction, ‘well that happened’. Was he talking about the kiss or the fall?

 

“Jinyoungie?” Mark called out again this time trying to shift to sit up so he could see the younger’s face but wincing in pain.  

 

“Yea, I’m ok” Jinyoung quietly responded not wanting to get up from his place on Mark’s chest that he already felt so at home on.

 

Mark though, couldn’t stay in the snow any longer where it was melting below him and pushed himself to a sitting position holding Jinyoung and bringing him up with him even though the younger stayed clutched to his chest which resulted in Jinyoung semi being on Mark’s lap which he tried not to think about.

 

Mark awkwardly chuckled and patted Jinyoung’s back thinking he was still scared. “It’s ok now. We’re safe.”

 

Jinyoung shook his head. No he was not safe. His heart was not safe. His mind was not safe. Nothing about him was safe after he ran into Mark.

 

“Jinyoung?” Mark questioned again and when he didn’t respond Mark held the small Korean boy by his shoulders and gently plucked him from his chest.

 

“Oh my goodness, your lip is bleeding!” Mark exclaimed and reached for his face and Jinyoung still being in shock about what happened easily allowed Mark to cup his face in his small thin fingers. Jinyoung allowed himself to look up into Mark’s caring face and he couldn’t help blush remembering the kiss.

 

Mark gently rubbed his thumb against the blood to wipe it away. Driving away all thoughts of how much he liked Jinyoung already and hoping that this wasn’t just a fatal attraction. Because those lips of his, he can still remember the feel of them on his and is craving the feeling once again.

 

“M-Mark?”

 

“Yes?” Mark answered a bit breathlessly.

 

“We…we did just kiss right? I didn’t imagine that happening?” Jinyoung asked as if in a stupor.

 

“Yea. I’m sorry for slipping and causing this…” Mark said finally breaking eye contact to look down instead at their intertwined legs and removing his hands from Jinyoung’s face thinking that he messed up big time with the guy he just met.

 

But before his hands completely left Jinyoung’s face, Jinyoung finally let go of his jacket that he was holding tightly and instead grabbed Mark’s hands to put them back on his face and hold it there.

 

And there they were holding hands again on Jinyoung’s smooth face and Mark’s heartbeat sped up again.

 

“I didn’t really mind” Jinyoung answered honestly and quickly. Then continued.

 

“If anything, it was my fault you know? I was the one who offered to walk you back safely then also lost balance. And even after we fell if I didn’t move we wouldn’t have rolled all the way down here. So you have nothing to be sorry for if anything I should be the one that’s sorry you know? Haha, I think its-“

 

“Jinyoung.” Mark cut him mid-rant and stared back into his eyes and he could get lost in those eyes forever.

 

“You’re bleeding again…” Mark muttered before leaning in and kissing the corner of Jinyoung’s bottom lip. The younger just closed his eyes and Mark gently the injured area. Unsure of what his body was doing but loving it nonetheless and happy that Jinyoung hadn’t pushed him away as yet.

 

Mark the cut again and a bit tasting the sweetness that was Jinyoung with the metallic taste of his blood. Jinyoung gasped as he gently on that side of his bottom lip with his heart pounding till Mark pulled away slowly.

 

Jinyoung still had his eyes squeezed tightly shut as Mark smiled. “Saliva helps to heal cuts. Bio major.” Mark said trying to justify his actions as Jinyoung opened his eyes staring at him with a look that spoke a million words.

 

He knew he was trying to fool himself instead of Jinyoung but it just wasn’t working. He already liked the younger a bit too much for only knowing each other for 20 minutes.

 

“Hey Mark?” Jinyoung asked not knowing where he got the confidence from.

 

“Mmn Jinyoungie?” Mark responded trying to smile and force the butterflies from his stomach from hearing the younger call his name.

 

“Can we fall again?” Jinyoung asked softly but Mark still heard because they were still in close proximity.

 

“What...what do you mean?” Mark questioned not sure what the younger was implying.

 

“I already fell. Did you?” Jinyoung asked with a double meaning and Mark was trying his best to come up with an answer knowing this would be important.

 

“I fell, but I wouldn’t mind doing it again.” Mark finally answered softly as well and that is all it took for Jinyoung to shove him back down pushing both his hands he had intertwined with his above his head. Mark landed with a confused grunt from the compromising situation. Not fully expecting that from the younger.

 

The next was somewhat expected but he was still shocked when Jinyoung leaned down to him and kissed him for real this time.

 

Mark didn’t hesitate to kiss him back and just took this as his own K-drama. His own Hallmark Movie. His own love story. His own fate that wasn’t so bad after all.

 

Lying with his back in the snow and warm lips pressed to his and warm body against his which was also heating up made him realize, snow wasn’t so bad after all if it could give him moments like this.