Two Honest People Meet

JinMark One Shots

Hello Everyone!!! It's been a long time right? Haha, I'm sorry~~ I'm on winter break though so I'll be here more often with more Jinmark one-shots for all of you. Sorry for lack of updates cuz you know college and homework. Going to an Ivy League is a lot more stressing than it seems lol. Butttttt Got7's fanmeet in US. Who's going? I know I am haha. Well here's a super long oneshot i had typed up since my bus trip home. :) Enjoy and please feel free to comment ^^ See you in next chapter

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It was Jinyoung’s freshman year in college and he was so tired and homesick. He had been in Seoul for too long and he missed the smell of the ocean and the taste of the food his mother used to make him and he missed his annoying older sisters. He tried so hard in school just so that he can impress his family since he got a scholarship to go to one of the most prestigious schools in Seoul.

 

He hadn’t really made a lot friends since he stood out due to his Busan accent but a lot of his friends found it cute. He even made a few foreigner friends from his English language class but most of his friend circle came from his dance performance team he joined.

 

He was hoping that he wasn’t that popular over the campus but he knew that when he walked around campus there are a few glances and happy giggling from girls but he still wasn’t happy about it that much like the other guys on his team like Jackson.

 

 

All he wanted was to have another group of close friends, do well in school and hopefully fall in love.

It wasn’t a lot to ask for out of life at all.

He got the first two already.

 

 

But the third option was talking a while to happen and the rate he was busy at school and people more so stared than talked to him in class or on campus, he didn’t see it happening at all.

 

He also knew his personality took some adjusting to since he was super honest and sometimes savage. But apart from that, he was very motherly and easily took care of his friends. It was a bit contradictory at first sight because he came off as cocky but was actually a sweet person. He knew all these faults but he still had hoped that someone would love him for this.

 

He had his 5 best friends already. All in the same dance club as him and probably all as weird in their own way as he was weird as well. Hanging around weird people brought out more of his weirdness and if he wanted to attract anyone he had to be somewhat normal but again, he didn’t see that happening at all.

 

Jinyoung was patiently waiting in the snow with his fellow schoolmates for the late bus to take him to Busan. All of his other friends either lived in Seoul or was travelling internationally for the winter break.

 

He sighed to himself and changed the song he was listening to, to one that was much happier hoping that would make his loneliness go away. He sighed again and kicked at the snow trying to ignore the happy chatter of everyone else around him. The only thing that was making him somewhat happy was that he was going to see his family in around 6 hours but till then he had to sit next to a stranger and try not to be awkward.

 

The bus finally came and he shoved his suitcase inside of the compartment and went inside the bus to see it almost completely full except for two seats and both of them were occupied by the obnoxious people’s possessions. This is what he gets for boarding the bus at the last stop on campus.

 

He mentally did a small game of eenie meenie minie moe and then tapped the guy with blonde hair with headphones sipping on coffee, who looked really reluctant to give up his seat and Jinyoung had to resist just forcing the guy to move his crap so he can sit but instead he just asked nicely and the guy sighed and moved his things to the corner.

 

Jinyoung thanked him silently and put his bags down and took of his coat awkwardly bumping hands with the guy multiple times who just kept staring at him the entire time which he found mildly disturbing.

 

After Jinyoung was settled, he turned to the boy who was still staring at him about to ask If he had something on his face or something but as soon as they made eye contact he glanced out the window as if there was something fascinating out there and continued to drink his coffee.

 

Jinyoung gave up and turned up his music and took out a book and started to read while the guy took out his computer and started to watch some show he didn’t know the name of but looked American.

 

This was going to be a long ride Jinyoung thought to himself as he opened the book to his bookmarked page.

 

Jinyoung guesses it was 4 hours of sleep he had got the night before travelling since he packed late or maybe the fact he didn’t eat all day but it all resulted in him falling asleep in the seat next to the boy.

 

He only realized he did when he woke up about an hour or two later disoriented and comforted by warmth on one side of his body. He opened his eyes to find himself lying on the shoulder of the boy, cuddled into his side and their legs pressed against each other for warmth with the other boys hand on his hand over his leg. Jinyoung blushed and slowly lifted himself off the said boy and disentangle himself to glance at his face to see if he found it awkward but he saw that the boy himself was sleeping as well. He also saw that he fell asleep with his drink in his hand and his motherly instincts kicked in as he took it out of his hand and placed it in the cup holder checking if he didn’t wake the said boy.

 

Now that he had more hours of sleep he’d assume he was less cranky and was now able to just see how gorgeous the man he had set next to was. He had beautiful pink pouty lips and his blonde hair even though it seemed dyed seemed natural. Staring more at his small narrow face, Jinyoung noticed he didn’t look Korean and guessed he was also a foreigner and maybe that is why he didn’t speak to him at all when he talked to him earlier.

 

His style of dressing was also pretty American but ironically Jinyoung spotted that they were wearing couple shirts. His white t-shirt was the exact same as his black one. This just made Jinyoung more curious about why such a guy would be going to Busan of all places. He didn’t notice he was just admiring the guys face until the said guy said with a deep voice that was deepened even more from sleep “Are you going to keep staring?” in English.

 

Jinyoung, flustered at being caught stopped immediately and stared at his hands instead and started fiddling with them.  “So-sorry. I didn’t mean to.” He also responded in English.

 

“I guess it’s fine.” The guy continued and started to stretch in the confined space of the seats.

 

“Hey do you know how much time do we have till we reach Busan?” They boy asked Jinyoung again who refused to look at his face again in case he got caught in a gaze that would hold him in them forever.

 

Jinyoung glanced at his watch and then responded “Maybe two hours?”

 

“Oh I see. Thanks.” The guy said going back to staring out the window since Jinyoung refused to look at him.

 

An hour passed in the awkwardness of Jinyoung glancing at the guy then at his phone and him glancing at Jinyoung then back out the window where there wasn’t much to see but just darkness.

 

“Hey, stop making that face. You’re making this more awkward than it needs to be.” The boy retorted again in English out of nowhere while still not looking at Jinyoung.

 

“Sorry…..”

 

“No need to be”

 

Silence again.

 

The guy sighed. “If this was about you falling asleep on me, I didn’t mind.”

 

Jinyoung finally gave in and turned to meet the gaze of the guy who was also staring back at him and regretted his decision the very minute he did.

 

The guy had such pretty honey brown eyes that were peering into his heart and confusing everything it ever knew.

 

“I know I don’t know you but there’s no need to make things weird. We all fall asleep on bus trips. It’s not your fault if you tip and land on someone.”

 

Jinyoung instead of responding just kept staring because for some strange reason all his English flew from his mind. Heck, all his Korean also left him.

 

“Hey, you do understand English right? I automatically assumed since you responded in English…” the boy asked confused.

 

“No-no I do. Thanks for not thinking it was weird. But, if I may ask, where are you from?” Jinyoung asked not holding back his curiosity anymore.

 

“Ah I’m from LA, in Cali. California. You know the US. America.” The blonde responded slowly, adding each part as if to clarify his previous statements.

 

“Yea I know LA. I went there on vacation once.” Jinyoung sharply cut him before he kept going.

 

“Wow, no need for the sass. By the way, you’re English is pretty good for someone from Busan.” The blonde commented with a smirk on his face.

 

Jinyoung wanted to wipe that smirk directly off from such a comment but just for now, his pride in his hometown was getting deterred by how y that smirk was on his stupid beautiful face.

 

From Jinyoung’s silence with his poker face that he had on the blonde continued “I didn’t mean that offensively. I just usually say what comes to my mind.”

 

At that Jinyoung eased up at finding someone who was like him and smiled at his seat neighbour for the first time and the guy visibly retreated back from him making Jinyoung frown.

 

“What?” Jinyoung asked confused

 

The guy blinked a couple times then responded. “It’s just…Your smile is so bright. It threw me off for a minute. I didn’t expect it to be that precious.”

 

Jinyoung just blushed a lot and didn’t know what to say staring doe-eyed at him. He knew he was blunt but this was a kind of blunt he was not used to at all.

 

“You should smile more often.” The blonde said with a small smile on his face which Jinyoung found super adorable. “Side note, red ears are also pretty cute on you.”

 

“Wh-what?” Jinyoung stuttered out.

 

The blonde slapped his lips and shook his head causing the hair from his part to fall out of place. “Sorry, no filter. I didn’t…I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable.”

 

Jinyoung also having no impulse control on his OCD and motherly instincts reached out to fix the blonde’s hair while muttering “It’s ok. You just made me a bit flustered.”

 

It was the blonde’s turn to start turning a slight shade of pink that started from his nose and spread to his cheeks.

 

Jinyoung only after finishing his task of making the blonde’s (oh so soft) hair go back to its perfect state realized that he was leaned in really close to this stranger’s face and his hand was still lingering close to his face and as he glanced down from his hair to his eyes they were as filled with curiousity and admiration as his were.

 

Jinyoung quickly pulled away also just realizing the words he just said and stared at his hands instead. “Sorry. Was that weird to say?”

 

“No, you just made me flustered as well.” The boy openly admitted causing Jinyoung and him to blush more.

 

“Honestly, It’s interesting to find someone who’s as honest as me….” Jinyoung said while still staring at his hands.

 

“Ah, same here. A lot of people have found me rude since I transferred here 3 years ago.” The blonde said staring at his hands as well.

 

“It’s ok people have always found me rude. They just had to deal with it.” Jinyoung said with a small bitter smile.

 

Mark smiled at him. “Well I’d love to deal with it. I’m Mark Tuan. Just call me Mark. Nice to meet you.” The blonde said turning to him with an outstretched hand.

 

Jinyoung happy at the words the boy just uttered turned around with another smile and took his hand and held it instead of shaking it. “Jinyoung. Park Jinyoung. Let’s be friends okay? I like you.”

 

Mark flustered at the confession now was at a loss for words and just nodded. Especially when Jinyoung was staring at him with such a bright smile and his eyes forming the cutest crinkles around them. This honesty was something he had never faced in all his life and as glad as he was to meet someone that was the same way, it was baffling nonetheless that a small bus trip for a vacation could make him meet someone like him.

 

“What brings you to Busan anyways Mark?” Jinyoung asked animatedly turning to face him in his seat making Mark very taken aback. He was usually shy and having someone this outgoing and honest kinda made him want to retreat a bit. But he was so drawn in by the boy’s handsome features and alluring white smile and his voice that sounded like music to his ears. Plus, there was no retreating with 45 minutes left on a bus sitting next to each other.

 

“I’m visiting my friends Wooyoung and Taecyeon.” Mark responded now a bit shy.

 

“Wait…Ok Taecyeon and Jang Wooyoung?” Jinyoung questioned.

 

“Yes?” Mark answered.

 

Jinyoung’s eyes and face lit up even more than before and Mark thought he could possibly go blind from how blindingly handsome the boy before him was.

 

“Dude! They’re my sunbaes from high school. They both live next to and across the street from me! Will you be staying with them?”

 

Mark nodded his head.

 

“Which one?”

 

“Wooyoung”

 

“You’ll be across the street from me then. Wow this is a small world indeed.” Jinyoung said falling into thought. “Guess I’ll be seeing you around then.” Jinyoung said flashing Mark another smile and at this point he felt attacked. What were his chances that this could happen? Just a couple minutes ago the same boy didn’t even want to look him in the eye. They fell into a comfortable silence after Mark also smiled back at him.

 

“Mark?” Jinyoung asked questioningly and Mark had to swallow to ignore how beautiful his name sounded off of his tongue.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Well, I was curious about something.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Why did you let me sleep on you? You could have woken me up you know?” Jinyoung said a shy tone in his voice again as the tips of his ears started turning pink again.

 

“You looked like an angel sleeping. And they say if you wake an angel it would cause bad luck.” Mark responded and then realizing what he said covered his mouth again and stared out the window to avoid Jinyoung’s shocked face.

 

What he didn’t expect though was chuckling from the other and the muttering in Korean of “But you’re the one with the visual of a God though. You can wake up an angel.”

 

Mark blushed and responded back in Korean “God is a bit too much isn’t it?”

 

Jinyoung then stared at him in horror and covered his mouth again which finally made Mark laugh loudly which immediately got shushed by others on the bus but he still laughed regardless at the shock and embarrassment on the other’s face.

 

Mark tried calming himself down to smaller giggles while Jinyoung tried to compose his breathing because if Mark thought his smile was blinding, his was like a thousand suns. His laugh was so pure and his face so happy Jinyoung found himself smiling as well.

 

“Sorry, did you only assume I spoke English?” Mark asked back again in Korean switching completely and Jinyoung could only now nod because his native tongue has never sounded so great on a foreigner’s lips. Thank God for inventing Mark Tuan to speak Korean.

 

“Well yes. We haven’t spoken anything else since we started talking!” Jinyoung exclaimed a bit appalled.

 

“Sorry, haha” Mark said not really apologetically but noticing Jinyoung’s intense stare. “What is it? Are you mad?”

 

“No, just surprised. Your smile is pretty too. Overly so.” Jinyoung admitted with a straight face again which caused Mark to blush for only God knows how many times so far.

 

“Thanks…”

 

Jinyoung and Mark kept the gaze and for once Jinyoung understood what all the books he read of sparks flying spoke of. It was like electricity was being passed between them but also like they both had magnets in each other that drew them closer. Jinyoung really thought that he might just die because he keeps forgetting how to breathe.

 

Mark on the other hand felt like his life finally fell into place with finding someone that relates to him so well and in all those cheesy Hallmark movies he watched, he understood what they meant by when the other person got closer he felt like they were the only two people in the world. At first he thought this lonely bus ride to a port city to see his friends he hasn’t seen in years would have been terrible because he couldn’t get a flight home, but right now, there was nowhere in this world he'd rather be than sitting next to Jinyoung on a packed bus that kept jerking from bumps in the road.

 

They both felt as if their senses came alive and almost like the puzzle piece they didn’t even know they were missing in life that they've been trying to find fell right into place.

 

“Hey Jinyoung…” Mark started to break the staring battle they were just having.

 

“Mmn” the other hummed.

 

 

“We wi-” Mark started but fell silent as the lights in the bus and the announcement sound came from the bus speakers and the driver’s voice came over.

 

“Good evening. We have now arrived at the bus stop. So please take a minute to collect your things as the bus will be stopping shortly. Thank you for riding with us and I hope you all have a pleasant night and a great winter break.”

 

After the announcement there was a lot of shuffling noises and murmuring and Jinyoung couldn’t wrap his mind around how 2 hours were so short. When people started getting up Jinyoung panicked.

 

“Yah, Mark. Give me your phone and let’s exchange numbers.” Jinyoung exclaimed as he reached in his pocket for his.

 

Mark also took out his and opened the screen to the add contacts screen and swapped phones with Jinyoung and then handed it back to each other and Jinyoung hugged his phone.

 

“Thank goodness. I thought I’d never get to contact you unless I run into you around here.”

 

Mark just chuckled at how cute he was being. “I’ll be living across the street from you if you don’t remember that.”

 

Jinyoung eyes widened and immediately blushed embarrassed he forgot and came off that desperate. “Oh right…” then to change the topic he looked back at Mark “What were you going to say before the announcement came on?”

 

Mark sighed as he saw the bus was emptying of students. “Let’s hang out over this break. I mean this is your hometown right?” and Jinyoung nodded. “Promise to be my tour guide?” Mark asked back in English sticking out his finger.

 

Jinyoung smiled and gladly wrapped his finger around Mark’s then swung it so that their thumbs will touch. “No doubt about it man.”

 

They were the last students left on the bus so with a smile at each other they packed up their things and got up and went outside where their luggage were the only ones lingering on the sidewalk.

 

“Have a good break boys.” The driver said to them as they passed by and they bowed and wished him the same.

 

When they walked outside the terminal Jinyoung was attacked by his two older sisters and mother and father while Mark casually walked over to Wooyoung and Taecyeon who came to pick him up.

 

They all stood exchanging greetings on opposite sides of each other until Jinyoung excused himself from his family to run over and hug Mark who was to say the least very shocked.

 

With his head on Mark shoulder’s he casually greeted his hyungs who were also pretty shocked but happy to see him back.

 

“Jin-Jinyoung…What what are you doing?” Mark stuttered out in English because his Korean ability left him the minute the boy decided to back hug him and wrap his arms around him.

 

“I just realized I’ll miss you and I’m happy I met you today. Text me when you get settled in ok?” Jinyoung let out in rushed English.

 

“Mmn….I will.” Mark responded a bit shy since his friends were watching.

 

Jinyoung automatically detached and was about to run off from embarrassment when Mark grabbed his wrist and pulled him back into a hug but one he could reciprocate. Jinyoung let out a very manly squeak as his cap fell off from the impact but easily adjusted and hugged Mark back.

 

Mark then pulled back a little and placed a small kiss on his forehead. “I like that your this honest with me. You better respond when I text.”

 

It was finally Jinyoung’s turn to be shy and he just nodded and pulled away, grabbed his cap from the floor running back to his family ignoring the whistles his hyungs were giving him and Mark.

 

As they both decided to leave, they waved to each other and they both couldn’t erase the dumb grins on their faces.

 

Jinyoung said all he wanted from University was to have another group of close friends, do well in school and hopefully fall in love.

 

It wasn’t a lot to ask for out of life at all.

 

He had first two, but now from a small bus trip, he definitely had the third. He was hopelessly in love with the blindly gorgeous blonde foreigner Mark Tuan.