Surprise-Everything Changed pt 2

JinMark One Shots

Mark and Jackson returned to base to be greeted by Jae and Jimin making out on the couch while Kevin, Eric and Peniel were chilling on the couch watching TV and Alex and Benji were playing pool in the corner.

 

Kevin was the first to spot them and pulled away from his kiss to smile at them. “What took you guys this long to come back?”

 

The other people in the room stopped what they were doing to greet Mark and Jackson.

 

Jackson walked forward and put the goods on the table. “We got chased by Bambam and his Thai gang again all because this idiot.” He pointed at Mark. “Was hesitating again and apparently has some history with them.”

 

They all turned to Mark who just shrugged and walked off leaving everyone confused and dependent on Jackson for information. Mark went up the stairs to his room and locked the door. He didn’t want to think about the day at all. He didn’t want to think about how he almost messed up the mission again today. He didn’t want to think about what Jinyoung has been doing to his life that was just fine before.

 

Mark threw himself on his bed and lied there for a bit with his eyes closed. He wishes he could just forget Jinyoung and go back to his broken life.

 

While lying there he heard a couple knocks on his door.

 

He didn’t make a sound because he wanted to ignore everyone in the house right now.

 

“Yah Mark, its me Jay. Open up right now we need to talk.” Jay asked quietly but demanding.

 

At this Mark’s eyes flew open. Their boss Jay Park came just to him. Oh god no.

 

Mark quickly got out his bed and headed to the window and opened it.

 

“Mark if you don’t open this door right now, I will open it for you. I know you’re in there” he said threateningly but the tone nor volume of his voice rose.

 

Mark swung his body out the window and held on to the vine that crawled alongside the wall of the building and quickly crawled down. As soon as he hit the floor he heard his door being forced open with a bang.

 

That was Mark’s cue to run as fast as he can down the street hoping to put enough distance in between them so that they wouldn’t chase him.

 

Mark was able to get away without any trouble and when he saw that he wasn’t being chased he slowed down to a stroll. He ended up in the shopping district, a place he never visited because people always wanted to ask him to take a picture with him since it was so obvious he was a foreigner. Most people often thought he was from Hawaii since he was so tan but still Asian. He would want to explain that is what Californian sun would do to anyone but he couldn’t due to his lack of vocabulary and he didn’t want to speak Korean anyways.

 

He decided to stroll through the mall. He needed new clothes anyways and Jae had just distributed pay earlier in the week.

 

Mark bought a couple more oversized tees and sweatshirts and some more skinny jeans. He was satisfied with his shopping and was about to try to return home since he had wasted 2 hours but as he was walking down the hallway of the mall peacefully a man in a suit put his hand on his shoulder.

 

Thankfully for the man both his hands were filled with bags and he couldn’t automatically swing a punch his way so Mark just turned around to face the business man.

 

“May I help you?” he asked in English hoping that the effort of trying to speak English would scare the man off but it didn’t work.

 

“Hi, I’m sorry to stop you while you’re shopping but, I think you’re really handsome.” The man said in perfect English without an accent making Mark curious because he was sure the man was 100% Korean.

 

“Are you hitting on me? That’s really really strange man.” Mark responded taking a step back from the weird Korean man.

 

He just smiled and looked like he was trying to hold in a laugh. “How old are you?”

 

“I’m not telling you creep.” Mark said and was about to walk away when the man grabbed his wrist to stop him. Yea he was 100% Korean.

 

“Sorry, let me explain myself.” The man said reaching inside his pocket of his suit and pulling out a card and handing it out to Mark. “I’m a recruiter for JYP Entertainment. I think you would do really well as a trainee at our company. What do you think?”

 

Mark took the card and saw that he was actually legit but was still dumbfounded. “Uhhhh…..”

 

“Just give me a call on the number on the card if you’re interested and then we can get you into a quick audition.” The man said and then smiled at Mark then waved and walked away.

 

Mark stood there for a bit still shocked that that happened to him. But then it came to him.

 

If he became a trainee at JYP he could see Jinyoung.

He can finally meet him after all this time. He can be with Jinyoung.

He could finally have what he wanted what is time to meet and be with Jinyoung and get to know him.

 

His phone started vibrating in his pocket and it took him out of his thoughts. Mark quickly pocketed the card and then took out his phone instead. It was Jay. .

 

He couldn’t ignore his call. That was a rule of being in the gang.

 

“Hello?” he answered a bit nervously.

 

“Mark get home now. We need to talk.” He said simply then hung up on him.

 

Mark sighed and picked up his bags and then started on his walk home. How could he just dream about this when he knew it would be almost impossible to leave the gang?

 

He walked home with a heavy heart and when he reached the house he sighed and entered again for the second time that day. This time he was only greeted by Kevin who was casually flipping through a magazine lounging on the couch. He looked up from his magazine to gaze at Mark and then looked back at his book. “You’re in a load of trouble.”

 

“I know I know.” Mark whined and then walked to his room to drop off his bags and then climbed the stairs to the fifth floor which only belonged to their boss.

 

“Yah! I’m here!” Mark yelled and just stood in the hallway, he didn’t feel like figuring out what room Jay was occupying this day.

 

“Last room on the left!” he heard Jay respond and Mark walked in the direction he was given.

 

He entered the room with much more bravado than he thought possible. It wasn’t that he was scared of Jay, it was just that he knew he controlled whether he stayed here or not and Mark didn’t want to be homeless.

 

“Finally. You’re here Mark.” Jay said while still lying on the queen bed staring at the ceiling. Mark just stared at him unsure of what to do. Jae patted the space on the bed beside him and Mark went over to it and lied also facing the ceiling but put a sizeable distance between him and Jay.

 

“You’re causing a lot of trouble lately.”

 

“I know”

 

“You’re ruining a lot of missions.”

 

“I know.”

 

“You could do better Mark.”

 

“I know.”

 

“No, I don’t mean it that way.” Jay said turning on his side to face Mark which led Mark to do the same. They had eye contact for a while. Jay wasn’t bad looking at all to Mark but all the tattoos he had was definitely a turn off for him. Wait why was he even thinking about that right now? Damn you Jinyoung.

 

“I think you could do better than being with us Mark.”

 

Marks eyes doubled in size. Was their leader actually telling him that he doesn’t belong here?

 

“We’re not close but I want better for you. The others here are adapted to what we do and they accepted it. I haven’t seen you comfortable once since I took you in a year ago. And to be truthful, I only did so because I pitied you not because I thought you’d be useful.”

 

Damn. Well that hurt my pride a bit….Mark thought.

 

“I wanted to call you in here to tell you that at any point if you wanted to leave, just tell me and it would be ok. I don’t want you to feel a burden towards us. But don’t forget your hyung ok?” Jay continued and Mark could finally hear the Korean in the American male.

 

Mark flashed him a smile and did something really rare and hugged Jay.

 

“Y-yah! What are you doing? Get the off.” He said but didn’t move to push Mark off so he stayed hugging Jay then muttered “Thanks so much Jay, for everything…”

 

“This isn’t a drama. Stop being so cheesy.” Mark felt him cringe and Mark let him go laughing and soon Jay also joined in.

 

“No matter what, I’m happy I joined you guys. You are all invaluable friends to me.” Mark said smiling and Jay kicked him off the bed causing him to fall.

 

“Stop being so cheesy and get out of my sight” He said meaning to be menacing but it came out docile and caring.

 

Mark just got up off the floor and stared at the figure who had turned to face the wall instead of him and then just bowed and left the room. It was the first time he had ever bowed to anyone by choice. But this time, Jay hyung actually deserved his respect and he was going to take that offer. When Mark got back to his room he immediately called the man who gave him his card.

 

5 months later

 

 

Mark was in his car getting driven by his manager to the photoshoot location. Mark leaned back in his chair and sighed. It’s been 4 months since he left the gang and joined JYP as a model. During his short time, he got many requests and soon became a sought after model due to his build and his face. He was happy for once that he was pretty and since all he did was take pictures he didn’t need to talk in Korean that much. It was a truly perfect life that he had hoped for. He still talks to the members of the gang especially Jackson and Jay but it was limited after his schedule started becoming busy. His main regret was that even though he joined JYP he hasn’t seen Jinyoung once.

 

He learned that the idol group was super popular and he was in was promoting in China so he hasn’t even had the chance to see him or get his contact information or anything at all. Mark sighed.

 

“Mark are you still depressed because you still don’t know who you’re partner for the day will be?” his manager asked him using the mirror to look back at him.

 

“No, not really. But I am curious.” Mark responded.

 

Right, he had to focus on work not Jinyoung….

 

“You’re really lucky for being able to shoot with him you know. He’s a really popular idol that many models really want to work with. He chose you for this shoot.”

 

Mark’s eyes opened at that news. “Wait he chose me? Why me?”

 

“No one knows for sure.”

 

“Do you want to tell me who it is? Hyung? Mmn?” Mark asked using aegyo.

 

“Yah. Stop that. I’m not allowed to tell. He specifically asked to keep it a secret until you get there.”

 

“He? As in the idol asked that? Oh come one hyung just tell me.” Mark almost begged.

 

“No Mark, so just shut up until we get to the location.” Mark pouted and looked out the window. His manager hyung was so stubborn but he was the only one who could say no to Mark when he uses aegyo.

 

 

 

 


“We’re here Mark. Get out and go greet the staff” his manager ordered him opening the door and handed him some containers containing multiple coffee.

 

“Yes sir!” he fake saluted and took the coffee and went inside towards the shoot which seemed beach themed. This again….he thought…..why would an idol want to do a beach shoot with him? Was he secretly a ert?

 

Mark shook those thoughts out of his head and put on a smile. “Good afternoon everyone. I’m Mark Tuan, a model at JYP Entertainment. Please take care of me today.” He said in perfect Korean. It has gotten better since working in the Korean industry but it still wasn’t perfect.

 

He bowed to everyone and they bowed back. “I hope everyone can enjoy this treat. I will work hard.”

 

They all smiled and a few of them even clapped from his effort and he smiled. The photographer for the day came over to him happily.

 

“Mark ssi, I’m so glad you’re here. As you can see, today’s theme is a fun beach summer concept. I think you and your partner will have great chemistry so don’t let me down ok?”

 

Mark barely understood much but he just said yes and bowed smiling like how he was taught to do when he didn’t understand.

 

The photographer just laughed and patted him on the back and walked away. After he walked away a girl came up to him, “The clothes we want you to wear are in the room to the back on the right. Please get dressed and come back out.” Mark assumed she was the stylist since she said the word clothes, so he bowed and headed in the direction that she pointed to.

 

When he reached the end of the hallway there were two doors and they were not labeled. Mark couldn’t remember which door she said to go in so Mark just chose a random door and opened it.

 

Well it was the wrong door.

 

He opened the door to find a shirtless male with his back to him who was about to turn towards who opened the door but Mark quickly closed it and went to the other door and tried to calm his beating heart.

 

That man was so y……His back was so beautiful and his dark hair that contrasted with his pale skin was beautiful….

 

Mark felt himself getting red and had to slap his cheeks to get himself to stop. He hasn’t thought about another guy like that since he saw Jinyoung. Mark didn’t know why but he felt like he was cheating on Jinyoung by thinking about his model partner like that. Mark was here for work and he knew Jinyoung was in China promoting his new song. Mark snapped himself out of it and quickly got dressed and headed to make-up and hair stylist.

 

When Mark was done he still hasn’t seen his partner to be. He was getting impatient and overly curious.

 

Mark was about to turn to his manager to complain when a pair of hands covered his eyes.

 

“Manager hyung, this isn’t funny. Stop right now.” He said in English.

 

“Your manager do this to you? I’m jealous.” The man covering his eyes said.

 

That English…..that voice……it couldn’t be…..

 

Mark was shaking. It just couldn’t be. Mark held the hands covering his face and slowly pulled them off his eyes. The hands fit perfectly in his just like Jinyoung’s did.

 

No way……

 

“Are you not going to turn around? Not curious?” he asked and Mark was sure it was him. After all this time…..it was him….

 

“Jin-Jinyoung?” he asked shakily.

 

“Ding!” he said happily and came around in front of Mark. “Surprise! It’s been a while hasn’t it Mark?” he asked beaming the smile Mark fell in love with at first sight at him.

 

“When I said come find me at JYP, I never expect you would be model.” He said sassily tilting his head while Mark still stared unbelievingly at the man in front of him.

 

“Park Jinyoung?” Mark questioned again to make sure he wasn’t seeing things again.

 

“Yes Mark?” he answered cutely and that was all it took and Mark lunged towards him and wrapped his arms around his neck and hugged him.

 

“Y-yah, what what are yo you doing? We’re still at work.” Jinyoung stuttered out.

 

“I missed you. I thought I’d never see you again. I thought I was just going to think about you for the rest of my life. I thought you would have forgotten me. I think I love you.” Mark said really quickly and whispered the last thing but Jinyoung caught and understood all of it so he hugged Mark back not caring what looks the staff were giving them.

 

“I miss you too Mark. I never forget you. But one thing” he said and Mark pulled away from the hug confused and also embarrassed because he knew he just confessed everything a while ago.

 

Jinyoung fixed the hair that Mark so easily messed up and whispered. “I don’t think, I know I love you. Thank you for leaving bad people and coming to me.”

 

Mark just grinned up at Jinyoung who just smiled back at him.

 

“I’m happy you guys have chemistry and all but save it for the camera. I know you are a top idol but that doesn’t mean you can make me wait for so long. And you new model, don’t be influenced by him” the photographer said scaring them both and causing the jump away from each other. Jinyoung blush more than Mark because he understood it more.

 

“If you’re done, let’s get this shoot started.” He said and then walked expecting the other two to follow. Jinyoung just glanced at Mark who had and equally red face and they both laughed awkwardly.

 

Jinyoung then extended his hand to Mark who eagerly took it and fitted their hands together like they were created just to hold each other’s hands.

 

“Let’s go.” Jinyoung said.

 

“Mmn.” Mark replied with a smile.

 

It happened Jackson. I got to meet him again. My dream came true. I'm with Park Jinyoung and he said he loves me. There is nothing more I want in the world now. That and I'm glad I wasn't cheating by thinking some other man was y.

 

I stared at his back as he pulled me towards the set.

 

There is nothing more I need now that I have Park Jinyoung and he is holding my hand.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Haha omg what kind of ending was that…….I’m so sorry guys, did you guys enjoy this chapter and ending to the other chapter…..its still technically a one shot I think?....Mian. But I have inspiration for next one shot so be ready :) See you soon. Comment please ^^ they make me know if im doing a good job haha