Kyungsoo ~ Mia Woods

We Will Meet Again (KaiSoo ft. ChanBaek, HunHan, & SuLay)

A bottle of pills was handed to me. "This should prevent the headaches. Make sure to stop taking it when they're completely gone."

I took the bottle, reading my name written in English, and how I had to take this at bedtime. "And for sleep?" I questioned.

The doctor picked up the other bottle next to him, and held it out. "This should be enough. If you still can't sleep, be sure to call."

"Thanks, Doctor Frost." I nodded with a faint smile. I placed the small bottles in my jacket pocket, zipping the pocket up. I left the room, also zipping the jacket and stuffing my hands into my jean pockets. The medications were to help me. Because recently, I'd been getting these throbbing headaches, just after my relationship with Jongin was exposed. I took notice that I either didn't sleep or I slept for one hour to two in one night. Not that I wasn't tired, I just couldn't do it.

I'm not officially diagnosed with insomnia, but the medicine is for insomniacs, as far as I know. I just hope it's the stress talking, and not insomnia. That's the last thing I need.

As I was walking towards the hospital's exit, and about ready to put sunglasses on my face, I heard one of my recent songs playing in a room. I stopped in my tracks, glancing into the room the song was coming from. On the bed sat a pretty girl, maybe fifteen, with long, natural, red hair and blue eyes. She was small, frail, and her skin had to be even paler than my own. She was holding a pencil with her left hand and sketching onto the sketchbook she held. She gazed out the window, sighing. And she was listening to my music.

I slipped my sunglasses on, and came into the room with the girl. She must have heard my footsteps, because she turned to look at me. She blinked with confusion. I smiled lightly, then looked at the drawing she had. It was a sketch of a boy. The expression seemed lustful, but behind it, you could almost see pain in it. The hair was messy, small strands in different directions. The boy in himself was beautiful...and resembled Jongin immensely. From the full lips, to the cute nose, to his eyes.

"I-It's not finished yet..." The girl said quietly.

I nodded my head, then glancing back at the girl. "It's amazing. You have a real talent."

She smiled brightly. "Thank you." She closed her book, and set it on the small table next to the hospital bed, along with the pencil. "I'm Mia." Her smile never faded. "You?"

"Do you want me to be one hundred percent honest?"

She snorted. "Well, yeah, I just told you my actual first name."

I held my hand out to her for a handshake. "My name is Do Kyungsoo." That moment, I took my sunglasses off. Her hands went up to , and I saw her eyes brim with tears. "Or better known as D.O." I said with a smile.

Mia's face became wet with those tears, her hands coming down back to her lap. I squeezed one of her hands. Her face turned a light pink, and I couldn't help but smile wider. "I-I can't believe..."

"I take it you're a fan?"

"I am, yeah." She attempted to dry the tears. "I never thought I would actually be able to meet you. You're an idol, and...I'm just a cancer patient..."

Suddenly, my smile diminished. "Cancer?"

She shook her head. "Mhm. I have lung cancer, believe it or not. It's gotten better recently...but I'm sure it's going to get worse soon, and I can't do anything about it."

I wondered what it must've been like to live in a hospital, bedridden, or unable to leave unless you were allowed to with a family member. Only thing was, it was hard to imagine, to someone like me.

Mia straightened her back, broadening her voice, "So," she started, "is it true?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, having a feeling I knew what that meant. But I asked anyway, "Is what true?"

"That you have a boyfriend back in Korea."

I the lower part of my lips, smiling sadly and nodding slowly. Believe me or not, it did hurt to think about Jongin, let alone talk about him. I mean you could at least expect that from me, who hadn't seen him in months. Hadn't hugged him in months. Hadn't kissed him in months. Of course it would hurt. A felt a bit of hot, stinging tears rim my eyes. "Yeah." I responded with a shaky voice and swallowed hard. "Yeah, it's true."

She must've saw me begin to shatter to pieces. Because before I knew it, she pulled me into a warm embrace. Then the tears just threatened to fall down. I began to tremble, the tears finally releasing from my eyes. I barely knew this girl...but she was the only source of comfort at that moment. Mia ran circles around my back, sobs escaping my lips as she did. I burrowed my face in the crook of her thin neck, her hushing me reassuringly.

After awhile, I lifted my face up, my cheeks streaked wet. She let me go, smiling sweetly. "It's okay to cry sometimes." She said.

"Yeah." I said back quietly.

"If it doesn't hurt too much...would you tell me about him? I'm curious."

Soon, words came out easily as a waterfall. "Jongin...that's his name. Kim Jongin. He's a year younger than me." I picked up her sketchbook, finding the drawing I had seen earlier. "The sketch you did looks just like him."

Her eyes widened. "No way I drew your boyfriend."

I chuckled. "Well, you did. And you made him beautifully." She thanked me. "Let's see...he's really sweet. And an absolute romantic, you wouldn't believe it. He cares for his closest friends and family members most. He blushes easily, which I find cute. And when he laughs, his nose scrunches up, like this." I did so, Mia laughing a little. I hummed, thinking of what else I would say about him. "He's a spectacular dancer. Precise, smooth movements. And his singing voice is soft, and pleasant to listen to. Though it's not as strong as mine, or my friend Jongdae's or Baekhyun's." I trailed off, swallowing down a lump in my throat.

"He sounds like an amazing person." Mia mused.

Another saddened smile reemerged on my lips. "He is, Mia." I sniffled. "He really is."

"Do you miss him, Kyungsoo?"

I nodded again, more tears starting to form in my eyes. "Yeah. I miss him so much..."

"You two stay in contact, don't you?"

"We call every morning, and every night. Sometimes in between if one of us can't sleep."

Her smile was faint, but pretty. "That's good then. It'd be horrible if you couldn't stay in contact."

Suddenly, time seemed to flow. The two of us ended up talking a lot. I sang specially for her once or twice, and I heard her hum along with me. Eventually, it became late and visiting hours were over.

"I'll come visit again." I said, standing up. "I didn't catch your last name."

"Woods." She said with a sweet smile. "Mia Woods."

A/N

She's not a threat, I promise c;