Chanyeol ~ Hope

We Will Meet Again (KaiSoo ft. ChanBaek, HunHan, & SuLay)

I found him on the floor of the bathroom. I was coming to knock some ing sense into him, but here he was, unconscious, pills spilled on the floor, and the bottle with them. I remember him trying to commit suicide years ago, but he could never do it. He'd usually call me or Sehun, and cry to us until he became numb. We did as much as we could for him, this time, and even brought Kyungsoo back. But for him, I guess it wasn't enough.

I ran to him, yelling his name, even slapping him. Nothing. His breathing and pulse were slowing down. I called the hospital, and told them Jongin overdosed frantically. I told them the address, and they were here within twenty minutes. I watched as they put my best friend on the gurney, and roll him out. I could only follow them to the ambulance.

One of the nurses turned to me. "What's your relationship to him?"

"He's my best friend." I answered.

"Does he have any family around here?"

I shook my head. "His parents died, and his sister is in China."

"Alright, get on then."

I did. I sat beside Jongin, his face calm. An oxygen mask was placed over his face. I grabbed his hand, and squeezed it tightly. Tears threatened to leave my eyes. I moved his hand up to my face, his knuckles landing on the bridge of my nose. You're an idiot, Jongin. You're a ing idiot.

|•~•||•~•||•~•|

"Okay...I love you too. We'll be there tomorrow." I was talking to Baekhyun, telling him what happened. His voice was trembling, I could tell he was crying. I pressed the end call button on my cell, and sat in the waiting area.

How does everything go to in just a couple minutes? That's all I've been asking myself now. Kyungsoo and Jongin were doing fine, just a while ago. Just why the hell would Jongin say something like that? He's not the type of person to do that, he never was. Those thoughts spun through my head, and must have made me fall asleep. Because when I woke, it was morning and there was a doctor and nurse in front of me.

"Are you the guardian of Kim Jongin?" The doctor asked me. He was tall, about the same height as me, and definitely a younger, newer doctor. His tag said 'Choi Minha'. I nodded my head, rubbing my eyes sleepily. "We're driving the drugs out of his system. Has he ever done this before?"

"He's tried, but he could never bring himself to do it."

"Has he been diagnosed with anything like depression or anxiety?"

"No. H-he's never been diagnosed for anything."

Doctor Choi sighed. "Do you know what could've triggered him to take the pills like that?"

"Um, I'm not sure if I should tell you that. He gets real mad if anyone brings up any of it."

He smiled weakly. "I'm a doctor. It's my job to help a patient in need."

No use in escaping it. "He started acting like this after his parents and older brother died, about five years ago now. He was fine after maybe a year, but then one of his closest friends left without saying goodbye to him. Then he started again. Each time he tried to commit, he'd be too chicken to do it. He was fine for maybe two years, and it started all over again last year. It's been on and off, really. Tonight...I hate to put anyone in the spotlight, but he and his boyfriend had a really bad fight. That's all I can say for him."

The doctor looked at the nurse, and both whispered silently. I heard psychologist in the mix. That made me snap just a bit. A psychologist would only make this crap worse. What he needs is support and a punch in the face, for being the idiot he is.

I said instead of those thoughts, "He doesn't need a psychologist. He'll be okay, I'm sure."

|•~•||•~•||•~•|

Around twelve, Baekhyun came in with Kyungsoo. He was holding onto Baekhyun tightly. I saw how his face was blank, and his eyes were red and puffy. I'm sure I looked just about the same, trying to hold the tears back. Baekhyun sat Kyungsoo in one of the seats, and came up to me. He hugged me, tightly and warmly, his nose in the crook of my neck, and my head on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" He whispered, playing with the baby hairs at the nape of my neck.

I sniffled, a tear escaping my eye. "Yeah." I lied, masking the sadness in my voice. I should've known at that point that Baekhyun knew me all too well. He held me tighter, and held me a bit longer. When he let me go, I twined our fingers together, him sitting next to Kyungsoo, and me next to him. I squeezed Kyungsoo's hand with my other. "Hey, Kyungsoo." I said.

He looked at me with blank eyes. But I could see the hurt in them. He was blaming himself, I could see it so clearly. He faintly smiled. "Hi." His voice came out throaty and quiet.

"When can we visit Jongin?" Baekhyun asked me. Kyungsoo tensed at the name of his boyfriend.

"A nurse should come out soon to us."

Baekhyun hummed. He held Kyungsoo's hand, as well as mine. I watched as Kyungsoo rested his head in Baekhyun's shoulder, trying not to cry. Baekhyun planted a kiss in Kyungsoo's wine red hair, but I didn't mind it at all. What Kyungsoo needed was support and love. I was already receiving that from Byun Baekhyun himself. I, too, rested my head in Baekhyun's other shoulder. I needed it as well. My best friend is in a coma now. Who knows if he'll ever wake up from that? Baekhyun also placed a kiss on the crown of my head, resting his on mine.

"Everything's gonna be okay." Baekhyun whispered, definitely meant for both me and Kyungsoo. "Jongin will pull through."

We stayed like that for what seemed like forever. It was a position I wouldn't mind staying in for the rest of my life. Then a female nurse, possibly in her thirties and she was tall and pretty, came out calling Jongin's name.

We stood up, and were lead to his room. The door opened. Jongin was laying on the hospital cot, unmoving, but alive. He had an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose, breathing steadily. The monitor beeped slowly for his pulse and heart rate. The nurse said he can't breathe on his own yet and that they don't know if or when he'll wake up. I just nodded and said thank you. She left. Kyungsoo was the first to walk up to the bed. Baekhyun was about to pull him back. But I held him by the wait, causing him to look up at me. I shook my head, telling him to let Kyungsoo have a breakdown. He can't hold it in forever.

Kyungsoo fell on his knees, next to the cot, and grabbed Jongin's hand. Then he was crying, screaming, "You idiot, Kim Jongin...you ing idiot..." He held Jongin's hand up to his forehead, continuing his crying spell. Baekhyun and I exchanged looks, both of us with tears in our eyes.

And all we could do was go to Kyungsoo, fall on our knees with him, and hug him from behind. That's exactly what we did. He didn't push us away. He just cried. And cried. And cried. We cried with him. That's all we could do for Jongin. Cry for him. Hope he'll be fine.

But is hope even an option?