Jongin ~ I Promise

We Will Meet Again (KaiSoo ft. ChanBaek, HunHan, & SuLay)

November twenty-fourth.That was tomorrow. The day Kyungsoo would have to go back to the States. I was still in the process of getting my American citizenship. Sure, getting residence would've probably been easier to obtain, but he insisted I get citizenship. I decided not to argue, knowing that I wouldn't win it.

Time just seemed to fly past us, after we made up from our quarrel back then. He ended up staying with me and Sehun for the remainder of the months, when I got out of the hospital. We slept in the same room—and the same bed—and he promised he'd cook for us in return for letting him stay. Sehun and I didn't argue to that, since we couldn't cook for . I woke up with him beside me every morning. We cuddled. A lot, we cuddled. To sum it up, we were clingy around each other, as we always were. Maybe more, after everything.

Daylight shone through the cracks of my curtains in my bedroom. I was awake first—for once in my life—and Kyungsoo slept soundly next to me, on his side, facing me. He looked so peaceful, his lips parting ever so slightly for breathing. His fading back to black, red hair hung over his closed eyes a little. I smiled faintly, brushing his soft hair out of his eyes. He whimpered quietly, but didn't awake. I caressed his face gently, going possibly every inch of it. When I touched his lips, they curved up into a light smile.

"What are you trying to accomplish, Nini?" He asked sleepily.

I moved my hand to his waist, pulling him a little closer to me. He whimpered again at my movements. "I'm just admiring your pretty face, that's all."

Kyungsoo's eyes opened. God, I could get entranced so easily in those big, dark eyes. He looked up at me, his smile widening. "You're cute."

"You're cuter, though, Soo."

I expected him to retort back. Instead, he closed his eyes, and snuggled into my chest. The gesture kind of surprised me, but I closed my arms around him, grazing my fingers over the small of his back lightly. "You okay?"

"Just...I'm gonna miss you, that's all." He wasn't crying, I was able to tell. But his voice was sad and a bit tired.

"I am too, baby." I kissed his head. "I am too. But we have today. You have me all day. We can do anything you want. It's for you."

He lifted his head from my chest, his eyes filled with hope. "Really?"

That caused a smile to emerge onto my face. "Of course."

Kyungsoo smiled and kissed me fully on the lips. "In that case...I want to stay and cuddle all day. Maybe go on a walk later."

That couldn't have sounded better to me.

|•~•||•~•||•~•|

Kyungsoo fell asleep again. We were just watching a movie, him laying on top of me, his head in my shoulder and my head in the pillow of the couch. He was sleeping so soundly, so peacefully, I couldn't bring myself to wake him. Usually I was the one to fall asleep. "What has the world come to?" I mumbled to myself, jokingly. I ran my fingers up and down his arm, feeling goosebumps form on his skin. I looked at the time. 5:57 PM.

"Jongin?" I glanced back at him, seeing his eyes were open again. "I fell asleep." He muttered, rubbing his eyes. "Sorry."

I kissed his forehead, at which he giggled to. "It's okay. You have to get up really early for your flight tomorrow. Sleep is mandatory."

"Yeah but it's a long flight. Hours upon hours, Nini. Which means I'll probably sleep there too." He ran a hand through his hair. "I think I've spent way too much time with you."

"Hush, you. You know you love me."

Kyungsoo sat up, causing me to do the same. He glanced at me again, eyes sleepy. "Can we go on a walk?"

I smiled, pecking his lips quickly. "Of course we can."

Kyungsoo smiled back at me triumphantly. I took hold of his hand, pulling him up and into our bedroom so we could pull ourselves together and go out. I just slipped into a black hoodie and jeans, and fixed my hair, but still keeping it in its normal, messy style. He dressed in a sweater and jeans and his hair hung just above his eyes, covering his eyebrows. He laced our fingers together and pulled us towards the front of the apartment eagerly. I don't know if he was just excited to leave because I promised him earlier or if it was because he slept so much. I just smiled it off and let him pull me to get our coats and shoes on. When both of us were ready, we went outside. Snow covered the ground like a thick, white blanket. The air was cold, white clouds of carbon dioxide secreting from our mouths and noses when exhaling.

We began walking around town, keeping each other close and cherishing every moment we had together left. It felt nice. Walking around, hands held together, not to be let go anytime soon. Cold air nipping at our noses and cheeks, and a soft breeze passing by every few minutes. I wanted to hold onto this moment for as long as possible. Because I knew it was going to end soon, and he'd be back in America, doing what he does best. We walked in complete silence. But that silence said more than what meets the eye.

We walked around a suburban neighborhood, just where it was a little quieter and less overbearing Christmas lights. Unless, of course, someone was an absolute Christmas maniac or something, then otherwise, there were lights on the house. Our hands were swaying slightly, keeping each other as warm as we could.

Suddenly, Kyungsoo stopped walking, causing me to stop a bit ahead of him. I turned to glance at him, seeing his eyes on the snow-covered ground and his bottom lip rolled inside his mouth.

"What's wrong?"

He sighed, looking up at me with glassy eyes. "I wish I didn't have to leave you again, Nini." he tightened his grip on my hand, but not to the point where it's bone-crushing.

I could only smile faintly and sadly. Snow began to fall. "I wish you didn't either. But we'll be together again soon." I pulled him into my chest, my arms circling his torso. His went around my neck, pulling us even closer. "We'll be okay." I whispered, his hair.

A shaky breath emitted from his mouth. "You promise?"

I let him go, holding both of his hands in mine. I kissed the center of his forehead. "I promise."

The next morning, Kyungsoo and I woke up early so I could drive him to the airport. Since it was in Icheon, we had to drive pretty far. Our town was small and southern to it. Our hands stayed twined together the whole drive in to Icheon and when we got to the airport. I could tell he was holding back a river of tears. But in all honesty, I was too. A lump was lodged in my throat the entire time.

When I reached the limit on how far I could go, we stopped and hugged each other tightly.

"We will meet again. I promise you." I said in his ear, my voice trembling a bit.

He separated from my body, and kissed me sweetly and chastely. "I know." His smile was sad. "I love you so much, Jongin."

I smiled back, pecking the corner of his mouth quickly. "I love you too."