Eddy ~ Boyfriend?!

We Will Meet Again (KaiSoo ft. ChanBaek, HunHan, & SuLay)

Eddy is Eddy Oh from JJCC. He's playing a minor role as a New York journalist. Henry as well.

 

"He never answers your questions?" My best friend and coworker, Henry Mak, asked me over lunch break, his Australian accent thick as it always was.

I shook my head. "He refuses every time."

"Well, even if rising stars, and stars in general, want their privacy, they can't avoid it." Henry spoke in an as-a-matter-of-fact tone. Welcome to the entertainment world.

I sighed. No matter how many times I tried, the new idol, known as D.O, would completely ignore and refuse me. It was only a few simple questions that fans wanted to know, really. Like, how was your family life?, or what town do you come from?, things like that. I couldn't even say two words to him. I was just about ready to give up, at that point.

Henry squeezed my shoulder. "Hey. Don't fret. I'm sure he'll come around soon, Eddy."

"But I need his to come around now. Our boss is getting pissed and wants answers to these questions, ASAP. I don't know how I'll tell him that D.O wants nothing to do with the network, let alone me."

Henry smiled widely. Then he held a fist up. "Fighting." I was taken aback by that gesture. Something that was usually used in South Korea, where my parents originated from, as a form of good luck. Henry was all Chinese, but grew up in Australia. He moved to America when we were in our junior year. "You can do it. I believe in you."

"Thanks, Henry. It means a lot."

|•~•||•~•||•~•|

"I told you I'm not answering any questions." D.O said whilst he scrolled through his cell, waiting in his dressing room for a photo shoot to begin.

I groaned, for maybe the hundredth time. "Come on, D.O. It's for your fans. It's nothing that will ruin your image."

He sent me a glare, crossing his arms. "It's not about my image. It's that I don't have time, nor do I want to answer any questions. Fans don't need to be into my personal life."

I shifted my jaw, letting out a sigh of annoyance and frustration. I mumbled, "You clearly have time to play on your phone..." Then an idea came to mind. I had originally had six or seven questions to ask him, so what if I picked three of them? Surely he'll answer just three. "Three questions."

He looked up from his phone, cocking an eyebrow up. "Pardon?"

"Three questions, that's it. I promise you."

He crossed his arms again, and set his phone down. "Alright. Three, no more."

I smiled and took my cell out to record the answers. "Where are you from in South Korea?"

"A small town by the name Achiara. That type of town that rumors spread quickly and people are always on your case, if you or one of your family members did something wrong. You just kinda know everyone in a way."

I nodded, then spoke again. "What was your family life?"

He smiled sadly, something I hadn't ever seen from him. "I was raised by both my parents, and I have an older brother. My dad owns a small restaurant, my mom is a stylist, and my brother is in medical school for dentistry. We were a loving family, though, my brother tended to pick on me as a child." The sad smile that rested on his lips pulled at my heartstrings. He hadn't seen his family in a long time, and mine lived here in America...I could see them whenever I really wanted. But he couldn't.

The last question slipped out of my mouth, and I wish I could've taken it back and changed it. "Are you in a romantic relationship, as of now?"

The look in his eyes turned to a mix of sorrow...and anger. "I don't want to answer. I make the decision of whether I want my love life public to the world."

... "It's the question most asked by your fans. Please just ans-"

But I didn't get to finish. He shot up, and pushed me out of his dressing room. I stood there, stunned. What it meant?, I didn't know at that point. He didn't shut the door tightly. I heard his cell ring.

He answered in Korean, which I understood very well. "You're supposed to be sleeping." I could almost hear the smile in his voice.

My cell was still recording. I opened the door a little, and held my phone to my chest for it to record. I heard from the phone on speaker, "I know, I can't sleep. I'm deprived of you singing me to sleep." It was a boy's voice, younger than me, which I was twenty five.

"Are you now?" D.O said while a laugh escaped his lips.

"Yes I am. Please, for me?" The boy on the phone pleaded.

"Alright, but I have a photo shoot in fifteen minutes, so I'll make it quick."

The boy whined. "But, I want to talk to you longer..."

Before the boy could say anything else, D.O began singing a song I had never heard of before. It was in Korean, and his voice was soft and deep. A beautiful meaning to the song, with powerful high notes, that I could only try and fail to do.

When he finished, I stood behind the door in awe. Never have I ever heard the rising idol, D.O sing like that.

"Thanks, Kyungie." The boy said, clearly smiling.

"Hey. I wouldn't say no to you, if I had to sing you to sleep. You know I would never."

"We are so whipped..."

D.O laughed again. "I'll say." I heard his cell vibrate. "Ah, , I gotta go. Jackson's calling me." That's when he said, "Love you, Jonginnie." A boyfriend?!

"Love you too. Video call me later."

"Will do."

I stopped the recording, and bolted. This was something that meant big money and lots of attention on me...but it also meant possibly ruining D.O's career, as he was still rising on the popularity charts. He would be mad...enraged...at me, if that went out there, into the big, judgemental world.