Mission Four - Lee Gikwang, Shin Aegi

Code Name : BEAST and the Angels

- Lee Gikwang -

 

I stepped out from the car when we arrived on the M.E. office and Aegi already parked her car. I walked to the front of the car and stopped to see Aegi. She was coming out from her car while talking on her phone with someone. She locked the car and lowered her phone as she walked toward me. She stopped in the front of me.

 

“Doctor Lee and Detective Im will meet us upstairs.” She said as she turned off her phone then raised her gaze to look at me.

 

Somehow I felt reluctant when I heard the name of the doctor who would meet us later. I dropped my gaze. There was a reason on why I felt reluctant so suddenly.

 

And the reason was…

 

“Is it fine for you?”

 

The question broke my thought and made me raising my gaze to see Aegi. I thought my expression was clearly expressed my feeling until Aegi asked me the question. I was sure that Aegi understood why I felt this way.

 

“We will meet your father, if I’m not wrong.”

 

I released a sigh. “No, you’re not making any mistakes.” I paused. “But I’m fine with it. It’s for work.” I flashed her a smile.

 

Aegi just nodded in understanding and turned to walk. I was just following her.

 

Yeah, both of me and Aegi would meet Doctor Lee or Lee Kwang Soo. And he was a medical examiner who was also my father. But somehow my relation with him was not good either.

 

 

- Shin Aegi -

 

I wanted to get out from the car when my phone rang. I looked at it and picked it up since it was Detective Im Yong Chul that called me. I smiled as I answered the phone.

 

“Yes, Detective Im?”

 

I listened to his explanation. Actually he just told me that he would meet me upstairs on the M.E. office. He was a member of Interpol and I knew him for some times since I was still a trainee.

 

But then, he was mentioning a name that familiar for me. I stopped and raised my gaze at Gikwang who already walked out from the car. I was so sure that Gikwang would feel displeased when he heard the name since the name was Lee Kwang Soo, Gikwang’s father.

 

I knew Lee Kwang Soo because he was my mentor when I took forensic pathology course. I met Gikwang there. And I assured that both of them were sharing bad relation ever since. I took the case file and walked out from the car.

 

I smiled as I walked out. “Sure, I’ll meet you there.” I told Detective Im then lowered the phone as I locked the car. I walked toward Gikwang who already waited for me. I stopped in the front of him.

 

“Doctor Lee and Detective Im will meet us upstairs.” I turned off her phone then I raised my gaze to see Gikwang’s reaction with the first name that I mentioned earlier.

 

And just as I thought earlier, Gikwang started to put a reluctant expression on his face. He also lowered his gaze.

 

“Is it fine for you?”

 

He raised his gaze to look at me.

 

“We will meet your father, if I’m not wrong.”

 

He was releasing a sigh. “No, you’re not making any mistakes. But I’m fine with it. It’s for work.” He smiled.

 

Well, at least he was trying to act professionally. So I didn’t give any comment. I just nodded then walked toward the door. I put my phone back to my bag as we walked. I stopped in the front of the elevator and pressed the up button.

 

While we were waiting the elevator and we went up with the elevator, Gikwang didn’t say any words to me. I wasn’t tried to talk to him either. I had feeling that Gikwang’s mood went bad since we would meet his father. Beside, my mind was filled with my own analysis about the case. I was trying to connect the cases that I split between the team. But then, I was sure that Doojoon would be working on the connections between cases too at the base. So I just left that problem to him and concentrated my self to investigate Gikwang’s case.

 

The elevator door dinged opened and I stepped out from the elevator. I took out my badge and showed it to the receptionist as I said, “Doctor Lee and Detective Im?”

 

The receptionist gestured her hand to her right side, to the operation room. I smiled to her and thanked her. I walked toward the room with Gikwang trailing me.

 

I entered the room where they used to do autopsies. I saw two men there. One of them was a man on his 40’s with suit. He was Detective Im. The other man was a man on his 50’s with doctor’s operation suit and stood closer to the dead body. He was Doctor Lee and Gikwang’s father. As he turned to see me and smiled, I could see his resemblance with Gikwang. They got the same eye smile.

 

“Ah, Shin Aegi. My best and favorite student. Do you still gain perfect score on your missions?” He said as I stopped in the front of him.

 

I smiled to hear those words. “I guess you’re praising me too much, Doctor Lee.”

 

Doctor Lee just chuckled with my words. Then I noticed that he turned his gaze to Gikwang who stood behind me. His expression changed too.

 

“Gikwang.” He greeted his son formally.

 

I turned my gaze to Gikwang to look at his reaction. He just nodded to his father in cold manner. I just exhaled silently to see both of them. But my first priority was the case. So I ignored them. I put the bag that I brought on the table and took the surgeon cloth and gloves. I put on the cloth to cover my uniform and the gloves to my hands.

 

“Shall we start now?”

 

 

- Lee Gikwang -

 

“Shall we start now?”

 

Aegi talked and it diverted my dad’s gaze from me to her. Dad seemed listening to her.

 

“Alright.” He said and smiled to Aegi. “You do the autopsy. I know you can do it.”

 

“Then where will you be?” Aegi asked.

 

“At my office.” He took a glance on me then back to Aegi. “I have two finest Medical Examiners from Special Force here. So, why would I stay?”

 

Aegi just smiled and nodded. My dad walked away. I looked at him for a moment then looked back at Aegi. I saw that she cast a look on me. I understood that she wanted me to help her. So I prepared my self as she started to examine the body.

 

Aegi was starting to press on the victim’s body. She was searching for unseen wounds while examining the body to find any visible marks on the body. I guessed I was familiar with her methods since I had known her for long enough. Besides, my dad was her mentor. But then, I saw Aegi was frowning as she pressed the shoulders. Then she cupped the victim’s chins and lifted the head upward. She was checking on the nose. She straightened her body and seemed to be thinking. Then she moved toward the feet as she pressed the arm. Her expression changed when she rolled up the victim’s pants. Then she quickly moved toward the shoulder again and checked behind the shirt on the shoulder area.

 

For a moment, I could see that Aegi looked troubled. But then, she tilted her head.

 

“How did he die?” Aegi asked as she walked toward the feet and stopped there.

 

“He died because of drowning.” Detective Im answered.

 

Aegi raised her gaze and looked at Detective Im. “Are you sure that he was just drowning?” She asked then shifted her gaze to me. “Gikwang, take the gloves and take a look on this.”

 

I obeyed and took the surgeon gloves. I put them on my hands as I walked closer. Aegi showed what she had found on the victim’s ankles. I saw a small and long pressure marks on outer side of the both ankles. The impression that left on the mark seemed like a rope. I looked at Aegi as I started to understand on something. Probably Aegi had the same thought like I did. And when I looked on her eyes, I guessed my assumption was right. This victim indeed drowned. But he didn’t just drown.

 

“Did he…?”

 

Aegi shook her head. “Dragged.” She gave me the clue.

 

My eyes became wider when I heard her saying that. I couldn’t believe that this victim was died because he was being dragged till death on the water.

 

But Aegi nodded and assured me that it was the cause of his death.

 

“What?” Detective Im asked.

 

I looked at the detective. “The cause of death is indeed because of water. But he wasn’t drowned. Instead, he was choked by the water to dead because he was being dragged on the water.”

 

Now the detective was frowning. “What?” He stated.

 

“I found rope impressions on the side of his ankles…” Aegi started to explain. “Indicates that he was tied onto something. Then his shoulder was dislocated, probably because of the impact of the dragging. I also found scratches inside of his nose. Probably because he was dragged on high velocity.” Aegi paused. “I’m sure that we will get some more if we cut him up.”

 

I smiled when I saw Detective Im looked amazed.

 

“But why do you think that he was Kang Heejoon’s victim?” Aegi’s question made me looking at the detective again.

 

“He was borrowing a sum of money from Kang Heejoon’s man. The wife insists when she told me that they had returned the money. But somehow he was ended like this.”

 

Aegi just nodded her head. “So I guess you can find your self the murder weapon now. Probably try to find small speed boat and a rope.” She paused a while to think. “Probably the rope to tie the boat to the pier. I guess the size will be fit.”

 

“Okay.” The detective went away after that.

 

I looked at the detective then looked back to Aegi. “And what else that you find?” I asked her.

 

Aegi looked back at me. “He was hit.” She said. “Couple of time on his face. He was tied too on his hand. There was an impression of rope on his wrists.” She walked toward the head. “But then, he came to the boat and he was thrown off the boat before he was being dragged by the boat.” She was frowning again. “But I wonder why he came to that boat obediently.” She shrugged. “But I guess I’ll just leave it out for now.”

 

“But you seem to find something under his collar.”

 

Aegi stopped then looked at me. She smirked. “Come here.” She told me as she made a gesture by her finger for me to come closer.

 

So I walked closer to her. She lowered the collar to show me something. When I arrived on her side, I saw a small tattoo under his nape. It looked like a shape of letter P and A in pink and black color. But I was not familiar with that tattoo.

 

“What’s that?” I asked Aegi.

 

“This is a mark from Pink Arjuna.”

 

I looked at Aegi. “Pink Arjuna?” I asked her.

 

“It was my first case.” She paused then continued with reluctant look. “Along with Doojoon.” Then she exhaled. “But I thought the case was closed already. The guy was killed three years ago.”

 

“But why did I never know about this case?”

 

“It was the case from the first batch of the Special Force. You won’t know about it because you were joined a year after that happened. Plus, it was top secret limited for the first batch.” She paused again as she looked at the body. “But what was this man connection with Pink Arjuna? And also with Kang Heejoon?”

 

“Should we tell Doojoon?” I asked her.

 

Aegi shook her head. “No, no. I want to make sure about something first before I tell him.” She looked at me. “Just keep this among us for now. I’ll tell Doojoon by my self when I already figured it out.”

 

She took off her gloves and threw them on the bin.

 

“Meanwhile, just focus your self for finding the one who tampered with the autopsy reports.” She said as she took off the surgeon cloth then stashed it on the table before she took her bag. “I need to go back to the office.”

 

I just nodded as I saw her leaving the room. I turned back to the body and exhaled.

 

I guess I’ll be on my own now.

 

---

From Author:

Update~ And this is Gikwang & Aegi's part. Sorry if you're expecting this part would be Doojoon & Aegi's part. It's not. Hehe~

Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting to this fic~ I hope you enjoy it~