Mission Sixteen - Jung Tae-Il & Jang Hana

Code Name : BEAST and the Angels

- Lee Gikwang -

 

I was checking the report that I got from Dongwoon about Jung Tae-il and Jang Hana’s daily activities, including their phone records and their personal emails. We were monitoring them closely since we wanted to know about them and their connections with Kang Heejoon. I looked at Dongwoon who sat on the computer station’s chair and patted his shoulder making him to look at me.

 

“Dongwoon, does Kyuri send you something for me?”

 

He tilted his head to think. “I don’t think so. Main base haven’t sent anything.”

 

I just nodded.

 

“Annyeong haseyo.”

 

Suddenly, I heard Aegi’s voice from the entrance door. I looked around and saw her coming with Doojoon. I quickly faced my body toward them as Doojoon came to approach me. I smiled at him.

 

“Ah, you two came.” I said.

 

“Yeah.” He said. “Sorry for not notifying you.”

 

“It’s fine.” I said. “But how about Junhyung?” I asked as I felt worried with my team members.

 

“He is fine by now. But he still needs to have plenty of rest to recover. So I dismissed him from his job temporary until he recovers.” Aegi said.

 

“And Yoseob hyung?” Dongwoon asked.

 

“Ah, I left him in charge on the base along with Moon and Kyuri.” Doojoon said. “We still need to investigate some cases back on the base.” Then he looked around. “Where’s Hyunseung?”

 

“He’s sleeping.” I told him. “He has been staying up all night watching the house.”

 

Doojoon just nodded to hear it. I saw Aegi came to the monitors. I looked at her as she looked at the survillence monitors

 

“Are they the cameras around the house?” Aegi asked.

 

“Yes.” I replied her then took the report folder. “And this is their daily routine.” I handed the folder to her.

 

Aegi looked at the folder and took it. She opened it and read the report there. Doojoon came to her side and joined her to look at the report.

 

“Is there any changes aside of this daily schedule?” Aegi asked as she read the report.

 

“Nothing for now. They live their daily life exactly like the schedule.”

 

"Good." Doojoon said then looked at Aegi. “Then I guess it will be easy for us.”

 

Aegi just looked at Doojoon and smirked.

 

“Let’s carry out the plan.”

 

Aegi nodded. “Yeah,” she said then closed the folder and handed it to Doojoon.  She left afterward.

 

I looked at Aegi as she left. Actually I wanted to ask whether Kyuri had given something to her. But then Doojoon distracted me as he told me that I needed to wake Hyunseung so he could tell us the next action. I nodded then went to wake Hyunseung.

 

---

 

Jung Tae-il walked on the street, pushing Jang Hana’s wheelchair. He walked slowly to let the woman enjoyed the countryside nature around them. Even though he had been living on that place for some months, he never got bored by the view.

 

“Is it beautiful, Hana-ssi?” He asked.

 

The woman on the wheelchair smiled and nodded.

 

“Do you wish that your child will see this too?” He asked then looked to the woman.

 

Jang Hana tilted her head. “Did I have a child?”

 

Jung Tae-il chuckled. “Yes, you do have a child.”

 

“My child is not you?” She asked again.

 

Jung Tae-il shook his head. “I’m not your child. I guess I’m too old to be your son.”

 

Jang Hana tilted her head. “But I don’t remember about having a child,” she said.

 

Jung Tae-il smiled understandingly and looked at the woman. “I guess we better go home now,” he said.

 

“Yes,” the woman said.

 

Jung Tae-il just smiled then pushed the wheelchair toward their house.

 

As they were walking, they passed a car with black tinted window. Inside the car, Hyunseung was watching them. He raised his communication device and contacted his boss.

 

"They just passed me," he reported.

 

Doojoon heard the report then looked at Aegi who squatted behind him. They were hiding behind the fence across the house. "They just passed Hyunseung," he said to the girl.

 

Aegi just nodded. She turned to look at the police officers across of them. She gave signal for them to go and standby. Some officers crossed the street and hid so their targets wouldn’t see them. Then, Aegi looked back to Doojoon. She saw Doojoon was preparing his gun.

 

“Yah, what are you doing? The target is harmless. You’ll scare the patient,” she said.

 

“Alright.” Doojoon rolled his eyes and locked his gun. “This is why I hate medical people,” he sighed as he put his gun on the locket.

 

“Yet, you marry one,” Aegi replied him cynically.

 

Doojoon turned his gaze to Aegi and looked at her for a while. Aegi just gave him a fake smile. Then her gaze caught the target presence.

 

“Ah, they’re here.” Aegi patted Doojoon’s arm and pointed at Jung Tae-il and Jang Hana.

 

Doojoon turned his gaze and saw Jung Tae-il with Jang Hana. He raised his communication device. “Standby,” he said as a signal for his men. “And remember not to shoot.” He reminded his men.

 

Aegi prepared her gun too but she didn’t arm the gun.

 

Jung Tae-il walked toward the house without knowing that he was stepping into a trap. Police officers with arms had surrounded them and were waiting for him to approach the house.

 

When he already on the front of the gate, the police officers suddenly came out from their hiding places and surrounded him. Jung Tae-il quickly stopped. Jang Hana looked terrified with all the police and weapons around them. Doojoon and Aegi came to the front of them. Jang Hana began to cry.

 

“Police! Release your hands from the wheelchair and put them up, Jung Tae-il,” Doojoon said.

 

Jung Tae-il knew that he didn’t have any other choice. He released his hand from the wheelchair and put his hands up.

 

“Move away from the wheelchair,” Doojoon ordered.

 

Jung Tae-il took few steps away from the wheelchair. He looked

 

“Aegi,” Doojoon called without looking away from Jung Tae-il.

 

The girl understood. She put her gun back to its locket and came to the wheelchair. She stood on Jung Tae-il’s place and pushed the wheelchair away. Jang Hana was resisting and calling for Jung Tae-il when Aegi came and brought her away.

 

"Now, Jung Tae-il," Doojoon said. "You’re underarrested for the forgering the autopsy reports.”

 

“I’m got caught just because of forgering the autopsy reports?” Jung Tae-il scoffed in amusement.

 

“Anniya,” Doojoon replied him. “Probably the name, Kang Heejoon, will make you know why we are here.”

 

Jung Tae-il’s expression changed.

 

Doojoon looked at one of the police officers. “Arrest him,” he ordered.

 

The officer looked understood and came to Jung Tae-il. He put hand-cuff on Jung Tae-il.

 

Aegi pushed the wheelchair to the ambulance. Jang Hana still cried and called for Jung Tae-il. But Aegi was ignoring her cry. She stopped and pulled the wheelchair’s breaks.

 

“No,” Jang Hana cried as Aegi leaned forward to pull the wheelchair’s break. “Tae-il ah.” She looked at Aegi. “What are you doing with my son?”

 

When she heard the word ‘son’, Aegi turned her gaze to look at Jang Hana. But then, she saw someone came to the front of her. Aegi looked up and saw a woman standing. The woman looked maturely beautiful. There were some resemblances between her and Aegi. But there were some wrinkles on her face that showed that she was a lot older than Aegi.

 

“Eomma,” she said, calling the woman.

 

“Is this the patient?” Park Haemi asked her daughter as she examined the woman on the wheelchair.

 

Aegi nodded. “Yes,” she replied.

 

“She’s in shock.” Haemi turned her face to the ambulance’s officer behind her. “Give me the tranquilizer.”

 

The guy looked understood and gave her the tranquilizer bottle and the syringe. Haemi took them and prepared the syringe. She looked at Aegi.

 

“Hold her.”

 

Aegi quickly held Jang Hana with help from the ambulance officer. Haemi kneeled to level down her self and gave Jang Hana a shoot to calm her down. Then, Jang Hana started to calm down. She became relaxed.

 

“Take her,” Haemi ordered the ambulance officers then she stood up and looked at her daughter as the officer took Jang Hana away. “I’ll see you on the hospital.”

 

“Please treat her nicely, Eomma. She’s an important person for our case.”

 

Haemi smirked to hear the words from her daughter and shook her head. “Somehow you’ve become like your father now,” she said then saw Doojoon coming.

 

The guy stopped beside Aegi. Aegi looked at him.

 

“Where’s Jung Tae-il?” Aegi asked.

 

“Gikwang and Hyunseung took him back to the station. We will transport him back to the base.” Doojoon looked at the older woman and bowed to her. “Annyeong haseyo, Dr. Park. Please forgive me for not greet you earlier."

 

The woman smiled in friendly way. "I'm not my husband so you don't need to be so formal with me," she said. "But it's glad to see you again, Yoon Doojoon. Surely it's hard to work with my daughter."

 

Doojoon smiled. "I guess I've used with it."

 

Aegi rolled her eyes. "It's just for temporary, Eomma," Aegi cut her off.

 

Haemi looked back to her daughter. "Whatever. I'm just happy to see you work well with son-in-law."

 

"Eomma," Aegi complained. "Our marriage was just for disguise, for work."

 

"But you still use your ring," Haemi said to her daughter. "I've married for more than 30 years. Don't ever think I don't know what it means."

 

Aegi just pouted while Doojoon was smiling to see her. Then he turned to the woman doctor.

 

"But how about Jang Hana?"

 

"I'll take her to the hospital for further examination. But so far, Aegi is right that she has dementia. I guess it’s already reaching the latest stage. But I'll try to check how far it has affected her."

 

"Yes," Doojoon said. "Thank you for your coorporation."

 

Haemi smiled. "If my daughter and son-in-law asked me for help, how can I ignore it?"

 

"Eomma, he's not your son-in-law," Aegi complained again.

 

"Then handed your divorce paper to me." Haemi silented her up. “If you do that, I won’t call Doojoon my son-in-law again.”

 

Aegi pouted her lips because of it while Doojoon just smiled to see her.

 

“Well, I better go now,” Haemi said to both of the team leaders. “I’ll give you the report for her examination.”

 

“Yes,” Doojoon replied her then bowed. “Thank you for your help.”

 

The woman just smiled and patted Doojoon’s arm. “See you later,” she said then left the couple.

 

“Have I ever told you that I really like your mom?” Doojoon said as he smirked.

 

Aegi quickly slapped his arm then she looked as if she was thinkig about something. “But, Doojoon… Does Jang Hana have a kid?”

 

Doojoon seemed to think for a while. He frowned “I don’t think so. I’ve never heard or seen on the reports that Jang Hana has a kid.” Doojoon crossed his arms. “Why do you think that she has a kid?”

 

“She was saying something about Jung Tae-il as her son.” Then, Aegi waved her hand as she shook her head. “But nevermind. I can ask Eomma to check about it.” She lowered her hand. “I guess I’d better go to the hospital with Eomma.”

 

“Alright,” Doojoon said. “Becareful, okay?”

 

Aegi just nodded then left.

 

But unknown to them, there was a guy with glasses standing across the street, hidden by the wall, and watching them. When he saw Doojoon and Aegi separated their ways, he fished out his phone and dialed a number. He waited for a while until the phone was picked up on the other side.

 

“Hello, it’s me,” he said as someone answered the call. “Dr. Jung has caught.”

 

He lowered the phone and turned it off. He turned and went away.

 

From Author:

If you have twitter account, please feel free to follow me on @AFFalize_sakura.

Update~ Finally done with re-posting all the three lost chapters..

Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting to this fic~ I hope you enjoy it~