Mission Fourteen – Moon Haeseon, Yong Junhyung

Code Name : BEAST and the Angels

I only put these 3 chapters up because I don't know when AFF's database recovered.

If the database already restored, please ignore these updates.

***

- Moon Haeseon -

 

As I entered the base, I saw Aegi and Doojoon already at the main table. It seemed that they were discussing something. I stepped closer toward them and noticed that Aegi still used her yesterday clothes. So I knew that she didn't come home last night. And judging from their expression, I was sure that it must be regarding our cases. Then I saw Kyuri came out from the computer room with papers on her hand.

 

"Unnie, I got them." She said as she walked out. She raised her gaze then smiled when she saw me. "Good morning, Moonie."

 

"Morning." I replied her casually then stepped toward the table on the middle of the room where Aegi stood. I saw Kyuri handed the papers to Aegi.

 

Aegi received the papers and read it for a while. I stopped beside her and saw her frowning. Whenever I saw those look on her, I knew that there would be some problems came up.

 

"Is there something wrong?" I asked.

 

Doojoon turned his gaze at me. "Gikwang and Yoseob located Jung Tae-il's whereabout."

 

I remembered that Jung Tae-il was the names of the missing M.E. that we tried to search for. "That's good." I said.

 

"And we're also got Jang Hana." Doojoon continued.

 

"The missing owner?"

 

"Yes." He replied.

 

"But according to Gikwang, she seems to be sick." Kyuri told me.

 

"What kind of sickness?"

 

"That's what we're trying to find out." Doojoon said as he looked at Aegi.

 

"Dementia." Aegi said.

 

"How do you know?" Doojoon asked.

 

She raised her gaze from the paper. "These are the medicine for controlling mood, antidepressants, vitamins, NSAID and medicines to maintain disease's progression." She looked at Doojoon. “These are the medicine that usually used for treating Dementia patients.”

 

It seemed that Aegi understood something from Doojoon's look at her since she dropped her expression so fast.

 

"Omma studied Dementia before and I ever read her research once. It seemed so interesting."

 

Doojoon seemed to roll his eyes. But Aegi ignored him and took out the pictures that taken probably by Gikwang or Yoseob. I took the picture and looked at them as Aegi explained.

 

"Besides, she looks like that she has a motor skill problem." She pointed at Jang Hana’s hand. “You see how she kept her hand.” She paused. “She can’t control her hands’ movement anymore. Probably she’s already at the late stage of her disease.”

 

I looked at Aegi. "You know her disease just by looking at her picture?" Sometimes I amazed with her deduction skill when it came to medical.

 

"The medicines help me more." She said. "And I think she received personal treatment directly from Jung Tae-il ever since Jung Tae-il left the M.E.'s office. I think either Yoo Im Taek or Kang Heejoon forced Jung Tae-il to handle Jang Hana."

 

"But why?" I asked.

 

"That's what I'm trying to find out." Aegi said again. "But I think Jang Hana is someone important for either Kang Heejoon or Yoo Im Taek. At least, she's so important to the point that she receives special treatment."

 

Then she looked at me.

 

"Moon, I think I'll need Hyunseung to go with Dongwoon to the countryside. So you and Junhyung must work alone tonight."

 

"Okay." I replied her.

 

"I already called him and Dongwoon. They will leave as soon as possible." Aegi said. "But if you want to, you can bring Kyuri along."

 

I looked at Kyuri and she just gave me a bright smile. I didn't have the heart to let our youngest member to come along. Probably we would face the danger and Kyuri wasn't an expert on field job. So I was a little worried to let her coming along. I looked back to Aegi.

 

"Thanks, Baby. But I think I and Junhyung will be fine with just the two of us." I told her.

 

"Okay." Aegi just nodded then turned to Kyuri. "Then, do what I have told you before."

 

"Alright." Kyuri said cheerfully then went back to the computer room.

 

Aegi turned to Doojoon. "I need to talk with you and Mr. Hong."

 

"Okay." Doojoon said then both of the leaders walked away.

 

I took the pictures and looked at it. Somehow I was glad to know that we could wrap up one or two cases with Gikwang and Yoseob's finding. But as I looked at the pictures, I heard a familiar voice speaking.

 

“Why is so quiet here?”

 

I looked around and saw Junhyung coming toward me. “Everyone is busy.” I replied him as I put down the pictures and walked toward my desk.

 

I raised my gaze and saw Junhyung came to my side.

 

"Why?" He asked again as he looked back at me.

 

"Aegi and Doojoon went to meet Mr. Hong. Kyuri is on the computer room. Gikwang and Yoseob haven't come back from their mission. But I guess they won't be back in the meantime. And Hyunseung..." I paused. "Hyunseung won't come with us later. Aegi needs him to assist Gikwang and Yoseob. He went with Dongwoon earlier. So, it will be only the two of us later."

 

Junhyung only nodded then his lips as he looked away.

 

Actually, his lips was something that he always did. It was his habit. But somehow, I couldn't help but to notice his plumpy lips. Ever since his confession, Junhyung always caught my attention. I didn't know why I started to pay attention toward him. But I just did. Then, Junhyung looked back to me and made me diverted my gaze away.

 

"Ah..."

 

I needed something to distract my self from looking at Yong Junhyung. I put my hands on my hip and accidentally touched my phone. Suddenly I thought to call Haejo. I fished out my phone from my pocket.

 

"I think I need to call Haejo." I said as I looked onto my phone.

 

I searched for Haejo's phone number and called him. But his phone seemed to be inactive. I lowered my phone and looked at it. I tried to call him on his apartment. But no one picked the call. I lowered my phone again.

 

I felt so strange. Haejo usually never turned off his phone. He also picked up the call in the time like this, where he helped me with the case.

 

"Strange."

 

"What?"

 

I looked up to Junhyung. Actually I didn't expect he would answer my random word.

 

"Haejo doesn't pick up his phone and his cell phone is inactive."

 

"Probably he's busy." Junhyung said. "But I guess it'll be too risky to call him now."

 

I exhaled. "Yeah, you're right." I said then put my phone back to my pocket. "Let's get prepared for tonight."

 

He just nodded. "Alright."

 

 

- Yong Junhyung -

 

Finally, the time for us to meet the weapon's dealer had come. Moon dropped me a little bit far from the meeting point. I walked toward the place. The meeting place was a junkyard for cars near the pier. I recognized the place as the place where black market found the spare parts for cars. I didn’t know why the weapon dealer like Pink Arjuna used the place for a meeting point.

 

"Moon, can you hear me?" I asked.

 

"Clearly." Moon said from our communication device.

 

Before I came out from the car, I plugged a small earphone and attached a wireless microphone under my jacket. Of course, I would need Moon to know my situation.

 

When I reached the meeting point, I saw nobody was there. "The place looks quiet." I said.

 

I stopped and turned to see the container box. As our plan, Moon set her place on the top of the container box to watch over me.

 

"Have you reached your position?" I asked again.

 

"Yeah." Moon replied.  “And probably you will need to wait a little longer.”

 

I lowered my gaze and looked at my surrounding. “Yes, probably I am.” I said then exhaled.

 

I looked down to my feet as I did a stomp gesture with my foot. I guessed waiting was one of the activities that I hated most.

 

“Moon.” I called her.

 

“Humm?” She just hummed over the device.

 

“Why does everyone call you Moon? Since when? It’s your family name, isn’t it? Did they call you Moon too before at the academy?”

 

“You’re asking too much.”

 

I turned my body and leaned on a steel pillar. I smiled when I heard what she just said. I shrugged. “I just want to know you better. We’re partners now, right?”

 

“Everyone called me Haeseon at the academy or on the squad where I was enlisted before.”

 

“Then why are they calling you Moon now?” I looked at where Moon was hiding. “When did it start?”

 

There was a long pause and I could hear an exhale through my earpiece before I could hear her answer.

 

“Aegi was the first to call me that.”

 

“Aegi?”

 

“I was assigned to her team and she said that I looked like the moon. Calm, mysterious, solitaire yet beautiful and comforting.”

 

I smiled to hear that. I noticed one thing. Everytime Moon talked about Aegi, she sounded different. “You seem to adore her so much.”

 

“I…” She paused. “I respect her. She might look strong, confident, smart, unreachable, stubborn and strict. But she isn’t. For me and Kyuri, she’s a fine leader and a good friend. Probably just like Doojoon for you.”

 

I smiled again. “Yeah…” I sighed as I leaned my head to the pillar. “Our leaders are awesome, aren’t they?”

 

“That’s why I won’t let her down in every case that we have.”

 

I scoffed. Somehow I had the same thought with her. “The same here.”

 

“Aa. Someone’s coming.”

 

I quickly straightened my body and looked at my left. Moon was right. Someone was coming. But it was neither Joon Ji Yoon nor Haejo. Probably he was a teenage boy or at least on his early 20’s but not more than 25 years old. He was smoking when he came out from behind the storage house. He took a long ship of his cigarette then lowered his hand. He threw his cigarette before he came closer. He stopped in the front of me.

 

“Are you looking for Pink Arjuna?” He asked.

 

“Yes.” I replied him. “And who are you?”

 

He just went silent and looked at me from top to bottom. But somehow I hated the look in his eyes. He seemed to disgrace me or at least being suspicious to me.

 

“Follow me.” He said then turned and walked away.

 

I became dumbfounded for a while. Why did he want me to come with him?

 

But I was trying not to bring up their suspicion. So I obeyed. But first, I needed to talk with Moon.

 

“They’re bringing me somewhere, Moon. So talk with you later.” I reported to Moon as I walked slowly. I straightened my body and caught up the boy.

 

As I walked, I found out that he was leading me to the other part of the junkyard where the cars were being destroyed. As I came to the place, I noticed that I wasn’t alone anymore. Some guys were there at the place. They were looking at me with unfriendly gaze. But I didn’t expect them to be friendly. I guessed they had the right for being suspicious because someone new was entering their place. I knew it better since I was taking care of crime organizations like this before I joined KSTF.

 

I looked back to the boy. He had stopped few steps ahead of me. I stopped too. He turned and looked at me. I saw few guys stood along with him.

 

“So? Where’s your boss? Shouldn’t we start the deal now?” I asked.

 

No one was answering me. I looked around. I realized that I was surrounded and they were all looking at me with unfriendly gaze, as if I was a sheep that had entered the wolves’ den. I scoffed and looked back to the boy.

 

“What? Why am I being treated this way? I’m a customer, you know?”

 

“Then…”

 

I heard someone started to talk. But somehow I felt that the voice sounded familiar for me. I looked at the place where the voice came from. A bald man with a fine white suit came out from behind the stack of crushed cars. But seeing this man made my heart dropped suddenly, as if I never wanted to see him anymore.

 

“Why would an active police agent want to have a deal with us?” He asked with a sly smirk on his face.

 

I remembered the voice now. I remembered the face. I also remembered what he had done to Hara.

 

Yes, right. He was the one that we were after three years ago. He was also the one who kidnapped Hara and killed her. I was sure that he was captured back then and put away on the prison. But then, when he got transferred from the local prison to the state prison, an accident happened and he was pronounced dead. But why was he here right now?

 

“Hong Rae Jin.” I mentioned the man’s name. “You’re still alive?”

 

He smirked. “Why? You don’t expect me to be alive?”

 

I just went silent.

 

“I heard that you were transferred from the police squad back then. I heard that you’ve messed up a lot.” He said. “So, on what squad are you right now?” He paused as if he was thinking. “KSTF? As one of the top agents.” He scoffed. “You seem to do well now for a loser who failed to save his beloved one three years ago.”

 

I clenched my fist. I mustn’t act recklessly. “So you’re Pink Arjuna?”

 

“Well…” He looked away. “You can say that I’m handling the weapon dealing business part.” He looked back at me. “But tell me. What kind of case that you handled right now?” He asked. “Drug dealing case? Illegal weapon case?” He paused. “Or Kang Heejoon’s case?”

 

I was shocked. How did he know that I was handling Kang Heejoon’s case?

 

“You look surprised.” He said with a smirk on his face. “Wondering why I knew it?”

 

Rae Jin looked at his back then hung down his head.

 

“But whatever the way is…” He said then looked at me. “You’ve never changed.” He paused again and smirked.

 

But this time, I felt that I didn’t like his smirk.

 

“Always using someone else as bait.” He continued.

 

Then, I saw Joon Ji Yoon came out from behind the crushed car’s stack. But he wasn’t alone. He was dragging someone who was struggling. And the person was Haejo. I was surprised.

 

Ji Yoon pulled him hard to the front. Haejo was pulled and came to the front. He stopped and looked at me.

 

“Hyung…” He said with pitiful sound.

 

I saw that there were some bruises on his face. It seemed that he took up some beating not too long ago. I could guess that probably his cover as Moon’s informant was unconcealed and they were beating him up. Now I suspected that Haejo might had talked about us and his role.

 

I was ready to call Moon’s name when Rae Jin opened his mouth and talked again.

 

“Don’t be bothered to call your girl friend out there.” He cut me in. “I’m sure she’ll be joining us soon.”

 

So he also knew that I had a back-up out there.

 

How did he know? How could he find out about Moon? How could her find out about Haejo? How could he find out about the case that I handled right now?

 

But then, in the top of them all… I’m doomed.

 

From Author:

Update~

Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting to this fic~ I hope you enjoy it~