The Next Morning

Code Name : BEAST and the Angels

 

- Yoon Doojoon -

 

When I woke up in the morning, I saw Aegi was laying beside me with her back on me. I smiled to see her back. It was so good to have her sleeping next to me like this. I moved toward her and touched her shoulder. She stirred with my touch and woke up as she turned her face to me. I kissed her bare shoulder.

 

“Morning, Aegi.” I said to her then moved my hand to her waist. I buried my face on her neck, inhaling her scent.

 

She smiled. “Morning.” She replied me with her sleepy voice.

 

“Are you alright?” I asked her then kissed her neck.

 

“I guess I’ll be fine.” She said. “But just let me sleep again for a while.”

 

I smiled then took her hand. I played with her fingers, intertwining our fingers together.

 

“Aegi…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Marry me.”

 

Aegi looked at me and frowned. “But you said that we’re already married.”

 

“Legally yes.” I said as she turned to face me. “But practically, you’re still not.”

 

She smiled. “Then, am I still not now?” She asked innocently.

 

I smiled. “You want me to turn it into real?” I asked her. “If you want it, I won’t let you out from that door again. You have to move in with me. I won't let you live alone.”

 

“Then shall we?” She said as she closed her eyes again.

 

I chuckled and pulled her closer then showered her with kisses on her lips, cheek, neck and shoulder. I hugged her in my arms and kissed her forehead. “I love you, Shin Aegi.” I mumbled as I lingered my lips on her forehead. I heard her chuckled.

 

"Yeah, me too."

 

Suddenly I remembered about something. "Hey."

 

She lifted her face and looked at me.

 

"What do you think about kids?"

 

Aegi chuckled to hear my question. "It's still too early, Doojoon. We still have a case to think about."

 

I smiled. "Okay, let's discuss it later."

 

"And…" She patted my chest. "Talking about the case. We need to prepare for work." She turned her back on me and wanted to leave reluctantly.

 

I grabbed her waist and pulled her back. "But we still have plenty time for round two." I whispered on her ear seductively and planted butterfly kisses behind her ear to her shoulder.

 

She chuckled as I kissed her. We almost made out again but the mobile phone rang.

 

"Ah, my phone. My phone." Aegi said as she tried to free her self from my embrace.

 

So I let her away. Aegi moved to the edge of the bed and reached out to grab he phone. She plopped her self back onto my body and answered the phone.

 

"Yes, it's Shin Aegi." She paused. "Ah, Kyuri-ah. What's the matter?"

 

So it was Kyuri who called her. But I looked at her and noticed that her expression changed. So I was sure that it was something serious.

 

"And?" She looked at me with a frowned face.

 

"What?" I mouthed her.

 

But she didn't answer me. "Alright. I'll meet you at the base." She said then hung up the phone.

 

"What happen?" I asked her.

 

She looked back to me. "Kyuri said that she found something.”

 

“About their real boss?”

 

Aegi shrugged. “I don’t know about it either. But I think we'd better get back to the office now."

 

I nodded. "Let's go."

 

"But I need to get showered first." She raised her self and went down from the bed while I plopped back to my bed.

 

"Hey."

 

I looked back to Aegi who stretched her head from behind the bathroom’s door. She was smiling teasingly.

 

"Don't you wanna join along?"

 

I smiled with the question. "Sure." I raised my self and followed her to the bathroom.

 

 

- Park Kyuri -

 

I was sitting on the control panel that could operate the main computer on the round table as I was looking at the list that displayed on the main screen. Junhyung was sitting on the chair beside me. He was staying behind since Moon wanted him to stay. Moon thought that he was still not strong enough to do field work.

 

Yoseob, Moon and Dongwoon were out to help Hyunseung on finding Jung Tae-il’s family. They managed to find them being held on Kang Heejoon's private house and rescued them. After that, they were searching Kang Heejoon's house.

 

I tapped my pointing finger to the table as I looked at the list. The list was the phone list that I retrieved from Kang Heejoon's personal phone number. Yoseob found list of phone numbers from Kang Heejoon's agenda book on the house. Junhyung was suggested to look at Kang Heejoon’s phone record to sort them. So, I did it. But then, my question arose.

 

“It’s impossible, isn’t it?” I asked to Junhyung.

 

“Hmmm…,” he said and agreed with me.

 

I heard the base’s door opened. I turned and saw Aegi unnie came into the base along with Doojoon. They were talking about something then chuckled. Aegi unnie turned to look at me.

 

“Morning,” she said as she came toward me.

 

I heard Junhyung replied her. Unnie stopped behind my chair and folded her arms across her chest as she asked, “Is there anything for us to know?”

 

Doojoon came after Unnie.

 

“First of all…” Junhyung took over before I could say anything. “We have secured Jung Tae-il’s family. Hyunseung, Moon, Yoseob and Dongwoon found them on Kang Heejoon’s private house.”

 

“Well, that’s good,” Doojoon said. “So, we can tell Jung Tae-il that his family is safe.”

 

“And…,” Junhyung said then looked at me.

 

I understood his signal. So, I looked at Unnie and Doojoon. “Yoseob found a series of phone numbers on Kang Heejoon’s phone book,” I said then turned back to the screen.

 

I showed the list of numbers that Yoseob found and Dongwoon sent me on the screen. “This is the list,” I said.

 

“Then?” Aegi unnie asked.

 

“And I thought that we can cross-check the numbers with the numbers that used by Kang Heejoon’s subordinates. So, I tried to retrieve Kang Heejoon’s phone usage for this past month.”

 

“How do you know his number?” Doojoon asked.

 

“The crime investigators found Kang Heejoon’s phone on the storage house,” Junhyung reported. “They sent it to us last night after you two got home. It’s badly damaged but Kyuri managed to retrieve the data.”

 

“So?” Aegi unnie asked.

 

“I tried to sort the numbers that Kang Heejoon received or dialed,” I said then typed something on the keyboard. I wanted to show Unnie the phone numbers that I had sorted.

 

“This numbers…,” I said then highlighted 3 set of numbers on the list. “…are back to Yoo Im Taek.” I paused. “And as you see, after we caught him, there’s no sign of those numbers being dialed or being called.”

 

I highlighted a set of numbers. “This number returned to Hong Rae Jin,” I said then entered the enter button and showed the number’s owner on the different window.

 

I highlighted a set of numbers from outgoing call list. “This number is directed to Jung Tae-il’s number on the outskirt.”

 

“The place where he lived with Jang Hana,” Doojoon said.

 

“Yeah,” I answered then highlighted another set of numbers. “This number is Jang Hana’s house. I guess he used it to call Yoo Im Taek for the drugs.”

 

“That number…,” Unnie pointed to a home phone number, “…is Lee Kwang Soo’s home number, right?”

 

“Yeah,” I said then highlighted the number that Aegi Unnie pointed. I also highlighted another number. “And he used this number, which is his cell phone’s number.” I highlighted another one. “And also this number to contact Kang Heejoon. But the last number is not belonged to Lee Kwang Soo.” I pressed the enter button.

 

Another window showed the owner of the number, which was Lee Gikwang’s mother.

 

“Lee Kwang Soo used his wife’s number,” Doojoon said.

 

“We can’t tell it to Gikwang,” Unnie said.

 

“Surely we can’t.” Doojoon agreed with her.

 

“Kang Heejoon was also contacting Im Dong-il.”

 

“The hospital’s director?” Doojoon asked.

 

“Yeah,” I said. “But we can cast him aside for now. And, there’s a number that makes me wondering.”

 

“What number?” Unnie asked.

 

“This number,” I said then highlighted some line with the same number. I eliminated the rest of the numbers so the one that left was the number that I highlighted.

 

“Have you traced the number’s owner?” Unnie asked.

 

“Yeah,” I replied. “The number is belonged to this person.” I pressed the enter button.

 

The window popped out and displayed the owner of the number. I was feeling certain that Aegi unnie and Doojoon would be surprised to see the owner because the owner of the number was Park Kyunjong.

 

“Park Kyunjong…,” Aegi Unnie muttered.

 

“But he already died, right?” Doojoon asked.

 

“Yeah,” Aegi Unnie replied him. “He was the first victim of the hospital case. I put the case on hold.”

 

“I guess you’ll have to open the case again,” Doojoon said to Unnie.

 

“Yes, I will,” Unnie replied with a sigh.

 

Then, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked around and saw Unnie held my shoulder.

 

“Junhyung, call Yoseob to come back as soon as possible. I need him to help me with the case.”

 

“Alright,” Junhyung replied then went to the phone to call Yoseob.

 

Unnie turned to me. “Find the info about Park Kyunjong as much as you can and submit it to me. Do it faster.”

 

“Okay,” I said as Aegi unnie lowered her hand and went to the small meeting room.

 

But that’s how we begin another case.

 

 

- Yong Junhyung -

 

 

I put down the phone after I finished calling Yoseob. I looked at Doojoon. He was looking at Aegi who went to the small meeting room. A slight smile came across his face as he felt understood with Aegi’s action. Then, he turned to Kyuri.

 

“Your boss really knows how to work, right?”

 

Kyuri just nodded to reply Doojoon’s words.

 

“Well, inform me if you find something,” he said to the girl.

 

“Okay,” Kyuri replied him.

 

Doojoon turned and went to his office room. I smirked to see him then grabbed the folder that laid on my table and followed him to the room.

 

“Doojoon,” I called as he stepped in to the office.

 

Doojoon stopped and looked at me. “Yeah?”

 

“I need to report something to you,” I said as I stopped in the front of him.

 

Doojoon opened his door wider and stepped further in. I walked in and closed the door. I turned and saw him came to his own desk. Doojoon took his glass and drank the water.

 

"So…" I smirked naughtily. "How's your last night?"

 

Doojoon almost choked his drink as I blurted out the question. I smirked again as I was right. He and Aegi did spent the night together. I smelled the same soap scent between them earlier when they stood behind me and Kyuri.

 

"How did you…?" He asked as I sat on the chair.

 

I looked at him. "I have a lot experience with women, remember?"

 

Doojoon just released a sigh in defeat.

 

“So… What happen? Did she attack you and you gave up on her?” I paused. “Or you were the one that started?”

 

“No.”

 

"So?"

 

“It's not your business, okay.”

 

"I know. But if your private business starts to mess up the mission, it's…”

 

Doojoon shot me a death glare. "It won’t. Aegi is a professional. For her, the jobs and the missions are more important.”

 

“Well, Moon told me the otherwise,” I said that made Doojoon frowned. “She told me that Aegi lost her control when the storage house exploded.” I grinned.

 

Doojoon seemed embarrassed. He lowered his gaze and avoided my gaze. “Well, I’m sure she would do the same to Kyuri and Moon too.”

 

“Will she?” I asked him.

 

Doojoon seemed unsure. Probably a part of him wished that it was wrong. “I don’t know,” he said. “But, don’t tease me, will you. I don't have the mood to play around with you.” He looked at me with his superior's look. "Do you have something to report?"

 

Now, it was the time for serious matter.

 

“Ah, yeah,” I said then handed him the folder. “The crime investigators have done their search for the storage house. They found Kang Heejoon’s body and sent it to the morgue. They also found another 5 bodies. I guess they were his men.

 

“Then?”

 

“They told us too that they found illegal human organs packed on the storage house,” I said as I tapped the folder.

 

Doojoon took the folder and looked at it.

 

“Some of them are badly burned and some of them are intact. So, I guess that Kang Heejoon was having human organ trafficking too. And, Im Dong-il helped him. Dongwoon found documents about this on Kang Heejoon’s computer. That was why Kang Heejoon communicated with him for several times.”

 

“Have you asked for an arrest warrant for Im Dong-il?” Doojoon asked.

 

“Yes, I’ve asked Mr. Hong to give me the warrant,” I said. “And he sent a team to the hospital.”

 

Doojoon nodded. “Good. I’ll tell Aegi about this.”

 

“Okay,” I said then smirked again. “So, how’s your ?”

 

Doojoon quickly shot me his death glare. Because of it, I only chuckled then went out of his office.

 

Oh my… I guess teasing Doojoon will be very interesting from now on.

 

 

From Author:

Another update~ But sorry for the long break between the previous chapter and this one. And I'm so sorry for putting this chapter in M rated since... oh well, you've read the chapter anyway.

I hope you will enjoy this chapter~ ^^

If you have twitter account, you can add me on @AFFalize_sakura.

Thank you for reading, subscribing or commenting~ Enjoy reading.