Mission Twenty Six - PINK ARJUNA and Park Kyunjong

Code Name : BEAST and the Angels

- Yoon Doojoon -

 

I stopped and raised my gaze to the apartment building that familiar for me. The building was Aegi’s apartment. As his long-time boyfriend and now her husband, I had been here for many times. Aegi had been living in there for more than 5 years. I turned my gaze to my left side as I caught someone came and stood beside me from the corner of my eye.

 

It was Junhyung. He was looking at the apartment then turned his gaze to me. His lopsided smile plastered on his face.

 

“Tell me again what we should be looking for?” Junhyung asked again.

 

“Aegi’s phone,” I replied him.

 

“But why?”

 

I opened my mouth, ready to answer. But Junhyung raised his palm facing me, telling me to stop.

 

“Stop.”

 

So I did.

 

“I know that you want to investigate Aegi’s abduction because she’s your wife.” He lowered his hand. “But, Aegi clearly stated that we don’t need to investigate about it.”

 

I rolled my eyes. “I don’t investigate it because she’s my wife” I then walked to the trash box near the house.

 

“So, why?” He asked as he followed me.

 

“I just found that it’s weird that her kidnappers took her phone along,” I said then peeked at the trash box. “It seems that the phone is as important as Aegi.” I looked around.

 

It was true. At least it was what I felt when I studied at the pictures that Dongwoon took from Aegi’s apartment earlier at my office room. I found it was strange that Aegi’s phone was taken along when Kang Heejoon just wanted her to lure me out. Of course, using her number to sent me the picture had succeeded to lure me out. But why they took her phone along?

 

So I took Junhyung out with me to look around her apartment once again.

 

“So, you think that the kidnappers were taking her phone because there’s something about the phone?” Junhyung confirmed to make sure.

 

“Yeah,” I said while nodding.

 

Junhyung smirked. “Okay then,” he said then looked around. “I’ll be checking around.” He looked back at me and frowned as if he was disgusting about something. “Scraping around the trash is never on my list.”

 

I smiled to hear his words. I knew that Junhyung had neat personality. “Okay,” I said.

 

Junhyung went away. I just looked at him for a while as he was looking around then looked back to the house. I raised my gaze up to the 4th floor where Aegi lived. The trash box was located under her windows. It was the perfect place if the culprit threw out her phone to get rid of the phone. But what the culprit didn’t know, the trash wouldn’t be picked up until tomorrow for their weekly cycle.

 

I used the gloves as I came to the trash box. Then I started scraping around, moving the trash bags as I looked around. As I moved aside one of the trash bags, I found Aegi’s phone underneath it. I took the phone. It was safe for me to touch it since I used rubber gloves. I studied it.

 

The phone was broken and smashed. It seemed that the kidnapper smashed the phone before threw it away. I found the components near by and I collected them. But then, I realized that the memory card was gone. I tried to look around for it but I found nothing. Then, I heard Junhyung calling my name.

 

“Yah, Doojoon!”

 

I turned and looked at him. He was coming closer as he looked on his phone. It seemed that he just received a phone call. He turned his gaze to see me as he stopped.

 

“It seems that Aegi is on her way back. Moon said that she wants Kyuri to find some information quickly. I think we need to come back as soon as possible,” he said as he waved his phone.

 

I just nodded. “Okay,” I said then looked around for the last time. But I still couldn’t find the memory card. So, I jumped out from the trash box and came to Junhyung.

 

It seemed that he saw the phone on my hand because he asked, “You did find it.”

 

I took a quick glance to him and shifted my gaze to the phone. “Yeah… I found it inside the trash box.” I told him then looked back to him. “It seemed that someone had thrown it away.”

 

As I spoke, Junhyung took out the evidence plastic bag.

 

“But the memory card is missing,” I told him as I put the broken phone in the plastic bag.

 

Junhyung studied the broken phone. “It’s broken pretty bad,” he said then looked at me. “It seems that someone smashed on it before throwing it away.”

 

“Do you think so?” I asked.

 

Junhyung just shrugged. “I’m not sure either. But, it seems so.” He brought the phone closer to analyze the crack pattern on the screen. “It’s like someone has been stepping on it or hit it with something hard.” He looked back at me. “But I don’t know. I need it to check on the lab.”

 

I just exhaled. “Okay. Let’s go back first. We can’t let Aegi waits for us.” I patted Junhyung’s arm

 

He just nodded. Both of us went back to the car and came back to the base.

 

 

- Shin Aegi -

 

I was reading the documents about Park Kyunjong’s late wife on the small meeting room. Kyuri had given the documents when I arrived at the base. Yoseob and I were re-analyzed the documents and the evidence that we had after we arrived on the base. He was staring at the white board.

 

The door opened and I raised my gaze to it. Doojoon entered the room.

 

“Hyunseung told me that you’re here.” He walked to the table. “Anything new?”

 

I turned my gaze to Yoseob as I wanted him to explain. It seemed that Yoseob understood my look.

 

“The security on Park Kyunjong’s house is tight,” Yoseob said as I gazed back to the documents on my hand.

 

“Meaning?” Doojoon asked.

 

But I heard Yoseob explain further.

 

“It is heavily equipped with survillence cameras.”

 

“That’s weird,” Doojoon said.

 

“We know.” Yoseob paused. “I counted that there are 3 to 4 cameras on the living room. There is a CCTV camera on the lobby. It seems that whoever installed the survillence cameras wants to watch over the staffs and whoever that comes to the house.”

 

“And the head buttler is definitely hiding something about the family.” I closed the folder and shoved it to him.

 

Doojoon stopped the folder when it arrived on his side then raised his gaze to me.

 

“Those are information about Park Kyunjong’s late wife.”

 

Doojoon looked back to it and opened it.

 

“She was died on a traffic accident years ago. But no autopsy was performed based on family’s request and no further investigation was held for the accident though the truck’s driver that hit the car had been captured.”

 

“That’s weird.” Doojoon pressed his hands to the table as he leaned forward. “Why did they refuse the autopsy? The police would try to dig deeper with that question.”

 

“We got the same question too. There was something about her death but Park Kyunjong wanted it remain hidden.” I told him.

 

“We thought the possibility of murder,” Yoseob added.

 

“But the accident was happened more than 20 years ago and the technology wasn’t as good as today. It’s nearly impossible for us to look on it or to re-open the case,” I said.

 

Doojoon turned his gaze to Yoseob with a smirk on his face. “Did you ever read about this case?”

 

Yoseob seemed to protest. “I was a toodler at that time. How could my parents allow me to read that kind of news?”

 

Doojoon just scoffed then looked back at me. “How about the Old Database?”

 

“Dongwoon already asked to retrieve the files based on my request. But it will take a while.”

 

Doojoon nodded again. “Anything else?”

 

“The head buttler told me that Park Kyunjong was remarried but they were forbidden to talk about his second wife. But we can’t find anything about his second wife either. No marriage registration between them.”

 

“But some people don’t register their marriage, especially their second marriage,” he said.

 

“Yeah, I know.”

 

“But then, why did he become Pink Arjuna’s victim?”

 

I just exhaled with the question. “I wonder about that too.” I looked at the files that I had for Park Kyunjong. One of them was the toxic report that Gikwang gave to me. I looked at the report again.

 

I remembered the report that Yoseob and Kyuri retrieved from the hospital. It included the toxic report for all the victims. So I looked for them. And when I found them, I put them all in line on the table. As I looked onto each of them, I was thinking. I was thinking about the reason why Park Kyunjong was murdered.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Doojoon’s voice brought me back to reality. I turned my gaze on him. He seemed waiting for my explanation. I looked back to the toxic reports that spread in front of me.

 

“Based on Park Kyunjong’s autopsy report, it seems that he was exposed by arsenic for a long time.”

 

“He was… according to the report that Gikwang gave us,” Doojoon replied me.

 

“But the other victims were given lethal dose of arsenic that might kill them immediately,” I told them.

 

“Is it possible that Park Kyunjong was the real target while the others were collateral damages?” Yoseob suddenly spoke up.

 

But it brought me to realize that it might be possible. Park Kyunjong had been exposed by arsenic for long time. It seemed that someone who gave the medicine to him intended to kill him.

 

“You are right,” I said. “It is possible that someone was targeted Park Kyunjong and intended to kill him. Then to cover the track and to divert police’s investigation, they killed several people afterward. That was why we investigated the hospital case instead of Park Kyunjong’s case.”

 

“So… the culprit could be someone who was close to Park Kyunjong,” Doojoon said. “It could be his staffs, his relatives, his kids, parents.”

 

“It could be…”

 

I heard Yoseob replied. But when Doojoon said ‘parents’, something was struck in my mind. I remembered something. Ever since I heard his name, I had felt that I knew Park Kyunjong. I indeed had known him. I had met him once years ago. Someone had introduced him as the father then told me something about having someone else as the real father.

 

But then, I was thinking about the connection between them, especially to Lee Il Ryung. I turned to the white board.

 

Yoseob wrote ‘Pink Arjuna’ on the white board. I remembered that Lee Il Ryung wrote the same name on his notebook. But there was something that different. I took Lee Il Ryung’s notebook and also the piece of paper that was torn from the notebook. Then, I put the piece of paper to its place on the notebook until I could read 2 words that were written there.

 

‘PINK ARJUNE’

 

I looked at the words for a while before I realized about something.

 

I realized that the one that we should find was closer than I thought. Then, I also realized the reason why Kang Heejoon took me and Doojoon. This case was involving personal matters.

 

“Doojoon.”

 

I looked up and saw Doojoon looking at me because of my call.

 

“I think this case is personal.”

 

 

From Author:

Another update~

So sorry for another long break between the previous chapter and this one. I was distracted by another story from another fandom *red: Sunsu Legend of the Heart that features EXO* But finally, I managed to update this fic~ Haha XD

As always, I hope you will enjoy this chapter~ ^^

If you have twitter account, you can add me on @AFFalize_sakura.

Thank you for reading, subscribing or commenting~ Enjoy reading.

PS: Have you seen Doojoon's action in IRIS 2?? He's so cool.. well, just think Doojoon in this fic as Doojoon in IRIS 2 ^^