BEAST

Code Name : BEAST and the Angels

 

- Park Kyuri –

 

After Aegi unnie let us to dismiss, Dongwoon asked me the case file. So I handed the case file to him so he could read it. I took a glance back to the two leaders as I sat down on the chair beside Dongwoon and saw that they were talking. Unnie and Doojoon were talking. But I clearly could see that Unnie seemed not to like talking with Doojoon. I nudged Dongwoon as I saw them parting their way. Doojoon was walking to his own office while Unnie walked toward Gikwang.

 

“Ya, Dongwoonie.” I turned to see him. “Do you think Aegi unnie and Doojoon are having bad relation?”

 

Dongwoon looked at the two leaders and looked understood. “Ah…” He looked back at me. “The hyungs told me to ignore them.” He said carelessly and looked back to the computer in the front of him.

 

I tilted my head. Somehow I couldn’t ignore the matter just like that. “But do you think that if their relation is really bad it can be affected to our mission?”

 

Dongwoon stopped typing and seemed to agree with my statement earlier. He looked at me with concerned look. “You’re right. What should we do with it?”

 

But before I could answer, someone called Dongwoon’s name.

 

“Dongwoon-ah.”

 

I looked around and saw Dongwoon’s team member came toward our desk. He brought a file folder on his hand and his eyes were fixed to that file. He got this cute look on his face. I thought I remembered that his name was Yang Yoseob. He was the crime analyst on Dongwoon’s group. And I heard that he had special ability for memorizing something that called as Eidetic Memory. Many people said that he was special. But as I looked at him, Yang Yoseob seemed to be normal. He was too cute for a guy in my opinion. I was kinda envying him now.

 

“Yes, Hyung?” Dongwoon quick reply broke the terrain of my thought.

 

Yang Yoseob lifted his gaze and accidentally caught my gaze to him. I straightened my body as his gaze caught on mine. I bowed at him which he replied with an awkward nod. But then, he diverted his gaze to Dongwoon.

 

“I need you to check some info for me.” He said as he took a paper out from the case file and handed it to Dongwoon.

 

Dongwoon received the paper and looked at it. I looked at the paper too. It was a copy of an article about the case that Aegi unnie asked Yoseob to handle.

 

“Try to find any other articles or info that I need to know.”

 

Dongwoon nodded. “Alright.”

 

“Thank you.” Yoseob said to him then he walked away.

 

But before he walked away, I was sure that he turned his gaze on me for a moment and flashed me a shy smile. But I didn’t know. I thought I was dreaming. I didn’t know him so well. So I didn’t know why he flashed me that shy smile. But then he went away with his hand rubbing the back of his head.

 

“Kyuri-ah.”

 

I looked at Dongwoon again. “Yes?”

 

“I think we need a better workstation here.” He said as he stood up. “Let’s go to my work-office.”

 

“Work-office?” I stood up and followed him toward a door beside an empty office room across Doojoon’s office.

 

Dongwoon held the door's knob and looked at me. He gave me his proud smirk. "Yes, my work office." He said then opened up the door.

 

When I stepped into the room as I was following him, I quickly stopped. “Wow.” I said as I felt amazed.

 

The room was filled with computers with high technologies. High technologies meant that it would be faster. It would save more time. I heard Dongwoon closed the door and walked. I saw him came to a chair and sat there. He looked at me.

 

“Have a seat.” He said as he gestured to the seat beside him.

 

I walked to the chair and sat there. I had heard from Aegi that Mr. Hong treated Doojoon’s team as a special one. I didn’t believe them at first since Mr. Hong granted me with special permissions to hack into many secret databases of the Interpol or any special Police Organizations. But to see Dongwoon’s office, I was starting to think that there was a difference between us and the guys even though both of our teams were the best among all the teams.

 

“Now, work your magic here, Kyuri.” He told me. “I’ll help Yoseob Hyung’s case first.”

 

I smiled to him. “Alright.” I told him.

 

But somehow, I couldn’t bring my self to ask about the different treatment or to dislike the boys. So I would just work my self with the case.

 

 

- Moon Hae Seon –

 

I was about to start reading the mission’s file when I noticed that Aegi walked toward Gikwang and talked with him for a while before both of them walked out from the room. And when I turned my gaze back, I caught that Doojoon was looking at them from his office’s door with a look that I couldn’t explain before he closed the door.

 

There’s must be something between them, I thought as I smirked slightly.

 

But then, my attention was distracted with a guy who came to my side and leaned on the table where I sat. I didn’t have to look to see that that guy was Yong Junhyung, the top playboy on our division. But too bad that he was also the best undercover expert on our division. He was so good on seducing people, especially to women. And somehow, he was also the type of person that I hated the most.

 

“So, what’s our mission?” He asked.

 

I took a slight glance at him. He was smirking in the charming way that I was sure it would charm to any girls that he met. But not for me. I determined on that one.

 

“Simple.” I told him as I released a sigh. “We need to find someone who is also Kang Heejoon’s man.”

 

“And is this someone a girl or a guy?”

 

I took out a picture from the case file and put it on the table then pushed it toward Junhyung. “A guy.” I tapped the picture.

 

Junhyung was smirking again and took the picture as I looked back to the case file. I didn’t care about his smirk and all. I must to make sure that his seduction never worked for me.

 

“Too bad, isn’t it?” I said to him as I propped my chin on the bridge that made by my intertwined fingers. “The target is not girl.” I looked at him. I intended to be cynical at him. “So you can’t work your charm.”

 

His smirk was still at his face and leaned on to get closer to me. “So will you work your charm then?” He asked as he handed the picture to me.

 

I just looked at him, battling glares with him.

 

To tell you the truth, Yong Junhyung wasn’t as good-looking as Yoon Doojoon or Lee Gikwang, as cute as Yang Yoseob, as handsome as Son Dongwoon or as pretty as Jang Hyunseung. He got chubby cheeks and plumpy lips. But I must to assure you that he had his own charm. Or probably I should say that he was y. The way that he his lips like what he did right now. No wonder why girls fell for him.

 

“Moon-ie.”

 

The call from Hyunseung broke our intense glare. I kept my face straight and turned my face to another direction before I exhaled. I saw Hyunseung walked toward us. I knew Hyunseung long before we joined the teams. He was way different from Junhyung. So I wouldn’t treat him as I treated Junhyung.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Do you mind to help me first with the illegal arms case?” He asked.

 

I took a slight glance at Junhyung. “Sure.” I stood up from the chair and looked at him. “You don’t mind to find some information about the man alone for a while, right?”

 

“Nope.” Junhyung said then stood up from the desk. “I’ll make sure that you’ll get the information that you need when I get back.” He winked at me then walked away.

 

I exhaled in relief when Yong Junhyung walked away.

 

“You seem to hate him.” Hyunseung said.

 

I looked at him. “He’s the type of guy that I hate the most.”

 

Hyunseung smiled because of it. “He’s not as bad as you think.” He said then gave me the file folder that he brought.

 

I received the folder and opened it to find some pictures of weapons. I recognized most of the weapons. No wonder why Hyunseung came to me on the first place.

 

“These are the weapons that we managed to get from Kang Heejoon’s illegal arms business. Do you know where we can start the investigation?”

 

I smirked then raised my gaze to Hyunseung. “I think I know who you can find.” I said as I closed the folder and returned it to Hyunseung.

 

Hyunseung smiled. “I always amazed on your network, Moon.”

 

I smiled to him. “I always knew it might useful.” I winked at him.

 

 

- Shin Aegi –

 

I stopped in the front of Gikwang. “Interpol just called me earlier.”

 

Gikwang diverted his look from the case file on his hand to me. “About what?”

 

“There was another body found on the pier earlier in this morning.” I paused. “And since we’re handling this case, they wonder whether we want to join their autopsy or not.”

 

A smile broke on Gikwang’s face. “I thought they won’t ask.”

 

I understood the look on his face. Even though he was a police but Gikwang’s first interest was medical and forensic, just like me. For some times, I was competed with him for medical term. So I was sure that he wanted to come with me for the autopsy on the Medical Examiner’s base. Besides, my relation with him was not as bad as me with Doojoon.

 

“My car is downstairs.” I said then turned to walk toward the door.

 

Gikwang was following me. We stepped out from the door and walked toward the parking lot. We were coming out from the building and went to my car. I drove the car away from the base.

 

“Doojoon was watching at us when we walked out, you know?” Gikwang told me as he read the case file. “I guess he wanted to strangle me because I’m going out with you.”

 

I smirked to his words. “Let him be. He’s nothing to concern about.”

 

Gikwang smiled and continued to read the case file. “I heard that you and Doojoon have long history together.”

 

“Explain what the long history is?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

I smiled. “Then don’t ask.”

 

“Am I asking?” He protested, earning him a laugh from me. “By the way, you’re good on the last mission.”

 

I smiled. “Thank you.”

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

“Can you give me the brief?” I asked Gikwang.

 

“Yeah.” Gikwang said then I heard he was turning the pages. “You know what. After reading this case file, I assume that some dirty works are behind these reports.” He paused. “I’m not blaming the forensic experts who examined the bodies. But it seems that they missed something on purpose.”

 

I smiled with his assumption. “Then?”

 

“I think Kang Heejoon has a helper inside M.E. office.” Gikwang said.

 

I hit my break as the traffic light turned red then looked at him. “Nice assumption. That is what I thought about when I read the case file earlier.” I told him.

 

“So?” He raised his eyebrows.

 

I smirked at him again. “That’s what we’re going to find out.”

 

Gikwang smiled as he understood. “No wonder if Doojoon is envying your analyzing skill.”

 

I just chuckled then drove my car away.

 

---

 

From Author:

Update~ Sorry for taking a long time to update~

Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting to this fic~ I hope you enjoy it~