Mission Nine – BEAST and Angels Act 1 Part 2

Code Name : BEAST and the Angels

 

- Yoon Doojoon -

 

I opened my eyes and saw the ceiling before I realized that I was sleeping at the sofa on my office. I turned my face and saw Aegi sat on the couch across of me. She was propped her chin on her palm while her elbow was resting on the seat rest. Her lips curved as she saw me woke up.

 

“Morning, sleepy head.” She said.

 

“What time is it?” I asked with hoarse and sleepy voice

 

She threw a glance toward the clock on my room. “A little pass 3 in the afternoon.” She said then lowered her hand.

 

I grumbled and sat up. I buried my face on my palms as I felt sleepy. I released a sigh. “Why do you let me sleep more than 5 hours, Aegi?” I complained to her.

 

“I don’t know.” She said.

 

I lowered my hands and looked at her, ready to protest at her.

 

“Probably because I was busy too?”

 

“Haha.” I laughed dryly and cynically. “Funny.”

 

But she just smiled with my cynical reply. She leaned forward as she wanted to stand up. “I bought you lunch.” She said. “Eat first before you get out.” She stood up.

 

I looked at the coffee table in the front of me. There were foods on the table. There was also a can of cola on the table. I reached out my hand to take the cola. But then, I saw Aegi quickly grabbed the cola away before my hand could ever reach it. I looked up at her.

 

“No.” She said firmly. “You haven’t eaten breakfast. And I won’t take the risk of having one sick team member while working on the case.” She straightened her body. “So, this cola is for me.” She held the cola closer to her and gave me her smile. “Have a nice lunch.” She walked toward the door afterward.

 

Probably when I was on the right state of mind, I would bicker with her again. I looked at the front again and released a sigh. She was lucky that my mind still felt drowsy. But then, the case came back to my mind.

 

“Aegi.”

 

I heard her footsteps stopped. I turned to see her. She was stopped right in the front of the door, just before she reached out for the knob.

 

“How’s the case?”

 

Aegi paused for a while before she turned to see me. “Just take your time to have your lunch first, Doojoon. You’ll get my report when you get out.” She said then turned the knob to open the door and walked out.

 

But judging from her face, I didn’t think she got good news for me.

 

 

***

 

Moon Haejo was walking to the alley where his friends were waiting for him on the evening. He came to the group of young guys. They were welcoming him with open hands. Haejo was talking with them. Then one of his friends was showing the picture of his girlfriend on his mobile phone. At that moment, Haejo was recognized one guy who was on the picture along with his friend and his friend’s girl. It was Yoo Im Taek. Then suddenly he remembered where he ever saw him. It was from his friend’s pictures too.

 

“Who is he? A boyfriend of your girlfriend?” Haejo asked, acting as he was joking around.

 

His friend smirked. “No. He’s a friend of mine. I think I ever showed you the picture of him.”

 

“Ah…” Haejo pretended as if he was remembered. “That guy.” He pauses a moment. “Is he the owner of the club?” Haejo asked again.

 

“No.” His friend looked at the picture again. “He owns a business.”

 

“What kind of business? Arms business like us?”

 

“No. He’s dealing drugs.”

 

***

 

- Yong Junhyung -

 

I smiled in satisfaction as I walked out from Pink Lipstick Night Club. It turned out that having a hobby to hang out at night clubs became a benefit for me. I could get many useful information.

 

Earlier on the club, I met the bartender girl. She was introducing me with a girl who was closed with Yoo Im Taek. With a little persuasion, I managed to make her speak about what kind of business that Yoo Im Taek ran. So I acted as if I was having interest on the business and I bought her drinks as I asked her to tell me more. Then, she started to blurt out about the business as she was drunk. After I had enough information, I told the bartender girl to take care of the girl and I went out.

 

I took out my mobile phone as I walked toward my car and called Dongwoon.

 

“Hy, Dongwoon.” I said as he picked up my call. “Help me to find an address.” I went silent for a while as I came to the car. “I’ll send you the info as I drive back. I’ll see you later at the office.”

 

I lowered my phone and hung up then opened the car’s door. I entered the car and drove away back to the office

 

 

- Moon Haeseon –

 

I heard my phone vibration on my desk while I was checking the report about Yoo Im Taek’s arresting again. I looked at it and took it. I saw Haejo’s name on the screen. So I took the phone and picked the call.

 

“Yes, Haejo.” I answered him.

 

“Nunna, I finally remember who he is.”

 

When I heard his words, I quickly looked at Aegi who was standing beside Hyunseung’s desk along with Doojoon. Actually, she was looking at me when I picked up my phone.

 

And when I looked back at her, she mouthed me silently, “Haejo?”

 

I nodded. Aegi closed the folder on her hands as she looked at Doojoon. I guessed she was telling him that my informant called. I turned my gaze to the front.

 

“What’s up, Haejo?” I asked as I noticed that Doojoon and Aegi came to my desk. I quickly turned my phone to speaker phone mode and put it on the table. “I put you on the speaker.”

 

“Hy, Haejo.” Aegi said.

 

“Nunna, I finally remember who he is. My friend was showing me his picture to me. He was someone that my friend knew on a club.” He paused.

 

“And?”

 

“I was asking my friend who he was. My friend said that he was a dealer.” He paused. “A drug dealer.”

 

When Aegi and Doojoon heard the words, their expression changed. Doojoon took a pen and a paper to take note.

 

“Did your friend tell you more?” Aegi asked.

 

“He did tell me that your suspect got a drug factory. He’s smuggling the drugs then placed them on his place before his men sells them on the street.”

 

I saw Doojoon taking notes. I also saw the base door opened and Junhyung came in. He came toward Doojoon. Doojoon quickly raised his hand to stop him from talking.

 

“Did your friend tell you about the factory’s location?” Aegi asked again.

 

“He just said it was somewhere downtown. He also doesn’t know about the exact location.” Haejo paused again. “Sorry I can’t help much, Nunna.”

 

“No. Thank you, Haejo. You have helped us much.” Aegi said. “Be careful, okay.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Aegi pressed the hung up button afterward.

 

“Okay.” Junhyung started to talk. “I think I can narrow down the location. The factory’s location is somewhere in Itaewon. I already asked Dongwoon to check on Yoo I'm Taek's properties on Itaewon”

 

“Good.” Aegi said then walked toward the Computer room.

 

I took my phone and followed her along with Junhyung and Doojoon.

 

“Dongwoon, Kyuri.” Aegi called the youngest members as we entered the room.

 

“Yeah, unnie?” Kyuri asked.

 

But Dongwoon seemed to know what Aegi would ask him. "Ah, about the properties that Junhyung asked earlier, the answer is no. He doesn't have any properties or addresses that rented under his name

 

"Have you check under custodian's name?" Doojoon asked.

 

Dongwoon shook his head. "Negative result."

 

"Probably he was using someone else's name." Aegi seemed to be thinking. “Kyuri, try to check on his phone record. See if there any record of him calling a place on Itaewon?”

 

Kyuri started to type again. Her screen showed the list of phone numbers that Yoo Im Taek dialed or the numbers that calling him. Then, some numbers were high-lighted and grouped into one.

 

"He was calling this number more than the rest." Kyuri said.

 

"Send me the address." Doojoon said then looked at Aegi. "I'll call the police for breaking in."

 

Aegi nodded and Doojoon left with Junhyung. She looked at me and nodded at me. I turned and went away with the guys.

 

---

 

From Author:

Update~

It's too early at my local time and I'm still sleepy~ << Ignore this one~ hehehe~ :P

Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting to this fic~ I hope you enjoy it~