Chapter 21

One Great Escapade

Taekwoon had to go visit his team due to the fact that they needed him in order to win. He was happy, of course, that he could finally do something to help his team but the fact that he would have to leave his house under the care of five patients of a mental hospital made him quite uneasy.

If it was just Hongbin or Sanghyuk, he would not worry that much, not even Wonshik would make him feel so scared. However, Jaehwan and Hakyeon were not the most trust-worthy person there was. Heck, the two insane guys could even start a fire that would ruin the whole neighborhood. That was the reason why he was contemplating whether he should attend his team’s training or just stay at his house in order to look after it. Then again, that was just wasting his effort to escape. After all, the sole reason why he wanted to escape—except for the fact that Hakyeon and Jaehwan were in the mental hospital with him—was to look after his team’s training.

Letting out a sigh, Taekwoon had decided to just leave the other boys’ a note of not touching his precious coffee machine because they would be facing hell if that were to happen.

“Right, I should prepare some food for them.” He mumbled, taking out some ingredients that he bought from the 24-hour grocery store just around the corner earlier that day. “So that they would not have a reason to touch my kitchen anymore.” He added as if to explain to himself. He was an unchangeable person and so, he did not want to initiate doing an act of kindness especially not towards people he already declared his hatred to.

As quiet yet as fast as he could, Taekwoon prepared the food so that he could leave without anymore burdens—also known as the other five boys—waking up and doing something out of pure idiocy and that specifically applied to the guy who was snoring his head off on the sofa in the living room, Cha Hakyeon. For sure, that would not just ruin Taekwoon’s morning but it might also affect the future of his team.

 

One hour after Taekwoon left, Hongbin was the first one to wake up. Now, his morning routine was nothing out of the ordinary. He was quite fortunate that the room provided for him and Sanghyuk had a mirror—perfect for admiring one’s self. He grinned when he saw his own reflection.

“Dang it, Hongbin, why do you have to be so dazzling even when you just woke up? Many would complain about your unfair genetics. Wait, why am I still wondering? It’s because everything about me is perfect.” Winking at his reflection, he fixed his hair. He would really marry himself.

Suddenly, he wondered if he still remembered how to deal with ladies ogling over him since he had been stuck with five other girls—and technically, Nurse Park should never be considered as a lady. The other nurses did ogle at him but they thought that he had a few screws lose so they did not really count. When he was able to go home before, he did not really notice the ogling women because he was busy with trying to control himself. Finally, he had the chance to think about it, he wondered how those women react seeing such an ethereal beauty called ‘Lee Hongbin’.

To be honest, he had always wondered why he was born like a Greek god. While everyone around him tried to dress up as fashionably as they could, Hongbin could make the details of a t-shirt stand out as if it was the most expensive piece of clothing in the whole wide world. Not that he was showing off or anything but he truly did pity people who were not him—they must have it touch. Well, everyone except Sanghyuk because with that kid’s evil mind, he would never be pitiful.

After throwing a one last glance of admiration to his own reflection, Hongbin headed to the bathroom that was located right next to the shared room of him and Sanghyuk. Come to think of it, Taekwoon seemed to be pretty well off, living in such an expensive looking house alone. Hongbin did not know how much Taekwoon was earning, still, the former was pretty sure that it might be a lot especially when Royal Azalea was such a successful team—it was a huge pity that they were not doing as well but still, they were popular and that popularity never died down.

Arriving inside of the bathroom, Hongbin once again came face to face to his own handsome reflection. He could not help but grin in satisfaction. “No matter what angle, I still look like an angel.” He uttered to himself, sighing in relief. “I don’t know why but I’m just hot like this. Who can beat this face of mine?”

While he was in the middle of admiring his own reflection again, Hongbin heard Hakyeon’s frantic scream from downstairs. More annoyed (because someone ruined his peaceful time of admiring a fantastic creature) than startled, Hongbin exited the bathroom, ready to teach Hakyeon a lesson of a lifetime. Upon doing so, he found a rather annoyed Sanghyuk coming out of their room.

“What happened?” Sanghyuk asked Hongbin, out of annoyance rather than actual curiosity.

“I don’t know.” Hongbin shook his head. “He must be being weird again.”

Jaehwan also came out of the room that he shared with Wonshik. “Is there a fire? A fire?!” He screamed in a voice of an old lady. “Police officers, please help my grandson. He’s trapped inside.” He cried, holding onto Sanghyuk’s hands. “Please, do your best.”

“What the hell, Jaehwan hyung?” Sanghyuk frowned. “Come to think of it, why the heck is the hospital not giving Jaehwan hyung and Hakyeon hyung some medicines? They need it so that there would no more screws in their head that would go loose.”

Jaehwan hit Sanghyuk’s head. “This disrespectful kid!” He huffed, his voice still sounded like an old woman. “Just because you’re rich, you think that you have everything? I won’t let you get away with this crime just because you have money and the face. As long as there is a triangle that would dictate our place in this society, this chaos would never end.” He paused dramatically, letting go of Sanghyuk and looking at afar. “That is why I…” He trailed off, his voice was shaky and distant. “I won’t let you marry my daughter, you insolent brat!” While saying that, he faced Sanghyuk once again.

“What on Earth—no, never mind.” Sanghyuk sighed, knowing that nothing good would come out by talking to Jaehwan. “Let’s just go and check if Hakyeon hyung messed up or anything.”

“What’s going on?” To the surprise of the three guys, Wonshik came out of their room. He looked sleep but the most important thing was that he was freakin’ awake. He had his eyes opened and he was talking—not snoring, talking! This resulted the three guys to freeze on their spot, wondering if Wonshik was actually awake or if he were possessed, or perhaps, it was a spirit freely roaming around and copying Wonshik’s image because the spirit knew that Wonshik would not be awake any time soon.

Jaehwan screamed. “He’s possessed!” He pointed accusingly at Wonshik. “Quick, tie him up!” He commanded to Hongbin and Sanghyuk who, for once, were willing to follow Jaehwan’s instructions.

However, neither Sanghyuk nor Hongbin managed to make a move as Hakyeon hollered from downstairs once again. “Kids, come over here! Your father left us! Your father freakin’ left us only leaving a letter behind!” He hollered.

The four boys looked at each other in confusion but decided to come down in order to see what Hakyeon was making a fuss about. If it was something trivial, Sanghyuk swore that he would cut off the eldest boy’s body and throw his body parts into different parts of the world—his vocal chords would be buried in Sahara’s desert and would not be found ever again. Thinking about it, it was such a nice plan.

The four boys found Hakyeon in the kitchen, a letter on his hand as he was dramatically sprawled on the floor. A black scarf was on his head, looking like a mistreated mother of four whose husband recently asked for divorce and left the family in a huge debt.

“No offense but why do you look like an idiot?” Hongbin, annoyed due to the fact that his daily self-admiring routine was disturbed, sarcastically asked without sounding anywhere near apologetic.

Being himself, Hakyeon took no notice of the insult and dramatically turned his head away from the letter to face his sons—the four younger boys. “I cannot believe it. He loves me and I love him. But he…” He trailed off. “He left us for another girl named Azalea. He left after cooking breakfast and leaving this letter to us.” He wiped his nonexistent tears. “I’m so sorry children but right now, you have to get used to your father not being with us. I feel like such a bad mother. I cannot even stop your father from leaving us.” He stated, tearfully.

While Wonshik was muttering about how he should have just slept and while Hongbin and Sanghyuk were rolling their eyes at the idiot, Jaehwan got into his acting mode. He first stretched his body before plunging onto the floor so that he wwas sprawled next to Hakyeon.

“Mother, I am more worried about you than myself.” Jaehwan spoke in a voice of a young lady. “Father was everything to you, almost as important as every cockroaches combined. I know that right now, you want to hold onto his legs that are turning away and beg him to stay but he wouldn’t. We all know that he wouldn’t. Love is like that. It hurts the more you do it. Sometimes, people just can’t be together even if they are breathing the same air, even if they are under the same sky, and even if they are living in the same time. That’s why we have to continue moving forward.”

“Call me when he’s done.” Hongbin scoffed, disappearing to the bathroom in order to continue what he was doing earlier—and that was admiring himself.

Sanghyuk shook his head, grimacing at the scene. “There is no way that I’m going to stay here and watch this. Might as well just watch a horror movie.” He commented, turning away and leaving. It had been mentioned plenty of times before but Sanghyuk wished to put more emphasis on one simple fact: Hakyeon’s and Jaehwan’s level of idiocy was endless.

Wonshik watched as both Hongbin and Sanghyuk walked away from the scene where two idiots were gathered just to create a scene about idiots. Deciding that he could not care less and should not be bothered, Wonshik found a comfortable place at the corner—and yes, you guess it right—fell asleep like a log while lying down on the cold kitchen floor.

Meanwhile, Jaehwan and Hakyeon were not disturbed—not even a little. They continued their little skit in the kitchen.

“What did he mean by it? We cannot end up like this. He should not turn away or go even farther from me.” Hakyeon cried. “That once sweet man,” He trailed off referring to Taekwoon. “Used a very unfamiliar cold tone towards me. It looks different from usual, like it’s a different person.”

“I know. But we have to accept. He changed and changes are inevitable part of life. However, we should not wait for someone else to change before us. Change should start from us so that we can control the situation. Everyone likes to experience a good change but no one wants to change.” Jaehwan paused to let out a sigh. “And that is why pigs don’t have a neck.”

Hakyeon gasped out loud. “Really?! Pigs don’t have a neck? Then, what do they call their necks?”

“Those are called legs.” Jaehwan replied, sounding so confident.

Because of that, the conversation of the two immediately shifted from being dramatic over a letter left by Taekwoon to pigs—the letter was completely forgotten and treated as if it never existed in the first place.

 

“So, what is written on the letter that Taekwoon hyung left? Because I doubt that he ran away with another woman when this is his house to begin with.” Sanghyuk was the one who brought up the topic when the five of them were gathered in the dining area to eat breakfast. After half an hour of talking about pigs in a very dramatic way, Jaehwan and Hakyeon finally got hungry and called the other three to have a breakfast.

“Oh, do you want to read it?” Hakyeon asked but not waiting for a reply, he took the letter from his pocket and handed it to Sanghyuk who was sitting on his left side.

Sanghyuk took the letter, curious as to what made Hakyeon become so dramatic earlier that morning. “‘Eat the food that I cooked and don’t touch my kitchen. Do not, I emphasize, do not start a fire on that house or I’ll make sure that you burn alive. Most importantly, whatever you do, DO NOT touch my coffee machine.  - Jung Taekwoon’” Sanghyuk read the letter out loud. To him, it really was just a normal letter. He would not go all insane over it.

“That’s just a normal letter!” Hongbin, who was sitting on the left side of Sanghyuk, exclaimed, pointing at the letter. “Why did you disturb us?” He sneered at Hakyeon, still upset due to the fact that his time for himself was disturbed even just for a few minutes. Plus, he should add that the noises coming out from Hakyeon’s and Jaehwan’s loud mouths did not do him any justice. He could not appreciate his own beauty properly that way.

Hakyeon shook his head, giving Hongbin a judging look. “You’re such a moron, Lee Hongbin.”

To show his agreement to Hakyeon’s words, Jaehwan, who was sitting across Sanghyuk, made a sound that was closely similar to that of a real pig. He scrunched his face while doing so.

“Jaehwan hyung! You’re so cute!” Wonshik cooed, pulling Jaehwan—who was right beside him—into a tight hug which the latter gladly returned while grinning in satisfaction.

“I know, right? Well, I was originally known as the ‘cutest musical actor’ afterall.” Jaehwan boasted.

“Wasn’t he known as the ‘weirdest musical actor’?” Sanghyuk pointed out.

Hongbin nodded his head, confirming Sanghyuk’s statement. However, right after doing so, a gasp escaped his lips. “Did you just call me a ‘moron’, Hakyeon hyung?”

“If it took you this long to notice then you really are a moron.” Hakyeon said, glad that he had outsmarted Hongbin for once. He felt like he won the Oscars for tthe tenth time. “Anyway, do you kids, aside from Jaehwan, still do not get why I was so upset after reading the letter? And why I found out that he’s got another woman?” He asked.

“Stop saying ‘another woman’! You’re not a woman to begin with.” Hongbin argued.

Hakyeon gasped in a very dramatic way and flared his nose. “That’s just offensive, Lee Hongbin!” He made an ugly face. “You look like this right now.” He said, referring to the face that he just made.

It was Hongbin’s turn to gasp as he held his face. “No way! I’m too precious to look like that! In other words, I’m too handsome to be like you!” He grimaced in disgust.

“Calm down, Hongbin hyung.” Sanghyuk patted Hongbin’s shoulder. “You’re still very handsome, very far from being as hideous as Hakyeon hyung.” The former assured the latter before turning to Hakyeon once again (Jaehwan and Wonshik were completely ignored as they were having their own moment just right across the table). “Now, Hakyeon hyung, why on Earth would you even come up with those kinds of assumptions?” Sanghyuk asked, his confusion was painted all over his face.

“Look, he did not even mention coming back home! What time will he get here? How can I cook for him?” Hakyeon asked. “I would have to stay up all night just to wait for him.”

“Didn’t he tell you to go back home? He said that you can only stay for the night.” Sanghyuk stated the fact. “Plus, he already warned us about using the kitchen. Just go back to your own house, hyung.”

“You’re being mean! You’re here too, aren’t you? So, why is it that you are allowed to stay here and I am not? That’s just being unfair. I am also your most beloved hyung so you shouldn’t be cruel towards me. Is this what they mean by the more you love, the more you hate?” Hakyeon sighed.

“Isn’t that supposed to be ‘the more you hate, the more you love’?” Wonshik voiced out upon hearing Hakyeon’s dramatic statement. “And you are not the most beloved hyung. You are the most hated one so get over yourself, old man. Gee.”

Sanghyuk and Hongbin rolled their eyes at Hakyeon and continued to eat, knowing fully well that their messages would never reach Hakyeon’s thick head. They might as well just get over it and just ignore the eldest guy and treat him as if he never existed.

“By the way, are you going to go back to the mental hospital today, Wonshik?” Hakyeon asked, jumping onto another topic because he could not come up with a good argument. “We should have a farewell party for you!” He told Wonshik. “I mean, since we successfully escaped, we might never meet each other ever again. We should send you off happily.”

“With that attitude of yours, I highly doubt that you won’t go back to the mental hospital.” Hongbin uttered but was ignored by Hakyeon.

“Oh, oh!” Jaehwan exclaimed, raising his right hand as if he were going to answer in a recitation. “I know what we can do! Let’s have a farewell party.” He suggested, smiling smugly.

“That’s what Hakyeon hyung said. Oh, wait, why do I even bother when they wouldn’t even listen to me or Hongbin hyung?” Sanghyuk deadpanned.

“That’s a great idea, Jaehwan hyung.” Wonshik cooed, afraid that Jaehwan might be disheartened.

Jaehwan grinned. “I know! We’re going to have a coffee party to fulfill Taekwoon hyung’s request to use his coffee machine! Since he put emphasis on not using it, it means that he wants us to use it. That’s reverse psychology.” He clasped his hands together.

“All right, kids, hurry and finish your foods so that we can start preparing for Wonshik’s farewell party.” Hakyeon ordered, clapping his hands. “We have a rough day ahead.” He did not know how right his statement was, especially since they were planning on using Taekwoon’s coffee machine.


Author's Note:

I admit, aside from being busy with school, the reason for my absence is laziness (and well, forgetting the existence of this story). OTL But here I am~! I was originally planning to update yesterday but my laptop was not in its best condition yesterday (and even today) since it's not exactly new or anything.

Are you guys in need of new VIXX stories? I have started another one but it's in another account and no chapter has been posted yet despite it being posted on July LMAO. 

Special thanks to all those who commented. And to those who upvoted, marlia91, LeeJi98, Karenkitty1092, Taotic, Sweatervest_Suho, hongbeann, love_kris, Hala-bear, Zhuchu, Lola20, pink_baekbaek, vixxcha, Uvichan1, nam-seok, and bcpfgrg thank you so much! It means a lot to me.

And special thanks to love_kris for volunteering in proof-reading and editing this story for me since this author is such a lazy piece of poop. lol (And let's all wish her a happy birthday even though it's two days late.)