Chapter 11.5

One Great Escapade

Author's Note: (Read to avoid confusion)

This is a special chapter, a filler chapter. This one took place a few weeks/days before the boys got admitted to the mental hospital.


Jaehwan's Special Chapter

“We still have a few more weeks of performing for the musical and until now, everyone is doing really well.” The director said. All the staffs and actors/actresses were gathered for a simple dinner to celebrate the high ticket sales and the positive reactions. “But one actor received exceptional praises. I did not know that it was such a success until they gave some praises. Which is why, from today onwards, that actor will now become the director instead of me.” The director then smiled and showed everyone his resignation letter “Goodbye everyone.” He then walked out of the room.

Everyone was really shocked about the director’s sudden announcement, but that was not the real problem that each of them must face, instead it’s the fact that no one would pay for their meals anymore. And Jaehwan had no plans on paying, no. He was saving his money for his Special K cereal and new cabinet. So, without any warning, Jaehwan stood up from his chair and ran away (while shaking his ).

 

Fine, that was a joke—Jaehwan’s imagination was running wild again. Truthfully speaking, Jaehwan really did received praises and the director was pleased even though Jaehwan was being annoying. But no one would appoint Jaehwan as a director because who would want to watch a love story starring animals? Well, kids, maybe. But even those kids would not appreciate Jaehwan’s directing skills. That would be like committing suicide for the director and the whole production crew.

It had been three days since Jaehwan met the bum at the park. The bum had probably forgotten Jaehwan but the latter still boasted to everyone how he had helped someone in need and how he was so great at giving an advice. He even compared himself to some superheroes who were wearing tights. Of course, his co-workers would have no choice but to agree. No one wanted to hear Jaehwan nagging in an old woman’s voice. All of them had to pretend they agreed even though they would beg to differ. That was like their way to escape from the chaos that Jaehwan would have caused.

“Don’t you think that I am like Superman minus the tight suit?” Jaehwan asked his co-workers. “And of course, minus the underwear that he wears on top of his suit.” He added, nodding his head as if agreeing to his own words. “Why does he need that underwear for, anyway?” He asked out of curiosity, like a little kid who was lost. He even scratched his head. “Is it, like, his source of powers? Wait, no, that’s disgusting. How can he take his powers from an underwear?”

The others gave him a look but did not reply because it was not a new scene. Jaehwan was just as random as he could be. Why would a twenty-four-year-old even care about Superman’s undies? Of course, Jaehwan would do so. He was not normal to begin with. Even Superman, who was busy trying to hide his obvious identity, could not escape from Jaehwan’s weirdness.

“Rather, than caring about Superman and his undies, why don’t you worry about yourself first? Try to keep quiet. It would be much nicer.” One of the members of the crew said. He looked like he was so close to resigning but he could not let go of his job just yet so he had to be patient towards Jaehwan. “Why don’t you go outside for a fresh air?” The same crew suggested—the others who heard that suggestion sighed in relief. “There are many animals outside too, meddle with them. They might know the answers to your questions.”

“Oh!” Jaehwan exclaimed in realization even though the members of the crew were obviously just being sarcastic. “That’s a great idea.” Jaehwan nodded his head. “Since we have nothing important to do yet, I should just head outside and look for someone to talk to. Thanks for the lovely idea!” He grinned happily. If the others did not know him, they would believe that he was crazy—well, even if they did know him, they still believed that he was insane.

Another crew member nodded his head. “Yes, that’s right. Leave. Leave us alone.”

“Ah, before I leave,” Jaehwan started. “I just want you to hear my suggestion for our next musical play. How about a multiple personality disorder concept?” He suggested proudly. “Like, a dog has a split-personality and the play will be all about his exciting journey.”

“Why would we want to create a play about you? Who would even watch that thing?” Another member of the crew sneered in annoyance.

“Hey!” Jaehwan protested. “It’s not a play about me. It’s an exciting play.” He insisted. “Why is no one trying to appreciate my genius mind and ideas?” He asked, sighing out loud. “Fine, I will just get outside and talk to my other friends.” He stated firmly.

The others let out a sigh of relief when Jaehwan started walking away. No one could explain how happy they were due to the fact that the distraction was no longer around. They would finally be able to work and do their duties peacefully. After all, Jaehwan was the only one who was stopping them from working—yet the distraction was just annoyingly strong. The only thing that they could do was to make the distraction leave them alone.

 

“Woah… what a cool dog.” Jaehwan saluted towards the dog who was staring at him. If the dog could talk, it would have snapped at Jaehwan already. Whenever the latter would pass by, he would always make random comments towards the same dog—and that happened every day! Of course, if you were the dog,  you would be annoyed as well.

The dog barked at Jaehwan but the latter did not even flinch. Come to think of it, he was so used to people and animals barking at him so he was not even shaken nor was he even surprised. The dog could only glare at Jaehwan—how it wished it could speak.

“Dog, I have a question to ask. Aren’t my ideas awesome?” Jaehwan asked but the dog did not reply. “Why are you not replying? Didn’t your parents teach you to respond when people are asking you? Tell me, aren’t my ideas awesome? They’re awesome, right?” Jaehwan scolded the dog so the latter barked in reply. The former frowned. “Hey, don’t be noisy. I am thinking. That was a rhetorical question.” He said so the dog kept quiet. “How come no one appreciates my awesome brain?” Jaehwan asked once again. However, the dog kept its mouth shut. “Why are you not replying again?” Jaehwan whined.

The dog could only stare at Jaehwan. It was probably close to losing its mind. If it was not a dog, it would have been in the mental asylum already. Yeah, it was lucky that it was a dog after all.

“Reply!” Jaehwan whined even more before barking out loud. Without him knowing, someone was watching him, even taking a video of him as he enjoyed talking to the poor dog.

 

“Musical Actor Lee Jehwan Has Lost His Marbles?!” Jaehwan exclaimed when he saw the news article. First of all, his name was not spelled correctly. Second, the picture that they used did not show his charisma or cuteness—he was wearing a cap and a mask in the picture—and it was not even in HD! “They could have chosen a better picture with a better quality.” He scrunched his nose. “People these days…”

“Is that all you can think of?!” Jaehwan’s mother hit his head. “Why do you still go around in the neighborhood, talking to dogs? Do you seriously want to be like your father?”

“Why are you badmouthing me again?” Jaehwan’s father came in, holding a turtle in his hands. “Emerald, don’t be scared. That woman is insane but she won’t hurt you.” He muttered to the turtle before walking away.

“What do you mean by that, mom?” Jaehwan asked in confusion. “There is nothing wrong with dad though. Maybe something is wrong with you? Is your blood pressure rising again?” He asked, tilting his head to the side. “Drink your medicine and rest well.”

Jaehwan’s mother groaned. She gave up. “I don’t know anymore, Lee Jaehwan. People are saying that you should go to the mental hospital. I don’t want you to end up there but I think that will be the best solution to this problem. I am going to save this household.” She firmly stated. “I will be like Wonderwoman who wears her swimsuit every day even if it is really cold. I will save you, this household, and the whole wide world!” She proclaimed, putting her hands on her hips with her head held high.

Jaehwan stared at his mother in amazement. “Whoa! Indeed, you’re my mom!” He clapped his hands, grinning widely. He was so proud of his own mom.

Jaehwan’s mother cleared upon realizing what she was doing. She let her hands fall on her sides. “Anyway,” She cleared once again. “You really are going to the mental hospital. We’ll have you assessed then you should stay there for three months. That way, people would be relieved when we announce that you’re going to come out soon. Your fans still love you but they want you to be checked. They are worried about you.”

Jaehwan pouted. “Fine, but I can get out when the doctor said that it’s fine already, right?”

His mother nodded her head. “Yes, that’s right.”

“Then, fine.” Jaehwan shrugged his shoulders before barking happily.


Author's Note:(Story Feed)

I was really planning on updating yesterday but I got busy so it's a bit late. This is actually a celebration because I did it! I am now a part of our school's publication~ LOL 

Anyway, I started posting things in the Story Feed section so that you will know if I will be able to update or not. Some clarifications will be put there as well.

Next update may come next week (depending on my schedule) and a new VIXX story may or may not come soon too. ^-^

Special thanks to all those who commented. And to those who upvoted, marlia91, LeeJi98, Karenkitty1092, Taotic, Sweatervest_Suho, hongbeann, love_kris, Hala-bear and Zhuchu thank you so much! It means a lot to me.