VIXX's Leo Birthday Special

One Great Escapade

Author's Note: (Read to avoid confusion)

This is a special chapter that took place way, way before. This does not effect the story as a whole.

P.S.: This chapter is dedicated to VIXX's Chic Main Vocal Leo (The person, not the cockroach xD)
P.P.S.: Leshinset is too strong. I kennot >.<


Chic Taekwoon's First Love, the Latte

Taekwoon’s love for latte probably started way back when he was an infant. One time, his mother went to the doctor so he was left with his father. His father was too lazy to go out and buy him milk so the former just gave his son a latte. The infant Taekwoon loved how the latte tasted. It was not too sweet and not too bitter. It had a perfect bittersweet taste so the baby fell in love with it in first taste. Taekwoon’s father was really surprised to see how happy his son was because of the coffee.

When Taekwoon’s mother, Mrs. Jung, found out that Taekwoon drank coffee, she was not very pleased. However, Taekwoon would usually cry, worrdlessly asking for his latte. In the end, Mrs. Jung could do nothing but to give him his latte. Things were not always that good though. Slowly, Mrs. Jung made the infant forget the taste of latte by always making him drink his milk. Soon enough, the infant separated with his first love.

 

Taekwoon was five when he rediscovered latte and its miracles. The reunion of the lovers was touching. Every morning, Taekwoon would wonder why his parents drink such a weird-looking drink. It did not look tasty at all. It seemed like it could kill anyone. For a four-year-old, the coffee looked really disgusting and it looked like a “rotten water”—if such thing even exists.

“Dad, what is that thing?” Little Taekwoon scrunched up his nose in disgust while watching his father drink a cup of coffee. “Why is it brown? Is it bitter?” He asked while climbing to his father’s lap.

Mr. Jung chuckled then shook his head. “It’s not bitter at all. Well, the taste is kinda bitersweet but it is delicious. This is the thing we call coffee. There are many kinds of coffee but this one, which is latte, is my favorite.” He told his son as if the five-year-old would actually understand the value of coffee.

Taekwoon shook his head. “I don’t think so.”  He said with a pout—an expression that was rare to see because he was too chic for a five-year-old. “You should stop drinking that.”

Mr. Jung sighed before looking around. He was checking if his wife was around. “You should ask your mom to explain it to you. I’m bad at explaining.” He sighed when he could not find his wife anywhere. “She must have went to her yoga class with Hakyeon’s mom.” He voiced out his thoughts before turrning to his son again. “Do you want to taste the coffee? Just don’t tell your mom.”

Taekwoon looked at the coffee then back at his father. He then shook his head, not finding the idea great at all. “I don’t want to ruin my tongue.”

“It’s just coffee. Taekwoon, you want be a man, right? A real man drinks a cup of coffee whenever he has spare time.” Mr. Jung, being a coffee-lover himself, firmly told his son as if he was stating a factual statement. “I remember when you were still a little baby. You used to prefer coffee over your own milk. But your mother did not like it so we made you stop drinking.” He chuckled at the memory.

Taekwoon pursed his lips, thinking if it was a good idea or not. He sniffed the coffee, curious about how it smelled. He expected it to smell like the rotten meal that was thrown into the garbage can or like the diaper of his seatmate in kindergarten. But he was wrong. The aroma of the coffee was different. It had a creamy smell, different to what he was expecting. He sniffed even more then liked it. It was like love at first smell—if such thing even existed. The little Taekwoon liked the scent so much that he wanted to use it as his perfume but even a kid knew that he could not do such thing.

“Taekwoon, are you okay?” Mr. Jung asked his son who was in daze. It was as if someone had cast a magic spell on the kid so he was hypnotized.

Taekwoon shook his head. “No, dad.” He sighed. “Can I… taste this thing?” He asked.

Mr. Jung nodded his head. “Go on.” He gestured his son to do so. After all, there was nothing wrong with making a five-year-old take a sip of latte—such a precious coffee.

Slowly, Taekwoon raised the cup and put it near his lips. It was as if time had slowed down. The cup came nearer and nearer. Taekwoon’s heart started beating faster than Roadrunner. He anticipated the taste. He predicted that it would be good and he knew he was right the moment the latte met his tongue. He was surprised. He never felt that way before. The latte was simply amazing! That was the time when Taekwoon reunited with his first love—the time when he fell in love once again.

 

Ever since that time, Taekwoon had declared his undying love for latte. Since that time, he vowed to never love any other kind of beverage more than he loved coffee. It was such a big word for a five-year-old but he showed everyone how he sincere was. When children his age drank orange juice and lemonade, Taekwoon drank coffee. When kids saved money to buy toys, Taekwoon busied himself by saving money to buy a coffee from Starbucks. While everyone ate chocolate cake, he would eat mocha cake by himself.

Even as a kid, Taekwoon’s determination was something dumbfounding. Even adults were amazed and were surprised to see how a kid could sacrifice so much for his love for coffee.

But destiny was cruel. Life was always harsh. Someone wanted Taekwoon’s love for coffee to disappear. What Taekwoon could not handle what it was his own mother who did such thing. She was against their love. Taekwoon could not understand why. All he did was to love the latte.

“Why are you trying to separate us?” The eight-year-old Taekwoon once asked his mom. It had been three years since his addiction for coffee started and he was head-over-heels in love.

Mrs. Jung let out a sigh. “What do you mean by ‘trying to separate you’? All I ask you to do is to stop drinking coffee thrice a day. You’re seven. Too much caffeine is bad for your health.”

“It’s the same thing.” Taekwoon replied, frowning. “You just said that coffee is bad for me.”

“Of course, it is.” Mrs. Jung said. “We have to cut your caffeine intake and that’s final. Why don’t you act like the children in your age?” She asked. “Be like them and play with them.”

“Like who? Like the kid who talks to cockroaches every time?” Taekwoon asked, pouting. “I don’t want to. He’s weird. Also, kids from my school do not appreciate the real beauty of coffee.” He reasoned out, shaking his head in disapproval. He was stating what he believed was right. Those idiots he called classmates were not very fond of coffee. They would never appreciate the aroma that only coffee had. They would never appreciate the beauty of coffee beans and the delicious taste of brewed coffee.

“Jung Taekwoon, stop this craziness.” Mrs. Jung sighed once again. “Let’s also stop this talk. From now on, you can only drink coffee thrice a week.”

“What? No!” Taekwoon exclaimed but he was not able to do anything. Just like that, Taekwoon grew far away from coffee—that was an exaggeration, of course. Their relationship became unhealthy.

 

Taekwoon was sobbing inside his room after a day of not being able to drink coffee. His heart was aching. He just realized that it would be hard for him to live a day without his daily caffeine intake. Coffee had completely taken over him, over his heart. He did not know what to do to stop it because it was unstoppable. The next day, Taekwoon went to the park just because his father insisted for him to do so. The little boy was not happy. The sun was shining so brightly and it reminded him of drinking iced coffee under the bright sun. Children were laughing as if they were teasing him.

Taekwoon wondered why there was no storm, why it was not raining at all. Weren’t there were always rain in dramas whenever there were farewells? But Taekwoon just separated with his latte, how come there was only a dazzling sun? Was he in a tropical rainforest or something? Either way, it was depressing for the child. It was not very acceptable.

Breaking up in a sunny day was worse than a rainy day, you cannot hide even your smallest expression. That kind of feeling could not be explained by any typical love song—perhaps, it’s because no one would care enough to write a love song about latte. But for some reasons, the feeling reminded Taekwoon of his favorite song by R.ef which was entitled as “Formula for Breakup” or also known as “Love Equation”.

His feelings for coffee might be that strong already. His love was an addiction that could not be contain by such an innocent kid like Taekwoon. He had decided. He would fight for it—for his lovely coffee, his one and only latte.

That was the reason why Taekwoon finally had the right to drink as much as he wanted. He fought for it and he finally succeeded in convincing his mom. That was how Taekwoon ended up with his first love once again.


Author's Note:(New Poster from love_kris)

Good news! This story finally has its poster! LOL thank you, love_kris! 

Also, I want to inform everyone about my update tomorrow. I might update if I can finish the next chapter right away. I don't have classes on Fridays but I have a seminar to attend to (suddenly regretting the fact that I even joined the publication because I feel too lazy to go to the seminar lol)

Special thanks to all those who commented and for those who are still reading this weird story.. And to those who upvoted, marlia91, LeeJi98, Karenkitty1092, Taotic, Sweatervest_Suho, hongbeann, love_kris, Hala-bear, Zhuchu, and Lola20 thank you so much! It means a lot to me.

PS (Very Important Note): Look for Leo, the cockroach in the posters xD