Chapter 12.5

One Great Escapade

Author's Note: (Read to avoid confusion)

This is a special chapter, a filler chapter. This one took place a few weeks/days before the boys got admitted to the mental hospital. This is like a flashback but it does not necessarily mean that the characters are thinking about it. The time when this happened may be confusing so if you want to back read to see what happened in the previous special chapter of Taekwoon, it's in Chapter 4.5


Taekwoon's Special Chapter

Taekwoon must have been possessed because after hearing from a college student about the free coffees in the mental hospital, he found himself sitting on a chair inside a psychiatrist’s office. He was having his assessment so that the doctor would decide if Taekwoon were to be put in the mental hospital or not. Taekwoon was writing his answers on the written questions on a bond paper.

“So, Mr. Jung Taekwoon, you are telling me that you want to be confined here for the time being?” The doctor, who was known as Dr. Choi, asked. “Well, I can see why you need to do so…” He trailed off, looking at Taekwoon and nodding his head. “Please tell me why you flipped the tables inside the café. There must be something wrong, right?” Dr. Choi said in a kind tone as if talking to a child.

“Everything is wrong.” Taekwoon replied with his usual soft voice. He was even nodding to his own words as if he agreed with himself. “Latte is…” He trailed off. “Important.” He finished his sentence after his two second dramatic pause. He nodded once again.

“How important could a latte be?” Dr. Choi asked casually.

Taekwoon glared at the doctor as if the latter just started a war. “Latte is important.” He replied.

“But you can live without the latte, right?” Dr. Choi asked.

Taekwoon gave the doctor a judging look. He wondered if the doctor was a legit doctor. Why was that doctor so curious of Taekwoon’s latte? Nevertheless, Taekwoon nodded his head. “No, I can’t.” He replied, still nodding his head. He had the ability to nod his head even when he meant ‘no’.

“If all the coffee beans were to disappear, what will happen to you?” The doctor continued asking random questions—to which Taekwoon was not even listening to because he was busy writing. “Mr. Jung…” Dr. Choi called the coach’s attention.

“I will disappear with them.” Taekwoon replied without hesitation, putting down his pen and handing Dr. Choi the paper that he just filled up. He spoke as if it was the most obvious thing.

Dr. Choi frowned when he saw the things that Taekwoon wrote on the paper—it was not even a text. It was a drawing of a cup of coffee, a sack of coffee beans, and some unidentified horifying drawings around the coffee. “Uh… Mr. Jung, I think that rather than having a mental illness, you just have a strange obsession with coffee and a freakishly horrible drawing skills. I think you are free to leave now.”

“Where is the coffee?” Taekwoon asked, his voice was firm and cold.

“Coffee?” Dr. Choi asked in confusion. “What coffee are you talking about?”

“The college student said—” Taekwoon cut himself off, taking a deep breath to calm himself. “There’s no free coffee here, right?” He asked angrily to gritted teeth. When Dr. Choi shook his head as a response, Taekwoon slammed his hands on the table and stood up. “You!”

“W-well,” Dr. Choi stuttered. “We used to give coffees to patients but we don’t have a supply of coffee beans right now so—” He cut himself off, gulping while refusing to meet the eyes of his patient. He rarely get scared of his patients when he did get scared, it meant that his life was on the line.

Taekwoon glared at the trembling doctor. “Give me my coffee!” He exclaimed, fuming. After that line, the hell broke loose—just kidding. For the first time in his twenty six years of existence, he started tearing up. Every night, he prayed that everything would just be a dream when he woke up but it did not come true. Exhausted and lonely, he had lost his own way. He did not know what to do with his life anymore. If it was for his beloved latte, he would be willing to do anything. Latte was his begging and his end. “The addicction that fills me pierces my heart*.” He cried.

[*Yeah, it’s Hyukkie’s line in Fantasy LOL]

“What are you saying?” Dr. Choi asked in confusion. “Anyway, seeing the way you’re acting now, I think you really do need help from professionals. We’ll get your ward ready.”

Taekwoon shook his head. “I don’t want to stay here. There’s no coffee.”

“Oh, there will be.” Dr. Choi lied so that Taekwoon would stop crying. “Wait patiently, okay?” He added. Taekwoon was naive back then. He should have had known that it was just a lie.

 

“You will be sharing a ward with one other patient because both of you are under observation.” The nurse called Nurse Park said as the two of them walked towards the stairs. “There is another guy occupying the ward across you. He’s a sloth. He does not do much.” She added in a monotone. “If you, Mr. Jung, did something reckless or something that is not good at all, we would we forced to isolate you. If the others were the ones who did something bad, we would isolate them so don’t worry.”

Taekwoon was not paying attention. He was embarrassed because he just cried earlier. He never thought that such thing would happen in his life. In addition to that embarrassing fact, he was thinking about the fact that he would have to deal with other people—crazy ones even. “What kind of people are they?” Taekwoon asked, climbing the stairs with Nurse Park.

Nurse Park shrugged her shoulders. “This is a mental hospital so this answer might be expected but I am telling you, they are some weird people. Watch your back because they might ruin everything.” She replied. “I will start from the guy occupying the room across yours. His name is Wonshik. He’s been here for a week or so and I don’t like him.” She explained. Taekwoon could tell that the old nurse did not like anyone at all. “I don’t like anyone.” The nurse added as if reading Taekwoon’s mind. “That kid just sleeps and eats all the time. He’s like my good-for-nothing husband.”

Taekwoon raised an eyebrow. So, the old nurse was married?

“But I don’t have a husband.” The nurse grumpily said. “Anyway, that kid, Wonshik, is not someone scary. The one you should be scared of is the person who would be using the same ward as you.”

“Why?” Taekwoon asked. He was not scared of anyone or anything—of course with the exception of ‘disappearing lattes’ but that was a completely different scenario.

“That person arrived earlier this morning. His name is Cha Hakyeon. He was depressed because of something. He’s weird, I tell you. He  just arrives but he pisses me off already.” Nurse Park narrated, her eyebrows were furrowed like it was her neutral expression. “If you want to get out of here as soon as possible, stay away from him at all costs.”

Taekwoon blinked his eyes because the warning did not affect him at all. It was not like he liked people anyway so why would he waste time trying to get along with people from the mental hospital? Definitely, he would not do such thing.

 

Taekwoon panted when they arrived in the sixth floor. They walked all the way from the doctor’s office that was located in the first floor. It was a surprise that the old nurse was still able to walk. She was not even panting. It was as if she was used to climbing the stairs from the first floor to the sixth floor every day despite being old.

“Stop acting like a dying fish.” Nurse Park snapped at Taekwoon as if the latter had done something wrong when all he did was to pant. “I climb the stairs until 12th floor every single day and you don’t hear me complain about it. Be a man and start using the stairs every day.”

Taekwoon glared at the old woman but he did not reply. All he could think of was why did he have to climb the stairs when there was a freakin’ elevator that could bring him in any floor he wanted in less than five minutes? Why climb that stairs that would take forever? Taekwoon wondered why the nurse was a nurse and not a patient of the hospital.

Nurse Park let out a shriek all of a sudden, waking Taekwoon up from his trance. The old nurse stared at the widely opened door of a certain ward in horror. “W-w-w-what?” She stuttered. “That punk escaped? How on Earth?! I am really going to tie him to a chair.” She said through gritted teeth.

Taekwoon just stared at the nurse in confusion. He had no idea about what was happening in front of him.

“Cha Hakyeon just managed to escape from his ward.” Nurse Park informed Taekwoon, answering his unasked question. “I have to go and find him—” She cut herself off, turning to Taekwoon. “Do it yourself. Look for Cha Hakyeon. If you found a random guy talking to cockroaches, that’s him. Bring him back to the ward. I’m too tired to look for him.” She commanded before leaving like nothing happened.

 

Taekwoon frowned. It was ridiculous. He overheard that there was coffee but there was none. He was promised coffee but instead of getting one, he even got himself a problem. Why, oh, why did he agree to stay in a mental hospital? He must have been possessed. He must have lost his mind. Speaking of losing his mind, Taekwoon found a perfect example. A tanned man was sitting on the floor in the middle of the hallway, talking to two cockroaches.

“From now on, your name is Pochi and Mochi. Leo is irreplaceable but maybe, the two of you can mend my poor broken heart.” The stranger told the cockroaches.

Taekwoon’s frown deepened. Even if deep inside he knew the truth, he still hoped and prayed that the man in front of him was not Cha Hakyeon, his new roommate. “Excuse me.” Taekwoon called the attention of the stranger with his barely audible voice. “Are you—”

“—Yes, I am Cha Hakyeon!” The stranger excitedly answered without letting Taekwoon finish what he was saying. “You must be Jung Taekwoon, right? My new roommate?” He asked, standing up and walking closer to Taekwoon. “It’s nice to meet you! Let’s get along well!”

From that moment on, Taekwoon knew that his life would never be the same once again. He also knew that he was damned and doomed for eternity.


Author's Note:(Update Schedule & VIXX's Comeback)

So... are you ready for the comeback? I think I am but my money is not. xD I just want to inform you that I have an almost one week from school so maybe, I will be able to update on Monday (October 31) but let's see what will happen.

And please do leave a comment. This author loves comments and feedbacks more than anything else! 

Special thanks to all those who commented. And to those who upvoted, marlia91, LeeJi98, Karenkitty1092, Taotic, Sweatervest_Suho, hongbeann, love_kris, Hala-bear and Zhuchu thank you so much! It means a lot to me.