Chapter 7

One Great Escapade

“Ah… that was refreshing.” Hakyeon sighed in relief when he was finally able to pee after three hours of holding it in. Fortunately—he was not sure if he could consider himself ‘fortunate’—a nurse came to deliver their food. She practically saved Hakyeon’s life so the boy was really thankful. He even started crying because of the happiness that he could not contain. While Hakyeon was happy, Taekwoon was relieved. He was forced to comfort Hakyeon. He swore, the moment he got his hands on Sanghyuk and the others, he would rip their necks and make sure that they would not wake up again.

“Let’s go.” Taekwoon muttered when Hakyeon was done washing his hand. A dark aura emitted from Taekwoon, making Hakyeon gulp a little. The latter knew that something bad was ought to happen. Anyone who had seen Taekwoon’s angry eyes could easily tell.

Hakyeon, afraid to talk, just walked alongside Taekwoon through the hallway. When they were near their room, Taekwoon stopped, causing Hakyeon to stop as well. That was when Hakyeon noticed that Taekwoon was glaring at a door. “Ah… Taekwoon, let’s head back to our room.” Hakyeon laughed nervously. He had no idea that the day when he would be so scared of someone would come. But he was not scared for himself, he was scared for Sanghyuk whose life was in danger. “Let’s take a deep breath and forgive and forget.”

Taekwoon grunted in frustration, closing his eyes tightly. “How can I forgive and forget when I’m with you, you punk? I want to forget about your existence but you keep on talking, how can one forget about you? I’m stuck with you for more than four hours and not once did you shut up. Who told you to keep talking nonstop, you punk?” He asked continuously in annoyance.

Hakyeon completely forget his fear when he heard Taekwoon talk so much. “Whoa… this is my first time hearing you talk so much.” He excitedly said, looking so amazed. “So, you can actually talk like that? Why are you not talking much then? You should talk more. You have a beautiful soft voice.” He added.

Taekwoon groaned, mentally questioning his life and his fate. He wondered if Hakyeon even understand his words, if Hakyeon understood that Taekwooon hated the fact that the two of them were stuck with each other. If Taekwoon could, he would have strangled Hakyeon already but he decided that it would be hard to drag a dead body with him. He should start with the other brats first. He glared at the door and prepared to murder the four people inside. Just as he was about to kick the door, Hakyeon held him tightly.

“Taekwoonie, forgive the kids. I bet they are regretting their actions right now.” Hakyeon said, sounding like a mom. “For now, why don’t we eat first? I’m hungry and I bet you are too. Let’s eat first to calm ourselves. They will probably release us later.”

As if on cue, Taekwoon’s stomach growled. “Fine. Let’s eat first and deal with the brats later.”

 

Sanghyuk, Hongbin, Jaehwan, and Wonshik let out a sigh of relief when they heard the footsteps of Taekwoon and Hakyeon getting quieter and quieter. The four of them were leaning on the door for precautions, afraid that Taekwoon might force the door open—which he almost did if not for Hakyeon. The four boys let out another sigh before going back to what they were doing before they heard Taekwoon and Hakyeon’s voice, eating, that was. The four of them sat in a circle in the middle of the room.

“Should we free them now?” Jaehwan asked Sanghyuk.

“How do we do that? We don’t have a key.” Hongbin stated the fact as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. “If Taekwoon hyung were to find out, he might even kill us. I’m still too handsome to die.”

“What do we do now?” Wonshik asked, sounding really worried. “We could not even afford to get out of the door because we might just die. I went here so that I won’t have to jump in front of a train and die.” He added, glancing at their only hope—the evil genius, Sanghyuk.

Sanghyuk pursed his lips, tapping his chin as he thought. “We could just search for the key or break the handcuff. But I suggest that we do nothing right now.” He told the three worried guys who looked at him as if he lost his mind (as if it was not obvious when they were in a mental hospital). “What? It’s fun watching the two of them, no? Let’s enjoy for now. Plus, Hakyeon hyung can just protect us from harm.”

“I agree, I agree. Let’s do that. But when will we free both of them?” Hongbin asked Sanghyuk.

Sanghyuk grinned, looking like a sweet little kid. “Actually, hyung, why do we have to worry about them getting out? We can just leave them here. Now is the time for us to escape.”

“B-but isn’t that a bit too cruel?” Wonshik asked nervously. He was a bum and all but he had never tried betraying his friends before. That would make him a cruel person. He had a younger sister who looked up to him so he could not afford to be considered as a cruel person.

“Why? Don’t you like Hyukkie’s idea? I like it though.” Jaehwan told Wonshik with a grin on his face. “We can surely escape from this place together if it’s just the four of us. Also, it’s exciting! Don’t you watch thriller movies? Don’t they always betray each other in those?” He asked. He clasped his hands together with a dreamy look on his face. “I have always wanted to try those but I was not able to. Can’t we try it? Just this once?” He pouted, acting all cute in front of Wonshik.

With a sigh, Wonshik nodded. “Fine. Do what you want. I don’t have a choice if the majority wants it.”

“I want to go along Hyukkie’s plan too.” Hongbin nodded his head in agreement, smiling at Sanghyuk. “I’ll always support you, Hyukkie. I’ll be a reliable hyung.” He added.

Sanghyuk smiled like a sweet little child. The other three could only wonder why an evil kid could be so lovable. But then, Sanghyuk was an angel in disguise. It was easy for him to deceive people. “Should we start creating a plan on how to escape from this place?” Sanghyuk asked, still smiling like a cute little kid. He asked but the others felt like it was rather a command than a question.

“Do we have a choice?” Hongbin asked, not bothering to beat around the bushes.

“Nope.” Sanghyuk replied, shaking his head with a smile on his face. He was a devil, after all.

 

“How do we eat properly?” Hakyeon asked as he and Taekwoon settle down on the floor with their foods in front of them just waiting to be eaten. His right hand was connected to Taekwoon’s left hand so it would be hard for the both of them if Hakyeon were to move his right hand. “You cannot eat too because you’re left-handed, right?” Hakyeon asked Taekwoon.

Taekwoon shrugged, taking the spoon with his right hand without bothering to reply to Hakyeon’s question. He started eating, using only his right hand for the spoon. He shoved a spoonful of rice into his mouth and then a spoonful of meat, not really minding Hakyeon who was starving. Taekwoon shoved another spoonful into his mouth, ignoring Hakyeon’s stares.

“What? You can use your right hand to eat?” Hakyeon asked, surprised. For the few weeks that he had known Taekwoon, he would only see the said guy using his left hand so Hakyeon assumed that Taekwoon was left-handed. “You are left handed, right? Isn’t it hard to eat with your right hand?” Hakyeon asked once again but as usual, he did not get any response. He was not even one bit surprised but he was not going to give up either. One of the many things that Hakyeon hated was giving up. “Can you use both of your hands comfortably? That’s amazing!” He commented, clasping his hands together excitedly. Taekwoon did not reply. He did not know what Hakyeon was expecting anyway. “Say… I cannot eat properly. Feed me.” Hakyeon told Taekwoon, making the latter stop eating.

Taekwoon sent Hakyeon a death glare. There was no way that he was going to feed hat annoying guy. Let that guy starve to death, Taekwoon could not care less. “No.” Taekwoon muttered, sounding annoyed.

“If Leo were here… he wouldn’t let me starve to death.” Once again, without a fail, Hakyeon started his monologue about his late pet, Leo.

Taekwoon groaned. He hated how dramatic Hakyeon was when it came to Leo. Come to think of it, it was partially Leo’s fault why Taekwoon was stuck with Hakyeon. That cockroach was to blame. If Taekwoon could, he would personally bring Leo to life and kill that cockroach once again because it ruined his peaceful life. “Fine. I’ll feed you.” Taekwoon sighed in defeat, bringing the spoon near Hakyeon’s mouth. “Ah…”

“Ah…” Hakyeon happily opened his mouth. Indeed, he was a con artist in his past life.

 

But if there was another person who could be a con artist, it would be no other than Han Sanghyuk. After eating, he led his comrades to the first floor. He had computed how long would it take them to escape and how much energy. But of course, he was not yet sure enough. He had to take extra precautions and that was the four of them were practically crawling through the hallway as they searched for the exit.

“There’s no guard.” Wonshik whispered as he peeked through the door. Then, he turned his head to Sanghyuk who was beside him. “But will we be all right? I cannot help but think about Taekwoon hyung and Hakyeon hyung—more on Taekwoon hyung though. Will that guy survive with Hakyeon hyung?”

“If you’re going to worry about someone’s life, aren’t you supposed to be worrying about Hakyeon hyung instead? I think that guy is going to lose his life soon.” Hongbin pointed out. “He will lose his life in Taekwoon hyung’s hand.”

“Isn’t that a good thing though? That Hakyeon hyung will be able to find his Leo again?” Jaehwan asked. Indeed, he was the one who could understand Hakyeon well.

“Leo? Who’s Leo?” Wonshik asked Jaehwan in confusion. He would always hear Leo’s name but not once was he able to figure out who the hell that guy was.  But then again, he did not really care.

“Guys, guys,” Sanghyuk called the attention of the three guys. “Let’s not be distracted. Focus on what’s more important. Right now, escaping is more important. If we can’t escape now, who knows what might happen to us in Taekwoon hyung’s hands? Just thinking about makes me shiver.” As if to demonstrate, he shivered. Well, he could already imagine Taekwoon’s death glares—it was scary and Sanghyuk was not going to risk his life anymore.

Hongbin shivered as well. “All right.” He nodded his head, agreeing with Sanghyuk. He knew that if Taekwoon were to find him, he would be as good as dead. After all, it was his fault why Taekwoon and Hakyeon were stuck together. He was the one who played with the handcuffs. “What should we do now, Sanghyuk?” He asked, deciding to just depend on the kid for the time being.

“It’s simple. There’s no guard so we can just head to the gate, climb up quietly, check the other side and if no one’s there, jump then run away.” Sanghyuk summarized his plan as if it was the easiest thing to do. Signaling the other guys to follow him, he crawled to the gate quietly. The others followed the suite, fully believing in the youngest guy. Sanghyuk stood up properly, looking at the gate in front of him. “Now, someone needs to go first and check if it is safe to leave now.” He explained, turning to the older guys.

The three guys looked at each other as if signaling each other to go first. “Eldest first.” Wonshik stated, completely betraying Jaehwan who looked horrified due to that statement.

“Why me? I might fall. I don’t want to go first. What if there were tons of guards outside? What if the moment I look down, I would be shot?” Jaehwan panicked, almost losing his sanity—which in reality, he had lost it for a long, long time already.

Sanghyuk let out a sigh. He knew that they could not escape when the others were acting cowardly. He could not afford to get caught because of some childish arguments. “Fine, I’ll do it first.” He said, making Jaehwan sigh in relief. “But the three of you should stay here and stay on guard. Don’t be too scared, okay?” Sanghyuk told the three older guys. When the three guys nodded, Sanghyuk wasted no time and immediately started climbing the gate. The gate was pretty high, around seven feet tall but it was easy to climb—at least for Sanghyuk who escaped from school all the time.

“Ah… Sanghyuk…” Hongbin trailed off when Sanghyuk was almost at the top. “You should come down now.” He said, sounding so anxious. It was as if he had just seen a ghost, trying to kill Sanghyuk.

Sanghyuk did not even look back to ask why Hongbin was calling him. “Later, hyung. Don’t be so scared. We will be able to—” He could not even finish his sentence because someone was pulling his right leg. He tried to brush the hands off but it was like an annoying leech clinging onto him so tightly. “Hyung—” He tried to speak but was cut off once again.

“Han Sanghyuk, don’t try to escape.” A demonic voice hollered, making Sanghyuk gulp.

He turned his head slightly, only to see Nurse Park glaring at him. He gave her a small forced smile before letting out a loud cry to his hyungs who had no idea what to do. “Hyungs, help me!” He cried even louder. If he were to choose between dying in Nurse Park’s hands or Taekwoon’s, he would choose the latter. The latter would kill him right away but the former would surely torture him first. Right, he would rather go back inside and die because of Taekwoon. He already decided to just give up but the older guys had a different plan. They planned on letting him leave.

In a swift motion, Wonshik, Hongbin, and Jaehwan grabbed Nurse Park away from Sanghyuk. The youngest almost fell but he was able to hold onto the gate so tightly. “Go now, Hyukkie! Don’t stop running, okay? It’s dangerous. Don’t look back at us. We’ll protect you.” Hongbin told Sanghyuk who was still watching as the three guys did their best to stop Nurse Park.

Sanghyuk nodded his head, tears forming in his eyes. He tore his eyes off of his friends. As fast as he could, he reached the top and then he jumped down easily. After a one last glance at the hospital, he started walking away. His footsteps were heavy. He escaped but he was not happy. It had only been three weeks but it seemed like he got too used to the presence of the other five—Taekwoon and Hakyeon were included. Sanghyuk could not help but tear up as he walked. Before he knew it, he was running back to the hospital. He pushed the gate open. “Hyungs!” He cried, seeing the three being reprimanded by Nurse Park.

“Hyukkie!” Hongbin, Jaehwan, and Wonshik cried too, seeing Sanghyuk back. They ran pass Nurse Park and went to give Sanghyuk a tight hug. Nurse Park rolled her eyes as a heartwarming reunion just unfolded in front of her eyes.

“We thought you left us behind!” Hongbin teared up, hugging Sanghyuk tighter.

“I can’t leave you guys behind. I cannot do it alone. Let’s escape some other time together.” Sanghyuk said.

“Let’s do that.” Jaehwan agreed, tearing up. After a few minutes of crying together while hugging each other, Jaehwan noticed one thing. “Wait, Hyukkie, did you enter through the gate?” He asked. The four of them stopped hugging upon realization and looked at the gate then at each other.

“Yes, the gate is open, you fools. I forgot to lock it that’s why I’m here.” Nurse Park confirmed the fact for the boys. “Now that you failed miserably, get back to your rooms and stop being so dramatic.”

“Yes…” The four boys sadly replied. They sounded sad but deep inside, they were happy that they were complete, that the four of them were together. For a moment, they had completely forgotten the hell that was waiting for them inside the hospital.


Author's Note: (New Update Schedule/New One-shot)

First of all, I just posted anotther VIXX one-shot story. This will be the continuation of my previous one-shot story. 'To the Pig Farm, We Go'

Secondly, I am not going to update every Wednesday anymore. Instead, the updates would come every other Friday (I am not yet sure if I'll change it to Saturday though) since my classes would start next week. I'll be gone for practically the whole day (7-4 but the travel time takes an hour) so I will not have time to update regurlarly (it's not final but supposedly Friday is my free time because of the online classes). Please do understand me. ^^

Special thanks to all those who commented. And to those who upvoted, marlia91, LeeJi98, Karenkitty1092, Taotic, Sweatervest_Suho, hongbeann, and Zhuchu thank you so much! It means a lot to me.