Chapter 7.5

One Great Escapade

Author's Note: (Read to avoid confusion)

This is a special chapter, a filler chapter. This one took place a few weeks/days before the boys got admitted to the mental hospital.


Wonshik's Special Chapter

 

 “Oppa*!” Wonshik’s younger sister, Jiwon, entered Wonshik’s room without even bothering to knock. “Wonshik oppa!” She called loudly even though Wonshik was just busy sleeping on the bed, snoring like there was no tomorrow. “Oppa! Oppa!” She kept on calling her older brother.

[*Oppa is something that girls use to refer to elder guys. It does not matter if the boys are their relatives or not, girls still use ‘oppa’.]

Wonshik was awaken due to his sister’s continuous chanting. He could not help but to groan at this fact. He was just so tired and he needed his rest, his precious sleep. “Go away, Jiwon. Oppa is tired, let me sleep first and we’ll talk later, okay?” He sleepily muttered the he yawned after he was done muttering. “Ah!” He exclaimed when a hard slap landed on his —his younger sister just hit his ! Wonshik would have sat up and scold his sister if not for the fact that his body was too exhausted to move a single muscle. He felt like he would collapse back to bed and fall asleep anytime.

“Tired? Tired?!” Jiwon snorted. “Oppa, you’ve been sleeping for four days straight!” She exclaimed in frustration. “We can’t even sleep well at night because you snore so loudly.” She complained. “Mom and dad were worrying about you, thinking that you’re dead only to be proven wrong whenever we hear your snores.” She added, flailing her arms as she spoke.

“I’m alive, now, let me sleep.” Wonshik yawned once again, his eyes remained closed.

“Can’t you wake up even just for an hour? Can’t you do something useful for once in your life?” She asked but Wonshik just hummed in reply. “Why are you so lazy? Does laziness really run in our genes?” She sighed. “Mom has been wanting to check on you since four days ago but is too lazy to do so. Am I the only normal one in this family?” She asked, sounding so done with everything. As if to prove that Jiwon really was the only normal one, Wonshik replied with a loud snore—he was already asleep once again. Jiwon sighed once again before dragging her legs out of Wonshik’s room.

Wonshik hated waking up. He hated waking up just to work. He hated being tired. Yes, that’s right, Wonshik was a very lazy person. If he were to be paid for every lazy acts that he was doing, he would be a millionaire in a day or two. He was that much of a lazy person. If there was an award for laziness, Wonshik would not win—not because he was not lazy enough but because he would be too lazy to actually join. Call him a crazy guy, a weird person, or a moron but if he could, he would marry his own bed. Then, they would not separate forever.

 

“Kim Wonshik!” Wonshik immediately sat up upon hearing his mom’s voice for the first time in days and that was not something good. In fact, hearing his mom’s voice was like a nightmare inside of a nightmare. It sounded like it came straight out of a horror movie, not because it was ugly but because it was just pure terrifying for Wonshik. Before he could think of an escape plan, his fuming mom entered the room. “Kim Wonshik, you’re 23 and unemployed. Are you planning on sleeping for your whole life?” She asked, obviously angry.

“Can I?” Wonshik dumbly asked in his deep voice, earning himself some punches from his mother. He did not know why he was hit for being honest but decided not to protest because that would just mean a deeper trouble would be waiting for him.

“Oh, what have I done to deserve such a lazy son?” Wonshik’s mom sighed exasperatedly. “I don’t care anymore. From now on, you have to start working. You have to pay for your electricity bill, water bill, and board and lodging.” She declared.

Wonshik looked at his mom in disbelief. “Mom, can you hear yourself? You’re the only mom who’ll ask his son to pay for those!” He pointed out.

“Maybe that’s because I am the only mom whose lazy son sleeps for four days straight!” His mom snapped. “Now, get your off of that bed and start looking for a job. What did I do to deserve such a son?”

“Such an awesome son?” Wonshik asked, earning himself a glare from his mom. He figured that it was not the best answer. “Fine, I will be looking for a job if that’s all you want me to do. Wait and be proud.” He declared proudly. He declared it so proudly because he had a certain plan in mind and he could already tell that it was working because his mom was taken aback.

 

More than two hours of looking for a suitable job for himself was not easy. Wonshik was so tired and sleepy. He had walked for more than two hours straight (though he would sit and sleep for ten minutes everytime he walk for five minutes to recharge his energy). Even though he proudly told his mother that he would look for a job, he also had no idea how to find one. Don’t get him wrong, Wonshik was not always a ‘bed’ potato. In fact, he did try to look for a job before.

To make the story short, he fell asleep in the middle of every job interviews because of boredom. In his defense, who wouldn’t fall asleep because of thet boring thing? He could not help but wonder how some people could stand dealing with such a boring interview. He wondered how many coffees those people drank in order not to fall asleep. Then he shrugged his shoulders. Why would he care about those people anyway? He should only care about his own life. He spotted an empty park bench so he settled himself there. On the outside, he looked like he was in deep thoughts, appearing to be thinking about life but in reality, he was just thinking if he was going to sleep again or not. Of course, he chose to sleep again—it’s Wonshik that we’re talking about. He stretched his body, yawning.

 

He laid down then he immediately smiled in content. The park bench was comfortable, Wonshik had to admit, it was nice laying down on a bench. An idea popped in his mind. “That’s right, why waste time looking for a job? I can just lay down here and sleep here. I won’t have to pay any bills at all.” He chuckled at his own brilliant idea. “I never knew that I have an awesome brain until now.” With a satisfied smile on his lips, he closed his eyes to sleep. He almost entered his dreamland but was disturbed when he felt something crawling on his chest. In confusion, Wonshik opened his eyes only to find a cockroach glaring at him. Without thinking much, Wonshik shrieked out loud, sitting up (it was awkward because of his naturally deep voice) and he sounded like a dying whale so the cockroach ran away, probably scared.

But as much as the cockroach was scared, Wonshik was scared too. He never thought that he would even see a glaring cockroach in his life. But no, he was not going to let that cockroach ruin his plan of staying on the park bench for the rest of the month—for the rest of his life even. That’s right, he had everything sorted out already, that scary cockroach was not going to ruin it.

“Leo!” He heard someone called out. It was a guy who was a bit shorter than Wonshik. He had a tanned skin and he was wearing an expensive coat and a pair of expensive sunglasses. If Wonshik was not wrong, that guy was probably a celebrity—not that Wonshik actually cared. He was about to lay down again but the man approached him. “Excuse me, have you seen a scary yet charismatic cockroach around here?” The stranger asked.

Wonshik was confused but he shrugged his shoulders. “I saw one but he ran away and I don’t know where he went.” He lazily replied. The stranger thanked him before walking away. Wonshik could only furrow his eyebrows. Was that how the society was? Did everyone except for him became weird? Oh, right, then again, he did not care as long as he could still sleep.

Wonshik laid down and closed his eyes to sleep. He did not mind staying on a park bench with people all around him as long as he could still sleep as long as he wanted. His sleep was more precious to him than anything else.


Author's Note: 

I would like to apologize because this chapter is probably not as funny as expected. I also disappointed myself (I can do better than this, I swear). I was answering Mathematics earlier and now, I am not feeling very well. Please bear with me.

The next update may or may not come next week as a celebration of the release of Fantasy MV (it depends on my schedule). Have you guys listen to Fantasy yet? I like it. <3

Special thanks to all those who commented. And to those who upvoted, marlia91, LeeJi98, Karenkitty1092, Taotic, Sweatervest_Suho, hongbeann, love_kris, Hala-bear and Zhuchu thank you so much! It means a lot to me.