Scene 6

StarStruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I almost freaked out when my sister parked. “What are you doing?” I demanded. “This is a no-parking zone.”

 

“When one person stays in the car, it’s not parking. It’s waiting,” she reasoned as she climbed to the backseats to change into her pink dress.

 

“We’ll get a ticket,” I said as her legs almost kicked me in the face.

 

“Just get behind the wheel!” she ordered. I stared at her. “Do it!”

 

“Okay!” Slightly alarmed, I unbuckled my seatbelt to move to the driver’s seat.

 

To make matters worse, my sister sang horribly off-tune to one of Baekhyun’s songs. “Every boy, every girl, they got your posters on their wall,” she crowed. “Yeah!”

 

Someone help me, please.

 

 

Chanyeol and I were in my red Ferrari parked a few feet away from the club. Chanyeol sighed and shook his head. “I don’t know about this, man,” he said uneasily.

 

I wasn’t either, but I had to feign confidence so he’d go through with it. Scoffing, I said, “Nah, it’ll be fine.”

 

“We shouldn’t even be here,” he reminded me. As if I didn’t already know that. “I mean, we should be at home, chilling at that party your parents are throwing.”

 

“Since when do you want to party with my parents?” I almost laughed.

 

He gave me a look. “Are you kidding? The caterer’s from Argentina. There’s gonna be steak for dessert.”

 

“Oh, tempting,” I said honestly before I shook my head, “but I promised Areum I’d sing at her birthday. I’m not going to let her down.”

 

Chanyeol groaned. “Ugh, you and your stupid friendship rules!”

 

“Yeah, they work for you, don’t they?” I shot at him and he laughed, acknowledging the truth to my words. As if he needed more of a reminder, I continued, “Stay at my house for free, eat my food, drive my cars…”

 

“Okay, okay,” he caved. “An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter